Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve (18835 Views)

Trigger Happy Police Officer Kills His Niece On New Year's Eve In Owerri, Imo / Three Sisters Drown In Ebonyi River (Graphic Photos) / Two Teenagers Drown In Lagos Beach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by gentleguy1975: 2:46am On Jan 02, 2022
Siblings drown in Kwara river on New Year’s eve
By Adekunle Jimoh, Ilorin On Jan 2, 2022

Firemen from the Kwara State Fire Serve have recovered corpses of two children of the same parents from Asa River in Ilorin, the state capital.

The deceased children, Damilare (12) and Kamaldeen (14), were said to have drowned in the river in the evening of Friday.

The service said that it evacuated the corpses from Asa River around ‘Laola Salasi Street, Mubo area of the metropolis

It was gathered that the deceased children left for the riverside along with their playmates in the evening of Friday to have fun as usual.

Spokesperson of the state fire service, Hassan Adekunle, who confirmed the incident said: “The Kwara State Fire Service has again evacuated two boys, namely Damilare, 12 years old, and Kamaldeen, 14 years old, from Asa River, ‘Laola Salasi Street, Mubo area, Ilorin today, 31st of December, 2021.

“This horrible incident happened this (Friday) evening at about 16:36hrs (04:36pm), when one Alhaji Eleja suddenly summoned the Brigade to the scene of occurrence.

“However, it was so unfortunate that the two victims (Kamaldeen and Damilare) were recovered dead from the river by the firemen.

“The victims, from Ile-laru compound, Sabo-Line area, Ilorin, went with their colleagues to swim in Asa-River before they eventually drowned in the river and we handed over their bodies to their biological father, Alhaji Jamiu, before leaving the scene of the incident.

“Therefore, the Director, Kwara State Fire Service, Prince Falade Olumuyiwa, urged citizens, particularly parents and teachers, to keep monitoring their children’s movement, especially during this holiday period, in order to avoid such terrible occurrences.”
https://thenationonlineng.net/siblings-drown-in-kwara-river-on-new-years-eve/

1 Share

Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by Lekan1o1: 3:48am On Jan 02, 2022
So sad! Rip to their souls

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by southsouthking(m): 4:35am On Jan 02, 2022
Sad.
I know go even risk am enter swimming pool self not to talk about River.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by Solidkay(m): 4:35am On Jan 02, 2022
Such an avoidable death,
The new year celebration doesn't make anyone immune to negative occurrences,
We all just need to be cautious while having fun.
Happy new year to everyone on NL.
RIP to the departed souls.....

11 Likes

Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by slawormiir: 4:37am On Jan 02, 2022
Damnnn niggarrrr
Too bad...rest in peace to them. I don't know what people see in swimming o...to me I hate that type of fun with passion

water bodies though....I hate that shit....be it erosion, river, stream, lake. Swimming pool
It scares the hell out of me

I don't do water bodies at all...be it erosion, ocean, river. Lake or sea ....same thing with finding myself inside a boat or ship......canoe....hell no....I don't do it..I nor dey enter
southsouthking:
Sad.
water bodies scare the hell out of me..I remember a female friend invited me to her marriage in one ijaw village in edo state.....you have to cross with boat....
I nor go....I just requested for her account and I gave her five thousand naira

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by Mko123(m): 4:42am On Jan 02, 2022
Q
Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by jericco1(m): 4:44am On Jan 02, 2022
Damn
Very sad one
Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by superCleanworks(m): 4:44am On Jan 02, 2022
To enter water during festive season.
big fat NO

IF e pass to bathe for shower I NO DO AGAIN

7 Likes

Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by superCleanworks(m): 4:51am On Jan 02, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

water bodies scare the hell out of me..I remember a female friend invited me to her marriage in one ijaw village in edo state.....you have to cross with boat....

Nairaland people are coming to chew you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by Boogyman557: 4:51am On Jan 02, 2022
Holly Gram cool na this kind matter de make me BLAST my KALA 4 AIR... PITOTO PILOLO MANTOTO... WTF MAN

5 Likes

Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by superCleanworks(m): 4:52am On Jan 02, 2022
Peace582:

This early morning

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by HacheNoire: 4:56am On Jan 02, 2022
southsouthking:
Sad.

You are in my club. I won’t even jump into a Jacuzzi.

The only relationship I have with water is shower and tap.

17 Likes

Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by whytediamond(m): 4:59am On Jan 02, 2022
My God
Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:04am On Jan 02, 2022
Things dey occur

We know of certain rivers in certain States only when people drown

2 Likes

Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by Nobody: 5:11am On Jan 02, 2022
I love swimming alot(and mind you,na God dey protect) ...but If no be swimming pool, forget it....and festive season for that Mara?? Rip kidos

1 Like

Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by anonymuz(m): 5:16am On Jan 02, 2022
Water. I was almost drown at badagry Beach in 2014. It's still like a dream till date.

5 Likes

Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by Dozie32(m): 5:18am On Jan 02, 2022
Chai what a bad way to start the new year.
Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by AntiChristian: 5:35am On Jan 02, 2022
They've got to their bustop and they alight!

We ask Allah to forgive and show mercy to our dead!

3 Likes

Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by Rootprof(m): 5:36am On Jan 02, 2022
What a pity, bad way to start a year. May God console their family. So sad.
Please there is no small water or river,water na water. Stay safe.

2 Likes

Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by Mercury12(m): 5:42am On Jan 02, 2022
Pathetic
Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by jeff1993: 5:56am On Jan 02, 2022
F
Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by Vinnie2000(m): 6:07am On Jan 02, 2022
anonymuz:
Water. I was almost drown at badagry Beach in 2014. It's still like a dream till date.

How is the Experience like? sad embarassed

Terrifying, right?

My Friend who almost drowned in a Pool said that few seconds was Terrible! He was like 'Na die I wan die soo'.. embarassed embarassed
Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by Vinnie2000(m): 6:11am On Jan 02, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Too bad...rest in peace to them. I don't know what people see in swimming o...to me I hate that type of fun with passion

water bodies though....I hate that shit....be it erosion, river, stream, lake. Swimming pool
It scares the hell out of me

I don't do water bodies at all...be it erosion, ocean, river. Lake or sea ....same thing with finding myself inside a boat or ship......canoe....hell no....I don't do it..I nor dey enter

Lolss.. cheesy

Sometimes when I see some Water bodies, I will wonder why did God even Create dem? sad embarassed

Rivers where Boats are making to n fro movements is Good nah!

Some water bodies are so Still and Terrifying! When you look at dem, it's like some evil resides in dem! undecided
Just like Effurun river, in Effurun, close to Warri.
That river is close to a dense forest and the Effurun shrine! Anytime you look@ the River, always gives you some Chills. sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:11am On Jan 02, 2022
Gosh!
What a sad news this is!!

May God console their parents.
May God give the parents the fortitude to bear thus irreplaceable loss.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by Mandesz(m): 6:12am On Jan 02, 2022
I don't swim; I've fear for river

1 Like

Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:12am On Jan 02, 2022
anonymuz:
All of us @[/b] thank God for your life.
You are in this world to be great.
[b]This is gonna be a good year for you in your life so far.

Go and succeed anonymous guy!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Siblings Drown In Kwara River On New Year's Eve by phorget(m): 6:20am On Jan 02, 2022
My people talk say river no dey swallow who no near am...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN N8bn Scam Suspect Has Hole In The Heart--lawyer / Man Arrested In Abia For Selling Baby Boy After Lying To Wife He Died (Video) / Arms And Ammunition Recovered From Criminals In Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.