Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,830 members, 7,806,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Makoko Is An Eyesore . LASG should demolish it. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Makoko Is An Eyesore . LASG should demolish it. (3105 Views)

Tinubu's Visit: The Clothes On The Buildings In A Megacity Is An Eyesore / GVR Visits Makoko Slum In Lagos (Photos) / Lagos Is An Eyesore Compared To The Developed Cities In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Makoko Is An Eyesore . LASG should demolish it. by ThickSharon123(f): 11:29am On Jan 02, 2022
Movic1:
The most extreme settlement in Nigeria is the Makoko slum. Makoko is an environmental eyesore, environmental nuisance, security risk and toxic pollutants of water. The LASG should demolish makoko and relocate the occupants to another place..

To be sincere I never liked the place. Those people are homeless and need a nice, clean place to stay provided by the government.

There was a time, I heard on person or is it an official calling it Lagos Venice. Can you imagine?

Those people are living in shacks and that residence there is far from being Venice.

If they can get them affordae, or floating plastic houses at cheap prices from the Eastern Nigeria or China; tell them to create it for you or make it on contract.

And hand it to them, then have a good sewage system, that doesn't make that water horrible. Sometimes I wonder if the children swim in that water undecided undecided
Re: Makoko Is An Eyesore . LASG should demolish it. by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 02, 2022
helinues:
Lagos State actually have 3 big threats to security in the state.

The slums- Almost half of the people Living there are criminals

The okada riders - 30% of those ones are also one way or the other criminals

The Agberos- Those ones have been causing nuisance on Lagos roads since 14BL
Why didn't you mention the tax collector that awarded his personal company 10% of tax revenue when he was governor that has been chopping and cleaning mouth for 18 years.

The 10% commission collected from taxes since 2003 would have fixed all those slums in Ajegunle,Mushin and Makoko and provided agberos with the necessary skills to get off the streets through establishment of skill acquisition centres.

1 Like

Re: Makoko Is An Eyesore . LASG should demolish it. by helinues: 11:37am On Jan 02, 2022
RuudVan:

Why didn't you mention the tax collector that awarded his personal company 10% of tax revenue when he was governor that has been chopping and cleaning mouth for 18 years.

The 10% commission collected from taxes since 2003 would have fixed all those slums in Ajegunle,Mushin and Makoko and provided agberos with the necessary skills to get off the streets through establishment of skill acquisition centres.

Laye, no be for this new year with this regurgitating thrash

2 Likes

Re: Makoko Is An Eyesore . LASG should demolish it. by Vistra40: 11:40am On Jan 02, 2022
Entprys:

Dem don kom again o. What is wrong with these Ibo boys ?
Dey always wish hors demolishon

Your brothers above supported the post and all you can do is smuggle in tribalism into it. Do you see how hopelessly hopeless you are?

1 Like

Re: Makoko Is An Eyesore . LASG should demolish it. by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 02, 2022
helinues:

Laye, no be for this new year with this regurgitating thrash
Leave thrash for Lawma and MC Oluomo. I will not let you regurgitate thrash this new year.

2 Likes

Re: Makoko Is An Eyesore . LASG should demolish it. by helinues: 11:45am On Jan 02, 2022
RuudVan:

Leave thrash for Lawma and MC Oluomo. I will not let you regurgitate thrash this new year.

Tinubu for president or do the justification quickly

2 Likes

Re: Makoko Is An Eyesore . LASG should demolish it. by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 02, 2022
helinues:

Tinubu for president or do the justification quickly
President or Iragbiji Town Union, Kirirkiri or former Chicago state drug barons

4 Likes

Re: Makoko Is An Eyesore . LASG should demolish it. by helinues: 11:49am On Jan 02, 2022
RuudVan:

President or Iragbiji Town Union, Kirirkiri or former Chicago state drug barons

Would something happen to you if you repeat after me?

Oya let's try again

Tinubu for Nigeria president in 2023..

If you can't, just follow Oba Akiolu's advice

2 Likes

Re: Makoko Is An Eyesore . LASG should demolish it. by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 02, 2022
helinues:

Would something happen to you if you repeat after me?

Oya let's try again

Tinubu for Nigeria president in 2023..

If you can't, just follow Oba Akiolu's advice
You have bad role models. After they took his advice after been threatened, the Bullion Van King still kicked him out.

1 Like

Re: Makoko Is An Eyesore . LASG should demolish it. by Vistra40: 11:58am On Jan 02, 2022
Entprys:

ADABI or not, you are not a YORUBA man.
Embrace your own people. Full Stop.
helinues:

Let me tell you what you don't know.

My prayers have been all those deliberate provocations gullible people from one region have been dishing to other regions, those other regions should just continue to over look them cos the gullible ones doing the provocation don't even have an idea about the implications of their wreckless actions.

Shame suppose catch two of una

2 Likes

Re: Makoko Is An Eyesore . LASG should demolish it. by Freighthost: 1:52pm On Jan 02, 2022
helinues:
Lagos State actually have 3 big threats to security in the state.

The slums- Almost half of the people Living there are criminals

The okada riders - 30% of those ones are also one way or the other criminals

The Agberos- Those ones have been causing nuisance on Lagos roads since 14BL
d whole fulani bandits are all in Lagos nw with bikes hidden ak47 n cutlass n daga
Re: Makoko Is An Eyesore . LASG should demolish it. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 02, 2022
Vistra40:

Shame suppose catch two of una
Re: Makoko Is An Eyesore . LASG should demolish it. by ahuja12: 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2022
That is where all apc miscreants live
Re: Makoko Is An Eyesore . LASG should demolish it. by boyfrank: 7:00pm On Jan 02, 2022
helinues:
All the slums in Lagos state should be demolished.

They are mostly occupied by non indigenes. Let them return to their home states without being a menace to Lagos

It is not by force to live in Obodo Lagos state

Non Indigenes from ogbomoso, Oyo, kwara and ekiti
Re: Makoko Is An Eyesore . LASG should demolish it. by helinues: 7:01pm On Jan 02, 2022
boyfrank:

Non Indigenes from ogbomoso, Oyo, kwara and ekiti

Who cares
Re: Makoko Is An Eyesore . LASG should demolish it. by REDshouse(m): 1:17am On Jan 03, 2022
helinues:

Who dominated the area? LASG should demolish it and let the encroachers return to their respective home states
to enable developers take over
Re: Makoko Is An Eyesore . LASG should demolish it. by REDshouse(m): 1:19am On Jan 03, 2022
Movic1:

I am not Igbo. Slums should be demolished. They have a negative effect on natural ecosystems, slums harbour criminals. Dem no dey develop city with pity. If we continue to pity and not taking strict laws and actions, then we aren't ready for development.
oga ecosystem is not complaining... everyone is important in an ecosystem
Re: Makoko Is An Eyesore . LASG should demolish it. by louqas: 2:08am On Jan 03, 2022
ThickSharon123:

Since I've been on Nairaland, this is the first time you've spoken sense cheesy grin grin congrats.

ITK
Na only una sabi everything.....and na only una opinion matter.....anyone with contrary opinion is automatically an enemy.....wonder which kain country una want build

But you know what
Ko le werk
There will always be difference of opinions whether you like it or not

The right you have to have an opinion is the same right others too have to have an opinion different from yours

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi Live In GRA Onitsha, Anambra State Not Lagos (video) / LP Vs Okupe : I Thank God For Setting Me Free From The Circle Of Liars. / What Exactly Did Tinubu Do In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.