Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu (4151 Views)

2023: Amaechi Gets Extra Security After Rumours Of Endorsement From Buhari / 2023: Amaechi & El-Rufai Campaign Posters Flood Abuja Streets / Amaechi Opens Up On Audio Recording Credited To Him - Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by adenigga(m): 1:34pm On Jan 02, 2022
Daily Post Nigeria

Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has reacted to speculations that President Muhammadu Buhari and former Lagos Governor, Bola Tinubu had a pact on the 2023 presidency.

The circulation of the claim dates back to the months before the 2015 general elections.

A source hinted that after Tinubu was dropped as All Progressives Congress (APC) vice presidential candidate to douse opposition to a Muslim-Muslim ticket, a deal on 2023 was agreed with Buhari.

Nigeria’s Southern states and the incumbent People’s Democratic Party (PDP) then accused the APC of an Islamization agenda.

Power brokers rallied, calmed Tinubu and conceded the selection of Buhari’s running mate to him.

Former Lagos Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Yemi Osinbajo was picked ahead of Ekiti Governor, Kayode Fayemi.

Before the 2019 polls, the President was said to have re-assured the Jagaban of Borgu of the ticket.

Weeks later, Tinubu invited Bisi Akande, former Osun Governor and APC first National Chairman to join him on a visit to the Presidential Villa.

Tinubu, it was gathered, asked Buhari to restate his promise which the President allegedly affirmed. It is believed that the meeting took place in January 2018.

In an interview with Daily Trust, Amaechi stated that he was not privy to details of the alleged agreement.

The former Rivers Governor said he was not sure if Buhari and Tinubu held such a private meeting.

He added that as the Director-General of APC Campaign Organisation, he never witnessed such a decision.

“But if there was a private meeting between President Buhari and our leader, Tinubu, I wouldn’t know.

“If it was a public APC meeting and I was not there, then something must be wrong. I was not told that there was an agreement that power should be handed over to Tinubu”, Amaechi added.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2023-Amaechi-opens-up-on-deal-between-Buhari-Tinubu

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by KeenD: 1:35pm On Jan 02, 2022
We are watching

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by Entprys(m): 1:36pm On Jan 02, 2022
?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by clarocuzioo(m): 1:38pm On Jan 02, 2022
hehehe, Tinubu was made the kind of promise you make to a slay queen on the bed so she will spread her legs wide apart for you.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by atorioke(m): 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2022
“If it was a public APC meeting and I was not there, then something must be wrong. I was not told that there was an agreement that power should be handed over to Tinubu”, Amaechi added.

The above paragragh won my heart. Like an agreement to hand over power given to an individual by the entire populace to one man by one man. What sort of wayward agreement is that? Not to talk much, South South is patiently waiting for 2023. May God keep us alive till then. We all are going to learn the modern politic as every geopolitical zone is now politically smart. We are not in 1900s. Thank you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by helinues: 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2022
A source hinted that after Tinubu was dropped as All Progressives Congress (APC) vice presidential candidate to douse opposition to a Muslim-Muslim ticket, a deal on 2023 was agreed with Buhari

I stopped reading from there.

Bullcrap epistle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 02, 2022
More like I will go to Dubai and buy Abu Dhabi just to enter promise land.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by adenigga(m): 1:43pm On Jan 02, 2022
clarocuzioo:
hehehe, Tinubu was made the kind of promise you make to a slay queen on the bed so she will spread her legs wide apart for you.
Yeeee......

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by Wawelexy(m): 2:06pm On Jan 02, 2022
Both of you re naked, u re about to insert ur rod in her kitten, she then says stop, "do you love me"?

If you be Buhari, Wetin u go talk?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by Finquas: 2:53pm On Jan 02, 2022
Tinubu don enter one chance o

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by ThEGodFaThEr113: 3:08pm On Jan 02, 2022
The Opolo-eyed Chicago drug baron and Iragbiji born Nigeria's number one bullion van criminal a.k.a Lagos Landlord wanted to use Yoruba ogboju to get into presidency but he has failed yakata.
By 2023, Baba Sope will be dealt the last and final blow politically that may make him visit the third mainland bridge to do the needful.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by Yebosola(m): 3:16pm On Jan 02, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr113:
The Opolo-eyed Chicago drug baron and Nigeria's number one bullion van criminal a.k.a Lagos Landlord wanted to use Yoruba ogboju to get into presidency but he has failed yakata.
By 2023, Baba Sope will be dealt the last and final blow politically that may make him visit the third mainland bridge to do the needful.

Stop taking mpurimiri,this is 2022,enough walking naked to the market over Tinubu

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by ThEGodFaThEr113: 3:18pm On Jan 02, 2022
Yebosola:

Stop taking mpurimiri,this is 2022,enough walking naked to the market over Tinubu
Baba Sope extends his greetings to Omo Onitalika like you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:26pm On Jan 02, 2022
Amaechi is just speaking like a politician with double edge tongue so no matter how things go, he'll always be in the middle. This is a different Amaechi from the gutter mouth we knew him as in Rivers state, big up to him on this improvement cool

Tinubu, carry your cross

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by Bastardlyrich: 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2022
helinues:

Bullcrap epistle
You stopped reading because is not what you want to hear.
No Yoruba whether Muslim or Yoruba Christian will ever rule these country except as or se rule.
Yorubas betrayed as and se.
Is pay back time.
Part 2 loading

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by helinues: 3:32pm On Jan 02, 2022
Bastardlyrich:

You stopped reading because is not what you want to hear.
No Yoruba whether Muslim or Yoruba Christian will ever rule these country except as or se rule.
Yorubas betrayed as and se.
Is pay back time.
Part 2 loading

Next time, write in pidgin grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by Bastardlyrich: 3:35pm On Jan 02, 2022
helinues:

Next time, write in pidgin grin
E pain you,commit sewcide like awolowo.
Happy new yearr4 grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by helinues: 3:36pm On Jan 02, 2022
Bastardlyrich:

E pain you,commit sewcide like awolowo.
Happy new yearr4 grin grin grin

You must be on road while still typing.

You must be exhausted. Why not try and drink cold water

1 Like

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by DSoj(m): 3:36pm On Jan 02, 2022
I like the fact that Amaechi referred to Tinubu as "Our Leader"

1 Like

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by helinues: 3:41pm On Jan 02, 2022
Bastardlyrich:

Comit sewcide dear,it will make every one here happy and you will be missed like how awolowo did and cried grin angry grin grin

My brother as we enter new year so, I wish you ten thousand folds of what you are wishing me

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by Igbokid: 3:44pm On Jan 02, 2022
Criminals..
Make I just tidy my exams and japa before the elections..
So help me God
Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by Igbokid: 3:45pm On Jan 02, 2022
Bastardlyrich:

Comit sewcide dear,it will make every one here happy and you will be missed like how awolowo did and cried grin angry grin grin
Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by Bastardlyrich: 3:46pm On Jan 02, 2022
helinues:

My brother as we enter new year so, I wish you ten thousand folds of what you are wishing me
You and manna are the most hated nairalanders.
And both of you spread liars,propaganda for peanuts.
So I encourage you to do it fast,so that we can be saved from your bmc and liars. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by ThEGodFaThEr113: 3:46pm On Jan 02, 2022
helinues:

This new year you've started to wish someone death for no reason. If I attack you now you'll start crying and calling Seun and the other bigoted mod to come to your aid.
Be warned!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by BigSarah(f): 3:46pm On Jan 02, 2022
If someone doesn't want you as VP would they want you as President?

All the best to All players

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by ThEGodFaThEr113: 3:48pm On Jan 02, 2022
DSoj:
I like the fact that Amaechi referred to Tinubu as "Our Leader"
Lori Iro!

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by enyi1: 3:48pm On Jan 02, 2022
helinues:

Bullcrap epistle
Is it true that you are gay and you take dicks in your ass? Drop your digits for serious arsee drilling

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by helinues: 3:49pm On Jan 02, 2022
Bastardlyrich:

You and manna are the most hated nairalanders.
And both of you spread liars,propaganda for peanuts.
So I encourage you to do it fast,so that we can be saved from your bmc and liars. grin

He who God bless, anyone trying to hate is only attracting thunder.

Let me speak for myself, I am yet to lose any major argument/support on this forum meaning all what I have been saying and analysing are the real deal.

I understand that could cause some frustration for others as they have been receiving beating upon beating.

But my curiosity has just been, so some people can carry hatred, anger and frustration enter this young new year.

Life is indeed unfair to some people
Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by ThEGodFaThEr113: 3:49pm On Jan 02, 2022
enyi1:

Is it true that you are gay and you take dicks in your ass? Drop your digits for serious arsee drilling

1 Like

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by NoFucksToGive: 3:51pm On Jan 02, 2022
[s]
helinues:

He who God bless, anyone trying to hate is only attracting thunder.

Let me speak for myself, I am yet to lose any major argument/support on this forum meaning all what I have been saying and analysing are the real deal.

I understand that could cause some frustration for others as they have been receiving beating upon beating.

But my curiosity has just been, so some people can carry hatred, anger and frustration enter this young new year.

Life is indeed unfair to some people
[/s]

You are number 1 hate spreader on this forum and a liar ro booth

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Amaechi Opens Up On ‘deal’ Between Buhari, Tinubu by helinues: 3:51pm On Jan 02, 2022
enyi1:

Life is beautiful, it's sweet

I will be always be grateful to be productive in life

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shocking: What A Yoruba Man Told Me Today At A Bar / How I Will Be Voting Come Feb.2023 / Gov Adeleke Thanks Osun People As INEC Declare All PDP Candidates Elected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.