Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Beautiful Lady Bags First-class Honor After Being Rejected By 17 Schools (Photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Beautiful Lady Bags First-class Honor After Being Rejected By 17 Schools (Photo) (497 Views)

Beautiful Katsina Lady Bags First Class In BSc Mathematics From UMYUK (Photos) / Ogedegbe Destiny Osayi, UNIBEN Law Graduate Bags First Class In Law School / Chideraa Njoku Graduates From Indian University, Bags First Class, Gets A Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Lady Bags First-class Honor After Being Rejected By 17 Schools (Photo) by SiggyNG: 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2022
Update from SIGGY .ng

Sharing her story on her LinkedIn page, Nana revealed that because she wanted to study abroad, she had to apply for 17 schools, and was turned down by all of them, Siggy reports.

According to her, considering the time and efforts she put in applying for the school, her rejections really discouraged and pained her.

But she didn’t let that pull her down. She had to continue her education in Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, KNUST, where she later graduated with a first class honors.

In her words: “I entered the university at the age of 17, being the first person in my family to. In my first year, I so desperately wanted to study abroad and I decided to take the SAT around the same time as my first semester examinations at KNUST! It was no easy task but I still managed to begin with a CWA of 75.

Funny enough, I was rejected by all 17 schools I applied to. This was very painful considering the time and effort I put into it. However, it encouraged me to focus on doing my undergraduate studies in Ghana.

I’m very proud of myself for the wonderful progress I made, and also excited to share some of my accomplishments with you.

Graduated as the second-best student in my class with a CWA of 80.89; Best female student in my class since my first year; Provost list of excellent students for all four academic years.

This is just the beginning! Done with this chapter, on to the next.

Her post got tons of congratulatory messages. One of them was from Kenneth, who wrote: ”Well Done! My dear I believe you have to travel; abroad and study . This will be experience you will not regret! I had all my degrees in the UK in one of the Russell group Universities.

"You can find out which university falls in the Russell group. You will also appreciate the gap in knowledge when you study abroad. Telecommunication engineering you chose is very good. You will excel as a woman in the UK we lack women engineers I suggest you travel if you can.”

https://campusnews.medium.com/beautiful-lady-bags-first-class-honor-after-being-rejected-by-17-schools-photo-47b535438a18

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Lady Bags First-class Honor After Being Rejected By 17 Schools (Photo) by dudusky007(m): 4:22pm On Jan 02, 2022
Na you follow her count am
Re: Beautiful Lady Bags First-class Honor After Being Rejected By 17 Schools (Photo) by chatinent: 4:31pm On Jan 02, 2022
17 rejected school, one graduated, 9 months pregnancy.

Ok o.

(1) (Reply)

Latest AZ-104 Certification Exam Preparation Material / ASUU UPDATE: ASUU Hold Crucial Meeting, The Strike May Be Extended / Download MAN Olympiad Past Questions Primary, Secondary (JNR/SNR)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.