Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) (2790 Views)

After Degrees, 3 Qualities You Need To Meet Industry Expectations / Sure P Gis Scorecard At Eko Hotel / Salary Expectations From KAYMU, JUMIA And Other E-commerce Sites. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by damkollins(m): 3:38pm On Jul 29, 2007
I heard someone calling the graduate fair a FLOP,and I really don't know how I should react to the issue coz I'v never for once in my lifetime experience a Graduate fair so i do not have a scale to put it on.

But honestly,I would want #landers to score the Graduate fair against a scale of 100%.Let's see what each and everyone of us have for them and u may give ur reasons for the score to buttress ur point.

For me,I think for the organization of the program alone and the seminar held not forgetting the speakers too,I'm scoring them 65%.

What do #landers have for them?Let's hear ur views.
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by ushelline(f): 6:52pm On Jul 29, 2007
the GRF was classy, i 4 one my expectations were met . the only short coming if u ask me was d issue of time. I give it 90%
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by ify7: 11:18am On Jul 30, 2007
most of the fairs i have participated in have normally lasted for more than 1 day. but den, d fair was d 1st of it's kind (as regard the number of participants: firms & grads alike). i was scheduled for the afternoon session. some firms had left, some had reps that were exhausted but regardless, i was able to have "1 on 1" with some employers.
i'ld give dem a 60 out of 100
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by damkollins(m): 1:42pm On Jul 30, 2007
ushelline:

the GRF was classy, i 4 one my expectations were met . the only short coming if u ask me was d issue of time. I give it 90%
Oooopppppps!u sure that wasn't too much?
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by muchluv(m): 1:46pm On Jul 30, 2007
i would give them a 80 % rating for day 1 and a 40% rating for day 2 the fair had a good intention (thks 2 nike) but the companies invited were the flop. they were no ready to employ from the vast resources of undergraduates available to them at the fair som were even telling us to go online to drop our cv's so what did we come for? its just the next few months tht would tell us the result of this fair and would either take it from 40 up or down,
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by damkollins(m): 2:00pm On Jul 30, 2007
muchluv:

i would give them a 80 % rating for day 1 and a 40% rating for day 2 the fair had a good intention (thks 2 nike) but the companies invited were the flop. they were no ready to employ from the vast resources of undergraduates available to them at the fair som were even telling us to go online to drop our cv's so what did we come for? its just the next few months that would tell us the result of this fair and would either take it from 40 up or down,
80+40 divided by two equals 60%
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by yvy1(f): 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2007
muchluv:

i would give them a 80 % rating for day 1 and a 40% rating for day 2 the fair had a good intention (thks 2 nike) but the companies invited were the flop. they were no ready to employ from the vast resources of undergraduates available to them at the fair som were even telling us to go online to drop our cv's so what did we come for? its just the next few months that would tell us the result of this fair and would either take it from 40 up or down,

True talk. though I feel they could have done the Id card thingy on day 1. That would have saved a lot of time.

Intentions: 100%, Organisation: 80%, Wastage of Time: 80%

Expected more from Peopleprime as it seemed to be promising when we wrote the exams in May but what the heck? It was the 1st time. Lessons learned from this one will be used to improve on subsequent fairs especially in the area of logistics, 3000 people to be interviewed in 1 day shocked How in the world could anybody think that it would have been possible and that all the candidates would have gotten fair and equal treatment?

Well, it just goes to show that it is REALLY TOUGH out there.
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by Matured26(m): 3:34pm On Jul 30, 2007
Cannot help but laugh.
We all know the truth.
Pls call a spade a spade.
Am giving them 50% and that is just for the 1st day.
The second day, they don't deserve even 1%
All the same, am not an ingrate that does not know how to say thank you.
People prime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for organizing this without paying a dime.
Cheers
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by damkollins(m): 3:37pm On Jul 30, 2007
Matured26:

Cannot help but laugh.
We all know the truth.
Please call a spade a spade.
Am giving them 50% and that is just for the 1st day.
The second day, they don't deserve even 1%
All the same, am not an ingrate that does not know how to say thank you.
People prime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for organizing this without paying a dime.
Cheers
Fair enough.
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by damkollins(m): 3:46pm On Jul 30, 2007
yvy1:

True talk. though I feel they could have done the Id card thingy on day 1. That would have saved a lot of time.

Intentions: 100%, Organisation: 80%, Wastage of Time: 80%

Expected more from Peopleprime as it seemed to be promising when we wrote the exams in May but what the heck? It was the 1st time. Lessons learned from this one will be used to improve on subsequent fairs especially in the area of logistics, 3000 people to be interviewed in 1 day shocked How in the world could anybody think that it would have been possible and that all the candidates would have gotten fair and equal treatment?

Well, it just goes to show that it is REALLY TOUGH out there.

Yeah,ID card should have been on thursday and also,the bronchure for the participating companies at the fair should have been given on thursday too.It would have save enough stress for people who had to look for cafe to print the company profile of the participating companies.
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by damkollins(m): 9:11am On Jul 31, 2007
;d
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by obanikoro2(m): 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2007
o boy those guys tried o. I know they are being paid but how many of us can manage a 100 people not to talk of 3000.
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by dearstan(m): 11:11pm On Jul 31, 2007
the graduate fair was an atrocity, and an insult to the entirety of all who went out there, it does not deserve any form of commendation. if you tell a man to prepare on a journey to the moon and you drop him off on a roof of a house, it cannot but be  a total failure
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by obanikoro2(m): 7:40am On Aug 01, 2007
dearstan:

the graduate fair was an atrocity, and an insult to the entirety of all who went out there, it does not deserve any form of commendation. if you tell a man to prepare on a journey to the moon and you drop him off on a roof of a house, it cannot but be a total failure

How much did u pay for the fair?NOTHING?

No wonder dem say cheaparticle dey run belle grin

Maybe the fair is a total failure for YOU, but definately not for me. I will be called by different coys and offered mouth watering jobs tongue

The fair was ok, It was the 1st of its kind. 65% would be it.
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by Alert(f): 3:09pm On Aug 02, 2007
The GRFair we should all understand was the first of its kind in nigeria and I expect mistakes made on that day would be corrected in future fairs. As the lady said she never expected the large turnout ,she expected less. well, lets be grateful If not for anything but for the useful tips we learnt on the seminar day. how many of us even remembered to thank that nice woman afterwards?
For me I would score them 70%, My expectations were not 100% met but I had the oppurtunity of talking one on one to some of the serious companies that were ready to recruit, and also saved my trans fare by dropping my cvs too.The problem was that the time was short,I would recommend that the days should be extended and secondly the companies were reluctant to grant interviews to all or even recruit but thanks to thier packages which served as compensations undecided smiley
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by ican(f): 4:45pm On Aug 02, 2007
Friends, Lets just give it to them because we didnt pay for this. It was actually interesting but really my expectations were not met at all. For those of us that we were in the afternoon session of the fair, it was really funny cus most of the interviewers were already tired by the time we were in and it was Graduate Fun when we got in there, and no more fair, we just kept submitting CVs. Thanks to GTB that gave me their biro, at least i have that to show that i went to the fair. But i will give them 60%. The BEST is on the way friends, dont worry.
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by mariachi(m): 10:01am On Aug 03, 2007
To say that you want to give it to them because you didn't pay a dime is absurd. If it was bad, it was bad. That is how you guys go on eating SHIT because you feel that they "tried". They were not organised, thats it. How about those that spent a fortune coming from different places? and those that had to stay in hotels because they do not have accomodation? Try to look at every angle. If they floped, then they floped.
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by funshiba(m): 3:49pm On Aug 04, 2007
na wa o, im shock people will say 90% and so on, to be candid the intention was awesome and one of it's kind but the execution was rubbish which i'm sure they will correct the next time, the people (which i belong) for 1pm was at disadvantage, we didnt get in till bout 6pm and the company's representatives were tired, so all we were hearing was "drop your cv", haba did people travel from the various part of the country to drop cv, ?abeg the programme don pass and go, lets move on, nike did a good job but she should please improve on it.did u visit the control risk stand, thats the guy of the day, he treated us as an asset but or fellow people saw us as liabilities (talking anyhow)

i give dem 80% before the fair but the fair, i give them 50%
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by dearstan(m): 6:59pm On Aug 04, 2007
@obanikoro2

i suspect you are one of those organisers of the fair.

in my opinion, it was used as an avenue to rip-off companies that participated.

and i suggest when u get a job from the fair, you come here and let us know
then would i agree that it wasn't a failure
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by obanikoro2(m): 7:54am On Aug 06, 2007
@dearstan
pls ask damkollins if I'm one of the organisers. grin

mariachi:

To say that you want to give it to them because you didn't pay a dime is absurd. If it was bad, it was bad. That is how you guys go on eating SHIT because you feel that they "tried". They were not organised, thats it. How about those that spent a fortune coming from different places? and those that had to stay in hotels because they do not have accomodation? Try to look at every angle. If they floped, then they floped.

Try and organize one lets see how it goes.
We are quick to criticize Okocha for not passing the ball and for not scoring but if we are put right there in the field, we cant even lift our legs, talk more of passing the ball.

My dear the fair was a matter of choice. For those that travelled from London, were they forced?
Stop talking as if they dragged someone down to lagos and left them all high and dry.

They even stated all those facts in the invitation sent.

I still stand by my 65% mark. kiss
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by dearstan(m): 9:54am On Aug 06, 2007
@obanikoro2

try and be reasonable cus you are either talking out of ignorance or simply dat ur dumb.

@mariachi

this is the opinion of someone who is reasonable and was actually at the fair.
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 06, 2007
Hi everyone

Let's not loose hope, I'd advise you check their website www.peopleprime.net or go to this link for the latest gist.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-70747.0.html

I wish you all the best too. wink

'Tosin O.A
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by obanikoro2(m): 7:53am On Aug 07, 2007
@dearstan
I'm not going to engage u in a war of words- I see u as one who loves that- but would oblige u neva to insult me again.

I ve neva met u and do bliv I have neva insulted U b4, so dont try that game with me- I SIMPLY DONT FANCY IT.

Talking about being reasonable, wat's reasonable in:

dearstan:

the graduate fair was an atrocity, and an insult to the entirety of all who went out there, it does not deserve any form of commendation. if you tell a man to prepare on a journey to the moon and you drop him off on a roof of a house, it cannot but be a total failure

and

dearstan:

@obanikoro2

try and be reasonable cus you are either talking out of ignorance or simply that your dumb.

I am sure u have neva failed in ur life. Infact all ur first attempts at anytin has always been success!This was their first attempt and u are crucifying them. U didnt even commend the seminars held the day b4.

I am being objective in my appraisal of the fair- one that gave us the opportunity to meet with human resource managers of those coys all in one day. Try and go to those coys now and ask to see the HRM if u will be given a chance.

I would honest urge u to reconsider ur judgement and ur use of words. VE I SAID TOO MUCH grin
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by dearstan(m): 8:25am On Aug 07, 2007
@Obanikoro

"How much did u pay for the fair?NOTHING? No wonder them say cheap article dey run belle "

How reasonable is that statement ??

also does it also make sense to you that people came from different locations far and wide in nigeria, spending lots of money all to come and "Submit their C.V"

And morestill some of those companies even stopped receiving the C.V's redirecting the graduates to their websites, telling them that they want to build an online database

Since when dem start to use C.V dey build database for the fun of it

Abeg lets see things as they are. That fair was a flop and a rip-off
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by obanikoro2(m): 11:04am On Aug 07, 2007
@OlowoTee

I didnt know u attended the fair, we would ve been able to meet there.
I met damkollins there but didnt meet the other nairalanders- had a very busy week b4 the fair- & didnt want to stress myself greeting so many people. Though urs would ve been an exception.

Just got a text from People Prime thanking me for coming to the fair and directing me to their site for more details. Do take care sis.

@dearstan

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by damkollins(m): 6:11pm On Aug 07, 2007
I think we are mis-interpreting this thread and I'll really like us to know there are better ways of doing things.
[b]@Obanikoro and @dearstan,let's cool off this heat before it gets to something else.I really do not know what my reaction should be,and that's the more reason why i kept mute.[/b]
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by obanikoro2(m): 11:59am On Aug 08, 2007
damkollins:

I think we are mis-interpreting this thread and I'll really like us to know there are better ways of doing things.
[b]@Obanikoro and @dearstan,let's cool off this heat before it gets to something else.I really do not know what my reaction should be,and that's the more reason why i kept mute.[/b]

I am sure u saw me keeping mute too
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by damkollins(m): 12:14pm On Aug 08, 2007
You guys should just take it cool with yourself.We are here to help ourselves and not to exchange insults!
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by obanikoro2(m): 2:57pm On Aug 10, 2007
@damkollins

I think its high time u stop talking as if both of us are physically fighting and holding each others throat. Lets just keep the thread going without staining it wit all these quarelling and fighting stuff. I personally dont like it. Thanks
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by damkollins(m): 4:20pm On Aug 13, 2007
obanikoro2:

@damkollins

I think its high time u stop talking as if both of us are physically fighting and holding each others throat. Lets just keep the thread going without staining it wit all these quarelling and fighting stuff. I personally don't like it. Thanks
YEs siR.
Re: Peopleprime Gfair Scorecard (your Expectations Fully Met?) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 13, 2007
obanikoro2:

@OlowoTee

I didnt know u attended the fair, we would ve been able to meet there.
I met damkollins there but didnt meet the other Nairaland users- had a very busy week before the fair- & didnt want to stress myself greeting so many people. Though urs would ve been an exception.

Do take care sis.

Thank you ma brother, how are you faring now? It's being long, I missed your inspirational msges in the Religion section. wink

I was at the fair o, I asked a fellow Nairalnder if she met with any other Nlander, but she said no.

Maybe I would have spotted you out, but OBANIKORO, i guess isn't your real name, likewise damikolins. grin  grin  grin.

Wish i knew your names cry   wink  grin Take care of your bodi.

How's life with you too Damikollins, and thanks for calling. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vacancies At A Private School In Gbagada Lagos / Eagle Search And Rescue Foundation / Vacancy - [CLOSED]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.