Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

How Dogged Are Seventh Day Adventist Members?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Dogged Are Seventh Day Adventist Members?? (596 Views)

The Seventh-day Adventist Church / Pastor Jean Pierre-Maywa Beaten By Seventh Day Adventist Church Members In Kenya / Thunder Lightning Strikes At Rwanda Seventh-Day Adventist Church Kills 16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Dogged Are Seventh Day Adventist Members?? by TheRealOwner(m): 3:10am On Jan 03, 2022
Good morning NL. I am here with a question. So there is this lady that ticks a lot of my boxes.

The only challenge now is she attends Seventh Day Adventist Church. She refuses to participate in anything else on Saturdays, not even academic work (which is what brought us together) apart from their services

I just want to know the rules or system they follow and how dogged they are.

Intelligent and insightful responses would be very much appreciated
Re: How Dogged Are Seventh Day Adventist Members?? by kristonium(m): 4:28am On Jan 03, 2022
TheRealOwner:
Good morning NL. I am here with a question. So there is this lady that ticks a lot of my boxes.

The only challenge now is she attends Seventh Day Adventist Church. She refuses to participate in anything else on Saturdays, not even academic work (which is what brought us together) apart from their services

They are just like any other Pentecostal gathering,the only difference is that they don't worship on Sunday, and they don't eat meat and fish!
Re: How Dogged Are Seventh Day Adventist Members?? by TheRealOwner(m): 4:44am On Jan 03, 2022
kristonium:

They are just like any other Pentecostal gathering,the only difference is that they don't worship on Sunday, and they don't eat meat and fish!

Okay thank you so much. What do they now eat instead
Re: How Dogged Are Seventh Day Adventist Members?? by youngking89(m): 5:24am On Jan 03, 2022
They eat tofu.
They don't wear earring.
They don't take coke or pepsi
Re: How Dogged Are Seventh Day Adventist Members?? by chiemmanuel(m): 5:56am On Jan 03, 2022
youngking89:
They eat tofu.
They don't wear earring.

Reason?
Re: How Dogged Are Seventh Day Adventist Members?? by hakeem4(m): 6:29am On Jan 03, 2022
My partner attends this 7th day adventist church and from the few things I have noticed about her is that the doctrines is not as dangerous as some other cults.

I heard they are mostly vegetarians in that church, but my partner eats beef quite often. So it would be wrong to use only her to judge how other members of that religious sect behave.

1 Like

Re: How Dogged Are Seventh Day Adventist Members?? by chiommy123(f): 6:59am On Jan 03, 2022
It's a good church that help their members but they don't use the normal bible and I think I heard about their sanctuary
Re: How Dogged Are Seventh Day Adventist Members?? by TheRealOwner(m): 11:43am On Jan 03, 2022
youngking89:
They eat tofu.
They don't wear earring.

Wow. I just want to learn enough about them and know how much of her behaviour is influenced by her church. Thank you for your response
Re: How Dogged Are Seventh Day Adventist Members?? by TheRealOwner(m): 12:01pm On Jan 03, 2022
hakeem4:
My partner attends this 7th day adventist church and from the few things I have noticed about her is that the doctrines is not as dangerous as some other cults.

I heard they are mostly vegetarians in that church, but my partner eats beef quite often. So it would be wrong to use only her to judge how other members of that religious sect behave.

Oh. I guess I can assume they don't have any issues with dating / marrying outside the church

About the judging part, I agree that we can't use one to judge all, but the behaviour one can give clues on what to expect from all others to some extent

Thanks for the response
Re: How Dogged Are Seventh Day Adventist Members?? by kristonium(m): 1:33pm On Jan 03, 2022
TheRealOwner:

Okay thank you so much. What do they now eat instead

They impoverise using Soyabeans to make something that look like meat
Re: How Dogged Are Seventh Day Adventist Members?? by jazon(m): 7:26pm On Jan 07, 2022
Most Adventists eat meat and fish. They only teach about the benefits of vegetarianism. It's not in their doctrine that you must be a vegetarian. However, they don't serve meat and fish in any of their schools.
Re: How Dogged Are Seventh Day Adventist Members?? by youngking89(m): 3:31am On Jan 12, 2022
It’s their ideology
chiemmanuel:
Reason?
Re: How Dogged Are Seventh Day Adventist Members?? by Nobody: 5:10am On Jan 12, 2022
TheRealOwner:

Hmmm.... Below lessons are from personal experiences.

Really, I do not know many people have also noticed Adventists have good diets. This is an amazing thing I noticed about them.

Ben Carson is an Adventist. Have you read "The Gifted Hands"? You may want to pick it. I used to think they do not get involved in politics, but Ben Carson going into politics made me think otherwise.

Seriously, I was so keen to learn more about Adventiats at a time. And for the fact that Babcock is a reputable university in Nigeria, I wanted to know about them, but not anymore.

One thing I noticed is that they arent noisy like most churches in Nigeria. I always take note of Adventists churches everytime I pass through where they are located, and they are just quiet. This is amazing.

I will not say bad against anyone or any group. Truthful and honest review is what I will tell you.

However, I do not think they are grounded in the word of God.

chiommy123:
It's a good church that help their members but they don't use the normal bible and I think I heard about their sanctuary
Now, the reason I feel they are not grounded is this reason. Their leaders seem to make deep researches. I have listened to some of them and a lady here has recommended links. But what I have noticed is that their members cannot explain these theories and doctrines they have very well. They dont even understand them.

The founder of the church was Ellen White. And she wrote so much to the extent that the whole doctrine is based on her books rather than the bible. If you ask any Adventist, it is Ellen White this...Ellen White that. Yes, there are still some good teachers there, and I have listened to some that didnt even make reference to Ellen White. But still, the members cannot do without referencing to ellen white, and this is bad. It is not a sign of growth and maturity as far as I am concerned. They value Ellen White's books more than the Bible.

One of the books she wrote which till date is more read than the Bible by all Adventists is "The Great Controversy". Go and research it. Ask your gf about it and take note of the zeal she will lay so much emphasis on the book more than the Bible. Try it.

You know when you ask someone questions from the Bible and the person has to refer to articles? It is bad. For the person to explain in his or her own words is a big problem for them. It is like they wired them in certain ways. Pick the Bible and ask them questions, they will refer you to Ellem Whites articles, or to one their teachers wrote.

But it seems they are not forced into anything there, but most likely brainwashed.l. If you ask some of them there, they always have one reason they joined the church, except those born there anyway. I think too much reference to Ellen White is why the poster I quoted above believes they use another Bible. Of course they use Bible, I dont know if they have a different Bible, but the ones I have interacted with used the normal Bible. But at the end, more references to Ellen White which I find so ridiculous. They do not even understand these things but just doctrines to many of them, except few.

They willl never compromise Saturdays. And they believe you will go to hell for going to church on Sundays which is a NO for me. Also, they do not believe in rapture. That one is something I do not mind, but they also promote it like they know the real truth is wrong. If they had stopped at making their view known only, but they are as guilty as the ther christians who are forcing rapture on people.

If you are from a christian home where you embrace other christians from other denominations, you will have a big problem with her cos she will try isolating you. Even, you will have problems with your family. They do not interact with other christians oooo. And this is why people see them as cultists. To me, they are highly dangerous for this reason.

Presently, I do not want to study them again cos I have had a bad and terribly encounter with one of them. When you claim you have the spirit of God and you obviously told lies and not remorseful about the lies, I do not know the kind of Bible such read. The Bible should break a stony heart...but when one is telling lies and still preaching, believe me....there is hardly anything the person touches that I can ever find interesting again. No matter how pure the religion of the person is promoted, and I see that the fellow can tell lies, can stand on the lies for many years....and then, such is bursted openly about the lies, but the person does not have the conscience to put the record straight that they were lies, but decided to be silent about them...then, I can tell you that I do not know what they teach in such church. Maybe I am wrong to bring up this person's as a reason for me to seal up my mind. But one thing is sure, you are dealing with a stony hearted person who will never compromise. Listen, she will never consider your ways oooo. It is her way only. No to all your ways. You do not do it her wao, you are evil to her. So, thank twice.

What baffles me is that these people know that the right way is to marry someone in their churches, but they are sent out to bring in more people to be tied to their doctrines. This is wrong na.

Bro, if you want to know the truth, find older single ladies there. Some of them are beginning to regret attending the church. They are the victims. You know Naija na. How can a lady be dicting to you that you as the man must follow her to her church by fire by force if you must marry her. Lol. That is not Nigerian. So, there are many of them single and skrill there hoping to get married. Yet they feed them continuously stony words to not even see other Christians as their brethrens. And some of them are divorced cos the man couldn't cope later. Many men do not mind even following them to their church, but when they start isolating them from their friends and families, that is where troublea started. The men couldn't cope and divorced them straight up. I always pity the girls, but they are so stubborn ooo. Very stubborn. Dem no send you. Their men have no much trouble cos women follow men to his church naturally in Nigeria. That's that's culture. So, their men dont always have this challenge. But the girls? Hahahha. Many of them have become even useless to themselves. It's not funny at all. Tey to make research further. Do not take my words for it. Please, not that I am talking about Adventisits in Nigeria oooo. I dont know about those in other nations.

If you can deal with that...fine. if you know you are a family person, and you have good siblings and cousins, you better not get involved cos you will hate your life later. She will isolate you from them all.

I may be criticized after this, but if you are attentive, you will see that the Adventist who might criticize me will not deny isolating you cos stylishly, such person will keep telling you they must do the will of God.

Please, leave out food, they eat soy beans, they read another Bible...rapture...and bla bla bla. Your first assignment is to confirm it that she will isolate you, or not. If you are ok with such isolation feel feel to go ahead with her. But if you know you are a Naija family person, and you have responsibilities to your siblings, you should keep off.

You cannot go to your church ooo. You must follow her to that 7th Day Adventist. They see other christians as sinners ooo. This is what I see. No one is pure except them. And the only days you can worship are on Saturdays. See, if your hustle is on Saturdays, they will destroy your hustle cos you will be brainwashed that you are sinning by going to work on Saturdays.

This is my honest review about the church.

Goodluck bro!

1 Like

Re: How Dogged Are Seventh Day Adventist Members?? by TheRealOwner(m): 5:43am On Jan 12, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Hmmm.... Below lessons are from personal
Goodluck bro!

Thank you very much! Wow I didn't know these at all. I've not gotten into discussing religion and church with her yet, so I don't know how fanatical she might be.

Best to know what to expect before getting too deep

(1) (Reply)

The Concept Of God Is False And Imaginary??? - Facts / 2024 Is Troublesome Year With Positive & Negative Mix — Olukoya / Popoff Is The New God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.