Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,464 members, 7,801,170 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? (11206 Views)

PHOTOS: See The Hair Cut This NYSC Member Rocked To His POP / LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara / NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by nuesaweso(f): 6:12pm On Jun 16, 2011
angry
Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by shawonlese: 7:19pm On Jun 16, 2011
According to the NYSC regulations, a corper is not meant to travel out of their location. The Embassy knows this and sticks with the rule. So, you'll just be wasting your time.
Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by nuesaweso(f): 7:25pm On Jun 16, 2011
thanx sis, So na to find alternative occupation be that na?

Which lie person go lie now oooo
Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by anfanio: 8:47pm On Jun 16, 2011
Is there are reason why you can not? Kenya, Sudan or Iceland, vacation where? What country? If it's US, Canada or UK you are almost late to start now.
Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by nuesaweso(f): 1:01am On Jun 17, 2011
angry
Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by anfanio: 2:13am On Jun 17, 2011
You can try and find out what you need for UK visa and apply ASAP.
Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by onyengbu: 11:27am On Jun 18, 2011
No you cant!

Its even an offence to try. Read your NYSC bye laws

Sechedule I section 5 and 8

Also ScheduleII section 5 will tell you about the punishment for doing that!

You should have a copy of the bye law if you appeared early in camp!
Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by babyme1(f): 11:32am On Jun 18, 2011
Where are u running to? Abeg siddon one place serve ur country grin
Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by jamest3(m): 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2011
You are just a Gringori and Cletus combined. Don't tell me you are trying to find more sun/rain to work under as the one in Naija should be just enough.
Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by Liger: 2:15pm On Jun 18, 2011
@ Onye ngbu, as you may know there is an exception to every rule. If I can remember the provisions of the Act correctly then one can travel with written permission from NYSC, one will only be punished if he fails to secure that permission.

1 Like

Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by Skii(m): 2:41pm On Jun 18, 2011
My thoughts:

it is a lose lose situation

if you apply to NYSC, they will say NO, if you tell them you are serving at the embassy, they will say NO

if you risk it and you get caught by NYSC, you will pay dearly for it, and if you get caught by the embassy, you will also pay dearly for it

choice is yours,
Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by YoursGEJ(m): 3:51pm On Jun 18, 2011
The way some people think baffles me. You've been told that they don't give visas to corpers and that your pretty late if you're thinking of obtaining a UK visa. You still want to lie that school just vacated recently. Are you no longer a corper? That's how people go to visa interviews and stammer their way to denials because of simple logic.

1 Like

Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by MMM2(m): 4:34pm On Jun 18, 2011
op

re u an international student?
Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by md4real(m): 8:02pm On Jun 18, 2011
Guy wka ur tin, three of my friends in batch travelled for six weeks and nothing happened. They did not even do clearance and ithier allaweee was paid. So wht the heck?
Mind u, learn to grease ur ppa people so that the will cover ur absence just incase,
Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by shady26(m): 8:35pm On Jun 18, 2011
Ne nee ne ''i wannto travel for summer holiday'' c ur mouth otondo corper.y not tell thm u wanto travel for harmattan holiday or dry season holiday!nonsense my friend sit down there and serve ur fatherland joor b4 u do frog jump for dat yeye post otondo! angry
nues aweso:

I am a serving corper and teaching in Akure. I wan travel for summer because school dey vacate in 4 weeks. My friends have told me not to declare to embassy that i'm serving because embassies no dey visas to serving corpers.

Does anyone know anything about this before dem chop my money for embassy oo?

Is it true tha embassies dont give visas if they know i'm serving? Pleeasseee heeellpp!!

NYSC no go know say i dey waka o, by the way.

1 Like

Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by oseo1(m): 3:00am On Jun 19, 2011
Embassies grant visas to corpers, i know this because i recieved my british visa on the 18th of may. you just have to be honest with them and show proof that you are employed and you will be coming back to work when you return, and also apply to nysc for leave and give your reasons they will grant it as well because its a valid excuse (the school is going on holiday so you wont have work there). so dont be discouraged by all the negative people on here.

1 Like

Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by yusufu16: 10:21am On Jun 19, 2011
Im talking out of experience, i onli attended camp once and dat was during the registration since then i hav not engaged myself into any NYSC rubbish. On d final day i met one of the official and jus wetted her throat with som recharge cards, gifts, etc. and then collected my certificate. jus kno that since the day you receive you callup letter, your certificate is ready huuu. i jus pass out 16th june batch B. SO JUS PLANN UR GAME WELL

1 Like

Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by alexola20(m): 11:44am On Jun 19, 2011
Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by otiokpo(m): 4:18pm On Jun 20, 2011
but a serving corp member is currently active in big brother amplified. how do we see dat
Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by jofreddy7: 7:41pm On Jul 04, 2012
@ose_o..I am a batch C corper serving with the ministry of health. I've read d comments concerning nysc nt allowing corpers n I also read d bylaws n evrytin. I got a letter from ministry of health allowing me to travel bt d nysc pple has refused to give me a letter. pls can you tell me what document you presented @d uk embassy.
Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by fxseven(m): 5:17pm On Jul 05, 2012
The truth is, u r officially allowed 2 travel outside ua state with state coordinators approval. But travelling outside d shores you need Nysc DG's approval. The good thing is, DG approves such application.
Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by annisaac: 5:15pm On Feb 01, 2015
pls does Embassies accept corper? . tnx in advance for ur replies kisspls does Embassies accept corper? . tnx in advance for ur replies
Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by kuchikau1: 1:15pm On Jan 22, 2017
fxseven:
The truth is, u r officially allowed 2 travel outside ua state with state coordinators approval. But travelling outside d shores you need Nysc DG's approval. The good thing is, DG approves such application.
pls, i am billed to leave nigeria by august for my msc via scholarship. Am a corper. Wat can i do pls advice me.,pls
Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by kingDELE(m): 7:26am On Jul 05, 2022
kuchikau1:
pls, i am billed to leave nigeria by august for my msc via scholarship. Am a corper. Wat can i do pls advice me.,pls
Boss how far, pls how did you go about with this?
Re: Urgent: Can A Serving Nysc Member Travel For Summer? by JustSkb: 6:59am On Dec 02, 2022
NYSC: 2022 BATCH C I & C II

For:
- Direct posting
- Relocation
- PPA
Payment on approval.

Call/Whatsapp:

Group link: https:///LY87EV9BaSo6Snh96HN2F5

(1) (Reply)

Can I Do My Post-graduate Degree During Service Year? / Commonly Used Terms In NYSC / Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.