Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,986 members, 7,806,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Another Warped Ideological Outburst From Daddy Freeze - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another Warped Ideological Outburst From Daddy Freeze (247 Views)

Peter Obi: Mbaka Reacts To Outburst, Says He's Scripturally Right & Not Scared / Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Warped Ideological Outburst From Daddy Freeze by okosunehis: 2:02am On Jan 04, 2022
A headline craving, sensationalism hugging media personality like Daddy Freeze constantly reminds me of one fact that eludes most people, which is that brilliance is not intelligence. Being able to churn out “facts and figures” or rehash some smart idea that someone else exuded does not make you smart.

No intelligent person would ever make a claim that "religion has killed more people in the last 500 years; than atomic bomb, shark attacks, snake bites, plane crashes, wild animals and COVID-19 combined!" The first inanity that jumps out of this claim is the obfuscation of a destructive tool with a destructive agent. Ever heard the phrase, “Guns don’t kill people; people kill people”? Freeze, FYI, religion has never killed anybody! That people use religion as a tool to actively kill others, or deceive the gullible into destructive habits does not make religion the killer. If you doubt me, go the courts and tell me where any judge has ever jailed any knife or gun for the murder of anybody! So please, lay your accusation on the right doorstep, those responsible for misusing religion, or those responsible for allowing themselves to be misused with religion; and not religion itself.

Another issue I have with his claim is that, in his guilty cart of murderers, he conveniently packed a list that would make religion stick out as the sore thumb. Religion has been around for almost the whole of human history, yet you place it side by side things like atomic bomb, plane crashes and a coronavirus pandemic, none predating the 20th century? In simplistic terms, that’s comparing apples and oranges; another warped metric.

Next, religion is a very broad word that covers a whole lot of beliefs and practices. Since you decided to compare it with a pandemic, why not compare the number of those that have died from religion with all disease outbreaks that have ever plagued humanity, why pick only Covid-19? Or why not compare with those that have been killed in all wars in human history across the world and not just the atomic bomb? This shows you are either not smart, or just being devious. I pray the former.

Talking about history, the 20th century has been dubbed by some as the century of genocides. This is because some maniac and psychopathic individuals actually set out to eliminate millions and hundreds of thousands of civil populations. Arguably, the holocaust, orchestrated by the German Nazis against the Jews stands out as the most infamous. So when you need to express your altruistic angst against mass murderers, do well to focus on perpetrators of such violence and demonize them; not religion.

On a final note, some people think that the world has seen end of such genocides, methinks not. It would be naïve for anyone to assume that such mass murderers don’t exist anymore and that humanity has evolved beyond such. When they rear their devilish and sadistic head again, religion, when properly applied would be our last wall of defense. So do well to not focus your brilliance and energy on tearing the wall down completely.
Re: Another Warped Ideological Outburst From Daddy Freeze by Blakjewelry(m): 2:31am On Jan 04, 2022
okosunehis:
A headline craving, sensationalism hugging media personality like Daddy Freeze constantly reminds me of one fact that eludes most people, which is that brilliance is not intelligence. Being able to churn out “facts and figures” or rehash some smart idea that someone else exuded does not make you smart.

No intelligent person would ever make a claim that "religion has killed more people in the last 500 years; than atomic bomb, shark attacks, snake bites, plane crashes, wild animals and COVID-19 combined!" The first inanity that jumps out of this claim is the obfuscation of a destructive tool with a destructive agent. Ever heard the phrase, “Guns don’t kill people; people kill people”? Freeze, FYI, religion has never killed anybody! That people use religion as a tool to actively kill others, or deceive the gullible into destructive habits does not make religion the killer. If you doubt me, go the courts and tell me where any judge has ever jailed any knife or gun for the murder of anybody! So please, lay your accusation on the right doorstep, those responsible for misusing religion, or those responsible for allowing themselves to be misused with religion; and not religion itself.

Another issue I have with his claim is that, in his guilty cart of murderers, he conveniently packed a list that would make religion stick out as the sore thumb. Religion has been around for almost the whole of human history, yet you place it side by side things like atomic bomb, plane crashes and a coronavirus pandemic, none predating the 20th century? In simplistic terms, that’s comparing apples and oranges; another warped metric.

Next, religion is a very broad word that covers a whole lot of beliefs and practices. Since you decided to compare it with a pandemic, why not compare the number of those that have died from religion with all disease outbreaks that have ever plagued humanity, why pick only Covid-19? Or why not compare with those that have been killed in all wars in human history across the world and not just the atomic bomb? This shows you are either not smart, or just being devious. I pray the former.

Talking about history, the 20th century has been dubbed by some as the century of genocides. This is because some maniac and psychopathic individuals actually set out to eliminate millions and hundreds of thousands of civil populations. Arguably, the holocaust, orchestrated by the German Nazis against the Jews stands out as the most infamous. So when you need to express your altruistic angst against mass murderers, do well to focus on perpetrators of such violence and demonize them; not religion.

On a final note, some people think that the world has seen end of such genocides, methinks not. It would be naïve for anyone to assume that such mass murderers don’t exist anymore and that humanity has evolved beyond such. When they rear their devilish and sadistic head again, religion, when properly applied would be our last wall of defense. So do well to not focus your brilliance and energy on tearing the wall down completely.
Have you read your history books?

1 Like

Re: Another Warped Ideological Outburst From Daddy Freeze by okosunehis: 9:53am On Jan 04, 2022
Blakjewelry:

Have you read your history books?

From someone who cannot read 500 words?
Re: Another Warped Ideological Outburst From Daddy Freeze by Blakjewelry(m): 11:17am On Jan 04, 2022
okosunehis:

From someone who cannot read 500 words?
Yes you are right I didn't through because you are coming from a place of religious sentiment. He speaks the fact, history is there to back his claim. The only place he got it wrong is, he should have dated it back to a few thousand instead of 500.
Re: Another Warped Ideological Outburst From Daddy Freeze by okosunehis: 1:00pm On Jan 04, 2022
Blakjewelry:

Yes you are right I didn't through because you are coming from a place of religious sentiment. He speaks the fact, history is there to back his claim. The only place he got it wrong is, he should have dated it back to a few thousand instead of 500.

Just so you'd know, I never argued Freeze's "facts", my point is about context; comparing apples to oranges. A good comparison would be how many deaths can be attributed to religion, wars, pandemics, genocides, over the last 500 years; not comparing deaths caused by religion and those caused by dog bites or tree climbing accidents!

(1) (Reply)

He Almost Cut Off My Head Into Pit Dug In His Room  - Boy To Be Used For Ritual / Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor, Teacher. We All Have Gifts. / The Time Of Manifestation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.