Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,305 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH (3475 Views)

Ipob’s Ban Of Fulani Cows: Boycott Igbo Goods, CNG Tells Northerners / Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram / Twitter Ban: FG Summons US, UK Envoys, Others Over Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Afonjakid: 3:21pm On Jan 04, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
[s] There is no refugee crisis issue in ibarapa dumbo

Residents of Mmiata community in Anambra West Local Government Area of Anambra State have deserted their homes following attack allegedly by herdsmen on Wednesday evening. It happened on 11 of November 2021. The joke Is on you Okoro[/s]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/anambra-community-residents-flee-homes-over-herdsmen-attack/%3famp
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/herdsmen-chase-nigerians-into-benin-republic/amp/

Go and bring your sisters and brothers who are currently refugees back to their ancestral land in yewa and ibarapa..They have suffered enough. they are still scared of going back home due to the Fulanis..

Go to yewa and ibarapa now and scream Fulani and see the few ones there running into Benin republic to take refuge grin[right][/right] cheesy

1 Like

Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by IGBOSON1: 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
No where in the world will a certain part of a country wake up and just decide to leave the Union. Even the USA fought a civil war because of this.

Is one of the reason Ojuku and Aguyi Ironsi unleashed war on Adaka Boro and his men.

Nobody can be screaming for referendum on top Nairaland, Facebook and Twitter and expect the Central Government to take them seriously.

The Scottish were not asking for independence on top social media.

Una go vote for APGA, PDP and APC, parties that do not believe in the division on Nigeria, but come online to wail about people holding you

I no get strength to read your long wailing.

Dude, don't refer to the happenings in the United States as justification for the evil going on in Nigeria today! For starters, what occured in the US happened pre the modern era, before the civilised world had accepted the fundamental principles on which just societies are built...before respect for fundamental human rights were an accepted grundnorm in the relationship between state and citizen! The American civil war was fought principally over the issue of slavery and the south was the part that wanted to secede in order to protect their right to continue the wicked practise!

How did Ojukwu unleash war on Adaka Boro and his men? Care to tell us exactly what Adaka Boros' intentions were.....the limit to the territory he wanted carved out of Nigeria....the ethnicities that made up this territory....the capital of the new country he hoped to form.....the time and place he sought and got permission to secede from the peoples/ethnicities that made up the territory he intended to carve out of Nigeria? Answers to these questions would help us situate the level of seriousness of said bid for secession and the level of acceptability it had in the territory Boro hoped to carve out of Nigeria! Now if you said Ironsis' gov't quashed the Boro bid for secession, i wouldn't argue with that!

If the bid for Biafran secession was limited only to the social-media, care to tell us why you have murdered thousands of Igbo youth in cold-blood....have wrongly labelled IPOB a 'terrorist' organisation.....and have militarily occupied the south-east?

The British gov't realised the Scottish bid for independence was a issue that resonated with a lot of Scots, so called for a referendum on the issue! Just like the IPOB/MASSOB bid for secession (that's been going on for decades and led to the murder of countless number of Igbos), the Scottish bid for independence was known and acknowledged by everyone without their head in the sand! Had Scotland been trying this in Nigeria, not only would the useless and evil Nigerian gov't pretend not to know what they were agitating about, but said Nigerian gov't would also tag the Scottish independence organisations as 'terrorists' and send the Fulani army of Nigeria charging into Scotland to look for innocent youths to mow down in cold-blood!

The American Civil War (April 12, 1861 – May 9, 1865) (also known by other names) was a civil war in the United States fought between the Union (states that remained loyal to the federal union, or "the North"wink and the Confederacy (states that voted to secede, or "the South"wink.[e] The central cause of the war was the status of slavery, especially the expansion of slavery into territories acquired as a result of the Louisiana Purchase and the Mexican–American War.[14] On the eve of the Civil War in 1860, four million of the 32 million Americans (~13%) were enslaved black people, almost all in the South.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War
Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2022
Afonjakid:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/herdsmen-chase-nigerians-into-benin-republic/amp/

Go and bring your sisters and brothers who are currently refugees back to their ancestral land in yewa and ibarapa..They have suffered enough. they are still scared of going back home due to the Fulanis..

Go to yewa and ibarapa now and scream Fulani and see the few ones there running into Benin republic to take refuge grin[right][/right] cheesy
That's an old news, and is in Yewa not Ibarapa.

The crisis in Yewa have been settled.

The news I showed you, it happened not too long

Nah November 11 2021 news I showed you.

Ibo miscreants were chased out of their backward villages

3 Likes

Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 04, 2022
IGBOSON1:

Dude, don't refer to the happenings in the United States as justification for the evil going on in Nigeria today! For starters, what occured in the US happened pre the modern era, before the civilised world had accepted the fundamental principles on which just societies are built...before respect for fundamental human rights were an accepted grundnorm in the relationship between state and citizen! The American civil war was fought principally over the issue of slavery and the south was the part that wanted to secede in order to protect their right to continue the wicked practise!

How did Ojukwu unleash war on Adaka Boro and his men? Care to tell us exactly what Adaka Boros' intentions were.....the limit to the territory he wanted carved out of Nigeria....the ethnicities that made up this territory....the capital of the new country he hoped to form.....the time and place he sought and got permission to secede from the peoples/ethnicities that made up the territory he intended to carve out of Nigeria? Answers to these questions would help us situate the level of seriousness of said bid for secession and the level of acceptability it had in the territory Boro hoped to carve out of Nigeria! Now if you said Ironsis' gov't quashed the Boro bid for secession, i wouldn't argue with that!

If the bid for Biafran secession was limited only to the social-media, care to tell us why you have murdered thousands of Igbo youth in cold-blood....have wrongly labelled IPOB a 'terrorist' organisation.....and have militarily occupied the south-east?

The British gov't realised the Scottish bid for independence was a issue that resonated with a lot of Scots, so called for a referendum on the issue! Just like the IPOB/MASSOB bid for secession (that's been going on for decades and led to the murder of countless number of Igbos), the Scottish bid for independence was known and acknowledged by everyone without their head in the sand! Had Scotland been trying this in Nigeria, not only would the useless and evil Nigerian gov't pretend not to know what they were agitating about, but said Nigerian gov't would also tag the Scottish independence organisations as 'terrorists' and send the Fulani army of Nigeria charging into Scotland to look for innocent youths to mow down in cold-blood!

The American Civil War (April 12, 1861 – May 9, 1865) (also known by other names) was a civil war in the United States fought between the Union (states that remained loyal to the federal union, or "the North"wink and the Confederacy (states that voted to secede, or "the South"wink.[e] The central cause of the war was the status of slavery, especially the expansion of slavery into territories acquired as a result of the Louisiana Purchase and the Mexican–American War.[14] On the eve of the Civil War in 1860, four million of the 32 million Americans (~13%) were enslaved black people, almost all in the South.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War
If the Scottish were only voting for Political Parties that believe in the United Kingdom, British Government won't take them serious.

Buhari can't just wake up and say there will be referendum in Ibo land, he does not have such a power to do so, you should be smart enough to know this.

Concerning Adaka Boro, he didn't secede with igbo lands, he seceded with the Niger Delta which he is from alone.

Ojuku and Ironsi shouldn't have declared war on Boro. Where there capital will be or how it will be run is none of an IBO man concern.

I no get time for all this unnecessary talk about slavery.

Some part of the United States seceded without carrying the rest along, the Federal Government declared war on them and crushed them the way the FG crushed Biafla.

If any of the state in the USA decide to secede without carrying the other parts along again, there will be a war.

Ibos are not ready for Biafla

People like you are just bitter because GEJ and PDP lost to GMB and the APC

By 2023, you will be on the street Atikulating grin grin

4 Likes

Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Beejayy20(m): 3:53pm On Jan 04, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
That's an old news, and is in Yewa not Ibarapa.

Ibo miscreants were chased out of their backward villages
yesss nah true ooo

2 Likes

Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Afonjakid: 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
[s]That's an old news, and is in Yewa not Ibarapa.

Ibo miscreants were chased out of their backward villages[/s]
Thrash!!
http://saharareporters.com/2021/03/02/herdsmen-attacks-ogun-community-counters-abiodun-says-residents-fled-benin-republic

They are still refugees in Benin republic
.. with what Fulanis did to them, I'm not sure they will ever want to return back again.

Fulanis are currently occupying their lands as we speak now..
Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 04, 2022
Afonjakid:

Thrash!!
http://saharareporters.com/2021/03/02/herdsmen-attacks-ogun-community-counters-abiodun-says-residents-fled-benin-republic

.. with what Fulanis did to them, I'm not sure they will ever want to return back again.

The news article you are showing me was written on March 02 2021, go and make research about Yewa now boy, is extremely peaceful and people are back in their homes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/anambra-community-residents-flee-homes-over-herdsmen-attack/%3famp

The people of of Mmiata community in Anambra West Local Government Area of Anambra State are still living as refugees in different communities in Anambra West Local Government Area of Anambra State.

3 Likes

Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Beejayy20(m): 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2022
Afonjakid:

Thrash!!

Benin rep refugee is a ipob propaganda without evidence
ibo and lie are 5&6.
these are your Chase out of their village

3 Likes

Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by christistruth01: 4:08pm On Jan 04, 2022
In 1953 when the North Started thinking of Secession Azikiwe and the East threatened to use the East to blockade the Norths route to the Sea including through the River Niger if the North ever tried to Secede

So what is all the noise IPOB are making after Azikiwe and their fathers finished deliberately sealing the Nigerian Deal irreversibly ?

(1953) NNAMDI AZIKIWE, “SPEECH ON SECESSION”

In 1953 when Northern Nigerians were beginning to consider secession from the Nigerian colony that would soon be a nation, Nnamdi Azikiwe gave a speech before the caucus of his political party, the National Council of Nigeria and the Cameroons (NCNC) in Yaba, Nigeria on May 12, 1953.  That speech, while not disallowing secession, suggested that there would be grave consequences if the Northern region became an independent nation.  Ironically, fourteen years later, Azikiwe led his Eastern Region out of Nigeria and created Biafra, a move that prompted a bloody three year civil war.  Azikiwe's 1953 speech appears below.

I have invited you to attend this caucus because I would like you to make clear our stand on the issue of secession. As a party, we would have preferred Nigeria to remain intact, but lest there be doubt as to our willingness to concede to any shade of political opinion the right to determine its policy, I am obliged to issue a solemn warning to those who are goading the North towards secession. If you agree with my views, then I hope that in course of our deliberations tonight, you will endorse them, to enable me to publicize them in the Press.

In my opinion, the Northerners are perfectly entitled to consider whether or not they should secede from the indissoluble union which nature has formed between it and the South, but it would be calamitous to the corporate existence of the North should the clamour for secession prevail. I, therefore, counsel Northern leaders to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of secession before embarking upon this dangerous course.

As one who was born in the North, I have a deep spiritual attachment to that part of the country, but it would be a capital political blunder if the North should break away from the South. The latter is in a better position to make rapid constitutional advance, so that if the North should become truncated from the South, it would benefit both Southerners and Northerners who are domiciled in the South more than their kith and kin who are domiciled in the North.

There are seven reasons for my holding to this view. Secession by the North may lead to internal political convulsion there when it is realized that militant nationalists and their organizations, like the NLPU, the Askianist Movement, and the Middle Zone League, have aspirations for self-government in 1956 identical with those of their Southern compatriots. It may lead to justifiable demands for the right of self-determination by non-Muslims, who form the majority of the population in the so-called ‘Pagan’ provinces, like Benue, Ilorin, Kabba, Niger and Plateau, not to mention the claims of non-Muslims who are domiciled in Adamawa and Bauchi Provinces.

It may lead to economic nationalism in the Eastern Region, which can pursue a policy of blockade of the North, by refusing it access to the sea, over and under the River Niger, except upon payment of tolls. It may lead to economic warfare between the North on the one hand, and the Eastern or Western regions on the other, should they decide to fix protective tariffs which will make the use of the ports of the Last and West uneconomic for the North.

The North may be rich in mineral resources and certain cash crops, but that is no guarantee that it would be capable of growing sufficient food crops to enable it to feed its teeming millions, unlike the East and the West. Secession may create hardship for Easterners and Westerners who are domiciled in the North, since the price of food crops to be imported into the North from the South is bound to be very high and to cause an increase in the cost of living. Lastly, it will endanger the relations with their neighbours of millions of Northerners who are domiciled in the East and West and Easterners and Westerners who reside in the North.

You may ask me whether there would be a prospect of civil war, if the North decided to secede? My answer would be that it is a hypothetical question which only time can answer. In any case, the plausible cause of a civil war might be a dispute as to the right of passage on the River Niger, or the right of flight over the territory of the Eastern or Western Region; but such disputes can be settled diplomatically, instead of by force.

Nevertheless, if civil war should become inevitable at this stage of our progress as a nation, then security considerations must be borne in mind by those who are charged with the responsibility of government of the North and the South. Military forces and installations are fairly distributed in all the three regions; if that is not the case, any of the regions can obtain military aid from certain interested Powers. It means that we cannot preclude the possibility of alliance with certain countries.

You may ask me to agree that if the British left Nigeria to its fate, the Northerners would continue their uninterrupted march to the sea, as was prophesied six years ago? My reply is that such an empty threat is devoid of historical substance and that so far as I know, the Eastern Region has never been subjugated by any indigenous African invader. At the price of being accused of overconfidence, I will risk a prophecy and say that, other things being equal, the Easterners will defend themselves gallantly, if and when they are invaded.

Let me take this opportunity to warn those who are making a mountain out of the molehill of the constitutional crisis to be more restrained and constructive. The dissemination of lies abroad; the publishing of flamboyant headlines about secessionist plans, and the goading of empty-headed careerists with gaseous ideas about their own importance in tile scheme of things in the North is being overdone in certain quarters. I feel that these quarters must be held responsible for any breach between the North and South, which nature had indissolubly united in a political, social and economic marriage of convenience. In my personal opinion, there is no sense in the North breaking away or the East or the West breaking away; it would be better if all the regions would address themselves to the task of crystallizing common nationality, irrespective of the extraneous influences at work. What history has joined together let no man put asunder. But history is a strange mistress which can cause strange things to happen!

Sources:

Nnamdi Azikiwe, Zik: A Selection from the Speeches of Nnamdi Azikiwe, Governor-General of the Federation of Nigeria formerly President of the Nigerian Senate formerly Premier of the Eastern Region of Nigeria (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1961).
Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Afonjakid: 4:09pm On Jan 04, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
[s]The news article you are showing me was written on March 02 2021, go and make research about Yewa now boy, is extremely peaceful and people are back in their homes.

The people of of Mmiata community in Anambra West Local Government Area of Anambra State are still living as refugees in different communities in Anambra West Local Government Area of Anambra State. [/s]
That it happened last year, doesn't mean that they are not currently taking refuge in Benin.

That the place is currently peaceful now is cause Fulanis have taken over the land and currently residing there. Infact,there is currently an emir there just like we have in illorin..

Afonjas dare not go back there again now unless they want another round of genocide on them from the Fulanis ... They have decided to stay back in Benin republic and enjoy their new homes there to avoid the wrath of Fulanis grin
Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Afonjakid: 4:11pm On Jan 04, 2022
Beejayy20:
[s]
Benin rep refugee is a ipob propaganda without evidence
ibo and lie are 5&6.
these are your Chase out of their village[/s]

Thrash from an afonja skull miner!! cheesy
Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 04, 2022
Afonjakid:

That it happened last year, doesn't mean that they are not currently taking refuge in Benin.

That the place is currently peaceful now is cause Fulanis have taken over the land and currently residing there. Infact,there is currently an emir there just like we have in illorin..

Afonjas dare not go back there again now unless they want another round of genocide on them from the Fulanis ... They have decided to stay back in Benin republic and enjoy their new homes there to avoid the wrath of Fulanis grin
Where is your evidence they are still in Benin Republic? Ibos in Anambra are been kick out of thier villages, but you're here wailing about Yorubas in far away Ogun state

What a jokegrin

3 Likes

Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Afonjakid: 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
[s]Where is your evidence they are still in Benin Republic? Ibos in Anambra are been kick out of thier villages, but you're here wailing about Yorubas in far away Ogun state

What a jokegrin[/s]
Gibberish from a skull miner!! Go and bring your brothers and sisters back from Benin republic and quit trolling on the internet cheesy
Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 04, 2022
Afonjakid:

Gibberish from a skull miner!! Go and bring your brothers and sisters back from Benin republic and quit trolling on the internet cheesy
The people of Yewa are living peacefully in their communities

Ibos are been chased away from their villages in Anambra, be worried about this people and forget Yewa people Okoro.

3 Likes

Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Beejayy20(m): 4:18pm On Jan 04, 2022
Afonjakid:

lmao you just expose your lie here,installed emir where?
oga ask what happened to seriki by Sunday igoho.
you should be more concern by your poverty stricken people being displace by fulani

2 Likes

Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 04, 2022
Beejayy20:

lmao you just expose your lie here,installed emir where?
oga ask what happened to seriki by Sunday igoho.
you should be more concern by your poverty stricken people being displace by fulani
The guy is just so unreasonable senseless.

Anambra is been attack by fulanis, they are kicking people out of their villages but the mumu is here crying about peaceful Yewa.

2 Likes

Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Beejayy20(m): 4:21pm On Jan 04, 2022
Afonjakid:

Hungry human eater,be worry about your dying people

3 Likes

Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Beejayy20(m): 4:26pm On Jan 04, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
The guy is just so unreasonable senseless.

Anambra is been attack by fulanis, they are kicking people out of their villages but the mumu is here crying about peaceful Yewa.
that is their way of life,they leave on propaganda by illiterate ipob and radio biafra.
they are the most dumbest tribe I ever know

2 Likes

Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Afonjakid: 4:27pm On Jan 04, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
[s]The people of Yewa are living peacefully in their communities

Ibos are been chased away from their villages in Anambra, be worried about this people and forget Yewa people Okoro.[/s]
Yea of cause, they are living peacefully in thwir new found home in Benin republic.. they have no choice unless they want to experience second round of genocide and prick collecting from the Fulanis..
Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by christistruth01: 4:29pm On Jan 04, 2022
grin

In 1953 when the North Started thinking of Secession Azikiwe and the East threatened to use the East to blockade the Norths route to the Sea including through the River Niger if the North ever tried to Secede

So what is all the noise IPOB are making after Azikiwe and their fathers finished deliberately sealing the Nigerian Deal irreversibly ?

(1953) NNAMDI AZIKIWE, “SPEECH ON SECESSION”

In 1953 when Northern Nigerians were beginning to consider secession from the Nigerian colony that would soon be a nation, Nnamdi Azikiwe gave a speech before the caucus of his political party, the National Council of Nigeria and the Cameroons (NCNC) in Yaba, Nigeria on May 12, 1953.  That speech, while not disallowing secession, suggested that there would be grave consequences if the Northern region became an independent nation.  Ironically, fourteen years later, Azikiwe led his Eastern Region out of Nigeria and created Biafra, a move that prompted a bloody three year civil war.  Azikiwe's 1953 speech appears below.

I have invited you to attend this caucus because I would like you to make clear our stand on the issue of secession. As a party, we would have preferred Nigeria to remain intact, but lest there be doubt as to our willingness to concede to any shade of political opinion the right to determine its policy, I am obliged to issue a solemn warning to those who are goading the North towards secession. If you agree with my views, then I hope that in course of our deliberations tonight, you will endorse them, to enable me to publicize them in the Press.

In my opinion, the Northerners are perfectly entitled to consider whether or not they should secede from the indissoluble union which nature has formed between it and the South, but it would be calamitous to the corporate existence of the North should the clamour for secession prevail. I, therefore, counsel Northern leaders to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of secession before embarking upon this dangerous course.

As one who was born in the North, I have a deep spiritual attachment to that part of the country, but it would be a capital political blunder if the North should break away from the South. The latter is in a better position to make rapid constitutional advance, so that if the North should become truncated from the South, it would benefit both Southerners and Northerners who are domiciled in the South more than their kith and kin who are domiciled in the North.

There are seven reasons for my holding to this view. Secession by the North may lead to internal political convulsion there when it is realized that militant nationalists and their organizations, like the NLPU, the Askianist Movement, and the Middle Zone League, have aspirations for self-government in 1956 identical with those of their Southern compatriots. It may lead to justifiable demands for the right of self-determination by non-Muslims, who form the majority of the population in the so-called ‘Pagan’ provinces, like Benue, Ilorin, Kabba, Niger and Plateau, not to mention the claims of non-Muslims who are domiciled in Adamawa and Bauchi Provinces.

It may lead to economic nationalism in the Eastern Region, which can pursue a policy of blockade of the North, by refusing it access to the sea, over and under the River Niger, except upon payment of tolls. It may lead to economic warfare between the North on the one hand, and the Eastern or Western regions on the other, should they decide to fix protective tariffs which will make the use of the ports of the Last and West uneconomic for the North.

The North may be rich in mineral resources and certain cash crops, but that is no guarantee that it would be capable of growing sufficient food crops to enable it to feed its teeming millions, unlike the East and the West. Secession may create hardship for Easterners and Westerners who are domiciled in the North, since the price of food crops to be imported into the North from the South is bound to be very high and to cause an increase in the cost of living. Lastly, it will endanger the relations with their neighbours of millions of Northerners who are domiciled in the East and West and Easterners and Westerners who reside in the North.

You may ask me whether there would be a prospect of civil war, if the North decided to secede? My answer would be that it is a hypothetical question which only time can answer. In any case, the plausible cause of a civil war might be a dispute as to the right of passage on the River Niger, or the right of flight over the territory of the Eastern or Western Region; but such disputes can be settled diplomatically, instead of by force.

Nevertheless, if civil war should become inevitable at this stage of our progress as a nation, then security considerations must be borne in mind by those who are charged with the responsibility of government of the North and the South. Military forces and installations are fairly distributed in all the three regions; if that is not the case, any of the regions can obtain military aid from certain interested Powers. It means that we cannot preclude the possibility of alliance with certain countries.

You may ask me to agree that if the British left Nigeria to its fate, the Northerners would continue their uninterrupted march to the sea, as was prophesied six years ago? My reply is that such an empty threat is devoid of historical substance and that so far as I know, the Eastern Region has never been subjugated by any indigenous African invader. At the price of being accused of overconfidence, I will risk a prophecy and say that, other things being equal, the Easterners will defend themselves gallantly, if and when they are invaded.

Let me take this opportunity to warn those who are making a mountain out of the molehill of the constitutional crisis to be more restrained and constructive. The dissemination of lies abroad; the publishing of flamboyant headlines about secessionist plans, and the goading of empty-headed careerists with gaseous ideas about their own importance in tile scheme of things in the North is being overdone in certain quarters. I feel that these quarters must be held responsible for any breach between the North and South, which nature had indissolubly united in a political, social and economic marriage of convenience. In my personal opinion, there is no sense in the North breaking away or the East or the West breaking away; it would be better if all the regions would address themselves to the task of crystallizing common nationality, irrespective of the extraneous influences at work. What history has joined together let no man put asunder. But history is a strange mistress which can cause strange things to happen!

Sources:

Nnamdi Azikiwe, Zik: A Selection from the Speeches of Nnamdi Azikiwe, Governor-General of the Federation of Nigeria formerly President of the Nigerian Senate formerly Premier of the Eastern Region of Nigeria (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1961).

1 Like

Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 04, 2022
Afonjakid:

Yea of cause, they are living peacefully in thwir new found home in Benin republic.. they have no choice unless they want to experience second round of genocide and prick collecting from the Fulanis..
Gibberish!!

Stop crying about Yewa, you should be more worried about Ibos been killed and chased from their villages by fulanis in Anambra State.

2 Likes

Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Afonjakid: 4:33pm On Jan 04, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
[s]Gibberish!!

Stop crying about Yewa, you should be more worried about Ibos been killed and chased from their villages by fulanis in Anambra State[/s].

I'm more concerned about my fellow Nigerians who have been chased out of their lands by invaders after many of them were killed and their women raped mercilessly .. They now currently refugees in another Man's country grin
Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 04, 2022
Afonjakid:

I'm more concerned about my fellow Nigerians who have been chased out of their lands by invaders after many of them were killed and their women raped mercilessly .. They now currently refugees in another Man's country grin
Gibberish

Yewa land is peaceful

Is rhe people of of Mmiata community in Anambra that presently needs your concern

Go show dem love

Yewa land is peaceful and does not need an Okoro that can't help his people grin

3 Likes

Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Beejayy20(m): 4:39pm On Jan 04, 2022
Afonjakid:

you mean these people?

1 Like

Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Afonjakid: 4:41pm On Jan 04, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
] Gibberish

Yewa land is peaceful

Is rhe people of of Mmiata community in Anambra that presently needs your concern

Go show dem love

Yewa land is peaceful and does not need an Okoro that can't help his people grin[/s]
Peaceful for the fulani invaders currently occupying the place and not for afonjas have abandoned their ancestral land for Benin republic grin grin
Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 04, 2022
Afonjakid:

Peaceful for the fulani invaders currently occupying the place and not for afonjas have abandoned their ancestral land for Benin republic grin grin

Are you tired of canceling Okoro?

You should be more concern about the people of Mmiata community in Anambra state, Fulanis chased them away from their village on November 11 2021, till today, nah Fulani still dey occupy the lands. Efulefus totally abandon there community m

3 Likes

Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Reality3080: 4:47pm On Jan 04, 2022
IGBOSON1:

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Your diseased kindred spirit just said nobody is stopping igbos from leaving, and here you are saying the exact opposite...that 'we ain't going nowhere'! shocked

Everyone, listen to this vile cretins reaoning: Nzeogwu and co carried out a coup. The band of coupists comprised of soldiers from the Eastern Region, Mid-West Region and Western Region. At no point did the electorate of the regions involved vote to send these idealist soldiers on their ill-adviced mission. Now the coup happened, and this bigoted schmuck i'm quoting is laying the blame for how things eventually panned out on the entire Igbo race.....asking us to explain why some were killed and some weren't! This bastard is arguing that NOBODY (he purports to speak for the rest of Nigeria) will trust Igbos with power in Nigeria because of the actions of these coupists in 1966! I hope ya'll can see the type of reaoning that has led to Nigeria being where it is today!?

Dude, what's your ethnicity? I dare you to mention your ethnicity on this thread!
i can see pain all over your write up.

I am Yoruba

Just know igbos ain't getting biafra or presidency anytime soon

2 Likes

Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Beejayy20(m): 4:51pm On Jan 04, 2022
Afonjakid:

Mr nyamiri the cannibal, leave yewa people alone,everywhere is peaceful is west.
be more worry about your hungry people displaced by Fulani in anambra

2 Likes

Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Afonjakid: 5:01pm On Jan 04, 2022
Beejayy20:
[s]
Mr nyamiri the cannibal, leave yewa people alone,everywhere is peaceful is west.
be more worry about your hungry people displaced by Fulani in anambra[/s]
This one is upcoming afonja skull miner.. see how he is busy spitting ewedu and gbegiri soup everywhere.. disturbing my mentions with it cheesy grin
Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by Beejayy20(m): 5:14pm On Jan 04, 2022
Afonjakid:

This one is upcoming afonja skull miner.. see how he is busy spitting ewedu and gbegiri soup everywhere.. disturbing my mentions with it cheesy grin
trash
says by cannibal...
how many human have flesh have you roat today?
hungry people everywhere

2 Likes

Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by IGBOSON1: 5:58pm On Jan 04, 2022
Reality3080:
i can see pain all over your write up.

I am Yoruba

Just know igbos ain't getting biafra or presidency anytime soon

All you see is the truth staring back at your bigoted self mate!

So you’re YORUBA and you’re going on like a typical Igbo-hating Fulani! You sure you’re actually Yoruba, or you just want to deflect any incoming missiles towards the Yoruba!? wink

@ The bolded: Would you say those are the overriding sentiments of most Yoruba towards the idea of Igbo presidency and the bid for secession!? Dunno....could be you’ve already conducted a straw poll amongst the Yoruba to come to this conclusion, but assuming without conceding, we actually go along with your premise that the Yoruba believe Ndigbo ‘ain’t getting Biafra or presidency anytime soon’, would it be safe to say the Yoruba who hold this position believe Igbos are effectively ‘slaves’ in Nigeria!? Honest answers please! smiley
Re: When Will IPOB Ban FG Allocations And Immigration Of Igbos To Lagos, Kano And PH by LLiKYekoba: 6:13pm On Jan 04, 2022
richmond500:
Igbo land? That ur oil that cannot fill a kettle

Even if na two drops of oil, why your big ewedu muslim mouth still wan drink am, come here dey ask wosky question? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oyakhilome Rallies Nigerian Youth In Diaspora To Defend Tinubu’s Mandate / North Has World's Highest Iliterate Children ( World Bank) / Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.