Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,452 members, 7,808,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. (1626 Views)

Sacrifice Required To Achieve Nigeria’s Restoration – Tinubu To SW Muslims / No Muslim Governor In SW Nigeria. / North Food Blockage To SW: Reno Has This To Say Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by Movic1(m): 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2022
Escaping a troubled region: SW is the most preferred destination for individuals who have to flee from  troubled region to escape danger and terrible  conditions.

Better living conditions: The Land of the Free is home to culture, entertainment, technology, nightlife, and much more.

Better education: A multitude of the most prestigious educational institutions in Nigeria is maintained in the SW. It is the dream of many ambitious men and women to graduate from one of  top universities and colleges located in SW.

More work opportunities: The largest and most active economy in Nigeria offers an extensive range of career opportunities. Therefore, it is still the right place to pursue the dream of professional growth.

Yoruba way of life: SW is still the number one destination for people who are looking to fulfill their dreams. Freedom, democracy, leading a self-determined life, becoming the one that you desire to be – all of that is possible in SW.

South west is the USA of Nigeria. 
Dream region for millions.

32 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by mountmoriah(m): 6:04pm On Jan 05, 2022
Ok, I hear you bro
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by DispatcherLagos: 6:05pm On Jan 05, 2022
Clap for self. I hope you know the difference between Lagos and south west?

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by Movic1(m): 6:06pm On Jan 05, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
Clap for self. I hope you know the difference between Lagos and south west?

Lagos is located in SE?

Do you know how many people from other regions in Oyo and ogun state alone?

UI, Covenant university, OAU and co. are located where? In Lagos? UCH is located in Lagos?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by updatechange(m): 6:06pm On Jan 05, 2022
tongue
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by helinues: 6:07pm On Jan 05, 2022
Toh
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by DispatcherLagos: 6:20pm On Jan 05, 2022
Movic1:

Lagos is located in SE?

Do you know how many people from other regions in Oyo and ogun state alone?

UI, Covenant university, OAU and co. Is located where? In Lagos? UCH is located in Lagos?
you sound very myopic, go to Borno, you will still find none indigenes there even at its security challenge, no state in Nigeria that doesn't have a good number of visitors residing in it, although states like Lagos, Abuja(I must include it), Rivers have the highest number of visitors due to some factors especially economic factors. I don't see any point in overemphasizing the visitors that comes to the south west which of course favours you more than the visitors. Go to Aba, Enugu and Onitsha and see the number of none Igbos living and doing their legitimate businesses there, it doesn't call for any noise making by the Igbos. Same applies to the north and south but never for once have any region make noise about visitors in their region except of course the Yorubas. Now my advice to you is " if you are not comfortable with the visitors, stop buying/selling to them, stop selling/renting houses to them. In fact stop communicating with them" instead of this constant noise making

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by Yibo(m): 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2022
They were crying blues when Fashola deported some of them back to Alaigbo
They prefer dying in South West or nowhere

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by Movic1(m): 6:31pm On Jan 05, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
you sound very myopic, go to Borno, you will still find none indigenes there even at its security challenge, no state in Nigeria that doesn't have a good number of visitors residing in it, although states like Lagos, Abuja(I must include it), Rivers have the highest number of visitors due to some factors especially economic factors. I don't see any point in overemphasizing the visitors that comes to the south west which of course favours you more than the visitors. Go to Aba, Enugu and Onitsha and see the number of none Igbos living and doing their legitimate businesses there, it doesn't call for any noise making by the Igbos. Same applies to the north and south but never for once have any region make noise about visitors in their region except of course the Yorubas. Now my advice to you is " if you are not comfortable with the visitors, stop buying/selling to them, stop selling/renting houses to them. In fact stop communicating with them" instead of this constant noise making

It favours the visitors more, if not you won't find them there. You don't go to where there's no money. Point out where i stated it in my post the sw is not comfortable with the migration? You are feeling attacked.

14 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 05, 2022
Ibo

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by Beejayy20(m): 6:34pm On Jan 05, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
you sound very myopic, go to Borno, you will still find none indigenes there even at its security challenge, no state in Nigeria that doesn't have a good number of visitors residing in it, although states like Lagos, Abuja(I must include it), Rivers have the highest number of visitors due to some factors especially economic factors. I don't see any oint in overemphasizing the visitors that comes to the south west which of course favours you more than the visitors. Go to Aba, Enugu and Onitsha and see the number of none Igbos living and doing their legitimate businesses there, it doesn't call for any noise making by the Igbos. Same applies to the north and south but never for once have any region make noise about visitors in their region except of course the Yorubas. Now my advice to you is " if you are not comfortable with the visitors, stop buying/selling to them, stop selling/renting houses to them. In fact stop communicating with them" instead of this constant noise making
you must be high on mkupmiri,rivers receives more visitors ahead of lagos and abuja?

8 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by CannibalTorment: 6:36pm On Jan 05, 2022
Who did the Igbos offend, something that is crystal clear you will still argue, may God deliver you

[s]
DispatcherLagos:
[/s]

10 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by kettykin: 6:37pm On Jan 05, 2022
Lopsided federalism and coveting Niger Delta oil industry wealth

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by DispatcherLagos: 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2022
Movic1:

It favours the visitors more, if not you won't find them there. You don't go to where there's no money. Point out where i stated it in my post the sw is not comfortable with the migration? You are feeling attacked.
the relationship between the visitors and the visited is a mutual one as the both parties benefits from each other. You are right, no one goes to a dry land, after all we are all seeking greener pastures. On the other hand, no one accommodates a parasite. The subject of your post clearly shows you're uncomfortable with the "running to South West" even though the body of your post doesn't stress your intention

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by Movic1(m): 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2022
kettykin:
Lopsided federalism and coveting Niger Delta oil industry wealth

SE no dey chop from the Niger delta Oil? Can SE survive without federal Allocation?

13 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2022
Movic1:
Escaping a troubled region: SW is the most preferred destination for individuals who have to flee from  troubled region to escape danger and terrible  conditions.

Better living conditions: The Land of the Free is home to culture, entertainment, technology, nightlife, and much more.

Better education: A multitude of the most prestigious educational institutions in Nigeria is maintained in the SW. It is the dream of many ambitious men and women to graduate from one of  top universities and colleges located in SW.

More work opportunities: The largest and most active economy in Nigeria offers an extensive range of career opportunities. Therefore, it is still the right place to pursue the dream of professional growth.

Yoruba way of life: SW is still the number one destination for people who are looking to fulfill their dreams. Freedom, democracy, leading a self-determined life, becoming the one that you desire to be – all of that is possible in SW.

South west is the USA of Nigeria. 
Dream region for millions.

I do not know at all but I know the people in southwest I'm running to Benin Republic to be refugees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN66jM_HszM

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by Beejayy20(m): 6:40pm On Jan 05, 2022
[s]
kettykin:
Lopsided federalism and coveting Niger Delta oil industry wealth[/s]
which oil industry wealth,you be mumu

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by DispatcherLagos: 6:40pm On Jan 05, 2022
Beejayy20:

you must be high on mkupmiri,rivers receives more visitors ahead of lagos and abuja?
obviously you have issues reading and comprehending

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by Gazzy88(m): 6:41pm On Jan 05, 2022
Ibos will faint if Yorùbá should say they should all leave. They love here like kilode. All these online rants are just signs of envy and inferiority complex cos it's not easy traveling about 7 states far away to enter west for prosperity.

The only tribe that never share no border with southwest but striving to 'feel among'. If any tribe should even think of asking for relevance in the west, it should be the ND cos they are the closest to us, not ibos from farther distance.

9 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by DispatcherLagos: 6:41pm On Jan 05, 2022
CannibalTorment:
Who did the Igbos offend, something that is crystal clear you will still argue, may God deliver you

[s][/s]
what is Crystal clear sir?
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by sammyj: 6:42pm On Jan 05, 2022
wink wink wink Omo Oluwabi race indeed. Proudly Yoruba smiley smiley

9 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by Movic1(m): 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
the relationship between the visitors and the visited is a mutual one as the both parties benefits from each other. You are right, no one goes to a dry land, after all we are all seeking greener pastures. On the other hand, no one accommodates a parasite. The subject of your post clearly shows you're uncomfortable with the "running to South West" even though the body of your post doesn't stress your intention

Then the host should be appreciated. Some people who make money from SW are always happy whenever bad things happen to the region and feel sad when a good thing happen to it. The Host voluntarily left some business to outsiders, it's not that they aren't good at it. The Host are the major buyer.

9 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by DispatcherLagos: 6:54pm On Jan 05, 2022
Movic1:

Then the host should be appreciated. Some people who make money from SW are always happy whenever bad things happen to the region and feel sad when a good thing happen to it. The Host voluntarily left some business to outsiders, it's not that they aren't good at it. The Host are the major buyer.
the problem with you is taking the bashings and trolling that happen on nairaland outside it. Come to my area in Lagos, no one differentiates indigenes from none indigenes because of the level of cooperation and cordial relationship existing between them. None indigenes can never rejoice over bad omen that befall any part of South West because they too will indirectly benefit from it. Talking about "appreciation" what other way should the visitors appreciate you than paying their taxes, rent and performing their civil duties legitimately. You don't expect them to wake up every morning and come and prostrate at your doorstep, come on you don't feed them. There are a thousand and one Yorubas living outside Yoruba land though within Nigeria, do they show this level of appreciation that you crave to their hosts?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by Denoh68: 6:56pm On Jan 05, 2022
SIR, APPRECIATE YOU FOR WHAT.DO YOU APPRECIATE AMERICANS AND ENGLISH PEOPLE,ARE YOU PEOPLE GIVING LAND FOR FREE, PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING TO GET THEIR DAILY BREAD AND YOU ARE HERE ASKING FOR APPRECIATION
Movic1:

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by Movic1(m): 7:01pm On Jan 05, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
the problem with you is taking the bashings and trolling that happen on nairaland outside it. Come to my area in Lagos, no one differentiates indigenes from none indigenes because of the level of cooperation and cordial relationship existing between them. None indigenes can never rejoice over bad omen that befall any part of South West because they too will indirectly benefit from it. Talking about "application" what other way should the visitors appreciate you than paying their taxes, rent and performing their civil duties legitimately. You don't expect them to wake up every morning and come and prostrate at your doorstep, come on you don't feed them. There are a thousand and one Yorubas living outside Yoruba land though within Nigeria, do they show this level of appreciation that you crave to their hosts?

In real life, people often hide emotions to protect their relationships. Those smiling face are fake. NL is a faceless forum, people actually reveal who they are. Yorubas outside SW don't over-do the way some people from a particular region normally do. We respect our host and do our business without noise. We don't drag and abuse the host , we don't tell the host we developed their regions . That's very disrespectful...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by DispatcherLagos: 7:03pm On Jan 05, 2022
Gazzy88:
Ibos will faint if Yorùbá should say they should all leave. They love here like kilode. All these online rants are just signs of envy and inferiority complex cos it's not easy traveling about 7 states far away to enter west for prosperity.

The only tribe that never share no border with southwest but striving to 'feel among'. If any tribe should even think of asking for relevance in the west, it should be the ND cos they are the closest to us, not ibos from farther distance.
oga grow up. Igbos just like every tribe in Nigeria have the right to live in any part of the country, sad enough there is nothing you can do about it. That said, I don't think any sensible Igbo person will ever want to "feel among" especially to a lesser tribe thereby abandoning his enviable tribe. I still can't wrap my head around "traveling more than 7 states" statement, do you realize that there are Nigerians in USA,europe and Asia? Does distance stop people from traveling? Again, I hope the Yorubas in Igbo land didn't cross these 7 states to get to the East?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by OFFICIAL336: 7:07pm On Jan 05, 2022
Gazzy88:

I hope you are not adding Lagos to your Yoruba land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by Movic1(m): 7:07pm On Jan 05, 2022
Denoh68:
SIR, APPRECIATE YOU FOR WHAT.DO YOU APPRECIATE AMERICANS AND ENGLISH PEOPLE,ARE YOU PEOPLE GIVING LAND FOR FREE, PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING TO GET THEIR DAILY BREAD AND YOU ARE HERE ASKING FOR APPRECIATION

The appreciation that i am talking about is to make less noise and stop speaking ill of sw.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by Movic1(m): 7:08pm On Jan 05, 2022
OFFICIAL336:

I hope you are not adding Lagos to your Yoruba land

Lagos is igboland.

8 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by Movic1(m): 7:10pm On Jan 05, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
oga grow up. Igbos just like every tribe in Nigeria have the right to live in any part of the country, sad enough there is nothing you can do about it. That said, I don't think any sensible Igbo person will ever want to "feel among" especially to a lesser tribe thereby abandoning his enviable tribe. I still can't wrap my head around "traveling more than 7 states" statement, do you realize that there are Nigerians in USA,europe and Asia? Does distance stop people from traveling? Again, I hope the Yorubas in Igbo land didn't cross these 7 states to get to the East?

Yoruba is a lesser tribe to Igbo? Lol. How many Yorubas are in SE compared to the Igbos in SW?

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by OFFICIAL336: 7:11pm On Jan 05, 2022
Movic1:

Lagos is igboland.
No.

A no man's land but originally Bini and Awori land
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Is Migrating/running To SW Nigeria. by OFFICIAL336: 7:12pm On Jan 05, 2022
Movic1:

Yoruba is a lesser tribe to Igbo? Lol. How many Yorubas are in SE compared to the Igbos in SW?
A lot of your sisters are in SE selling agbo

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reno Omokori Called Tinubu Drug Lord Say Nigeria Will Not Become Colombia. / Nuhu Ribadu Allegedly Picks Sen. Grace Bent As Running Mate. / Don’t Set Osun On Fire – APC Campaign Council Warns PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.