Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,403 members, 7,800,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Patricia Becomes First Black Woman To Get Oxford University Full Professorship - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Patricia Becomes First Black Woman To Get Oxford University Full Professorship (988 Views)

Pantami’s Professorship: FUTO Alumni Write Institution, Want Explanation / Kano Demands Apology From American University Over Fake Professorship To Ganduje / Apply For Qingdao Government Scholarship At China University (full Tuition Fee) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patricia Becomes First Black Woman To Get Oxford University Full Professorship by CampussNews: 9:01pm On Jan 05, 2022
Update from SIGGY .ng

A Kenyan woman, Patricia Kingori, has broken the glass ceiling and become one of the youngest women to be awarded a full professorship at Oxford University in its 925-year history, Siggy reports.

Kingori is also the youngest black professor at Oxford or Cambridge universities in the United Kingdom.

Thankful of her promotion, the professor said: “To have my body of work recognised in this way is a great honour, and I am grateful many people who have inspired and supported me so far.”

Kingori is a British African sociologist based at Ethox Centre and the Wellcome Centre for Ethics and Humanities in London, UK- a research centre that aims at improving ethical standards in healthcare practice and medical research.

Somerville’s Principal Baroness Jan Royall, who moved a vote of confidence in her favour, said, “Patricia has moved many mountains and shattered countless glass ceilings to secure this historic achievement. In the truest tradition of Somerville, she is a woman of firsts, a trailblazer. I have no doubt that where she leads, others will follow.”

The Senior Research Fellow has notable awards and achievements under her belt, more notably the award for historic distinction in recognition of the quality and global impact of her research on academia and beyond.

“She is currently the recipient of the prestigious Wellcome Senior Investigator award and leads an interdisciplinary team of researchers exploring global concerns around Fakes, Fabrications, and Falsehoods in global health,” Somerville highlighted.

https://campusnews.medium.com/patricia-becomes-first-black-woman-to-get-oxford-university-full-professorship-e6d0673dc42f

2 Likes

Re: Patricia Becomes First Black Woman To Get Oxford University Full Professorship by isaiah4life(m): 9:04pm On Jan 05, 2022
Africa to the world.
Re: Patricia Becomes First Black Woman To Get Oxford University Full Professorship by TheMohican(m): 6:08am On Jan 06, 2022

IGBO AMAKA

Re: Patricia Becomes First Black Woman To Get Oxford University Full Professorship by Danjikanbauchi: 7:28am On Jan 06, 2022
TheMohican:

IGBO AMAKA

this Afonja Muslim want to set up fight even after reading she is a Kenyan.
Re: Patricia Becomes First Black Woman To Get Oxford University Full Professorship by oyatz(m): 11:17am On Jan 06, 2022
Danjikanbauchi:
this Afonja Muslim want to set up fight even after reading she is a Kenyan.

But you did the same thing on the thread about the University of Jos female student killed by her YahooYahoo B/friend.
Re: Patricia Becomes First Black Woman To Get Oxford University Full Professorship by Danjikanbauchi: 11:18am On Jan 06, 2022
oyatz:

But you did the same thing on the thread about the University of Jos female student killed by her YahooYahoo B/friend.
that was before I repented and give my life to Christ.
Re: Patricia Becomes First Black Woman To Get Oxford University Full Professorship by cassidy1996(m): 12:18pm On Jan 06, 2022
TheMohican:

IGBO AMAKA

shut up!
lol

(1) (Reply)

Marketing Lesson Notes For Senior Secondary School Students / How Arabs Came To Be In The Northern Part Of Africa / AAUA Students And Lecturer Run For Their Lives After Their Classmates Costumed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.