Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

£20 And £50 Notes Out Of Circulation Before End Of 2022 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / £20 And £50 Notes Out Of Circulation Before End Of 2022 (561 Views)

End Of Supersonic Transport( SST ): Tributes To Concorde / Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) / Plastic Roads: The Possible End Of Pot Holes And Flood In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

£20 And £50 Notes Out Of Circulation Before End Of 2022 by IamCookie(f): 1:04am On Jan 06, 2022
I got a mail this morning notifying Wema bank customers about the topic. I was surprised though cos i didn't know and i have about £120 at home , saving it pending visiting the UK. So, i decided to visit the Bank of England website and found the details below, so that others (that aren't aware yet) would be informed.

The currency has been changed from paper notes to Polymer notes with adequate security features

1 Like 1 Share

Re: £20 And £50 Notes Out Of Circulation Before End Of 2022 by IamCookie(f): 1:16am On Jan 06, 2022
And i am thinking that the exchange rate will start declining since most or all of the commercial banks do not want to accept the paper notes . Accordingly, it was said that the paper notes can be exchanged to the newly introduced polymer notes through the post office in England or the Bank of England...

Re: £20 And £50 Notes Out Of Circulation Before End Of 2022 by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 06, 2022
Wahala

1 Like

Re: £20 And £50 Notes Out Of Circulation Before End Of 2022 by meobizy(f): 3:55pm On Jan 06, 2022
I never thought I’d see the day England would switch to polymer notes. The US may do the same next year. Let me go and research the benefits compared to paper.

1 Like

Re: £20 And £50 Notes Out Of Circulation Before End Of 2022 by noeloge82(m): 6:19am On Jan 07, 2022
IamCookie:
And i am thinking that the exchange rate will start declining since most or all of the commercial banks do not want to accept the paper notes . Accordingly, it was said that the paper notes can be exchanged to the newly introduced polymer notes through the post office in England or the Bank of England...

This will not affect exchange rate its not the value that changed and commercial bank abroad will not reject it because the way the operate if reported may face very sanctions

1 Like

Re: £20 And £50 Notes Out Of Circulation Before End Of 2022 by IamCookie(f): 6:42pm On Jan 07, 2022
noeloge82:

This will not affect exchange rate its not the value that changed and commercial bank abroad will not reject it because the way the operate if reported may face very sanctions

Yea, i grab. I actually didn't mean "exchange rate " in its strictest sense. I mean the amount it will be exchanged in the Black market(Abokis) ,with regards the paper notes , since the banks are no longer receiving it

1 Like

Re: £20 And £50 Notes Out Of Circulation Before End Of 2022 by IamCookie(f): 6:45pm On Jan 07, 2022
meobizy:
I never thought I’d see the day England would switch to polymer notes. The US may do the same next year. Let me go and research the benefits compared to paper.

I seem surprised too !* Now majority of those that criticised Nigeria when it (Polymer notes) was introduced to our lower denominations , would now say nice thingz about it

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Brazil Visa,how Long To Hear From The Embasssy / Safest Way To Travel From Abakaliki To Calabar / Czech Visa Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.