Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) (30280 Views)

Richard Mofe-Damijo And Wife, Jumobi, Celebrate 22nd Wedding Anniversary (Photo) / Richard Mofe-Damijo Celebrates His Wife, Jumobi On Her Birthday (Photos) / Richard Mofe-Damijo & His Wife, Jumobi Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by Sammydanny: 2:48am On Jan 06, 2022
RMD Responds To Critics Of His Wife's Decision To Give Up Fame To Build Family

One of Nigeria's most successful actors, Richard Mofe-Damijo has responded after his post hailing his wife on their wedding anniversary led to a debate.

The actor said his wife, Jumobi, gave up fame to build their home and he thanked her for it on their anniversary.

This led to a conversation about women being expected to give up their careers to build their homes, whereas men do not have to give up their careers even when married and building a family.

RMD has now responded. He said that his wife only gave up fame but she still has a successful career and a thriving business.

He said his wife made the decision to give up fame "wholly on her own" and he just supported her decision.

He added that his wife made the decision before they got married that she didn't want to be in the public eye.

[flash=425,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH5Hchfgjdk[/flash]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by everythinggirly(f): 2:50am On Jan 06, 2022
She has done well.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by doggedfighter(f): 3:41am On Jan 06, 2022
Critics?

Who are they?

Arm chair criticism is fast becoming a full time job. undecided

People should be allowed to make choices that suit them.

Provided they weren't forced to make such.

Personally I wouldn't make such choice but it gives me no right to belittle her choices or question it.

All we need do is support their choice or look away while minding our business..

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by Sammydanny: 9:14am On Jan 06, 2022
Online opinion mongers
doggedfighter:
Critics?

Who are they?

14 Likes

Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 11:53am On Jan 06, 2022
That must be from some persons who think they can influence how you wanna live your life..

They haven't developed their own life but very quick to criticize your own..your way of life is their problems..

They only come online to spew gibberish.. using vulgar words and bashing a particular gender cos of their insecurity..they think they are real person online while offline they are bunch of weaklings..
They are called wannabe redpillers and they made that daft statement..

22 Likes

Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by usecondom(m): 11:53am On Jan 06, 2022
People will always talk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by kenbee(f): 11:54am On Jan 06, 2022
Family is number one!
Career is an added advantage!
I respect her decision

Mrs RMD, you have done well.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by infocabal(m): 11:54am On Jan 06, 2022
Na this kind wife we Dey find.
No be wife wey go commot for house 6am and come back 8pm.. how pikin or hubby wan know u set
No be wife wey be full time house wife and doesn’t know the value of a penny .

No be wife wey Dey claim FemiNist but for responsibility equal rights no Dey

RMD wife still has a career and a business running
Takes care of her family essential needs and most importantly have time for them.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by slivertongue: 11:54am On Jan 06, 2022
Busy bodies
Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by Kobicove(m): 11:55am On Jan 06, 2022
It's not even like she was a famous movies star at the time they got married, she was just a duty continuity announcer with NTA 2 Channel 5 undecided

No matter what you do in this life people will always have an opinion...just do whatever makes you happy so long as it's not illegal grin

Modified
I just realised I made a mistake, I was confusing Jumobi Adegbesan with Efunseke Merriman Johnson, who got married to Cyril Stoner.

Jumobi worked for AIT and not for NTA 2 Channel 5 grin

8 Likes

Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by jmoore(m): 11:55am On Jan 06, 2022
Foolish feminists carried the matter for head.

Did he say she became a fulltime housewife?

Someone made a choice and stupid folks forming woke are condemning.

Ndi ife na eme n'isi.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by captainamiedi1: 11:55am On Jan 06, 2022
people like to force their ideas and others and will be the first to cry if others force their ideas on them. leave the woman alone ndi critics.

2 Likes

Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by LesbianBoy(m): 11:55am On Jan 06, 2022
He should not have responded angry

The ladies that critised him are married to mother fucking SIMPS and so think everyone should be like their mumu husbands

grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by setobaba: 11:55am On Jan 06, 2022
Pls is RMD a TAURUS?? he has all the traits of one
Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by dugosas: 11:55am On Jan 06, 2022
usecondom:
People will always talk.
What do you expect
He is a celebrity
Once you are a celeb, ppl will scrutinize you

The only reason nobody is scrutinizing you right now is because_____
Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by okezuoemmanue(m): 11:55am On Jan 06, 2022
cry
Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by Suspect33(m): 11:55am On Jan 06, 2022
All these modern day delusional feminist on Twitter, I'm sure they were the ones dragging the woman... a bunch of bitter losers trying to drag down successful family women because of their (feminists) inability to get a man and build a family with.

7 Likes

Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by Kobicove(m): 11:55am On Jan 06, 2022
This lady's head has almost doubled in size, I remember when she used to be slim in build grin

1 Like

Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by Babaken(m): 11:55am On Jan 06, 2022
doggedfighter:
Critics?

Who are they?

The rofofo's
Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by JustNiyi2(m): 11:56am On Jan 06, 2022
FOR YOUR CLEANING AND FUMIGATION SERVICES CALL � +2348171881934
Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by socialmediaman: 11:56am On Jan 06, 2022
I don’t see anyone who will be unhappy with her career choices except misandrists Nigerian version of feminists.

3 Likes

Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by waritap: 11:56am On Jan 06, 2022
How does this take concern me

1 Like

Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by Adenle041(m): 11:56am On Jan 06, 2022
Is there opinion

Greetings to all peace loving and industrious nairalanders - we move into greater height this year.

I am into furniture, kitchen and wardrobe business - we need you to expand and increase our Business with good return on your investment.

Lets make money together ring me on my mention if you have cash - let your money work for you.
Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by Vinnie2000(m): 11:56am On Jan 06, 2022
doggedfighter:
Critics?

Who are they?

Foolish Feminists who are mostly single Ladies!.. sad

They can't manage a six-months relationship with dier Boyfriends
BUT
will claim to know about Marriage dan those celebrating 20,25 Anniversaries! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by Munzy14(m): 11:56am On Jan 06, 2022
doggedfighter:
Critics?

Who are they?

Na irrelevant frustrated beings..Wahala for who follow their yarns.

1 Like

Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by belicej: 11:57am On Jan 06, 2022
She has completely transformed
Re: Richard Mofe-Damijo: How My Wife, Jumobi Gave Up Fame To Build Family (Video) by merits(m): 11:57am On Jan 06, 2022
RMD you get time to be replying any stupid critics.If I may asked must you replied? remember silence is golden.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson & Prince Odi Okojie Celebrate 6th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Stop Comparing Me To Dagrin- Olamide Cries Out To Fans / Denrele's Outfit To African Entertainment Legend Awards 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.