Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? (4262 Views)

Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? / Why Do Virgin Girls Insist They Can't Marry A Virgin Boy? / Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by SmartMen: 4:22am On Jan 06, 2022

Why do girls insist on being friends?

I met her, we clicked, we enjoyed each other's company. I got attached and wanted us to date, she declined and withdrew, she stopped initiating convos or calls... though she does respond when I call or chat her up.

I tried to sustain it by keeping things going with calls and texts but it looked like I was forcing myself on her... I tried to talk about her changed attitude and she said it is work or she is busy or I am overthinking.

When I saw how she was going about it, I had to open my options and cast my net into the river again.... of course, I got a few fish but kept them

After some months of trying and knowing that most girls always reach out to guys who ask them out previously, I didn't want her to come back as if she didnt know what happened. So I didn't wish her Merry Xmas or New Year. I just kept my distance and told her that it is best I allow things to die and that I have come to terms with how she wanted it to be.

She said she knew something was off when she didn't hear from me for some weeks but couldn't place her fingers on it because she was going through stuff.

She then apologized but insisted that we should still be friends. She said she will still see me as her friend if even I don't consider her as one. Of course, it is just bullshit talks to keep me in a queue.

imagine saying even if I don't count her as a friend, she still sees me as her friend. WTF does that mean?

I had started off with another lady from Akwa Ibom and I don't want this current to start wondering why I changed or why she does not hear from me again.

So I had to clear her on that and make it known that her attitude is the reason. I don't want her to reach out to me a few months later or a year later cos that is their game. and yeah, I ended my text with starting with another lady.
But why do girls insist on being friends when a guy says he will prefer to walk away and they don't want to date him? I will appreciate more experience guys to answer this one.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by brosom(m): 5:09am On Jan 06, 2022
They're just confused and don't know what they want.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by Boogyman557: 5:20am On Jan 06, 2022
Holly Gram cool which kind CAPRISUN u de CAPRISUN here na..

I just de KUSH my WEED dis EARLY MOMO oooo

WTF MAN
Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by helinues: 5:59am On Jan 06, 2022
Some guys are yet to understand the nature of Ladies..

That you look good, financially stable doesn't necessarily mean all ladies would like/love you.

If a lady is in love, you would experience it yourself without even forcing her.

You might not be her type

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by KAM3KAZI: 6:07am On Jan 06, 2022
She doesn't want a situation whereby you become someone famous or worth millions later in life without her having ties with you.

That thing dey pain them well grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by CreepyBlackpool: 6:22am On Jan 06, 2022
They want to enjoy the benefits thar comes with your friendship still. And also keep you as a spare tyre, in case the person they want serves them breakfast they'll come back to you to take care of them till they find someone else.

She'll still come back in a few weeks or months, to ask you "do you still like/love me?"

All na manipulations

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by Nobody: 6:31am On Jan 06, 2022
Simps will always be simps no Matter what!!

Oga She's only trying to control and manipulate you. angry that's how they behave towards Simps and weak men. She wants to make you a second or third option, should in case anything goes wrong with her current boyfriend, then she'll subscribe to you and keep cashing out sad

You better use your head, this is a new year and no guy is expected to simp around.

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by uthlaw: 6:46am On Jan 06, 2022
GoodHardDick:

Oga She's only trying to control and manipulate you. angry that's how they behave towards Simps and weak men. She wants to make you a second or third option, should in case anything goes wrong with her current boyfriend, then she'll subscribe to you and keep cashing out sad

You better use your head, this is a new year and no guy is expected to simp around.
follow this advice!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by Sonnobax15(m): 6:57am On Jan 06, 2022
uthlaw:
follow this advice!
At your own riisk lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by donleo92(m): 7:01am On Jan 06, 2022
Men.. I think she is not just into you on the relationship bases. she might even be in a serious relationship and she doesn't want to let you know thereby hurting your feelings. so bro, move on.
Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by bigcee(m): 7:05am On Jan 06, 2022
GoodHardDick:

I swear, may Go bless you anywhere you're. You really understand how they operate. Kudos to you.
Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by Yohans(m): 7:12am On Jan 06, 2022
If she tells you she want to be friends, tell her you've got enough friends.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by bigcee(m): 7:16am On Jan 06, 2022
Bro, use your head. It's all manipulation. She just want to use you as a backup supply. Do you know how many guys(simp) she has in her corner grin A simp will always fall for such a cheap scam because they don't use their head.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:21am On Jan 06, 2022
She might not want to hurt you tho..it's her choice not to date you why not respect that..
If she wanna be friends with you that's cool..
Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by Ajmoziz(m): 7:28am On Jan 06, 2022
Let me paint a picture for you as the reason
Suppose for the sake of this example that you have this female friend,that buys you food anytime you meet,calls you , trying to find out how you doing,just plain shows you tender loving care,would you date her knowing that if you break up,you lose access to all these freebies but if you continue as it is,you have access to these things, possibly for ever that's why she wants to be friends,she wants to enjoy.
Then for op,what he should tell the girl is that he can't be friends with someone he is attracted to,that if you are friends,she allowed to date someone else and he doesn't think he can handle that so it's best if they end it right here right now

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by bigcee(m): 7:31am On Jan 06, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
She might not want to hurt you tho..it's her choice not to date you why not respect that..
If she wanna be friends with you that's cool..
SMH. You still dey learn.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:34am On Jan 06, 2022
bigcee:

SMH. You still dey learn.
We learn daily..if you are too big to learn or you think you've gotten to a stage where you don't have to learn anymore then you are nothing but a blockhead..

Note I am not a wannabe redpiller I support the gender you are always gonna abuse..just cos I don't agree with your myopic mindset doesn't make me a gullible person as you..

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by Ikpeabujo(m): 7:37am On Jan 06, 2022
helinues:
Some guys are yet to understand the nature of Ladies..

That you look good, financially stable doesn't necessarily mean all ladies would like/love you.

If a lady is in love, you would experience it yourself without even forcing her.

You might not be her type
do you read the message at all

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by bigcee(m): 7:38am On Jan 06, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

We learn daily..if you are too big to learn or you think you've gotten to a stage where you don't have to learn anymore then you are nothing but a blockhead..

Note I am not a wannabe redpiller I support the gender you are always gonna abuse..just cos I don't agree with your myopic mindset doesn't make me a gullible person as you..
We are waiting for you to open a thread about how you spent your salary on her and she still cheat on you. This one don't know anything.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:41am On Jan 06, 2022
bigcee:

We are waiting for you to open a thread about how you spent your salary on her and she still cheat on you. This one don't know anything.
You think I am of your gender huh? grin
Look I view things from a realist aspect you shouldn't judge or generalise women cos of the few y've seen..
You saying she's manipulating that guy without having a proper knowledge concerning her choice speaks a lot..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by Fiscus105(m): 7:49am On Jan 06, 2022
SmartMen:

But why do girls insist on being friends when a guy says he will prefer to walk away and they don't want to date him? I will appreciate more experience guys to answer this one.

Friend to them is that they put u on wishing list, the day they would be stranded, they upgrade you as substantial.

A lady told me on Facebook group sometimes ago, she said she can never be stranded ,because several guys are on her wishing list either physically or on social media, that she just need is to activate and upgrade him.
..........and trust naija guys, immediately the girl say hi, even if its after 6 years of abandonment, he will be happy and quickly jump to the offer.

That's why they usually labeled naija guys "most cheapest" commodity in the whole universe!

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by bigcee(m): 7:50am On Jan 06, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You think I am of your gender huh? grin
Look I view things from a realist aspect you shouldn't judge or generalise women cos of the few y've seen..
You saying she's manipulating that guy without having a proper knowledge concerning her choice speaks a lot..
Oga, that's when experience comes in and you're nowhere near what I have experienced with that evil gender.

Note: I am not a misogynist.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by DannyXpress: 7:50am On Jan 06, 2022
A lot of women tend to behave that way because you want to own them when all they want at this stage of their life is to have fun. Don't try to own women they will friendzone you quickly.

Don't ask women out, play your game well and watch the table them with them asking you out. It happens everytime.

OP if you can take some time off and read this book, you'll understand more and how to turn things around.
Within a few days you'll make that lady to start chasing you like her life depended on it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by bigcee(m): 7:51am On Jan 06, 2022
Fiscus105:

Friend to them is that they put u on wish list,
Exactly, bro... Exactly... U get the point cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:56am On Jan 06, 2022
bigcee:

Oga, that's when experience comes in and you're no where near what I have experienced with that evil gender.

Note: I am not a misogynist.
You are cos you only speak out of hate here.. calling a gender evil just cos of your past experience...
You make me wonder whether a woman really birthed you guys..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by ikennamadu1(m): 8:04am On Jan 06, 2022
Ikpeabujo:
do you read the message at all
Shun that guy ... Him think say him dey smart ..but yet him go dey type rubbish weh no conform with topics weh him dey comment on.. person weh suppose avoid some threads and face him buhari support group job
Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 06, 2022
Maybe there's something they are gaining from the friendship. If not, they'll cut the guy off.

I remember during the lockdown, there was this man who was keeping me company via calls and chats. So he later started talking about relationship and marriage but I wasn't interested and I tried to make him understand we could be just friends and stick to the chats and calls only.

Now, I didn't like him for a relationship or marriage but I liked the fact that he kept me company that period ( lockdown) because the boredom was just too much plus I was enjoying the attention he was giving me.

Again, sometimes a girl can just be faking it that she wants to keep you as friends so you don't feel bad about the rejection or see her as heartless but in the real sense she doesn't want you around anymore for daring to ask her for a relationship. All that stunts is not to make you feel totally rejected. Been there, done that.

So guys. Don't go counting on it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by Nattytokumbo(m): 9:01am On Jan 06, 2022
The Strongest Orgasm Of Your Life Will Be Through Mutual Masturbation
CONTACT ME ON +234 818 621 0393 NATTY TOKUMBO
Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by siofra(f): 10:39am On Jan 06, 2022
She wants to study your character and see if you're the chop and run type.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? by helinues: 11:43am On Jan 06, 2022
ikennamadu1:

Shun that guy ... Him think say him dey smart ..but yet him go dey type rubbish weh no conform with topics weh him dey comment on.. person weh suppose avoid some threads and face him buhari support group job

Hope you are aware those who gave that likes are not dumbos

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Check Out This Topless Lady At The Beach(photos, 18+) / Can A Woman Be Too Tight? / Nairalanders Please Help Me Find My Boyfriend (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.