Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

“We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role (30933 Views)

AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen / NFF Appoints Kanu, Okocha & Babangida As Scouts, Eguavoen Reacts / Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

“We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by robosky02(m): 9:34am On Jan 06, 2022
“We have found Chidera” – Eguavoen considering CSKA dribbling wizard for key Super Eagles role

The three-time African champions have suffered in recent times in the final third, and the interim head coach is considering several solutions

Augustine Eguavoen has identified that creativity in the attack has been one of the Super Eagles’ major problems in recent times.

And the team’s interim head coach believes CSKA Moscow’s excellent playmaker Chidera Ejuke has the ability to help in that regard.

Under erstwhile coach Gernot Rohr, Ejuke was merely a fringe member of the Eagles, despite his fan-pleasing performances whenever he took to the pitch.

Rohr usually preferred Everton’s Alex Iwobi in the creative role for the national team, with the duo of Bordeaux’s Samuel Kalu and Rangers’ Joe Aribo also delivering mixed displays when trying their luck in that role at different times.

Still, the Super Eagles have consistently found it difficult to create goalscoring chances, with the three-time Afcon kings managing to score three or more goals in just three of their last 17 games across all competitions.

Although Ejuke is yet to score or assist when wearing the green and white, the former Heerenveen man has been brilliant for CSKA, contributing four goals and three assists in 13 matches as an attacking midfielder.

And Eguavoen is convinced that Ejuke’s form and talent could see him become vital for the team in Cameroon.

“The creative role is where the team has been lacking,” the interim head coach said at the press conference before the Eagles’ departure for the 2021 Afcon.

“Of late, we have found Chidera (Ejuke), but if it is not working, we may have to change our tactics and be flexible in the way we play.”

Ejuke is one of the 13 debutants in the Eagles squad for the African Nations Cup. But the 24-year-old attacker arrives with an impressive profile, having been ranked as the third-best dribbler in the world, according to CIES Observatory’s latest rankings.

https://soccernet.ng/2022/01/we-have-found-chidera-eguavoen-considering-cska-dribbling-wizard-for-key-super-eagles-role.html

4 Likes

Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by Maxymilliano(m): 11:34am On Jan 06, 2022
Ejuke is taking over the No 10 jersey and hope he delivers ...

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by robosky02(m): 12:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Ejuke is taking over the No 10 jersey and hope he delivers ...

He takes the role of number 10

But. Aribo wears 10

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by GboyegaD(m): 12:42pm On Jan 06, 2022
Hopefully, he makes the desired difference.
Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by STEWpid(f): 12:42pm On Jan 06, 2022
Their problem
Their business
Their money

Election is approaching
Naija political comedians are pressing buttons on their sheeples' brain.

They will soon promise 1 Naira to 1000 Dollar and the mumu people will fall jagardly.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by Wiz66601: 12:42pm On Jan 06, 2022
k

1 Like

Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by McAausim: 12:43pm On Jan 06, 2022
cool

Abeg mak una bring the trophy back home... cool

God bless nigeria

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by Gtuns(m): 12:43pm On Jan 06, 2022
Oda
Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by Christoph002: 12:45pm On Jan 06, 2022
Even d defence is in crisis.
Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by Wiz66602: 12:45pm On Jan 06, 2022
k
Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by TimeTraveller: 12:46pm On Jan 06, 2022
I have always thought that guy was the key to our creative midfield(er) issue. Even Jay Jay started as a winger for Super Eagles before Westerhof converted him to a number 10.

9 Likes

Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by dewaskillz: 12:46pm On Jan 06, 2022
Don’t know what to say since I don’t know him. I would have love Dennis too he has force. I pray Dera performs well.

1 Like

Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 12:47pm On Jan 06, 2022
One day soon, we'll hear the really dirty reason the NFF got rid of Rohr on the eve of a major tournament cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by Mko123(m): 12:47pm On Jan 06, 2022
Ok
Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by Phock2sweet: 12:47pm On Jan 06, 2022
As Buhari is making Nigerians to suffer, please don't bring the cup home. Let his tenure expire. The next president will touch the cup. Buhari don't deserve anything good.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by phemmyfour: 12:47pm On Jan 06, 2022
Finally, Iwobi will move to the wing...To know a coach that's got sense is easy.

1. Players were invited on merit

2. Identifying better players in each position

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by Mexyz(m): 12:47pm On Jan 06, 2022
The guy is good no doubt, but I think he will perform better on the wings.

He and Chukwueze should be the ones playing the flanks for the Eagles.

13 Likes

Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by Parrot69: 12:48pm On Jan 06, 2022
With what I’m seeing, this Afcon is gonna be interesting but I reserve my comments after the first two matches.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:50pm On Jan 06, 2022
he's creative player and most importantly he's a key player to csk unlike d useless iwobi wey dey chop bench 4 england

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:50pm On Jan 06, 2022
Chidera is an excellent dribbler that can take on two to three players at a time.
I do hope we would get his best at AFCON for the benefit of our team.

13 Likes

Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by phemmyfour: 12:50pm On Jan 06, 2022
Mexyz:
The guy is good no doubt, but I think he will perform better on the wings.

He and Chukwueze should be the ones playing the flanks for the Eagles.
We need him in the middle

1 Like

Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by princeemmma(m): 12:51pm On Jan 06, 2022
people ready some epe (curse) for ground for una, if una do rubbish for this afcon, because the one am dreaming that Nigeria no go pass group stage
Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by Imindmywords(m): 12:52pm On Jan 06, 2022
Good
Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by Quiny32323: 12:52pm On Jan 06, 2022
Phock2sweet:
As Buhari is making Nigerians to suffer, please don't bring the cup home. Let his tenure expire. The next president will touch the cup. Buhari don't deserve anything good.

You spoke my mind I swear

3 Likes

Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by VEHINTOLAR: 12:52pm On Jan 06, 2022
Go Eagles !

1 Like

Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by Thinktwicemybro: 12:53pm On Jan 06, 2022
South east making Nigeria proud.
Arewa= bandits. Tufiakwa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by Realdeals(m): 12:54pm On Jan 06, 2022
Good, unlike the stuck Rohr

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Have Found Chidera” – Eguavoen Considering CSKA Wizard For Key Role by money121(m): 12:54pm On Jan 06, 2022
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FIFA Releases World Cup Golden Ball Nominees / Neymar, Gabriel Jesus, Ederson Play Table Football In Brazil Locker Room(Photos) / Amara Kanu Celebrates Her 31st Birthday In Style As She Launches Her Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.