Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Share Your Blackberry Experiences - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Share Your Blackberry Experiences (400 Views)

Do Your Blackberry phones still works? / Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders / Today Is Black Friday! Share Your Online Shopping Experience Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Blackberry Experiences by ICTNEWS: 11:02am On Jan 06, 2022
For me, I wasn't really a blackberry fan, even though it was the wave-making device during its prime time, I didn't quite get what people saw in the device.

It lacked so many functionalities that even a Nokia Simbian could do and literally perform better. And on top of that, the battery life (although Simbian had the same problem) was nothing to compare - And I usually would prefer my Sony Ericsson Cybershot device over it.

My two experience with a Blackberry device was when I bought the Pearl model, I liked it because it was smaller and easier to carry around, but the scrolling ball on it wasn't as efficient as the Sony Ericssons' trackpad. Ericsson really got that technology right.

My second experience was the day I said I should try my hands on another of their device "I bought Bold5" and while I was at the store, still operating the device, I felt really irritated, I felt I just lost my money - I didn't really get why alot of people were crazy about the Bold5 model, so I sold it back to the store owner and bought an HTC One android device.

The only thing that Blackberry used in staying ahead, almost beating whatsapp to it (in fact, crippling 2go) was their BBM messenger platform. It became the key feature that made people buy the device. But when Blackberry lost its love in the phone market - and couldn't maintain a sizable fanbase to compete with the likes of iPhone and Android OS! they released the BBM app for Android operating devices, it eventually led to more people leaving the Blackberry run Operating System devices and resorted to just activating the BBM app on their Android powered devices.

By this time, the Chinese Tecno and infinix phone brands were already establishing themselves as the market sweepers - With more people porting to cheaper smart devices that could do more than just chat on a messenger - But could edit files, add attachments to emails, customize their devices and gain more control.

While all that was happening, blackberry was still ego-bloated and stuck with their OS, just like what happened to Nokia when they refused to make the switch. And by the time Blackberry decided to support the Android Operating System, it didn't have much functionality and market share to compliment its switch, hence it fell off the radar. Just as Nokia did when it switched to Windows instead of Android.

So, what are your Blackberry experiences and when did you realise that Android was the game-changer? Let's discuss!

Re: Share Your Blackberry Experiences by hansomb: 11:31am On Jan 06, 2022
I have never used one before. So zero experience.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Blackberry Experiences by WhiteAngels001(m): 12:28pm On Jan 06, 2022
Simply an iPhone throwback

1 Like

Re: Share Your Blackberry Experiences by NamelessOGBENI(m): 1:56pm On Jan 06, 2022
Z10 is still idling away somewhere in my coat.

Used Q10 during NYSC year before man moved to Android.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Blackberry Experiences by edoairways: 8:00pm On Jan 06, 2022
One good thing I liked about BB is their compressed data. With N1,500 am covered for a whole month unlike other phone brands that drains data

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Blackberry Experiences by Mydazz(m): 1:44am On Jan 07, 2022
Today is 7th of January, still rocking my Z10, calls and text only as usual,........
Still waiting to see the end, e don day look like scam
Re: Share Your Blackberry Experiences by slan87(m): 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2022
Mydazz:
Today is 7th of January, still rocking my Z10, calls and text only as usual,........
Still waiting to see the end, e don day look like scam

We are together in this bro, still rocking my BlackBerry classic which I bought on Nairaland just last December

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Good Phone Within My Budget / Iphone 13pro Max Brand New And Locked / Please Help A Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.