Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Re: Ogun Pdp Faction Rejects Adebutu, Endorses Atiku Spokesman For Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Ogun Pdp Faction Rejects Adebutu, Endorses Atiku Spokesman For Governor (122 Views)

Atiku’s Spokesman Daniel Bwala Meets President Tinubu In Paris (Picture) / Adeleke’s Camp Worries Over Litigation, Woos PDP Faction / I’m APC Member, Though I’m Atiku’s Spokesman —galadima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: Ogun Pdp Faction Rejects Adebutu, Endorses Atiku Spokesman For Governor by impact231(m): 11:45am On Jan 06, 2022
RE: OGUN PDP FACTION REJECTS ADEBUTU, ENDORSES ATIKU SPOKESMAN FOR GOVERNOR

My attention has been drawn to a news, being circulated on all social media platforms that a faction of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) in Ogun State has endorsed Hon. Segun Sowunmi as its Governorship candidate ahead of the 2023 gubernatorial election.

Ordinarily, News like this would have been simply dumped in a thrash bin where it actually belongs to but for the purpose of setting the records straight and clearing my name from the mess, which was planned by some desperate political business merchants, I must emphatically distance myself from the so called KANGAROO endorsement of candidate which was planned and executed by the State Chairman, Alhaji Semiu Shobayo who was dancing to the tune of his sponsorer.

I wish to categorically state that the purpose of the said meeting was totally derailed from, only for Alhaji Shobayo to begin the acting of a written script by bringing up the endorsement agenda which they already had in plan.

The meeting was majorly organized to pass vote of confidence on the South West leadership of the only governor of the party in the region, Engr. Seyi Makinde who is also the Oyo State Governor and to equally give our full backing and support to the National leadership of the party which has Ambassador Taofeek Arapaja as the Deputy National Chairman (South). Same was planned for the Adagunodo-led South West leadership of the party. Upon this agreement were the reasons for the meeting which was held yesterday, 5th January,2022 in Abeokuta.

I found the endorsement laughable as the said endorsed governorship candidate has not held any meeting in his local government to declare his intention of such aspiration. What we have seen of him in recent time is a mere social media colouration and paparazzi which does not amount to an official declaration of intent.

It is not new to me how political games are being played. But I have to categorically clear my name from the purported endorsement because it was totally against the initial purpose the meeting was summoned.

At this time, the party officials are interested in mobilizing more members across all board to the party, work on aggrieved members to come back into the party as the party in the State is awaiting a total restructuring process which will bring her back to winning ways.

It caught me unaware when the endorsement of a candidate was mentioned. It is lack of experience on the part of the Chairman, Alhaji Shobayo to endorse a candidate at this early hour of political activity from the party. It is believed that the mobilization strategy should be intensified rather than organizing a purported endorsement which will do the party no good.

I call on our Party leaders, elders, stakeholders and members to be calm and never be deterred by the plans of Alhaji Shobayo who is serving as a stooge to the purported endorsed candidate.

E - SIGNED:

Mr. Ogunse Toyosi

Treasurer, South West PDP

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: NIGERIANS - BEWARE TRADITIONAL RULERS! / OHANAEZE NDIGBO Congratulates Prince Erondu Uche, New ASWITU President General / Appraising Ibrahim And The Reward For Hard Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.