Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,325 members, 7,780,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:55 PM

How The Internet Marketer-toyin Omotosho Began.. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How The Internet Marketer-toyin Omotosho Began.. (856 Views)

What I Learned From Toyin Omotosho Paved Way To Making Millions Of Naira Monthly / Toyin Omotosho Library The Secret Of Online Marketing. / [Pls Advice Me] Should I Become A Professional Internet Marketer Or A Developer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How The Internet Marketer-toyin Omotosho Began.. by Mbee247(m): 11:09am On Jan 07, 2022
When Toyin started learning internet marketing, he had no computer. Actually, he had nothing. Okay, just his N2,000 ($6) monthly pocket money.

All he had was a CD filled with plenty of free eBooks on internet marketing that he bought for N700 ($2+).

To access the CD, Toyin had to go to a friend of his who owned a computer during the weekend whenever there was power.

Then, he would spend most of his pocket money at the Cybercafé to try out the things he learned from the CD.

At some point, he ran out of money to pay at the Cybercafé, so he activated friendship “707 skill” (a term for digital marketing gurus?). Here is what he did.

He quickly made friends with the top attendants at 2 Cybercafés in school which opened up the door to unlimited free browsing access (awesome?).

If you don’t think that was awesome, then know that it was his only chance to have solved that problem.

Have you ever heard this quote “Where there’s a will there’s a way”? In case you don’t, here is it.

Where there’s a will there’s a way is a proverb that dates to the 1600s.

Even when there was no YouTube as today, Toyin had this one thing “The Will”.

It was from the Cybercafé that he figured out how to do a lot of things.

E.g. In order to use autoresponders, he would go into the HTML of a webpage to figure out what was working and keep testing until he got it.

Keep in mind that the only HTML he knew were the basics he learned from one of the eBooks in the CD. Then he learned how to write decent copy by rewriting some of the copy he saw online.

With a hand from a medical student who was also on the internet, he learned how to design a website using FrontPage also from the cybercafé.

Did I forget to say that the “hand in help” wasn’t free? He actually paid N5,000 (then) for the web design training which lasted for about 5 hours).

As for the rest of his digital marketing strides, he figured them all on his own.

Omotoso had many day-nights. What’s that? Sleepless nights.

In his last Newsletter (before June 13th, 2020), he recalled,

I did this because I am always in pursuit of a better life and I know it won’t just drop on my lap.

A lot of people wait for luck.

Some are always on the lookout for the next EASY thing that will finally be an answer to their money prayers.

In his words,

“There were countless “overnight” browsing sessions. All those “wannabe” yahoo boys always wondered what I was up to.

I spent my 200L, 300L, 400L School fees on adverts that never worked.

I even collected my junior brother’s school fees and spent that one too on adverts. The adverts didn’t work too.

There were no easy PPC ads like Facebook back then where you could spend tiny amounts of money. So, losing a lot of money on ads was easy”.

Still on the “Wheels or Wills?”

He later would encourage his brother to sell his expensive Sagem phone.He did and he used the money to try out a “wonder bank”.

Result? That one also blew up his face – he lost the money.

From 2006 to 2008, Omotoso tried all sorts of things to make money online.

Blogging & AdSense – he made about $78 (I guess un-withdrawable).
Clickbank affiliate – $153
Forum marketing – About N78,000
Info-marketing – About N56,000 (via his job website).
His Parents Reaction or Response?

His parents didn’t understand what he was up to but guess what? They supported him in their own way. How sweet is that?

And the Breakthrough month after many believing years and struggles? 2011.

Toyin made his first N1m online (within a month) in 2011 –

Yeah he did!

Wow..

That's the story of an icon,a legend in the internet marketing space.

What can we say than call him an angel in disguise.w

Sighs.. what a story,i am pretty sure you guys must have learnt one or two..

Make sure you turn on your notification to enjoy stories like this and if you need to get started with affiliate marketing you check my contact details in my signature.

Trust me, you can do it!

© Mbee247

(1) (Reply)

CBN Recruitment Phases / What Would You Do With A Million Naira / Masters In I.t. Or An Mba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.