Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,965 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:31 AM

Gej Visits Bomb Site - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej Visits Bomb Site (6575 Views)

Bindow Jibrilla Visits Bomb Blast Victims, Bans Night Market / Photos: Adamawa State Gov. Visits Bomb Blast Victims, Announces An Indefinite... / GEJ Visits Kano To Sympathise With Boko Haram Attack Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gej Visits Bomb Site by KokoBeware: 3:19pm On Jun 17, 2011
NNigeria’s President Visits Site of Police Headquarters Bombing
Friday, June 17th, 2011 at 2:10 pm UTC
Posted 2 minutes ago

Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan has visited the site of what is believed to be the country's first suicide bombing, which killed a police officer and wounded at least seven other people.

After his inspection Friday, the president urged Nigerians not to panic, saying “terrorist attacks” are affecting countries all over the world.

The radical Islamist group Boko Haram claimed responsibility for Thursday's blast outside Nigeria's national police headquarters in Abuja. The explosion was so powerful that it destroyed more than 30 cars.

Authorities blame the group for a string of deadly attacks in Nigeria's north that have targeted police officers, government officials and other authority figures.

Also Thursday, a bomb went off in Nigeria's northeastern Borno state, killing four children. Police said the children were playing nearby when the bomb went off inside a home in the town of Damboa. There was no immediate claim of responsibility.

http://blogs.voanews.com/breaking-news/2011/06/17/nnigerias-president-visits-site-of-police-headquarters-bombing/
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by snowdrops(m): 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2011
KokoBeware:

NNigeria’s President Visits Site of Police Headquarters Bombing
Friday, June 17th, 2011 at 2:10 pm UTC
Posted 2 minutes ago

Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan has visited the site of what is believed to be the country's first suicide bombing, which killed a police officer and wounded at least seven other people.

After his inspection Friday, [b]the president urged Nigerians not to panic, saying “terrorist attacks” are affecting countries all over the world.[/b]The radical Islamist group Boko Haram claimed responsibility for Thursday's blast outside Nigeria's national police headquarters in Abuja. The explosion was so powerful that it destroyed more than 30 cars.

Authorities blame the group for a string of deadly attacks in Nigeria's north that have targeted police officers, government officials and other authority figures.

Also Thursday, a bomb went off in Nigeria's northeastern Borno state, killing four children. Police said the children were playing nearby when the bomb went off inside a home in the town of Damboa. There was no immediate claim of responsibility.

http://blogs.voanews.com/breaking-news/2011/06/17/nnigerias-president-visits-site-of-police-headquarters-bombing/

is that all you have to tell the nigerian people this weakling of a president. smh.
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by Toonice(m): 4:14pm On Jun 17, 2011
I we always said it that, this man is dull.

We dont want talk we need actions abeg Mr. Presido

Goodluck 4 Jonathan, Badluck to Nigeria.
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by chamber2(m): 4:14pm On Jun 17, 2011
is that all you have to tell the nigerian people this weakling of a president. smh.

what do you expect? Slaughter all the al majiris or maybe bomb the north?
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by chamber2(m): 4:15pm On Jun 17, 2011
I we always said it that, this man is dull.

We dont want talk we need actions abeg Mr. Presido

Goodluck 4 Jonathan, Badluck to Nigeria.

If you were the president what would you have done?Oya tell us.
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by Toonice(m): 4:28pm On Jun 17, 2011
@ chamber2

GEJ have to take some serious step for this type of thing not to reoccur.

Like get those idiot that is behind the bombing arrested. abi them no bi humanbean.

2. dont forget that after God, is Government that is NEXT.

Government have to look 4 solution by all means. Even if need to step on toes.

I rest my case 4 now.
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by DisGuy: 4:32pm On Jun 17, 2011
After his inspection Friday, the president urged Nigerians not to panic, saying “terrorist attacks” are affecting countries all over the world.

Where is that double face palm picture!!
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by Demdem(m): 4:32pm On Jun 17, 2011
1) Must this chap talk at all
2) the chap is even smiling.

na wa oooo

Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by chamber2(m): 4:33pm On Jun 17, 2011
GEJ have to take some serious step for this type of thing not to reoccur.

Like get those  that is behind the bombing arrested. abi them no bi humanbean.

2. dont forget that after God, is Government that  is NEXT.

Government have to look 4 solution by all means. Even if need to step on toes.

I rest my case 4 now.

And you think he knows them? I wonder why it took the US this long to kill Obama with all their technology.These bombers live with us, the citizens. There has to be collaborative efforts.Both the government and the ordinary citizens have roles to play.
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by rebranded(m): 4:34pm On Jun 17, 2011
Another bomb blast swept under the carpet, keeps getting worse until it kills hundreds of pple before our government sees it as serious. RUBBISH!
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by SUV(f): 4:36pm On Jun 17, 2011
I think the response of mr president really beat my imagination.

i was xpecting  We'd get a a long boring speech of how "some bad elements" who "being controlled by demon" will stop at nothing to see Nigeria break apart.  And how me,, Goodluck Ebele Azikwe Babangida junior, have directed the National Security adviser to set up a joint task force consisting of men of the Nigerian navy, aifroce and Army, to fish out these "bad elements" and make them face justice.

"You can be rest assured that i feel every pain you are going through . . .when i was in school, i carried my books on my head and I trekked everyday barefooted from home to school.

His speech is improving!

VISIONLESS AND LILY-LIVERED CEREMONIAL PRESIDENT!
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by YoursGEJ(m): 4:39pm On Jun 17, 2011
Nigerians shouldn't panic. Why? Because it is happening all over the world. That gives a lot of hope. Don't you think so? The US that happens to be the most targeted country for extremists has not recorded a single suicide bombing. Are they not a part of the world? Nigeria is doomed with such an indecisive, lost person as President.
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by rexel99: 4:51pm On Jun 17, 2011
Yours GEJ,:

Nigerians shouldn't panic. Why? Because it is happening all over the world. That gives a lot of hope. Don't you think so? The US that happens to be the most targeted country for extremists has not recorded a single suicide bombing. Are they not a part of the world? Nigeria is doomed with such an indecisive, lost person as President.

No need exposing your ignorance. wat do you call the 9/11 attack on the united states. was dat not a suicide attack.? wat a lost individual u r.
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by dayokanu(m): 4:51pm On Jun 17, 2011
Dis Guy:

Where is that double face palm picture!!

[img]http://static.divbyzero.nl/facepalm/doublefacepalm.jpg[/img]
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by mashnino(m): 4:57pm On Jun 17, 2011
Demdem:

1) Must this chap talk at all
2) the chap is even smiling.

na wa oooo

my guy wetin him go do now, even you d situation go permit mix'd feelins, crious;y dem dey really stree dis guy
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by oderemo(m): 4:59pm On Jun 17, 2011
i wonder y developments in malysia, japan, s/arabia, taiwan etc{ that are affecting countries all over the world} kind of  passed us by.
y.
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by DisGuy: 5:00pm On Jun 17, 2011
dayokanu:

[img]http://static.divbyzero.nl/facepalm/doublefacepalm.jpg[/img]

Your head dey there!!!! correct guy
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by ak47mann(m): 5:09pm On Jun 17, 2011
Nigerian people why blaming our president ? how about former presidents we had what have they done to help the country rather steal as much as you can and leave if our past leaders each of them try a little bit harder not too much cus Nigerians don't really asked for much.With all the corruptions at list they could have put 30% in our infrastructure and securities will be much better with efficiency.You cant compare Nigeria with America people please lets not fool ourselves the different is too much  america they are number 1 super power. We cant even compare ourselves in terms of security and infrastructure,south Africa is way ahead. Nigeria is in a big big trouble,some people are now actually waking up from reality 5 years ago when we saw how suni and Shi'ite Muslims bombing each other in Iraq you never think it will happen in Nigeria sorry terrorist  they have been leaving in Nigeria for the past 50yrs is just that they copy their Muslim brothers in the middle east so boko haram just step up their game simple cool
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by POTUT(m): 5:33pm On Jun 17, 2011
My blood is boiling,

GEJ, please be the president that once took Nigeria down the long, arduous and rewarding road to solutions, not ad hoc, nervous-wreck stopgaps like (random stop & search, obvious statements as speeches and inflated contracts to buy bomb sweepers to be used for 1 week and resold in the black market)
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by Johnpaul2k2(m): 5:43pm On Jun 17, 2011
Muslims (north especially)are the worst people to live with
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by ogorluv(m): 6:05pm On Jun 17, 2011
what beats me is- what in Gods name do they tell someone to make him sacrifice his life in such a useless manner.
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by dayokanu(m): 6:05pm On Jun 17, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

Muslims (north especially)are the worst people to live with

Are they worse than MEND? That kill and kidnap innocents people?
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by Orikinla(m): 6:06pm On Jun 17, 2011
When fools are in power, there will be disaster.
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by fxtopedia(m): 6:06pm On Jun 17, 2011
what do you expect from some who was voted in on sentiment, tribalism, nepotism etc?
FRESH AIR jare
  I dey laugh ooooo
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by fxtopedia(m): 6:09pm On Jun 17, 2011
Orikinla:

When fool weak are in power, there will be disaster.

Seconded but I prefer using the word ''weak''
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by ololo12: 6:11pm On Jun 17, 2011
Solution to the problem,

Split the country problem solved. Its as simple as that.

My 2 cent
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by POTUT(m): 6:13pm On Jun 17, 2011
The north does not want this country to split up. If they wanted it, they would have achieved it by any means. Now that would be a demonstration of strong will.

Where is the will of the south, buried in conscious, capitalist-minded economic desperation?
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by Ikengawo: 6:15pm On Jun 17, 2011
what a stupid thing for him to say
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by lafuria1(m): 6:18pm On Jun 17, 2011
mr president relax o, u stil hv 2years 2 adap and bring out a road map. 4rm 1999 2 date, has d govt prosecuted anybody 4 all d crisis and bombin dat toke place? Nil. So y is dis diff.
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by lafuria1(m): 6:20pm On Jun 17, 2011
mr president relax o, u stil hv 2years 2 adap and bring out a road map. 4rm 1999 2 date,  has d govt prosecuted anybody 4 all d crisis and bombin dat toke place? Nil. So y is dis diff.
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by sley4life(m): 6:24pm On Jun 17, 2011
awful. GEJ should declare state of emergency
Re: Gej Visits Bomb Site by snowdrops(m): 6:26pm On Jun 17, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The MOSSAD Offers To Help Nigeria Tackle Boko Haram / French Ship Impounded Over 8.5m Barrels Oil Theft / INEC To Start Distributing Permanent Voters’ Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.