Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,797 members, 7,798,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State (18568 Views)

Video: We Had S3x For Over Two Hours – Homosexual Mobbed By Vigilantes In Delta / Gunmen Kill 3 Vigilantes In Kaduna, Displace 16 Villages / Malam Niga’s Rehabilitation Centre Kaduna: 147 Victims Rescued (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by cherishmichael: 7:54am On Jan 11, 2022
This news again,is this real or politics?
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by budaatum: 9:30am On Jan 11, 2022
TenQ:

No one has said that ALL Fulani herdsmen are the so called bandits. It only takes a tiny fraction of them hiding unfortunately behind the ordinary herdsmen. Stories we hear is that ........

I guess this is why some call we Nigerians yahoo since some "tiny fraction" of yahoos are Nigerian. Its also why some say we Nigerians are thieves even though most of the Nigerians we know like our mama and papa might never have stolen anything and brought us up to not steal. I, unfortunately can't reason the way of condemning the majority because of a "tiny fraction", especially based on "stories we hear". I know what happens when the Chinese whisper.

Below is the recent "stories we hear" about Fulani's on my own farm. Make sure you read the follow up too.

budaatum:

I met Monday the day I bought my land, far in the bush right by the lake. I'd arranged to meet the land sellers at Owode and there he was, speaking proper English. They'd been chased from their land in Benue and now lived in our semi-abandoned village of Owode which is the last hamlet before my farm.

Monday, who's mother is on my Christmas list, and who has been managing my farm for the past 6 years to fund his own education, is the fulani herdsman that my lazy village people are complaining about.

Yes, Shadeyinka. buda is very extremely megabiased.
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by TenQ: 10:33am On Jan 11, 2022
budaatum:

I guess this is why some call we Nigerians yahoo since some "tiny fraction" of yahoos are Nigerian. Its also why some say we Nigerians are thieves even though most of the Nigerians we know like our mama and papa might never have stolen anything and brought us up to not steal. I, unfortunately can't reason the way of condemning the majority because of a "tiny fraction", especially based on "stories we hear". I know what happens when the Chinese whisper.

Below is the recent "stories we hear" about Fulani's on my own farm. Make sure you read the follow up too.

I've read your post. How can I send you the PDF document. It is highly informative.

Like I told you last year, these Fulani bandits kidnapped a relation of mine. They held her until a randsom in millions were paid. Our experiences are different.

But if you can read up on the document, I will appreciate.
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by shadeyinka(m): 10:52am On Jan 11, 2022
budaatum:

In the deep forest in the South, shade? Like in the deep forest in Ibadan and Enugu?

Perhaps my Yorubaness is clouding my view here, but you are Yoruba too, least going by your name.

Please, where are you from (or live)? How deep is the forest where you are from (or live)?
How can I send a pdf document to you?
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by budaatum: 3:07am On Jan 12, 2022
shadeyinka:
How can I send a pdf document to you?

Upload to dropbox and post a link.
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by budaatum: 3:10am On Jan 12, 2022
TenQ:

I've read your post. How can I send you the PDF document. It is highly informative.

Like I told you last year, these Fulani bandits kidnapped a relation of mine. They held her until a randsom in millions were paid. Our experiences are different.

But if you can read up on the document, I will appreciate.

Where was your relative kidnapped, TenQ?

And what makes you claim they were Fulani bandits?

Since its experience close to you I'd value your responses more than a pdf, but see advice above if you insist.
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by shadeyinka(m): 3:15pm On Jan 12, 2022
budaatum:

Upload to dropbox and post a link.
Thanks
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by TenQ: 5:21pm On Jan 12, 2022
budaatum:

Where was your relative kidnapped, TenQ?

And what makes you claim they were Fulani bandits?

Since its experience close to you I'd value your responses more than a pdf, but see advice above if you insist.
She was in Kaduna working for a farm. She was kidnapped on the road while coming from the market to sell her companies products. She and her workmate were abducted and taken far into the bush. She said they walked none-stop for about 8hours.

She told us that her abductors were Fulani. They spoke Hausa language to them (they were up to 16 in number when she got there) but spoke Fulfude to themselves.

The police asked us to cooperate with them for the Ransome payment. Intact they collected money TWICE! After that first negotiation and payment, the upped their demand. It was terrible. They beat them everyday to force them to cry while they spoke with us. Her hair was scraped to show us they meant business. She was in their camp for about 10 full days.

It's a terrible experience for anyone to face my dear!

I will send you a Dropbox link as soon as ai can upload the documents.
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by budaatum: 8:40pm On Jan 12, 2022
TenQ:

She was in Kaduna working for a farm. She was kidnapped on the road while coming from the market to sell her companies products. She and her workmate were abducted and taken far into the bush. She said they walked none-stop for about 8hours.

She told us that her abductors were Fulani. They spoke Hausa language to them (they were up to 16 in number when she got there) but spoke Fulfude to themselves.

The police asked us to cooperate with them for the Ransome payment. Intact they collected money TWICE! After that first negotiation and payment, the upped their demand. It was terrible. They beat them everyday to force them to cry while they spoke with us. Her hair was scraped to show us they meant business. She was in their camp for about 10 full days.

It's a terrible experience for anyone to face my dear!

I will send you a Dropbox link as soon as ai can upload the documents.

Sorry for your plight, TenQ, but as I said, a "tiny fraction" is no reason to condemn them all.

If I were to become a kidnapper I will learn some Fulfude so that when I kidnap someone in Osun State, they'll be looking for cattle in the North instead of Yoruba me in the South.
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by TenQ: 5:09am On Jan 13, 2022
budaatum:

Sorry for your plight, TenQ, but as I said, a "tiny fraction" is no reason to condemn them all.

If I were to become a kidnapper I will learn some Fulfude so that when I kidnap someone in Osun State, they'll be looking for cattle in the North instead of Yoruba me in the South.
Please have a look at this document. It was part of what was submitted by a coalition of Yoruba organisations at tthe international criminal court.. It contains some graphic videos detailing attrocities committed by those you defend so much. They say
"Eni t'o mo lo kan!"
Once bitten twice shy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kjzpx62w970ob1/21.7.13%20-%20confirmation%20-%20submission%20-%20international%20criminal%20court%20-%20yoruba%20strategy%20alliance.pdf?dl=0

Let me have your views about the document.
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by budaatum: 7:14am On Jan 13, 2022
TenQ:

Please have a look at this document. It was part of what was submitted by a coalition of Yoruba organisations at tthe international criminal court.. It contains some graphic videos detailing attrocities committed by those you defend so much. They say
"Eni t'o mo lo kan!"
Once bitten twice shy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kjzpx62w970ob1/21.7.13%20-%20confirmation%20-%20submission%20-%20international%20criminal%20court%20-%20yoruba%20strategy%20alliance.pdf?dl=0

Let me have your views about the document.

I read part of it despite being put off by the beginning. My opinion of such is expressed in this thread. Hopefully, you know how public sentiment led to genocide in Rwanda

Fact is, quite a lot of what Fulani are being blamed for is done by our very own people, as we found with the gunmen in the East. Fulani may be kidnapping in Kaduna, but dem never yet born the Fulani to come kidnap anyone in the South. Local kidnappers wouldn't put up with the competition for starts, and we know where their cattle is if they dare.

Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by TenQ: 10:38am On Jan 13, 2022
budaatum:

I read part of it despite being put off by the beginning. My opinion of such is expressed in this thread. Hopefully, you know how public sentiment led to genocide in Rwanda

Fact is, quite a lot of what Fulani are being blamed for is done by our very own people, as we found with the gunmen in the East. Fulani may be kidnapping in Kaduna, but dem never yet born the Fulani to come kidnap anyone in the South. Local kidnappers wouldn't put up with the competition for starts, and we know where their cattle is if they dare.
You may be put off by the beginning of the document but please don't throw out the baby with the dirty water. Let's assume that the document was written by an overzealous scribe. It is the evidence presented of the attrocities that I want you to look at. You will arrive at the conclusion of
1. The evidences are doctored and thus mere fabrications
2. The evidences are true but excessively exaggerated
3. The evidences are true but the events did not take place in the SW of Nigeria
4. The evidences look like as presented.

The purpose of me sharing the document is certainly NOT about the IDEOLOGY of the document writers but of the EVIDENCES provided.

Waiting for your comments!
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by budaatum: 5:54pm On Jan 13, 2022
TenQ:

You may be put off by the beginning of the document but please don't throw out the baby with the dirty water. Let's assume that the document was written by an overzealous scribe.

Not only overzealous, but devious too. And I am delighted you noticed. If you've been here long you'd have seen posts from Congo presented as Nigeria, and posts of atrocities that had nothing to do with Fulanis blamed on Fulanis and so on. Most people quickly believe but more evidence often reveals the lies.

Please know that buda has an error in design that makes buda not believe. If buda believed, so called Fulani Monday would not be successfully managing buda's farm in the Orolu Kingdom of Ifon Osun.

1 Like

Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by TenQ: 7:34pm On Jan 13, 2022
budaatum:

Not only overzealous, but devious too. And I am delighted you noticed. If you've been here long you'd have seen posts from Congo presented as Nigeria, and posts of atrocities that had nothing to do with Fulanis blamed on Fulanis and so on. Most people quickly believe but more evidence often reveals the lies.

Please know that buda has an error in design that makes buda not believe. If buda believed, so called Fulani Monday would not be successfully managing buda's farm in the Orolu Kingdom of Ifon Osun.
You've not told me your impressions about the embedded videos, picture and information about the attrocities committed in the south-west as detailed by the document.

Do you think they are fabrications?
If they are fabrications, let's know your REASONS!

1 Like

Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by budaatum: 11:49pm On Jan 14, 2022
TenQ:

You've not told me your impressions about the embedded videos, picture and information about the attrocities committed in the south-west as detailed by the document.

Do you think they are fabrications?
If they are fabrications, let's know your REASONS!

I do not have sufficient information to determine their validity or not. Such things have been presented in the past and found to be false or did not happen where they claim.

What I do know is it would be very difficult for cattle herders to be kidnapping anyone in the South of Nigeria. If they were cattle herders they would have cattle, which no one has shown any bandit or kidnapper has.

Nigeria does have criminals, and even from across our porous borders. If I were staying in say Congo, Nigeria would be the place to go and rob people. And if you have ever seen the swarm of uneducated almanjeris in parts of the North you wouldn't claim Fulani Cattle herders are the culprits. Unless you see their cattle of course, which the document you posted missed out.
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by pointblank247(m): 6:48am On Jan 15, 2022
Zamfara was the first state to invite terrorism by introducing Sharia law ?

RIP to the innocent dead
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by TenQ: 10:48am On Jan 15, 2022
budaatum:

I do not have sufficient information to determine their validity or not. Such things have been presented in the past and found to be false or did not happen where they claim.

What I do know is it would be very difficult for cattle herders to be kidnapping anyone in the South of Nigeria. If they were cattle herders they would have cattle, which no one has shown any bandit or kidnapper has.

Nigeria does have criminals, and even from across our porous borders. If I were staying in say Congo, Nigeria would be the place to go and rob people. And if you have ever seen the swarm of uneducated almanjeris in parts of the North you wouldn't claim Fulani Cattle herders are the culprits. Unless you see their cattle of course, which the document you posted missed out.

It certainly means that you are
1. Overly biased against the truth and NOTHING will convince you unless such event befall you DIRECTLY
2. The truth doesn't matter as your mind is made up.

It won't matter for me to ask you to check the mode of dressing. It won't matter if I ask you to check the style of building and vegetation around. It wouldn't matter if names were presented.

To these points above, no argument, fact, truth or evidence will suffice as human minds are stronger than steel.
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by budaatum: 11:32am On Jan 15, 2022
Its the truth for you, TenQ, and you believe it. I have not found it to be true, and I do not believe things just because someone wrote it. You are however very welcome to your opinion about buda. I'm sure you believe its the truth too even though you obviously made it up in your own head.

TenQ:

It certainly means that you are
1. Overly biased against the truth and NOTHING will convince you unless such event befall you DIRECTLY
2. The truth doesn't matter as your mind is made up.

It won't matter for me to ask you to check the mode of dressing. It won't matter if I ask you to check the style of building and vegetation around. It wouldn't matter if names were presented.

To these points above, no argument, fact, truth or evidence will suffice as human minds are stronger than steel.
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by TenQ: 11:45am On Jan 15, 2022
budaatum:
Its the truth for you, TenQ, and you believe it. I have not found it to be true, and I do not believe things just because someone wrote it. You are however very welcome to your opinion about buda. I'm sure you believe its the truth too even though you obviously made it up in your own head.

I hear you. The information is made up in my head!?
Including the headline of the OP?
Including my relations kidnapping?

Like I said:
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by budaatum: 12:35pm On Jan 15, 2022
TenQ:

I hear you. The information is made up in my head!?
Including the headline of the OP?
Including my relations kidnapping?

Like I said:

Nice goal shift. The argument is not whether your relation's kidnapping or the op headline is true. What's in contention is your general sweep from what you yourself described as a "few tiny instances", to a general condemnation of whole ethnic group!

Its similar to claiming all Nigerians are thieves because some or even a lot of Nigerians might be thieves. We all know all Nigerians are not thieves, just as all Fulanis do not herd cattle or are bandits, nor are they solely responsible for the atrocities you insist on believing they have committed.

Read up on Genocide in Rwanda. It might show you where such unreasoning leads.
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by TenQ: 3:06pm On Jan 15, 2022
budaatum:

Nice goal shift. The argument is not whether your relation's kidnapping or the op headline is true. What's in contention is your general sweep from what you yourself described as a "few tiny instances", to a general condemnation of whole ethnic group!

Its similar to claiming all Nigerians are thieves because some or even a lot of Nigerians might be thieves. We all know all Nigerians are not thieves, just as all Fulanis do not herd cattle or are bandits, nor are they solely responsible for the atrocities you insist on believing they have committed.

Read up on Genocide in Rwanda. It might show you where such unreasoning leads.
Even though I have clarified a million times that it is NOT about demonizing the Fulani people but everytime, that's what you hear me say.

The question is, Who are these people called bandits?
What every evidence tell us is that
1. They are Fulanis
2. They are herdsmen (with or without cattles)

They are a special class of the criminals disturbing us in this nation.
But like I said:
To these points earlier said, no argument, fact, truth or evidence will suffice as human minds are stronger than steel.
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by budaatum: 4:41pm On Jan 16, 2022
TenQ:

Even though I have clarified a million times that it is NOT about demonizing the Fulani people but everytime, that's what you hear me say.

The question is, Who are these people called bandits?
What every evidence tell us is that
1. They are Fulanis
2. They are herdsmen (with or without cattles).

But you are demonizing Fulanis! You claim "evidence" and "facts" when you mean 'hearsay', and you insist the bandits are Fulani despite no real evidence to prove they are.

Nigeria does not adequately investigate these things, and when one local fool yells Fulani, everyone yells Fulani.

If I were so stupid, poor Fulani Monday!
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by TenQ: 4:56pm On Jan 16, 2022
budaatum:

But you are demonizing Fulanis! You claim "evidence" and "facts" when you mean 'hearsay', and you insist the bandits are Fulani despite no real evidence to prove they are.

Nigeria does not adequately investigate these things, and when one local fool yells Fulani, everyone yells Fulani.

If I were so stupid, poor Fulani Monday!
Yesterday, a Nigerian was caught by the news synthesising hard drugs using a pressure cooker in India.

https://www.nairaland.com/6940454/nigerian-man-arrested-india-making

I guess that this news is tantamount to Demonizing Nigerians.
Do you truely think so?
Do you also feel so?
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by Kyari79(m): 5:26pm On Jan 16, 2022
That is hw its happen every day even here in the president's state, we peoples in the side are tired of complaining
So we need your prayers all.
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by Kyari79(m): 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2022
No at all , its really because they are our neighbours, it happend about three weeks ago .
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by budaatum: 7:38pm On Jan 16, 2022
TenQ:

Yesterday, a Nigerian was caught by the news synthesising hard drugs using a pressure cooker in India.

https://www.nairaland.com/6940454/nigerian-man-arrested-india-making

I guess that this news is tantamount to Demonizing Nigerians.
Do you truely think so?
Do you also feel so?

I do not guess. I'm not the sort who guesses up tantamounts in their heads and believe it is the truth then allow it to prejudice what they think or feel.

I see no reason to think that news demonizes Nigerians nor do I feel it does.
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by budaatum: 7:40pm On Jan 16, 2022
Kyari79:
That is hw its happen every day even here in the president's state, we peoples in the side are tired of complaining
So we need your prayers all.

Enlighten us. Daura is in Katsina State. Post us some news links please.
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by TenQ: 8:05pm On Jan 16, 2022
budaatum:

I do not guess. I'm not the sort who guesses up tantamounts in their heads and believe it is the truth then allow it to prejudice what they think or feel.

I see no reason to think that news demonizes Nigerians nor do I feel it does.
But the guy in question is a NIGERIAN isn't it?
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by budaatum: 8:17pm On Jan 16, 2022
TenQ:

But the guy in question is a NIGERIAN isn't it?

So? Does one news about Nigerians demonize Nigerians, like your "tiny news" about Fulanis demonizes Fulani? TenQ! Are you guessing buda reasons like you do?

I so wish we resolve this. Then perhaps we might consider the effect demonizing has on ones perception.

P.s. And know I appreciate your time and effort.
Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by TenQ: 8:27pm On Jan 16, 2022
budaatum:

So? Does one news about Nigerians demonize Nigerians, like your "tiny news" about Fulanis demonizes Fulani? TenQ! Are you guessing buda reasons like you do?

I so wish we resolve this. Then perhaps we might consider the effect demonizing has on ones perception.

P.s. And know I appreciate your time and effort.
No problem!
Have a beautiful week ahead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bandits Kill 147 Vigilantes In Anka, Zamfara State by Kyari79(m): 6:43pm On Jan 17, 2022
My brother , they use to write letter to a village to gather them some money so that they may not come and kill them if not the village will be eradicated .
I am from katsina state so i will continue telling you wht & hw are we facing insecurity condition in presidents state, idiot of him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Steals Phones During Prayer Session In Church / Lady Narrates How She Was Extorted And Sexually Harassed By SARS In Rivers State / Lecturer Arrested For Forging Statement Of Result For NIPOST Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.