Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Benin City - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Benin City (3245 Views)

Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State / King's Square,Benin City / Is This Benin City? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benin City by snowdrops(m): 7:54pm On Jun 17, 2011
Re: Benin City by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 17, 2011
Very interesting video / documentary. I spent a lot of my childhood in Benin-City, so can relate to the scenes shown. I miss Benin, as it was then! sad
Re: Benin City by snowdrops(m): 11:14pm On Jun 17, 2011
we all do. the town forms a large part of my childhood and i take those memories with me whereever i go.
Re: Benin City by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jun 17, 2011
snowdrops:

we all do. the town forms a large part of my childhood and i take those memories with me whereever i go.

That's the spirit. I'm not an Edo, but loved the ancient City of Benin.
cool
Re: Benin City by claremont(m): 6:26pm On Jun 18, 2011
I'm proud to be a thoroughbred Edo man, a son of the red soil of the ancient Benin kingdom
The worst thing a man can do is to forget his roots.
Re: Benin City by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 18, 2011
claremont:

I'm proud to be a thoroughbred Edo man, a son of the red soil of the ancient Benin kingdom
The worst thing a man can do is to forget his roots.

Very true bro. cool
Re: Benin City by snowdrops(m): 8:47pm On Jun 18, 2011
there is really no place like home

east or west, north or south
Re: Benin City by shakers(m): 9:00pm On Jun 18, 2011
hmmm though i am in Nigeria but after seeing this video, i want to visit home (benin city) again lol, No place like home
ivbiedo kpataki, wakoyo oooo
lol
Re: Benin City by chelseabmw(m): 12:30am On Jun 19, 2011
A confirmed Edo Man. . . . . Am proud to be an Edo Man grin
Re: Benin City by snowdrops(m): 12:42am On Jun 19, 2011
shakers:

hmmm though i am in Nigeria but after seeing this video, i want to visit home (benin city) again lol, No place like home
ivbiedo kpataki, wakoyo oooo
lol
koyo o`te vben
Re: Benin City by snowdrops(m): 12:43am On Jun 19, 2011
chelseabmw:

A confirmed Edo Man. . . . . Am proud to be an Edo Man grin
weldone man. keep it up.
Re: Benin City by Tonim(f): 1:46am On Jun 19, 2011
Good mooooooriiiing ma grin grin grin grin grin

Thanks for the clip.
Re: Benin City by kabukabu50(m): 6:25am On Jun 19, 2011
Nice vid.Ring Road has not changed one bit,but the Oba's palace looks like it needs renovation,it actually looks shabbier than I remember it.You could have at least taken the lady to some other nice parts of Benin though like GRA,Airport Rd,Saidi center or the Ranch(if it still exists,lol). grin grin
Re: Benin City by shakers(m): 7:46am On Jun 19, 2011
kabukabu50:

Nice vid.Ring Road has not changed one bit,but the Oba's palace looks like it needs renovation,it actually looks shabbier than I remember it.You could have at least taken the lady to some other nice parts of Benin though like GRA,Airport Rd,Saidi center or the Ranch(if it still exists,lol). grin grin
my broda the ring road has changed very well, if you take a closer look you will see the roads and gutters have been done and no much street trading and the beautiful flowers , thanks to the comrade govt, , and those places you dey call so don expire a long time ago, no one goes to saidi centre again oh, its like its been long you left benin lol, there are more better places now ,
Re: Benin City by claremont(m): 10:45am On Jun 19, 2011
e get one live band open air night club wey dey just off Ring road, towards Airport road/GRA side. Guys, I visited there a couple of times @ night the last time I dey 9ja, their girls hooooooooooooooooooot grin grin grin!!! See sweet gals mehn for 4k a night only, I chop and quench grin. I don forget the name of the night club, but I will recommend it for anybody.
Re: Benin City by snowdrops(m): 11:59am On Jun 19, 2011
Well you obviously had a nice time. But not every one here patronises sluts u know.
Re: Benin City by snowdrops(m): 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2011
kabukabu50:

bros no be my wife o. I wish lol.
Re: Benin City by shanda(m): 2:41pm On Jun 19, 2011
I'm part Edo through my mum and part Yoruba. I'm very proud of my Edo connection.
Re: Benin City by chelseabmw(m): 2:22am On Jun 20, 2011
claremont:

e get one live band open air night club wey dey just off Ring road, towards Airport road/GRA side. Guys, I visited there a couple of times @ night the last time I dey 9ja, their girls hooooooooooooooooooot grin grin grin!!! See sweet gals mehn for 4k a night only, I chop and quench grin. I don forget the name of the night club, but I will recommend it for anybody.
The name of the bar is TIME OUT
Re: Benin City by claremont(m): 7:07am On Jun 20, 2011
chelseabmw:

The name of the bar is [color=#000099][b]TIME OUT[/b][/color]
yeah it could be; it is a nice place though at a good price, and gives an opportunity to mingle with loads of university girls who are just looking for a quick buck.
Re: Benin City by snowdrops(m): 1:51pm On Jun 20, 2011
chelseabmw:

The name of the bar is TIME OUT
if its just off ring road, i doubt if it is time out. time out is at ihama road junction of airport road.
Re: Benin City by snowdrops(m): 1:52pm On Jun 20, 2011
claremont:

yeah it could be; it is a nice place though at a good price, and gives an opportunity to mingle with loads of university girls who are just looking for a quick buck.
are you sure they are in university? many of them lie, and raise their status just to up the price cheesy
Re: Benin City by shakers(m): 2:00pm On Jun 20, 2011
snowdrops:

are you sure they are in university? many of them lie, and raise their status just to up the price cheesy
hmmm e be like say you self dey enter there wella oh lol no big deal sha, just kidding
Re: Benin City by honeric01(m): 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2011
My Benin, I love benin but can't live there, maybe only to visit
Re: Benin City by snowdrops(m): 4:18pm On Jun 20, 2011
shakers:

hmmm e be like say you self dey enter there wella oh lol no big deal sha, just kidding
make i no talk lie; i dey go there when i dey benin; loads of fun, nice food and drink. but i no touch any ashie. in this era of HIV? TUFIAKWA grin the place be like market for night. so better to go daytime.
Re: Benin City by claremont(m): 4:38pm On Jun 20, 2011
snowdrops:

make i no talk lie; i dey go there when i dey benin; loads of fun, nice food and drink. but i no touch any ashie. in this era of HIV? TUFIAKWA grin the place be like market for night. so better to go daytime.
Me sef no touch any ashie for there, all the girls I "drill" tell me say na Igbinedion university student dem be grin
Re: Benin City by snowdrops(m): 5:51pm On Jun 20, 2011
;d ;d ;d
Re: Benin City by chelseabmw(m): 3:58am On Jun 21, 2011
snowdrops:

if its just off ring road, i doubt if it is time out. time out is at ihama road junction of airport road.

Yes it is. . . .from ring road to airport then iyama junction. . . . . .u r a Badt Guy

(1) (Reply)

Jakpa: Nurse Sister Now Stuck . Help ! / I Have Been Given 250k To Travel Should I Invest It Here Or Travel Out To Uk / How To Get The Nigeria Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.