Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost (5455 Views)

Neatly Used Volvo S70 (2000 Model) - N400k (SOLD!!!) / Volvo S70 1999 Auto (Full Option)- SOLD!!!! / Neatly used Volvo S70 (2000 Model) N520k(negotiable) cal 08032914030 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by viperman: 12:03pm On Jul 30, 2007
Who has an idea on how the tokunbo of this car costs in Nigeria now?
The picture of the car is below

Anyone
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by Nurudeena: 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2007
My uncle brought in 1 yr 2006,he bought in florida at cost of $2800 and clear it in naija with #195,000,so the total cost off all the exp dat brought d car to naija then was close to 600k.
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by Seun(m): 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2007
Imagine paying 30% of the cost of a car to customs. And yet we wonder why we are not developing so fast.

1 Like

Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by sultaan(m): 5:59pm On Jul 30, 2007
What! just 30%
I have a friend who sent a 2000 honda passport to naija, and they collected N400,000 and now they want extra N85,000 for demurrage.He bought the truck for $3200.
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by viperman: 8:55am On Jul 31, 2007
Customs are just useless.
Is that not where former Vice preseident, atiku, made his money.
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by ssRhino: 2:13pm On Aug 01, 2007
Sultan, you cant blame the port for charging for your container or teh car overstaying at the port, however, while i sympatize that what they charge is stupendious too much, i will also admit that we still have it good in nigeria, go to ghana and you will see how much they charge in clearing the vehicles, I would rather love to see teh govt to allow vehicles of 10 years old into the nation, that will fetch nija more money and give people more rest of mind for doing buz
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by sultaan(m): 6:01pm On Aug 01, 2007
Demmurage was caused by the strike but have you cheked the Nigerian website for any information?

The Nigerian customs have a website which is now down. Shouldn't there be a document on restrictions and duties payable to Government on the web so that investors and shippers can creat a budget for their venture?

Here is one from Ghana
http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/economy/cars_duty.php

Go through the rest of their website and see if you can get 5% of information available from Ghanian govt from the Nigerian site.
Nigeria is now extorting from Nigerians trying to bring wealth back into their homeland by holding their assets hostage with threat of confistication.

With the new guestworker program proposed by Bush a Mexican will take all his stuff bak to his family but if a Nigerian decides to do that imagine paying $4000 for one truck, and 000's more for his other belongings. How are Nigerians going to bring back wealth when they will be robbed at gunpoint at the ports by "Nigerian authorities".

Millions of $s is ent off to western banks daily and they think individauls bringing back technology not available in Nigeria are damaging the economy instead of promoting made(assembled) in Nigeria cars
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by ssRhino: 2:19pm On Aug 02, 2007
Sultaan
I do agree with you that nigeria has a long way to go, we have so much to do to allow people to come back to nigeria and maybe do buz in nigeria, a late clearing caused due to the strike, i so much blv they shuold be able to do something about it, the govt shuold make sure that people are not made to pay such charges, but i guess the govt is just trying to use that to punish people cos they never told people to go on strike, however, i feel ya pain.
Nigeria need better way to give information, i have called teh embassy in canada once to find out if i can get info on how much it will cost me to clear vehicles in nigeria, firstly, they are hardly around, secondly, they have no clue how much it will cost, no information, nothing, so we are informational poor when it comes to anything, but i blv, once day, maybe not in our generations, it will be better
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by viperman: 2:35pm On Aug 02, 2007
errm, both of you, can you guys kindly debate somewhere else.
I am trying to sell something here and you guys are having a tea and biscuit discussion over it grin
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by ssRhino: 4:22pm On Aug 02, 2007
Viperman, i feel you, i think i like ur salesmanship spirit, and u sound like a kinda guy that i will like to halla when i ship me next container to nigeria.
Would you advice to send 3 Sienna in oone container, good prices, how long will it take you to sell
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by viperman: 8:02pm On Aug 02, 2007
It could take a week to a month to sell a car. It always depends on your on-ground clients.
If i have people who are desperately in need of a particular car, and the sellers price is right; it could be sold in a matter of days.
You know these vans aren't the in-thing in nigeria now unlike the honda bullet/bulldog/babyboy and camry 1999/2000; but if your van prices are right you could deal them off to some dealer friends of mine.
mail me on lexfrosty@yahoo.com lets talk wink
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by ssRhino: 11:07pm On Aug 02, 2007
Viperman, i am not too used to these terms, could you please talk in a layman's term, i am used to the year of the car, so what is accord babyboy, i know cars by their years
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by viperman: 11:20am On Aug 03, 2007
Sorry rhino,

Honda accord babyboy is this 1998-2001 model
http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/bm/98-01accord.htm

The bulldog is the 1996 model which you can see here
http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/jc/94-97accord.htm

The bullet is this 1995 euro version

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Honda_Accord_1995.jpg
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by ssRhino: 11:47am On Aug 03, 2007
viperman
how much are the 1998 - 2001 model going for in nigeria as well as the 1996 model, or better still how much could u sell them for
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by viperman: 8:30pm On Aug 03, 2007
Can we have this discussion via email?
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by ssRhino: 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2007
Viperman, leave me with ur mail add and i will hit you up
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by sultaan(m): 3:24am On Aug 06, 2007
The S70 is a reliable car, but care is expensive because it is considered a luxurious car. Parts should be available from US if the owner know what should be serviced.
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by ssRhino: 11:22pm On Aug 07, 2007
Viperman, i am still waiting for your mail add,
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by viperman: 10:52am On Aug 08, 2007
Sorry jare, totally forgot about this. Here it is: lexfrosty@yahoo.com

Kindly copy it asap as i will remove the email by end of day today cuz of spammers grin
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by ssRhino: 11:51am On Aug 08, 2007
I am yet to get the mail, rememeber the time difference, aiight, here is my mail addy musa1001@gmail.com, u cld holla me
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by viperman: 2:49pm On Aug 08, 2007
Ok mailed ya.
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by Ivvie: 4:46pm On Aug 11, 2007
Viperman,

Can you post the image of the front?  I can't see the grill.  Also, the rear and a picture of the engine bay.  There are 4 models to this vehicle and I supose that is A-Spec.   The price will differ.  From what I can see I assume it's a light-pressured GLT.  This isn't a T5, T5's were equipped with 17 inch wheels and what you have is a 15 to 16 inch wheel. 

I bought mine in '05 including taxes and registration, dealer fee for approx. $13,000 but fully loaded and no engine throttle management.  It was driven for only two years when I got it.  Mos' defin., it has depreciated.  Post as much pictures as you can.  Check to see if the tenshioner is hydraulic or mechanical (it's a huge difference). I can see some IPD modification (except it isn't A-spec). The previous owner must have been a fan.   I'll give you the US market range and you'll conclude yourself.
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by superman(m): 11:10pm On Aug 11, 2007
so what the s70 volvo cost then 8 to 7 yrs down viper pls lets me know, i know its a bit expensive i guess
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by viperman: 9:01am On Aug 13, 2007
This is the car itself

rear

front
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by Ivvie: 11:58pm On Aug 15, 2007
Thanks you Viperman

Dealers price (Demontrond Volvo) has a T5 for the price of $7900. It's a blue mark Volvo (like the pic shown) with 67,000 miles on it but isn't an SE. GLT's would cost a few hundreds cheaper. I have no word on the non-turbo model.
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by ell77(f): 12:49am On Aug 16, 2007
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by viperman: 12:33pm On Aug 16, 2007
Ivvie it's actually for sale. smiley
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by Ivvie: 9:53am On Aug 17, 2007
Viperman,

Thanks, I have one and it's SE and stone-black in colour. Suspension's been customised, brakes and some service job on the ESP. I will revamp it's exhaust system with twin-log exhausts with a 3" down pipe. It's a fun car to drive (even without modifications) and more comfortable than a Mercedes. I wish you grace on your sale.
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by viperman: 11:44am On Aug 17, 2007
Ivvie:

Viperman,

Thanks, I have one and it's SE and stone-black in colour. Suspension's been customised, brakes and some service job on the ESP. I will revamp it's exhaust system with twin-log exhausts with a 3" down pipe. It's a fun car to drive (even without modifications) and more comfortable than a Mercedes. I wish you grace on your sale.
Thanks a lot. smiley
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by Ivvie: 10:32pm On Aug 17, 2007
V'man, you are welcome and the pleasure is all yours.
Re: Volvo S70: How Much Does It Cost by olanshi: 11:31am On May 04, 2011
Im looking for a Lagos cleared clean tokunbo Volvo S70 for my customer, if you have one call me up on 08028849078.

(1) (Reply)

2007 Honda Civic (tokunboh) - N1.75m (SOLD) / TRUCK MERCEDES TIPPER DUMP 2624 FOR SALE / Super Clean Toks Rx 350 07 @ 3.3m 08061311315 08028612026

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.