Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center (7426 Views)

Common Toilet Disease : Symptoms And Prevention / Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention / Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by cold(m): 9:01am On Jun 20, 2011
Well,well,well.While I have my reservations about these so-called Men of God & their 'milking the flock strategy' I dare say this is laudable & worthy of commendation.Now let's wait for the cost
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by badpeople: 9:03am On Jun 20, 2011
Adeboye?? bussines as usual, go there and confirm thier bills, like the university he has, how much is the school fees? very expensive, we poor peolpe they will never like us, one day go be one day, JAH is wacthing
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by luluosas(m): 9:19am On Jun 20, 2011
Nigerians, why are we always ready to attack anybody that tries to make a difference positively? When pastors buy air planes, we complain. When churches builds private schools, we complain. When pastors are rated among the rich, we complain. Haba! What is wrong with us?

Now, as for the Cancer Center, this is a welcome development by Pastor Adeboye and the entire RCCG. At least, if churches are now providing what Government fails to provide her citizenry, they should be commended.
If Babangida and Oshiomhole has built any Cancer screening and treatment center in Nigeria before now, I don't think they would have loose their wives to Cancer.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by lucabraski(f): 9:27am On Jun 20, 2011
Not impressed at all. Same way they made noise about building schools, universities and so on, to make life easier for all, abeg NLders, how many of una fit afford to send ur kids to these schools? Poor people go fit afford to go dis center so? Is this not another outfit for only the rich in Naija?

"Men of God, make una try and do free thing for the poor. After all our lord almighty came to this world just for them.!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by omodapson(m): 9:28am On Jun 20, 2011
in this life, there ain't anything you do, whether good or bad that people won't be negative about. Imagine a good gesture getting all the stupid rants. I wonder if some people still have working brains.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by MMM2(m): 9:43am On Jun 20, 2011
d handwork of GOD.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by binoe: 9:59am On Jun 20, 2011
pleasing everyone is one mission no one can achieve

Excellent development by RCCG.

why d hell do people think things should be free- pls get out of this poverty / entitlement mentality- u can never achieve much in life with it.

tell me where in the world quality education is cheap

i will never subscribe to the service being free- it should be affordable and have the capacity to sustain itself .
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by iz2much: 10:02am On Jun 20, 2011
ikeobidi:

A fool says in his heart, "There is no God"
Nothing wey persen go do to please man. when one man dey buy private jet una halla. now another one dey build clinic wey pple go go una still dey parraaa. God oo, human beinggg.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by Topeby: 10:05am On Jun 20, 2011
This is the kind of things we are expecting from pastors. I also know that every year Pastor Adeboye donates N50million to university especially to the Mathematics dept for research. He has given to Univ of Ibadan and Univ of Lagos. This year he gave N100million to Univ of Nigeria Nsukka. I believe when pastors make money they suppose to regularly give to the society. Not just accumulating houses, cars to themselves. As they give towards God's work, they should likewise give to the society.

I don't think it is good enough to tell members to give their best to God while the pastor is giving his best in acquiring personal luxuries, houses, cars e.t.c. Give generously to God's work and give bountifully to the society. THIS IS GENUINE SERVICE.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by Avalani(m): 10:09am On Jun 20, 2011
My main concern with this post isn't with a pastor (or more correctly, a church) building a hospital. Rather, it is with the subject title: "Pastor Adeboye builds 100m, blah blah". How did Pastor Adeboye earn 100m in the first place? It really isn't enough to build a hospital if at the end of the day you take all the glory for it. A humble and honest person will distance his personal name from such accomplishments seeing that it wasn't his personal money that achieved it, but rather church offerings, tithes, vows, and gifts. Even if Pastor Adeboye somehow managed to earn 100m (without the canopy of the church, which -mind you- doesn't belong to him or his family), shouldn't he or his members learn from the bible who teaches us to give in secret so that we can blessed by God who sees in the secret. The Bible advises that the left hand shouldn't see what the right hand gives or sth like that. Why publicize it? There are people building hospitals and schools all over the world with their own money, yet they stay anonymous.

Yet, what do we get today, people using God's money for all sorts of things, from selfish private jets, through money-making schools, to charitable hospitals, BUT taking all the glory by attaching their names to such.

Would it hurt (or cost so much) if we gave in secret?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by femmy2010(m): 10:19am On Jun 20, 2011
This is great.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by Sookie(f): 10:24am On Jun 20, 2011
God Bless this philantropist. Cancer is becoming a big killer especially of women because of the lack of early diagnosis. This is a step in the right direction.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by snthesis(m): 10:34am On Jun 20, 2011
Avalani:

My main concern with this post isn't with a pastor (or more correctly, a church) building a hospital. Rather, it is with the subject title: "Pastor Adeboye builds 100m, blah blah". How did Pastor Adeboye earn 100m in the first place?
i guess he shud hav bought a private jet instead tongue
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by Guk: 10:35am On Jun 20, 2011
For the benefit of the uninformed, the Centre was conceived and put in place by a collection of RCCG Parishes under the Umbrella called "RCCG Apapa Family". Pastor Adeboye was merely invited to dedicate and declare the place open.

The background to this: On staurday the 8th day of January 2011, Pastor Adeboye addressed all RCCG pastors who were present at a meeting (Thousands were there) & asked them to go back to their respective communities they were located in and implement projects that will impact each community as a way of tocuhing the communities positively. This is just one of the many that has come out of that meeting within half a year.

Please also be aware that the "RCCG Apapa Family" has been feeding the poor free of chargeall over lagos for nothing less than 10 years through a medium called "A Can Can Make A Difference" The soup kitchen is off Barracks Tejuosho road Stadium Surulere. Volunteers are always needed. Give up some internet time & go help out. You can also google what other church missions and NGOs are doing to positively impact peoples live & sign up. The Lord shall ask you what you did in future
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by dabraska: 10:51am On Jun 20, 2011
rhymz:

I am more concerned if it is free or another business venture. I have lost respect for a lot of these MOGs, it will take a while for me to go to church again cos it seems "men of God" these days are as vane as the people they preach to. Everything to them these days is business, charity is usually pittance but the ones that will involve large chunk of cash is no charity, so much talk about giving your widow's might.
Until I confirm that whatever it is they do there is free of Charge, I will just siddon dey look them as dem dey decieve their very dumb congregations.  
9dynasty:

then read your bible in your parlor and stop whining stop quoting "men of GOD"u're a complete waste of bandwidth and of course AIR and living space.

lwkmd grin grin grin grin u hv hit d nail on d head, nice 1!
Avalani:

My main concern with this post isn't with a pastor (or more correctly, a church) building a hospital. Rather, it is with the subject title: "Pastor Adeboye builds 100m,  blah blah". How did Pastor Adeboye earn 100m in the first place? It really isn't enough to build a hospital if at the end of the day you take all the glory for it. A humble and honest person will distance his personal name from such accomplishments seeing that it wasn't his personal money that achieved it, but rather church offerings, tithes, vows, and gifts. Even if Pastor Adeboye somehow managed to earn 100m (without the canopy of the church, which -mind you- doesn't belong to him or his family), shouldn't he or his members learn from the bible who teaches us to give in secret so that we can blessed by God who sees in the secret. The Bible advises that the left hand shouldn't see what the right hand gives or sth like that. Why publicize it? There are people building hospitals and schools all over the world with their own money, yet they stay anonymous.

Yet, what do we get today, people using God's money for all sorts of things, from selfish private jets, through money-making schools, to charitable hospitals, BUT taking all the glory by attaching their names to such.

u r also a complete waste of bandwidth nd AIR and space, mscheww
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by omo9ja1(m): 11:11am On Jun 20, 2011
I think this good development kudos to RCCG

Alot well known people have died due to cancer in Nigeria, so I think I saw the advert during the december Holy Ghost Congress online then there was discount for women.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by DeepSoul(f): 11:15am On Jun 20, 2011
Why should it be free?
THe best they can and should do is offer the services at a minimum cost.

I.e Use a pricing strategy that'll be enough to cover its maintenance and overhead costs.
That way, the project becomes sustainable.

Awoof dey run belle
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by Hardeyorlah(f): 11:31am On Jun 20, 2011
Pastor Adeboye have set d pace,let odas follow
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 20, 2011
CHEAP PR
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by DeepSoul(f): 11:47am On Jun 20, 2011
Hardeyorlah:

Pastor Adeboye have set d pace,let odas follow

HAS!!

HAS!!

HAS!! angry angry angry
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by mekaboy(m): 11:51am On Jun 20, 2011

EVIL BRAIN, DON'T BE STUPID. THE DRUGS YOU GIVE TO SICK PEOPLE IN THE HOSPITAL WHERE ARE THEY FROM ? ARE THEY NOT FROM PLANTS THAT ARE CREATED BY GOD? MOST TIMES IN THE BIBLE, THOSE THAT JESUS HEALED ARE THOSE WHO THE DOCTORS COULD NOT TREAT. SO WHERE THE STRENGTH OF MAN STOPS THAT IS WHERE HIS BEGIN.

Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by mallorca(m): 11:52am On Jun 20, 2011
Good news
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by dustydee: 1:12pm On Jun 20, 2011
Good move, may God continue to bless him.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by Sibe007(m): 1:20pm On Jun 20, 2011
Avalani:

My main concern with this post isn't with a pastor (or more correctly, a church) building a hospital. Rather, it is with the subject title: "Pastor Adeboye builds 100m, blah blah". How did Pastor Adeboye earn 100m in the first place? It really isn't enough to build a hospital if at the end of the day you take all the glory for it. A humble and honest person will distance his personal name from such accomplishments seeing that it wasn't his personal money that achieved it, but rather church offerings, tithes, vows, and gifts. Even if Pastor Adeboye somehow managed to earn 100m (without the canopy of the church, which -mind you- doesn't belong to him or his family), shouldn't he or his members learn from the bible who teaches us to give in secret so that we can blessed by God who sees in the secret. The Bible advises that the left hand shouldn't see what the right hand gives or sth like that. Why publicize it? There are people building hospitals and schools all over the world with their own money, yet they stay anonymous.

SECRET?? How Didn't Jesus say that whatever is done secret shall be brought to the Open,

Besides is it The Pastor that Started this Thread on Nairaland?,

Ppl say whatever they want to say these days
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by OmoTier1(m): 1:45pm On Jun 20, 2011
Funny how the devil can't keep his tail locked in! Some of the comments posted here are weird, I mean really weird!!

RCCG has done well! A life, and many more will be saved by this good project.

I was also impressed when I read about the modern rehabilitation center built at PH by Inner City Mission, who I learnt is the missionary arm of Christ Embassy.

Churches with the funds should do more community projects even regular street upkeeps, hedge trimmings,public lawn upkeeps,etc. This was one way the local church I used to attend in the UK paid thier local community back.

Thank God for the lives of those who gave birth to this dream and saw its completion.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by reubby360: 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2011
papa u r too much,u r in did a father.tnks 4 helping d helpless,papa may God increas u.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by SUV(f): 3:00pm On Jun 20, 2011
I am more concerned if it is free or another business venture. I have lost respect for a lot of these MOGs, it will take a while for me to go to church again cos it seems "men of God" these days are as vane as the people they preach to. Everything to them these days is business, charity is usually pittance but the ones that will involve large chunk of cash is no charity, so much talk about giving your widow's might.
Until I confirm that whatever it is they do there is free of Charge, I will just siddon dey look them as dem dey decieve their very dumb congregations.

Abi oh!

let's wait for all of them to come back to this forum for the part 2 of discussion with the topic:  PAstor Adeboye milking patients dry with high cost at the hospital. you will see another angle to the story.

U can try Catholic church, i think there is a big difference in their own approach to spirituality.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by larimo(m): 3:10pm On Jun 20, 2011
The Bible says that even Jesus could not do so many signs and miracles in His hometown because of the peoples' unbelief. God surelys heals, but you need faith to activate it!

Kudos. May God continually encourage us to reach our communities with the love of Jesus.

To our atheists, who believe that there's no God, pls consider this: "Would you prefer to live your life as though God exists, only to find out in the end that He doesnt OR would you prefer to live your life as though God does not exist only to find out that He does?"[size=16pt][/size]
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by yemmy27: 4:04pm On Jun 20, 2011
People just like saying Jargons, You judged people,when u are not in the position to judge, You need to have the fear of God ,you fucking unbeliever scientist.The man is doing a great Job, stop commiting sins you UNBELIEVER!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 20, 2011
Deep Soul:

HAS!!

HAS!!

HAS!!  angry angry angry

english wasnt is father's language, is not compulsory we all must be perfect

it's the white man lang  angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Prevent Sweaty And Smelly Butt Crack / 50 Cent Shocks Fans With Weight Loss Pics (picture) / Qatar Ambassador Ali Al-hajri Endorses Campaign Against Drug

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.