Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center (7424 Views)

Common Toilet Disease : Symptoms And Prevention / Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention / Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by Uche2005: 4:09pm On Jun 20, 2011
is it free ? or Is it more expensive than the redeemed University. ??/
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by samoje1: 4:55pm On Jun 20, 2011
Nice move. cool
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by oladapoa1(m): 6:30pm On Jun 20, 2011
It's a welcome development atleast its coming from the church
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by jpworld(m): 8:34pm On Jun 20, 2011
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day.
Teach a man to fish, he'll eat for a lifetime.
Give a man religion, he'll die praying for a fish.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by Gbenge77(m): 9:34pm On Jun 20, 2011
Excellent.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by NaijaNile: 10:18pm On Jun 20, 2011
@Evil Brain - I am sorry to say but you are a fool, because according to the bible it is only a fool who thinks in his heart that there is no God.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by thehomer: 10:24pm On Jun 20, 2011
I simply have two questions.

1. Are the services free or subsidized?

2. Does this mean that they will no longer be praying away cancer or will it simply be a mill for fraudulent activities like diagnosing some cancers and eventually praying them away?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by thehomer: 10:24pm On Jun 20, 2011
NaijaNile:

@Evil Brain - I am sorry to say but you are a fool, because according to the bible it is only a fool who thinks in his heart that there is no God.

It seems you're on your merry way to hell by calling people fools.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by bestman09(m): 10:39pm On Jun 20, 2011
thank god for your life. daddy g.o.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by Jenifa1: 10:40pm On Jun 20, 2011
churches have taken over the role of the govt.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by NkemJuliet: 10:43pm On Jun 20, 2011
It's so sad and unfortunate that Africans consciously enjoy poverty and have the mindset, Please, for d fact that u r black does not mean ur brain should be black, None of u av been able to point fingers at our greedy politicians, You all point fingers @ someone dt has a heart for his people, How can we grow if we continue with ds ugly mentality!, People lyk evil brain make me sick of ds country,
    A fool says in his heart that there is no God and I refuse to join u guys to call yourselves *d poor masses*, I shall not be poor, I would build universities  and do more that d lyks of Adeboye r presently doing

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by sammyxyz: 11:41pm On Jun 20, 2011
I can see that there are a lot of people in Nigeria that has nothing on their head.Bunch of bitch and fool in the highest order.Empty drum make the most noise.Who told you that the white people do not believe in healing by God, despite that, they  have the best hospital with the best equipment.God will heal when He wants to and He has given us the wisdom of hospital.Whatever Pastor Adeboye does, He has done his part, which one has anyone in those with stinking mouth done in their family history.You had better stop talking shit about God, your head cannot contain His wrath.If you like don't go to church because of Pastor, you shall give account of yourself before God.If you know what you are doing, Pastor is not your mentor but God.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by Jiah011(f): 12:33am On Jun 21, 2011
God is the creator of all things, including medicine. He holds ALL knowledge. Read the book of Leviticus (and throughout the bible) and it is full of medical and health related information in a wide range of topics including: diet, childbirth, infectious disease, environmental cleanliness, etc. For all the utterly silly comments before mine, some of you guys think medicine is created exclusively by man and thus is not of God, or what? Medicine does not equate to atheism or ungodliness. Some people have prayed and then were healed. Some people prayed and went to the hospital and were treated and cured. Some people prayed and went to the hospital, but they died. Death is a 100% for every human being, and healing is possible for anyone.

Many hospitals around the world have been started by missionaries and people of faith. Healing and health is a ministry if some of you don't know. Jesus spent most of his time ministering and healing, so it is important to God. I think what Pastor Adeboye did was exemplary, and YES when you give to a purpose that is close to God's heart, He will return the blessing to you. God will bless Him. Some of you who can afford it prefer to travel to India or other countries with modernized medical technology for treatment of diseases. After all Yar'Adua traveled abroad for his treatment given the poor condition of many of Nigeria's hospitals and their limited scope of treatment. The health infrastructure in Nigeria is a joke and nobody cares to do anything about it. Then someone who out of his own wealth tried to make an improvement, and people still have mouth to complain. Enemies of progress to the nth degree tongue. Typical backward village mentality. Money, jealousy, and corruption have hardened this country.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by alaper: 4:33am On Jun 21, 2011
Jiah011:

God is the creator of all things, including medicine. He holds ALL knowledge. Read the book of Leviticus (and throughout the bible) and it is full of medical and health related information in a wide range of topics including: diet, childbirth, infectious disease, environmental cleanliness, etc. For all the utterly silly comments before mine, some of you guys think medicine is created exclusively by man and thus is not of God, or what? Medicine does not equate to atheism or ungodliness. Some people have prayed and then were healed. Some people prayed and went to the hospital and were treated and cured. Some people prayed and went to the hospital, but they died. Death is a 100% for every human being, and healing is possible for anyone.

Many hospitals around the world have been started by missionaries and people of faith. Healing and health is a ministry if some of you don't know. Jesus spent most of his time ministering and healing, so it is important to God. I think what Pastor Adeboye did was exemplary, and YES when you give to a purpose that is close to God's heart, He will return the blessing to you. God will bless Him. Some of you who can afford it prefer to travel to India or other countries with modernized medical technology for treatment of diseases. After all Yar'Adua traveled abroad for his treatment given the poo condition of many of Nigeria's hospitals and their limited scope of treatment. The health infrastructure in Nigeria is a joke and nobody cares to do anything about it. Then someone who [size=18pt]out of his own wealth [/size] tried to make an improvement, and people still have mouth to complain. Enemies of progress to the nth degree tongue. Typical backward village mentality. Money, jealousy, and corruption have hardened this country.

Are you really serious?  His own wealth   shocked shocked shocked shocked  So all the tithes and offerings go to his pocket !!lipsrsealed lipsrsealed  I thought the money was for God tongue tongue tongue
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by Jiah011(f): 5:30am On Jun 21, 2011
alaper:

Are you really serious?  His own wealth   shocked shocked shocked shocked  So all the tithes and offerings go to his pocket !!lipsrsealed lipsrsealed  I thought the money was for God tongue tongue tongue

Isn't building a Cancer hospital a godly cause? Helping the least of those in need. I've seen the devastation of cancer in my family and I can vouch that cancer in any form is a challenge. Nigeria needs such hospitals.

@ alaper: What I meant was out of the wealth he has control over of. I know he doesn't own it. Of course tithes come from the congregation and such. The money belongs to God to use for the people. Building a hospital is for the people. As if God has an account at Diamond or Oceanic bank tongue. God doesn't need our money, but we give it to Him as worship for all the wonderful things He does for us and who He is. God works through people to fulfill His plans. The pastors are supposed to be responsible and put it to good use, which does not always happen (particularly in Naija). Why not encourage something good that is being done. If you had read my post with insight you would have understood what I was saying.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by noblegas2(m): 6:40am On Jun 21, 2011
Bravo!!! These and more are the things i wanna hear, not PASTOR BUYS YET ANOTHER 5.5 BILLION NAIRA PRIVATE JET!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by larimo(m): 7:49am On Jun 21, 2011
I want to urge everyone on something; if this man, Adeboye, is not a man of God, he will fall someday, but if he is, there's absolutely nothing you do or say that will stop what he is achieving. Thats what we call the 'wisdom of Gamaliel'.

Many people do not know that a lot of these men of God get gifts from members without asking for them. If his teachings have inspired them and transformed their initially sorry lives, why wont they show appreciation? There's nothing wrong in receiving these gifts. Even Paul the missionary acknowledged this. Its up to him to decide if he will use the gifts for his personal interests or not.

Do you know many nations RCCG is affecting? Every corner has a church so that no one has an excuse of nt being able to go to church.
Can you then estimate how many lives are being reached? Everyone runs to him because they see that God is with him?

Everyone forgets that RCCG started as a small church in Ebute Metta but by God's grace alone has grown.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by larimo(m): 7:55am On Jun 21, 2011
Tithes and offerings do not go into his pocket . Do you the number of men and women who are in the mission fields carrying this gospel to all men? They need support.

A part goes to the headquarters for paying allowances as well as running of the commission.
The other part goes to the local parish and the province in also running the affairs of the church and paying wages of staff.

These are full-time servants of God. This is what the Levites were getting because the Lord separated them out from the rest of Israel to serve in the house of God.

Offerings are used to meet the needs of the church and church members.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by rhymz(m): 2:12pm On Jun 21, 2011
@9dynasty
You are as dumb as the stone you ve as head, gibberish fall off ur mouth like $hit from a$$. The next time you want to quote me be sure to understand what is it I am trying to say.
@Dabraka or whatever da 4ck you label Urself, stop dickriding and following my a$$ in every thread, you senile homosexual with a brain the size of a peanut. I know your Manouvering MOGs ve impaired your capacity to analyze issues without acting like a kitten in the wets. Don't be quoting me or even makibg any reference to my posts be warned, I am not your usual average. No go let me disfigure you dis kid.
Now to serious minded-people,are you people seriously trying to say the centre can't run its services and maintain the place on free basis? Come on, a lot of charity organizations with less in their coffers and even with less manpower run centres like that very successfully without any profit motivation. The roman catholic is a perfect example of such, they have countless centres like that caters to different things without collecting a dime from people who benefit from such services.
What I find very absurd is the fact that most of these businesses by pastors are separate entities from the church. They can't actually be said to be owned by the church but the head pastors who make decisions without having to neccessarily resort to the consultatations of other senior pastors and elders or even the management board of these enterprises. Yet these businesses thrives on the belief that they are church owned or on a collective sense of ownership amongst members, church management and the congragation which unfortunately is not the case in reality.
Like I said before, it is yet to be seen if the centre is an initiative to help or make money for somebody, however small the profit. I am curious as to why the article did not say much about how they hope to render these services. I still they look sha but I aint goina fall for that "daddy GO" crap they use to hoodwink us sha, my eyes are on them like white on rice.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by obowunmi(m): 4:54pm On Jun 21, 2011
jpworld:

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day.
Teach a man to fish, he'll eat for a lifetime.
Give a man religion, he'll die praying for a fish.

Well said my broda! Well said! The latter is the state of most Nigerian people.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by obowunmi(m): 4:55pm On Jun 21, 2011
thehomer:

I simply have two questions.

1. Are the services free or subsidized?

2. Does this mean that they will no longer be praying away cancer or will it simply be a mill for fraudulent activities like diagnosing some cancers and eventually praying them away?

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by oluseke(f): 6:44pm On Jun 21, 2011
I don't know why Nigerians Have decided to be Haters of Progress!!!!!!!!!!!
Most youths who place comments nowadays never think, as in the brain is no longer put to use. Its such a pathetic case because they do not recognize the place of wisdom. Nigerian Youths pityy!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by chardino(m): 9:18pm On Jun 21, 2011
God go increase this man blessing 1billion times, Thank God say in no save the 100m carry n go buy private jet, lol. GOOD Example others pls do charity work and stop luxury life.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by Connoisseur(m): 10:38pm On Jun 21, 2011
Where are all the people that supports a pastor buyin a private jet in order to preach the gospel.
Just wanna know they have seen the benefits a pastor could be to his immediate environment.

Good one Mr. Adeboye, no wonder you were nominated as one of the most influential people in the country. I might not a huge fan but I ve got huge respect for you.

As for the guys posting trash, its obvious that out of the abundance(foolishness) of the heart, the mouth speaks
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by larimo(m): 7:16am On Jun 22, 2011
[size=16pt]@ All,

Hearsay hearsay has never and will never do good to any man.

If you have genuine questions on this cancer centre etc, channel them to the church. Go to RCCG City Of David (@ Oniru), which is the seat of Province 4 headquarters that championed this act to get more information. [/size]
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by Mshot: 11:20am On Jun 22, 2011
i really like this. he is making sure the health care service is made available to pple rite here in Nigeria. it is a good one and i think we all should always think of what we can do to make things better no matter how small.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by Mobinga: 12:23am On Jul 03, 2011
Donlittle:

english wasnt is father's language, is not compulsory we all must be perfect

it's the white man lang  angry angry angry angry angry
WASN'T HIS

WASN'T HIS

WASN'T HIS

WASN'T HIS

WASN'T HIS
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by Nobody: 12:59am On Jul 03, 2011
Mobinga:

WASN'T HIS

WASN'T HIS

WASN'T HIS

WASN'T HIS

WASN'T HIS

baba iya ehhh, touch your toe
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by alaper: 8:21am On Jul 03, 2011
When the catholic church came into Nigeria in those days, they were building schools, hospitals, etc, quitely, without fanfare, heavily subsidised institutions, to help the poor in the communities where they were established.  Nobody was giving credit to the pope tongue tongue.  But what have we got here?  New age GO's being given credit and praised to high heavens for any token their church does.  And many times, these are business outfits, whose charges are many times more than secular or pagan grin ones!!   The Topic itself says it all.  "Pastor Adeboye builds bla bla bla bla, " Its only later, that we now hear that its only a small branch of the church that is responsible. tongue .   My local Rotary club has done better,  quitely,   We built an artificial limb factory, making artificial limbs FREE OF CHARGE to amputees.  The District Governor did not take credit. tongue
Re: Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center by omoimole: 10:43pm On Jun 19, 2013
Thank God for the effort. Jesus ministered not only to the spirit, but also the body and soul. Christianity is not magic. Hospitals are part of God's ways of healing men. Many are sick and what they need may not just be divine healing. Christianity is not averse to the use of medical / surgical intervention. The missionaries came and built hospitals for the people. Let us obey natural health laws and we will trouble God less. Let us use health facilities and follow prescriptions. Cancer can be prevented if we reduce the risks and benefit from early detection. Thank you all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Deal With Suicide Thoughts? / How To Prevent Sweaty And Smelly Butt Crack / Woman Grows Nails Instead Of Hair Due To Skin Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.