Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Generally, Can Marriage Work? Yes Or No. Vote Now - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Generally, Can Marriage Work? Yes Or No. Vote Now (600 Views)

7 Ways Nigerian Couples Can Make Their Marriage Work Again / Single Mothers Are Generally Losers, They Raise Criminals & Sluts - Kenyan Lad / Can Marriage Really Get Boring ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Generally, Can Marriage Work? Yes Or No. Vote Now by ENGINEERG(m): 8:53am On Jan 10, 2022
To most people , getting married is one of the greatest achievement of life. And everyone always want to make the wedding ceremony memorable and special. And millions are spend for these ceremonies.
But the reality now is that, most marriages don't practically work. Mostly, In the one that seems working, the partners are just enduring.
BUT CAN ANYONE ENJOY WHAT THEY ENDURE?
In Africa most people endure marriage because of their religions, some endure it because of stigma/what people will say-if they divorce, some endure it for the sake of the children. But with all these, the marriage don't work practically, couples are just living together.
I tell people who endure marriage because of what their religions or Holy Books say -that marriage will even take a lot of people to hell,because a place where husband and wife live and don't talk to each other, where they envy each other, where they hid secret from each other, where they fight , is not where God will want and their actions are sins.

And i always say this, Most people enjoy their single life, than marriage life. And have seen so many people that are full of life when they are single but when they marry they turn miserable.
And interestingly, nobody knows what can make any marriage work, because even money( that can make most things) can not make happy marriages- and that is why BILL GATE, BEZOS, ELON MUSK, DANGOTE, ETC are not into marriage again.
In fact, marriage has brought bondage to people, and I see people enjoy this life when they get some freedom- freedom that marriage don't mostly bring.
I laugh, when I see singles envisaging how they will be enjoying sex when they marry everyday, but in reality, so many husbands or wives are sex starved. And a lot of people are cheating too cos of this. And a lot has depression from this, if they cant get satisfaction.

Sadly, just a cheat, or one evidence of cheating can destroy a marriage of years. Does it even make sense?

Divorce is now on high rate everywhere in the world , and these are the 10 countries with highest divorce rate
Belgium- 71%
Portugal- 68%
Hungary- 67%
Czech republic-66%
Spain - 63%
Luxembourg- 60%
Estonia- 58%
Cuba- 56%
France- 55%
USA- 53%

SO GENERALLY, DOES MARRIGE WORK?

IF MARRIAGE WORK- CLICK LIKE
IF MARRIAGE DONT WORK - CLICK SHARE.

5 Likes

Re: Generally, Can Marriage Work? Yes Or No. Vote Now by Opeyemiextra(f): 8:58am On Jan 10, 2022
Marriages can and do work.
ENGINEERG:
To most people , getting married is one of the greatest achievement of life. And everyone always want to make the wedding ceremony memorable and special. And millions are spend for these ceremonies.
But the reality now is that, most marriages don't practically work. Mostly, In the one that seems working, the partners are just enduring.
BUT CAN ANYONE ENJOY WHAT THEY ENDURE?
In Africa most people endure marriage because of their religions, some endure it because of stigma/what people will say-if they divorce, some endure it for the sake of the children. But with all these, the marriage don't work practically, couples are just living together.
I tell people who endure marriage because of what their religions or Holy Books say -that marriage will even take a lot of people to hell,because a place where husband and wife live and don't talk to each other, where they envy each other, where they hid secret from each other, where they fight , is not where God will want and their actions are sins.

And i always say this, Most people enjoy their single life, than marriage life. And have seen so many people that are full of life when they are single but when they marry they turn miserable.
And interestingly, nobody knows what can make any marriage work, because even money( that can make most things) can not make happy marriages- and that is why BILL GATE, BEZOS, ELON MUSK, DANGOTE, ETC are not into marriage again.
In fact, marriage has brought bondage to people, and I see people enjoy this life when they get some freedom- freedom that marriage don't mostly bring.
I laugh, when I see singles envisaging how they will be enjoying sex when they marry everyday, but in reality, so many husbands or wives are sex starved. And a lot of people are cheating too cos of this. And a lot has depression from this, if they cant get satisfaction.

Sadly, just a cheat, or one evidence of cheating can destroy a marriage of years. Does it even make sense?

Divorce is now on high rate everywhere in the world , and these are the 10 countries with highest divorce rate
Belgium- 71%
Portugal- 68%
Hungary- 67%
Czech republic-66%
Spain - 63%
Luxembourg- 60%
Estonia- 58%
Cuba- 56%
France- 55%
USA- 53%

SO GENERALLY, DOES MARRIGE WORK?

IF MARRIAGE WORK- CLICK LIKE
IF MARRIAGE DONT WORK - CLICK SHARE.
Re: Generally, Can Marriage Work? Yes Or No. Vote Now by ENGINEERG(m): 9:06am On Jan 10, 2022
We are taking generally now, so how many are working around you, or people are just enduring ?
Opeyemiextra:
Marriages can and do work.
Re: Generally, Can Marriage Work? Yes Or No. Vote Now by l69l: 9:09am On Jan 10, 2022
Depends on d Parties
Re: Generally, Can Marriage Work? Yes Or No. Vote Now by donbachi(m): 9:12am On Jan 10, 2022
Dat of my greatgrandfather worked and dat of his father's father also,my grandfather's own worked,my father's own also worked..mine is working and doing great.
Re: Generally, Can Marriage Work? Yes Or No. Vote Now by Double0h7(f): 9:27am On Jan 10, 2022
Yes. If you are willing to put the work in because it requires work!
Re: Generally, Can Marriage Work? Yes Or No. Vote Now by ENGINEERG(m): 9:38am On Jan 10, 2022
Do you live with your ancestors that you know it worked? Is it the era when husband had canes to beat wives ? But in their era, marriage seems to work than now...The more the work develop, the more divorce increase...But some marriages are not working but couples are still living together, so note this
donbachi:
Dat of my greatgrandfather worked and dat of his father's father also,my grandfather's own worked,my father's own also worked..mine is working and doing great.
Re: Generally, Can Marriage Work? Yes Or No. Vote Now by ENGINEERG(m): 9:40am On Jan 10, 2022
The work is the stress, and no one enjoy work or stress too...
Double0h7:
Yes. If you are willing to put the work in because it requires work!
Re: Generally, Can Marriage Work? Yes Or No. Vote Now by Double0h7(f): 11:25am On Jan 10, 2022
ENGINEERG:
The work is the stress, and no one enjoy work or stress too...

Nobody is forcing you, stay by yourself and enjoy your life if that's what you want.
Re: Generally, Can Marriage Work? Yes Or No. Vote Now by donbachi(m): 11:34am On Jan 10, 2022
ENGINEERG:
Do you live with your ancestors that you know it worked? Is it the era when husband had canes to beat wives ? But in their era, marriage seems to work than now...The more the work develop, the more divorce increase...But some marriages are not working but couples are still living together, so note this
know the difference between married couple and married but single.

Those dat are married but single.are still in such marriages because their kids,what people will say,religion and raising kids as separate parents.
Re: Generally, Can Marriage Work? Yes Or No. Vote Now by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 10, 2022
% that don't work..............% that works
Belgium- 71%........... .........................29%
Portugal- 68%.....................................32%
Hungary- 67%.................................... 33%
Czech republic-66%........................... 34%
Spain - 63%........................................ 37%
Luxembourg- 60%............................ 40%
Estonia- 58%. ..................................... 42%
Cuba- 56%............................................44%
France- 55%......................................... 45%
USA- 53%. ..............................................47%

I believe the right part of the column above answers your question undecided..

1 Like

Re: Generally, Can Marriage Work? Yes Or No. Vote Now by ENGINEERG(m): 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2022
Correct
Favfables1:
% that don't work..............% that works
Belgium- 71%........... .........................29%
Portugal- 68%.....................................32%
Hungary- 67%.................................... 33%
Czech republic-66%........................... 34%
Spain - 63%........................................ 37%
Luxembourg- 60%............................ 40%
Estonia- 58%. ..................................... 42%
Cuba- 56%............................................44%
France- 55%......................................... 45%
USA- 53%. ..............................................47%

I believe the right part of the column above answers your question undecided..
Re: Generally, Can Marriage Work? Yes Or No. Vote Now by Phoneworld: 3:50pm On Jan 10, 2022
donbachi:
know the difference between married couple and married but single.

Those dat are married but single.are still in such marriages because their kids,what people will say,religion and raising kids as separate parents.

I think their is something that is forcing you to do something, i pray that something doesn’t keep you single or divorce
Re: Generally, Can Marriage Work? Yes Or No. Vote Now by Destiblack(m): 6:09pm On Jan 10, 2022
Life is all about choice, there is a true life partner for everyone in life. Most marriages never worked cos they were built on lies, lust and materialistic things.

Only the marriages built on true love, respect, friendship, and knowing the fact that no one is perfect except God gives births to a happy family forever.
Re: Generally, Can Marriage Work? Yes Or No. Vote Now by Pacesetter2021: 9:03pm On Jan 10, 2022
Of course marriage works well. My parents are married. I have few friends and family having a swell time being married. Marriage is heaven on earth with the right person and being the right person too.
Re: Generally, Can Marriage Work? Yes Or No. Vote Now by Vision101(m): 1:12am On Jan 11, 2022
The op has drawn his conclusion. I wonder why he is still asking us.

You guys should leave Mr&Mrs Marriage alone. They are not begging anybody to come and belong to their club.

I will only take anybody that derides marriage serious when the person will avoid bleeping totally (even self help), no child, no devil's marriage (lesbian and homo), no opposite sex friendship.

(1) (Reply)

How To Satisfy A Woman On Bed. / A / Do Those Born Blind Dream, And What Do They See?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.