Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. (5798 Views)

Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua / If You Hate Tinubu, You Hate Yoruba People / Why Is Tinubu So Desperate? See What I Saw (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by naija4life247: 5:51pm On Jan 11, 2022
Benbellamor:
You're sick
Majority of us in Ondo don't like Tinubu because he is a mafia

Yet, your governor is one of Tinubu’s numerous political sons.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Coldie(m): 6:26pm On Jan 11, 2022
Self destruct tendencies has been inbuilt in their dna they keep hating everybody that can help them. I don’t know the next president of Nigeria after Tinubu or Buhari but I know these people already hate him

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by omoharry(f): 7:39pm On Jan 11, 2022
Sebastine1994:

Who dragged kalu to court if not Igbo.

For 10 years, kalu no rest.

Mind you kalu can never be president, he would contest but we don't support him
Legally ,he cannot contest, becos he is an excon.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Jack005(m): 8:02pm On Jan 11, 2022
Tinubu betrayed the south and you expect SS and SE to like him? I am not igbo but I detest the man called tinubu.. Stick with it..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by blaqoracle: 8:06pm On Jan 11, 2022
BigSarah:
Lol if buhari Can get elected twice,why not Tinubu?...

Nothing concern tribe, just individual perspectives..

Tinubu 2023

Insha Allah
in Igbo land the children are taught how to hate by their lazy and week parents.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by JaroMan: 8:55pm On Jan 11, 2022
Reading comments here is disappointing. Yorubas, if you're learning to hate, it's not a good thing. You can't learn left hand at old age.
But to be sincere, Igbos don't hate any one. Igbo are only survivalists and one of the attributes of survivalist is aggressive.
Don't misunderstand this with hate.
You need to be an Igbo man to understand this.
In kindred meeting, your village man can taunt you with things like the hospital your wife delivers babies, the kind of school your children go etc. These insults/jokes are done over crates of beer. But people go to city to become aggressive so that no one taunts them with things like that.
Watch Igbo movies and understand a bit of this.
If you want to hate Igbos, you're wasting your time. They don't care. They will still buy that Lagos ocean and sandfill it, while leaving their states.
Once more, don't hate Igbos because they don't know what hatred it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 11, 2022
TooNoisy:
A few reasons.

1. Igbos want to take over Lagos by all means and they see Tinubu as their biggest stumbling block. Their aim is to have an Igbo Governor.

2. They just hates anything that seems to be better than them. The fact that Igbos don't have any politician that comes close to Tinubu is relevance automatically makes him their enemy. They hate anything that seems better than them or theirs.

3. They hate anything Yoruba and Tinubu is the political powerhouse of Yoruba politics.

I am happy all Yorubas can clearly see this now.

You are 100% correct. Be better than an Igbo, or possess what he greedily covets, and he will hate you passionately and uncompromisingly. Simple as that.

Tinubu is far better than all Igbo political leaders combined and he controls Lagos that covetous Igbos want more than anything else in the entire Universe.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Galloman(m): 9:21pm On Jan 11, 2022
The question I do ask them is that they should tell us their preferred aspirant not ranting anytime someone's name is mentioned.
Politically, Igbos are just too daft. Politics is never a game of emotion.
Tinububis not fit enough or not qualified to run for presidency, we said Ok tell us your aspirant. They will change the story.
Bunch of perpetual noise makers

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Wiifesnatcher(m): 10:00pm On Jan 11, 2022
Movic1:

Have they reject Ikpeazu and Kalu?

No we will not reject Ikepazu and Kali, did we kill Michael okpara and Azikwe when we killed Ahmadu bello, Tafawa Balewa and Akintola

we protect our own so shut up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 11, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Tinubu disgrace has even started

APC already told him that they won't give him it's presidential ticket on silver platter grin
Other candidates like Umahi are interested, they can't be stop from contesting because of Tinubu ambition.

So he won't be getting it on a silver platter.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Kingspin(m): 10:08pm On Jan 11, 2022
Movic1:
I've seen a lot of comments and opinions online, the hate coming from Igbo people towards Tinubu is too much.

You said Tinubu hate you, the question is do you like Tinubu?

Do you expect someone you hate to love you?
Do bring a reputable Yoruba candidate and see.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by sirp9898(m): 11:19pm On Jan 11, 2022
Yoruba man stop seeing things in tribal ways see things on merit.
Every nigeria is happy for iheanacho because he meritted making them happy no one is calling him Igbo man again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by KoshCAD: 11:32pm On Jan 11, 2022
cherishmichael:
In this i and their big country, every minute the igbos are the talk of the day every time, can't we have rest? Igbos this igbos that haaa!! sad
Shut up, why were those your brothers talking about Tinubu, hypocrite.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by KoshCAD: 11:41pm On Jan 11, 2022
Sebastine1994:

Who owns the daily post, na hausa newspaper, show me this same news inside sun news paper and I would believe you.

The source has an agenda to divide and conquer igbo
Typical igbo man, denying the obvious is in una DNA.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by cherishmichael: 12:30am On Jan 12, 2022
I wasn't talking to you, please.
KoshCAD:
Shut up, why were those your brothers talking about Tinubu, hypocrite.
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by KoshCAD: 12:34am On Jan 12, 2022
cherishmichael:
I wasn't talking to you, please.
Answer the question, I am talking to hypocrite like you.

Cos I hate hypocrite.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Zhirinovsky: 12:44am On Jan 12, 2022
In a way, I get their point.
The last 6 yrs has been tough for everyone due to Buharis govt. Imagine suffering for a further 8 yrs (believe me we all know tinubu is one of the worst pick)

As a corper I used 1 tin of sardine for every 2 packs of indomie I cooked. Corpers now can't try that.
Nobody likes someone who subjects their lives to poverty for his selfish purpose. That is why you see Easterners always spewing insults on their politicians apart from a few like Obi, Umahi n co
Movic1:
I've seen a lot of comments and opinions online, the hate coming from Igbo people towards Tinubu is too much.

You expect someone you hate to love you?
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by naijaking1: 1:02am On Jan 12, 2022
Movic1:

The question is why Tinubus hate Igbos?
From Ahmed, to his crazy senator wife, to his fat and dirty, smelly Iyaloja daughter who robs Igbo traders on a daily basis.
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by MrMaestro: 1:03am On Jan 12, 2022
This thread has been a breath of fresh air. Yorubas are almost all awake to the silent but blatant tribal envious and hatred the igbos have for the Yorubas. Embracing the villain role when it comes to these Igbos will be the best thing to ever happen to Yoruba nation. Because they will ALWAYS align themselves to support anything that makes Yorubas weaker. Appealing to Igbos will always make Yorubaland worse for Yorubas. The truth has come to light.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by naijaking1: 1:27am On Jan 12, 2022
MrMaestro:
This thread has been a breath of fresh air. Yorubas are almost all awake to the silent but blatant tribal envious and hatred the igbos have for the Yorubas. Embracing the villain role when it comes to these Igbos will be the best thing to ever happen to Yoruba nation. Because they will ALWAYS align themselves to support anything that makes Yorubas weaker. Appealing to Igbos will always make Yorubaland worse for Yorubas. The truth has come to light.

Better, younger, and more honest Yoruba presidential candidates: Osibanjo, Fayemi, and Fayose are better than Tinubus, and Igbos will likely support them, but since Tinubus pays your rent, go ahead and spew hatred against Igbos, because you have to earn your keep.
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by KosiGee(m): 5:13am On Jan 12, 2022
Movic1:

Because they are associated to Tinubu party that's why you hate them.

I think you are biased. I’ll speak for myself and I don’t think Igbos hate Yorubas.

About Tinubu….I see him as a smart and strategic politician. I’m impressed with his role in Eko Atlantic city…however I was disappointed when he came on a condolence visit when Pa Fasoranti’s daughter was killed. Guess what Tinubu of all people said?? I ask you, tell us here exactly what this great politician uttered when he handled the microphone…be honest

Igbos were harassed in Lagos during the emergence of Ambode as governor. Thugs were deployed to prevent Igbos from casting votes. Do you remember one of the thugs smashing ballot boxes even with police and a military man looking helplessly. This was a polling station with strong Igbo base. The people mobilised and attacked this thug….what happened? Yorubas went crazy that Igbos were attacking ‘Yorubas’ in Lagos….Adeyinka Grandson went hysterical over that incident…

Remi Tinubu was seen on video harassing an Igbo man who came to cast his vote even when this man told her that he came to support APC.

Tinubu’s daughter disturbs traders at Ladipo. She goes there as iyaloja harassing people. Lagos state has a government with elected officers overseeing commerce and the environment. Let the elected officers do their jobs. Tinubu’s daughter has no business extorting money from people already overtaxed and disturbing their businesses.

What kind of family is that? On hate, I won’t call that hate. I don’t hate Tinubu. If you want to see hate, I’ll give you Rochas Okorocha…lots of Igbos hate him, I don’t like him, I don’t like his wife, daughter and uche Nwosu, his son in law. I think they are thieves and evil.

Lots of Igbos don’t like Ikpeazu, TA Orji, Uba brothers etc. This is not about Igbos hating Yorubas.
It’s similar to Buhari, like Tinubu’s speeches disrespecting Igbos, same goes to Buhari calling Igbos 5%, dot nation etc. Do you expect me to have love and support for such people. I personally don’t.

Same goes to Joe Igbokwe, I don’t have love for fools who disrespect their own very existence and would choose silver over the lives of their own people.

Awolowo…I have nothing but love and admiration for the legend.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by oyatz(m): 5:16am On Jan 12, 2022
GoodHardDick:
OP, nobody hates tinubu angry
The thing is,, that man has absolutely nothing to offer Nigeria. He has no visions. He's a harden criminal who will get in there and suck Nigeria dry. angry

Tinubu is Buhari pro max. Nigeria needs young and vibrant young men with brains and not those old idiots

But Igbo adore Atiku who is older than Tinubu and corrupt.

Bros, nobody is a kid here.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Anazp: 5:18am On Jan 12, 2022
Sebastine1994:
Igbo have early warning signal,

Igbos did not support buhari, instinct decided it, propaganda does not work on the Igbo psyche,

If igbos are ready to play tribal politics hausa and Yoruba go run, but we are open minded, a Yoruba man can rule imo state if his reputation is solid,

We have deep pocket to brainwash any idiot, come to our plaza and see me hussling customers, I brainwash anybody with tongue, that is the talent of every igbo man, but we would never use it for evil, with great power comes greater responsibility

have you noticed igbo would reject even their son if he is a thief and fool
which nonsense brainwash. It's cos the customers need your product. Go and sell insurance with your so called brainwash and see

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by oyatz(m): 5:22am On Jan 12, 2022
udele1:
This is tinubu trying to turn the blame from fulani herdsmen to Igbo's. Saying Igbo's started kidnapping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DTi1L6gxlk

Always try to say the truth and resiste the urge to tell lies in order to cast yourselves as victims.

Tinubu never mentioned Igbo in that video or said anyone started kidnapping .
He wanted people to have open minds and not just narrow the search for the assailants.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by LLiKYekoba: 6:06am On Jan 12, 2022
Movic1:

I don't think we are one, the Igbos would prefer a Northerner than to see a Yoruba man become the next president of this country.

Igbo have votes yoruba president before now. Have you yorubas ever voted an Igbo man as president?

We yorubas want a situation where you and fulanis will keep rotating the presidency between while you taunt the Igbos as they cry about marginalization.

That will not happen, if tinubu emerges APC flagbearer, I will celebrate because another Fulani in PDP will wrestle power from you greedy yorubas who love and celebrate injustice against the East.

We Igbos are not slaves that can only vote but not voted for. It is not yorubas turn to be president. You must wait.
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by snitchbitch: 6:07am On Jan 12, 2022
they hate Tinubu because

1. he is a thief

2. he didnt allow THEM to take over LAGOS!

3. In 2015, he begged them to vote for his party, they refused and voted for opposition, nevertheless his party still went ahead and won!

3. in 2019, BUBU had average performance, even though heavily criticised by many people, THEY complained of being marginalised by BUBU 's govt, so THEY will rather vote for the opponent, even though BUBU had many infrastructural projects like roads etc in the south.

4. Many of the guys presently now in govt are Tinubu boys, even our VP OSINBAJO na former commisioner of the latter, FASHOLA, LAI, even the speaker of house of REPS, GBAJABIAMILA,

whether you like it or not, Tinubu has planted himself deeply rooted like a giant and his influence has been overwhelming and can not just be swept under the carpet.

5. Directly or indirectly, even up till now, many key and big decisions affecting NIGERIA, are being made, by Tinubu! (See how opponents jubilated when APC lost EDO elections to PDP!)

so the list is just a season film

feel free to add yours guys

i think THEY need to try some LOVE, if HATRED doesnt work for them!

#goodmorningNAIRALAND!

#itiswell!
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by LLiKYekoba: 6:13am On Jan 12, 2022
Movic1:

I don't think we are one, the Igbos would prefer a Northerner than to see a Yoruba man become the next president of this country.

Do yorubas prefer an Igbo to a northerner.

Continue to insult Igbos on your radio station and TVC. The East will not vote yoruba until you also an Igbo man like the Igbos did for yoruba in 1999. We are not your slaves.

You think this about thiefnubuu, bring another yorubaman na. grin
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by KosiGee(m): 6:29am On Jan 12, 2022
oyatz:

Always try to say the truth and resiste the urge to tell lies in order to cast yourselves as victims.

Tinubu never mentioned Igbo in that video or said anyone started kidnapping .
He wanted people to have open minds and not just narrow the search for the assailants.

He did not mention Igbos!! Really ??
Tinubu messed up mister, he wanted people to have an open mind and he had to mention Evans of all people?

What will be will be…I wish him luck but stop turning this into an Igbo hates Yoruba nonsense: most of us here have Yorubas as great buddies and nothing will change that not even the toxic environment of Nairaland.

I reserve hate for evil and greedy individuals like Rochas, Uba family of Uga etc…
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 12, 2022
Movic1:

Very simple

Tinubu backed Buhari in 2015.

Thus knocking out GEJ and by extension the side of the political fence that most ibos supported.

Before 2014 , Ibos did not pay much attention to Tinubu. In 2011 , they would have regarded him as a hero because he backed GEJ then. But he jumped ship and as such is a betrayer.

Understand one thing about Nigerian politics. It is a game of sides.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 12, 2022
oyatz:

But Igbo adore Atiku who is older than Tinubu and corrupt.

Bros, nobody is a kid here.

Why the igbos seem like they adore atiku over tinubu is because atiku selected Peter obi to be his running mate (these made the igbos felt loved)

And of course Tinubu is another disaster waiting to happen in Nigeria. How do you expect a drug dealer to become your president? What exactly does he have to offer? Wasn't he among the core people who sold Buhari to Nigerian?

Bros, tell yourself the truth. Nigeria is dying and needs someone young and vibrant, someone filled with wisdom to rescue the country. Not someone like Tinubu at all. Tinubu has nothing to offer Nigeria. That man will suck Nigeria dry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kai! Yusuf Datti Ahmed Is Speaking To Channels And I'm Blown Away / 3 Soldiers captured alive by IPOB and Unknown Gunmen 2day In Ebonyi PHOTOS / 2011: Never Field Women As Candidates, Group Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.