Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,369 members, 7,800,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy (19685 Views)

Nigeria Vs Egypt: AFCON 2021: (1 - 0) On 11th January 2022 / 2022 WCQ: Ahmed Musa Gifts Super Eagles Teammates ₦5 Million / Jubilation As Governor Gifts Super Eagles $50,000 For AFCON Qualification.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by oshozondii: 7:03am On Jan 12, 2022
Air Peace Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Allen Onyema, in his characteristic culture of philanthropy and nationalism, has promised to give the Nigerian Super Eagles a whooping sum of fifty million naira, if they win the ongoing African Cup of Nations, which kicked off on January 9, 2022.

Onyema, who made the pledge in Garoua, Cameroon, while speaking to the Super Eagles during half time in their opening game against the Egyptians, stressed that the players carry the hopes and aspirations of over 200 million people and 350 ethnicities on their young shoulders, urging them to give their best and win the trophy.

To underscore the seriousness of his interest in their victory, the Air Peace boss promised to give N10M for every goal scored in the Eagles’ opening match against Egypt.

His words: “We believe in what you can do, you have the strength as a team. Remember what I told you during the qualifying series. That it is not just an ordinary football match. You are carrying the hopes and aspirations of over 350 ethnic nationalities of our beautiful country. You’re playing for the unity of Nigeria.

“This is your time to play your part in cementing the unity of this nation, as Nigerians from North, South, East and West will celebrate in unison. Do us proud and when you come back with the cup, I’m going to give you 50 million naira”.

The aviator par excellence used the medium, again, to harp on the uniting powers of football as whenever the Eagles are playing, Nigerians jettison their ethnic and religious sentiments and forge a united font in support of the team.

It can be recalled that during the qualifying stages, the Air Peace helmsman delivered a similar unity-themed and motivational speech to the Super Eagles on board one of the airline’s brand new Embraer 195-E2 aircraft, and gave them a cheque of 20 million naira. The Falcons of the 1999 squad were also beneficiaries of 10 million naira from the aviation cognoscente during the 3rd NFF-Aiteo Football Awards last year in Lagos.

Air Peace, a leading Nigerian airline, is the official airline sponsor of the Nigerian National Teams.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/afcon-air-peace-ceo-onyema-gifts-super-eagles-n10m-for-beating-egypt-promises-n50m-if-they-win-trophy/amp/

20 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by chatinent: 7:07am On Jan 12, 2022
This is your time to play your part in cementing the unity of this nation, as Nigerians from North, South, East and West will celebrate in unison. Do us proud and when you come back with the cup, I’m going to give you 50 million naira”.
No bi still bandits kill people yesterday?

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by kernniejay(m): 7:20am On Jan 12, 2022
I am waitng to read what our igbo colleagues have to say about the generosity of their comrade to the "zoo" team.

Meanwhile, any team that can score at least 2 goals against the super chicken will beat them because I dont think they can score beyond a goal in any match. Just check their past scoring records up to the last 2 years or even more. They hardly have more than 1 goal in most games.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by yanabasee(m): 7:26am On Jan 12, 2022
I don't like the fact that our super eagles gets financial motivation to win a match or a trophy....

This usually gives them the impression that they must do everything to win and in that order, they will begin to play trash and lose halfway...

We should allow them to play with the interest and love for the game and sport.... After the whole tournament, you can then wire them the money...

And I assure everyone, now that money is involve, they will definitely lose their next match ...

We don't usually know what the money is meant for behind the scene... If it's to make them lose, so that the person will stake Nigeria to lose and then cash out ...

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by OhBritannia(m): 7:53am On Jan 12, 2022
All these money , even the 50 million naira is nothing to These players.

10 million naira is less than 20 thousand pounds. And you expect the whole squad to share 10 million naira.

Something that kelechi ihanacho will spend in a club in one night.

I even see it as an insult to the players.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by complexBoss12: 7:55am On Jan 12, 2022
I was expecting this, people just love hugging the spotlight.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by Temisia(f): 9:20am On Jan 12, 2022
shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by chaseblack(m): 9:20am On Jan 12, 2022
Good gesture but this stuff 'koba' us in previous tournament.
But as long as nobody offers to give the highest goal scorer or best player any cash reward to prevent them from playing selfishly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by SultanOfPuna: 9:21am On Jan 12, 2022
Footballer or Yahoo boy?
Which one to choose

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by psychologist(m): 9:21am On Jan 12, 2022
But why should be allowed to speak to them about money during half time

Who does that

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by JosephXavier: 9:21am On Jan 12, 2022
It's been long I saw the Eagles play so beautifully, dominating the game and creating a lot of chances against one of the title favourites and also a very good side

But you see that person that calculated the possession in first half ehn, Na Ogun go kill am

Thanks to Mr Allen Onyema for motivating our boys

15 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by Skmoda3607709: 9:22am On Jan 12, 2022
Trotro The site is doing well .com.

1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by tiswell(m): 9:22am On Jan 12, 2022
Good one from the biafrans billionaire

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by Olam09(m): 9:22am On Jan 12, 2022
OhBritannia:

10 million naira is less than 20 thousand pounds. And you expect the whole squad to share 10 million naira.

undecided wish your dad could donate that amount!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by Sucre6: 9:22am On Jan 12, 2022
kernniejay:
I am waitng to read what our igbo colleagues have to say about the generosity of their comrade to the "zoo" team.

Meanwhile, any team that can score at least 2 goals against the super chicken will beat them because I dont think they can score beyond a goal in any match. Just check their past scoring records up to the last 2 years or even more. They hardly have more than 1 goal in most games.

May the Lord heal your hateful heart

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:22am On Jan 12, 2022
Ok
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:22am On Jan 12, 2022
Nice one
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 12, 2022
OhBritannia:

how much did you give them?

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by izzy4shizzy(m): 9:23am On Jan 12, 2022
Them don start o, Dem don start wetin go distract the boys.

Last time wey Dem promise money like this even goal keeper the play shot to score

Well, no home based dey this team so I no sure the need the money laidat.

But.....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by futurerex: 9:23am On Jan 12, 2022
MVP

Allen Onyema for president instead of lifeless Tinubu!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by pretydiva(f): 9:23am On Jan 12, 2022
You people should be calming down biko. The game just started. All this ones na initial gra gra oo
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by Itxkendo(m): 9:23am On Jan 12, 2022
What about we watching football? No compensation for us?
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by yinkeys(m): 9:23am On Jan 12, 2022
OhBritannia:

Chill
It’s coming from just one man
If they win the next game Dangote & the rest will begin to show love financially
People like John Noble needs the cash too lol.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by vedaxcool(m): 9:24am On Jan 12, 2022
grin grin Gazette of liars will be like but ordinary blackmail money you cannot pay us, now you are wasting money on footballers who have nothing to blackmail you with. grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by ominilongest(m): 9:25am On Jan 12, 2022
hi guys
pls I need your help nairalanders
I don't have any cash and I need to take a passport, print out my CV and result, guys I don't have one kobo pls help me
2 thousand naira, pls God no go shame all of u
pls someone should help me if u need a proof I will upload pls
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by specialmati(m): 9:25am On Jan 12, 2022
cool cool cool thats good the team will bring the cup home

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by Odide009: 9:26am On Jan 12, 2022
yanabasee:
I don't like the fact that our super eagles gets financial motivation to win a match or a trophy....

This usually gives them the impression that they must do everything to win and in that order, they will begin to play trash and lose halfway...

We should allow them to play with the interest and love for the game and sport.... After the whole tournament, you can then wire them the money...

And I assure everyone, now that money is involve, they will definitely lose their next match ...

We don't usually know what the money is meant for behind the scene... If it's to make them lose, so that the person will stake Nigeria to lose and then cash out ...

These are big guys money wise. I don't think naira can freak them. Good advice anyway.
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy by Kosoco(m): 9:26am On Jan 12, 2022
OhBritannia:

that's individual token bro.... how much have you given to them... Is Onyema NFF president... he gave as a private individual...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause / Paul Pogba Tests Positive For COVID-19. Removed From France Squad / Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.