Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,766 members, 7,802,344 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? - Music/Radio (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? (47152 Views)

Nigerian Reggae Music Of The 1980s And 1990s / Music Of Yoruba Origin Should Be Studied As A Course In Nigeria-Reno Omokri / Does Music Taste Define Your Relationship Or Societal Status? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Igboid: 11:29am On Jan 20, 2022
Ekealterego:

Low IQ bonobo bring forth your evidence.

This is another record from Johnston in the 1800s and Captain John Adams 1823.

Son of an unfortunate retard, bring forth your evidence.
Tell us how we were slaves to tribes we were superior to.

Chai!
You never fail to deliver.
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by VEHINTOLAR: 6:30pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ekealterego:

Low IQ bonobo bring forth your evidence.

This is another record from Johnston in the 1800s and Captain John Adams 1823.

Son of an unfortunate retard, bring forth your evidence.
Tell us how we were slaves to tribes we were superior to.

Lol ! Intelligent OSU,I can see how painful this is for you ! You even had to start combing the cold tombs of the dead European slave merchants for whatever "evidence" you could lay your hands on just to prove that your tactless forebears were not sold by the Ijaws ! Chai, you're losing it boy; I mean your sanity ! It's a pity,really,to see how desperate you're in your futile efforts at rewriting the ignominious history of your forefathers ! But it is what it is;tasteless history of cannibals !

Mumu,you should tell us how your forefathers ,who served the Ijaw royalties and majority of whom were sold into slavery,were in any way superior to their ijaw masters ? Boy, It is too late to take off that shameful,disgraceful toga of being identified with a cowardly tribe that was once sold into slavery by its neighbor. The Ijaws sold your forefathers to the Europeans as slaves ! You need to deal with that fact kiddo ! If you like you can upload whatever dubious "evidence " from whatever source to refute that fact here,it changes nothing ! Eboes were sold,in their large numbers,by the Ijaws into slavery ! As your forefathers were slaves in the olden days,so are you in contemporary Nigeria now ! Isn't it ? What makes you think you are superior to anyone boy ? That's laughable,you know ?

Tufiaka ! OSU like like you fool !

2 Likes

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Ekealterego: 9:21pm On Jan 20, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

Lol ! Intelligent OSU,I can see how painful this is for you ! You even had to start combing the cold tombs of the dead European slave merchants for whatever "evidence" you could lay your hands on just to prove that your tactless forebears were not sold by the Ijaws ! Chai, you're losing it boy; I mean your sanity ! It's a pity,really,to see how desperate you're in your futile efforts at rewriting the ignominious history of your forefathers ! But it is what it is;tasteless history of cannibals !

Mumu,you should tell us how your forefathers ,who served the Ijaw royalties and majority of whom were sold into slavery,were in any way superior to their ijaw masters ? Boy, It is too late to take off that shameful,disgraceful toga of being identified with a cowardly tribe that was once sold into slavery by its neighbor. The Ijaws sold your forefathers to the Europeans as slaves ! You need to deal with that fact kiddo ! If you like you can upload whatever dubious "evidence " from whatever source to refute that fact here,it changes nothing ! Eboes were sold,in their large numbers,by the Ijaws into slavery ! As your forefathers were slaves in the olden days,so are you in contemporary Nigeria now ! Isn't it ? What makes you think you are superior to anyone boy ? That's laughable,you know ?

Tufiaka ! OSU like like you fool !

I can't even read a sentence without encountering serious errors and mistakes in your grammar. Who would read that assembly of error conjured up there?

You can't write a correct sentence, even if your life depended on it. What a drooling imbecilic failure.
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by VEHINTOLAR: 11:34pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ekealterego:

I can't even read a sentence without encountering serious errors and mistakes in your grammar. Who would read that assembly of error conjured up there?

You can't write a correct sentence, even if your life depended on it. What a drooling imbecilic failure.

Intelligent OSU ! Lol,so,your focus is now on my grammar,right ? Come on boy,stay on the topic and that's what matters now ! I put it to you once again that your cowardly progenitors were sold into slavery by the Ijaws and that's what you should focus on,kiddo. Mumu,do you think I'm one of those featherweights you usually intimidate with your silly "you can't write a correct sentence" and stuffs like that ? Is it the grossly incoherent trash you typed up there that's giving you a false sense of an Authority in English grammar,right ?

Perhaps,you're the one eyed man in the midst of the numerous blind in your little enclave of primitive ignoramuses and that's why you could pretend to be a Wole Soyinka here,abi no be so ? Thunder faya ya fada left yansh ! Stay on the subject;don't chicken out like a coward that you are with that grammar nonsense ! Your forebears were Ijaw's slaves and that's the koko,OSU !

Anyway,the attached document speaks volumes already - over six hundred "choice young Eboes" sold as slaves in a single transaction ! Chai,the Ijaws are merciless ! Precisely, "620 choice young Eboes" sold by the Ijaws to the European slave merchants in a single transaction ! Omo,one can imagine how many of such unfortunate beings were so traded as slaves in a matter of days and months ! Trust me,your history stinks; it's nothing anyone can be proud of !

Thunder faya ya fada;worthless OSU like you !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Ekealterego: 1:41am On Jan 21, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

Intelligent OSU ! Lol,so,your focus is now on my grammar,right ? Come on boy,stay on the topic and that's what matters now ! I put it to you once again that your cowardly progenitors were sold into slavery by the Ijaws and that's what you should focus on,kiddo. Mumu,do you think I'm one of those featherweights you usually intimidate with your silly "you can't write a correct sentence" and stuffs like that ? Is it the grossly incoherent trash you typed up there that's giving you a false sense of an Authority in English grammar,right ?

Perhaps,you're the one eyed man in the midst of the numerous blind in your little enclave of primitive ignoramuses and that's why you could pretend to be a Wole Soyinka here,abi no be so ? Thunder faya ya fada left yansh ! Stay on the subject;don't chicken out like a coward that you are with that grammar nonsense ! Your forebears were Ijaw's slaves and that's the koko,OSU !

Anyway,the attached document speaks volumes already - over six hundred "choice young Eboes" sold as slaves in a single transaction ! Chai,the Ijaws are merciless ! Precisely, "620 choice young Eboes" sold by the Ijaws to the European slave merchants in a single transaction ! Omo,one can imagine how many of such unfortunate beings were so traded as slaves in a matter of days and months ! Trust me,your history stinks; it's nothing anyone can be proud of !

Thunder faya ya fada;worthless OSU like you !
Guy, jokes apart, you need to go fetch queen premier as a matter of urgency!

Nna, there are 36 errors in just three sentences and counting...
36!!!. 36!!!!!
Low IQ is really a thing. In other words, you are not the sharpest tool in the shed

Well, since you have a low IQ, I will like to help you a little bit. The picture you posted is that of Ota Benga.

Read about Ota Benga, the Congolese. You should have learnt about him in Primary 4, but since you are not very bright.....

Recommended Reading: The Queen Premier (Part I). Urgent!!

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by VEHINTOLAR: 9:57am On Jan 21, 2022
Ekealterego:

Guy, jokes apart, you need to go fetch queen premier as a matter of urgency!

Nna, there are 36 errors in just three sentences and counting...
36!!!. 36!!!!!
Low IQ is really a thing. In other words, you are not the sharpest tool in the shed

Well, since you have a low IQ, I will like to help you a little bit. The picture you posted is that of Ota Benga.

Read about Ota Benga, the Congolese. You should have learnt about him in Primary 4, but since you are not very bright.....

Recommended Reading: The Queen Premier (Part I). Urgent!!

Ota Benga my foot ! That's one of your cannibalistic progenitors boy ! Meanwhile, I can see that you're still making that spirited efforts to change the subject matter here ! Stop being smart by half kiddo;the focus is on the attached document which shows that your good - for - nothing forebears were once Ijaw slaves ! Argue with the attached document, omo eboe !

Intelligent OSU like you fool ! Thunder faya ya father !

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Ekealterego: 11:16am On Jan 21, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

Ota Benga my foot ! That's one of your cannibalistic progenitors boy ! Meanwhile, I can see that you're still making that spirited efforts to change the subject matter here ! Stop being smart by half kiddo;the focus is on the attached document which shows that your good - for - nothing forebears were once Ijaw slaves ! Argue with the attached document, omo eboe !

Intelligent OSU like you fool ! Thunder faya ya father !
I see you have a serious quarrel with punctuations my low IQ minion. I can see you took some time to search the dictionary for big words your tiny negro brain can't comprehend, yet, still error ridden

A dictionary only won't solve your problems, "The Queen Premier" would.

All you uploaded was a picture of your mother, I didn't see Ijaw anywhere in the uploads.
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by VEHINTOLAR: 9:37pm On Jan 21, 2022
Ekealterego:

I see you have a serious quarrel with punctuations my low IQ minion. I can see you took some time to search the dictionary for big words your tiny negro brain can't comprehend, yet, still error ridden

A dictionary only won't solve your problems, "The Queen Premier" would.

All you uploaded was a picture of your mother, I didn't see Ijaw anywhere in the uploads.

Gibberish as usual ! Ideally, a scum of earth like you who is even worse than a leper ought to be ignored but how would I do that when all the unmistaken signs of frustrations are quite visible in all of your thoughtless posts and senseless submissions here ? I saw the need to urgently save you from yourself before it's too late but it is now very clear to me and others alike that your case is irredeemable ! What a pity ! I can only hope that you'll find a solution to whatever that's eating you up before you do the unthinkable !

To be very honest with you boy,I sincerely think you're clinically unstable and in need of an urgent medical attention. Of course,it can only be that insanity of the mind that makes you believe the world revolves around your primitive, cave dwelling and human flesh eating savages called eboe ! How could you ever claim to be superior to the tribe that sold your forefathers cowardly asses into the slavery ? I think you're deluded !

I'm honestly done with you boy and I must tell you that I was greatly entertained while your comedies lasted ! Yes,you were able to crack me up sometimes with some of your thoughtless follies. You can now crawl back into whatever hole you came out from and remain dumber than you're already there ! I leave you with the evidential document (here attached) of how the IJAWS SOLD YOUR FOREFATHERS INTO SLAVERY while I hope that you'll eventually find a way of dealing or living with it ! Attached also, is the rotten head of your father. It was reported that the remaining parts of his OSU body ended inside the cooking pots of your eboe folks as pepper soup ! Ka a da f'awon babanla e,omo eboe olori pelebe,intelligent OSU !

Stay dumb !

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Ekealterego: 2:15am On Jan 22, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

Gibberish as usual ! Ideally, a scum of earth like you who is even worse than a leper ought to be ignored but how would I do that when all the unmistaken signs of frustrations are quite visible in all of your thoughtless posts and senseless submissions here ? I saw the need to urgently save you from yourself before it's too late but it is now very clear to me and others alike that your case is irredeemable ! What a pity ! I can only hope that you'll find a solution to whatever that's eating you up before you do the unthinkable !

To be very honest with you boy,I sincerely think you're clinically unstable and in need of an urgent medical attention. Of course,it can only be that insanity of the mind that makes you believe the world revolves around your primitive, cave dwelling and human flesh eating savages called eboe ! How could you ever claim to be superior to the tribe that sold your forefathers cowardly asses into the slavery ? I think you're deluded !

I'm honestly done with you boy and I must tell you that I was greatly entertained while your comedies lasted ! Yes,you were able to crack me up sometimes with some of your thoughtless follies. You can now crawl back into whatever hole you came out from and remain dumber than you're already there ! I leave you with the evidential document (here attached) of how the IJAWS SOLD YOUR FOREFATHERS INTO SLAVERY while I hope that you'll eventually find a way of dealing or living with it ! Attached also, is the rotten head of your father. It was reported that the remaining parts of his OSU body ended inside the cooking pots of your eboe folks as pepper soup ! Ka a da f'awon babanla e,omo eboe olori pelebe,intelligent OSU !

Stay dumb !

Please, do learn to use proper punctuation, I can recommend books for you.
Well, at the end of the day, you could not still show me one piece of evidence! I cannot find Ijaw in the document.
I knew your tiny negro brains will fail you and it did!
I see you chose not to upload your mother's picture this time.
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Denoh68: 11:05am On Feb 07, 2022
OGA, FELA WAS A CRITIC, AND A PROPHET,HE SAW TODAY,IN THE YESTERDAY WHEN HE WAS ALIVE, NOW DON'T GET ME WRONG. THE QUESTION HERE IS, APART FROM YORUBAS, WHO ELSE ENJOYS LISTENING TO FELAS SONGS, DO YOU HEAR THEM IN PARTIES, DOES AN AVERAGE SOUTHERNER ENJOY LISTENING TO HIS SONGS, MY FATHER KNOWS FELA, BUT IS NOT INSPIRED BY HIS SONGS.
Wiifesnatcher:

ask your dad who is Fela among others, I can't be educating you because this your imbecilic ranting shows you're brain dead
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Denoh68: 11:12am On Feb 07, 2022
WHO ARE YOU, ORDINARY SAND. SHUT UP AND LEARN HOW TO BE RESPECTFUL. YOU CAN'T PLACE YOURSELF ABOVE ANOTHER BECAUSE FULANI AND BRITAIN. FLAVORS YOU IN THIS COUNTRY.
Wiifesnatcher:

that's why you see the increase in Igbo ladies marrying Yoruba, my wife is igbo, her sister just informed us of her introduction with a Yoruba man and I was surprise how they met because she's in Abia state

my wife just adopted Temitope as her Yoruba name lol, even though Ikenna was given to me where I Served in Anambra state

igbo knew Yoruba people are very important and the heart of Entertainment in Nigeria, dey just dey do strong head, Yoruba l'agba
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by ForumNL(m): 6:24pm On Sep 19, 2022
Wow! Igbos can argue for Africa

They argue Yoruba domination in Music when it's so obvious
Wizkid, Davido, burna boy, Fireboy, Olamide, Ladipoe, lil kesh, Adekunle Gold, Zlatan, Kiss Daniel, Asake, Mr Eazi, Reekado, Zino, Naira Marley etc

Tems, Ayra star, Tiwa, Simi, Nini, Teni, Yemi Alade etc

They argue Yoruba domination in movies when it's so obvious

With The Figurine (2009) widely regarded as marking the major turnaround of contemporary Nigerian cinema
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinema_of_Nigeria

Top directors and highest grossing movies
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_Nigerian_films

Stop living in stone age
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nollywood

They then jump to sport when it's obvious Yoruba dominate sport also
Should I continue... Na only three ladies I will mention that will scatter everywhere grin

Funny enough Edo, Ijaw and Urhobos even beat igbos hands down in music, movies and sport

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by GreatBoss: 8:22pm On Sep 19, 2022
ForumNL:
Wow! Igbos can argue for Africa

They argue Yoruba domination in Music when it's so obvious
Wizkid, Davido, burna boy, Fireboy, Olamide, Kiss Daniel, Asake, Mr Eazi, Reekado, Zino etc

Tems, Ayra star, Tiwa, Simi, Nini, Teni, Yemi Alade etc

They argue Yoruba domination in movies when it's so obvious

With The Figurine (2009) widely regarded as marking the major turnaround of contemporary Nigerian cinema
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinema_of_Nigeria

Top directors and highest grossing movies
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_Nigerian_films

Stop leaving in stone age
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nollywood

They then jump to sport when it's obvious Yoruba dominate sport also
Should I continue... Na only three ladies I will mention that will scatter everywhere grin

Funny enough Edo, Ijaw and Urhobos even beat igbos hands down in music, movies and sport

Burna boy is Ijaw.

1 Like

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by ForumNL(m): 9:41pm On Sep 19, 2022
GreatBoss:

Burna boy is Ijaw.
Yes his dad is Ijaw though

Burna boy - Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu son of Bose Ogulu. His mom is Yoruba (Yoruboid), his mother is behind his music career...

Oluwaburna

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by tafat: 11:19pm On Sep 19, 2022
Since we talking music, get yourself an Oraimo Rock that comes with an ENC feature to give you uninterrupted sounds when you enjoy your music outdoors.

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Maberu: 7:54pm On Jan 01, 2023
Kellibae:

If u are only u re smart u will know. That Name is not a criteria to know ones identity.
Becoz parents can easily adopt any name they like from another country or region to give their child

nyanmiri Bast-ard you don't even know that his mom name is bunmi

1 Like

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Konquest: 10:59am On Jan 09, 2023
walefresh3:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/01/11/why-does-music-of-yoruba-origin-breakthrough-globally/
True that Bemigho Reno Omokri.

This is called "soft power!"

Even in Cuba and Brazil, Yoruba language is mixed with Spanish and Portuguese to give a very sonorous sound. Think of the biggest ever
Cuban hip-hop group, Orishas that won the Latin Grammy awards for the song "Represent," think
Lazaro Ros, and more, etc.

Cuban-Yoruba is also taught in
Cuban schools because of the prevalence of the Yoruba religion and culture in Cuba. Out of the estimated 800000 Africans brought to Cuba, 250,000 were from
Yorubaland in the 1800s. (This was after the Haitian revolution put an end to plantation slavery of the French, so Cuba and Brazil became the new destination for enslave Africans from the 1800s).

There is a strong presence of the
Yoruba religion and the Orishas or deities such as Obatala, Elegba,
Osun, Yemoja are well known in
Cuba. The Yorubas in Nigeria and Benin Republic must set aside a national holiday to celebrate and remember all the Yorubas who were deported on slave schooners in the late 1700s to the 1800s.

El negro Yoruba... A lo Cubano!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by ForumNL(m): 6:55pm On Feb 07, 2023
Yorubas control entertainment industry in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Konquest: 11:55am On Jan 05
AlphaTaikun:

You are talking to a mature older man here who witnessed the home video and
movie industry in the 1980s.

Read here for the history of the Nigerian movie industry and stop trolling.
==> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_film_era

The first film produced on video in Nigeria is 1988's Soso Meji, produced by Ade Ajiboye.
Subsequently, Alade Aromire produced Ekun (1989) on video.

==> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_film_era

==> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinema_of_Nigeria

Etymology
The origin of the term "Nollywood" remains unclear; Jonathan Haynes traced the earliest usage of the word to a 2002 article by Matt Steinglass in the New York Times, where it was used to describe Nigerian cinema.[2][3] Charles Igwe noted that Norimitsu Onishi also used the name in a September 2002 article he wrote for the New York Times.[4][5] The term continues to be used in the media to refer to the Nigerian film industry, with its definition later assumed to be a portmanteau of the words "Nigeria" and "Hollywood", the American major film hub.[6][7][8][9]
==> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nollywood

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Download MP3 : Major Lazer Ft. Kizz Daniel & Kranium – Loyal / Wizkid Congratulates Burna Boy For Wining Best Africa Act Award At 2019 MTV EMA / Top 20 Biggest And Most Popular Songs In Nigeria 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.