Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy (1424 Views)

38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room / Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) / Why Do Families That Eat Malnutrition Food More Stronger?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by bummyla(m): 8:37am On Jan 13, 2022
I went to visit my laundry man, who has worked for me for 10 years, all those years, I have never visited him, to see where he lives, now his 16 years old son, works for me, every weekend, and he is such a hard working young boy and I am beginning to love him like my son, so I decided to drive him home, and to visit his dad.

When we got to the house, the man was surprised and welcomed me, he asked his son to quickly have his bath and go somewhere for him.

Wow! He stripped! Since the bathroom is facing where I sat, he went in and came in front of us. No privacy! Changed and went for the errand! As if it was no big deal.

When I was about to go, the dad asked to me drop him somewhere, which I obliged, and he needed to change into a better clothes. I wanted to step outside to give him the needed privacy, but the door was very difficult to open, he begged me to relax , wait for him to change, so he can open the door for me, that only them know how to open the door, just like him son, he stripped, but it took him longer to sort out his clothes, and I was wondering, is this what he goes through every day with his family (Wife, 3 sons - Oldest 25- Youngest 16 and a 12 years old daughter) And he had all his children in that one room apartment.

families that live in one room, how do you people cope with privacy?

families that live in one room, how do you people cope with privacy

3 Likes

Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by Anigreat: 8:39am On Jan 13, 2022
shocked

It's not always a nice experience especially when konji holds you and your wife and there's no way you both can do it, and even if there's a way, the wet pussy will be making so floop floop sound when thrusting thereby making the children to know that their parents are making another babies and this can bring so much jealousy.

5 Likes

Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by Bola146(f): 8:51am On Jan 13, 2022
God forbid poverty angry sad those living in a room never wanted that

3 Likes

Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by donolatunji(m): 8:54am On Jan 13, 2022
bummyla:
I went to visit my laundry man, who has worked for me for 10 years, all those years, I have never visited him, to see where he lives, now his 16 years old son, works for me, every weekend, and he is such a hard working young boy and I am beginning to love him like my son, so I decided to drive him home, and to visit his dad.

When we got to the house, the man was surprised and welcomed me, he asked his son to quickly have his bath and go somewhere for him.

Wow! He stripped! Since the bathroom is facing where I sat, he went in and came in front of us. No privacy! Changed and went for the errand! As if it was no big deal.

When I was about to go, the dad asked to me drop him somewhere, which I obliged, and he needed to change into a better clothes. I wanted to step outside to give him the needed privacy, but the door was very difficult to open, he begged me to relax , wait for him to change, so he can open the door for me, that only them know how to open the door, just like him son, he stripped, but it took him longer to sort out his clothes, and I was wondering, is this what he goes through every day with his family (Wife, 3 sons - Oldest 25- Youngest 16 and a 12 years old daughter)

families that live in one room, how do you people copy with privacy?

families that live in one room, how do you people copy with privacy

Op kindly change the *copy* to *cope* in the sentence

I know it's a typo.

To your question, I think they'll cope by all means but the main issue here is that, may we not be broke for long...

1 Like

Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by bummyla(m): 9:06am On Jan 13, 2022
Thank You!

donolatunji:

Op kindly change the *copy* to *cope* in the sentence

I know it's a typo.

To your question, I think they'll cope by all means but the main issue here is that, may we not be broke for long...

1 Like

Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by Wawelexy(m): 9:27am On Jan 13, 2022
Poverty must die by fire....

2 Likes

Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by GboyegaD(m): 3:49pm On Jan 13, 2022
I wonder too. I guess at some point they resort to fate.

Reminds me of an irritating gist growing up. I went to worship in my parents church as a 12year old boy who knew nothing. There's a family that had 10kids (monogamous family) and they all lived in one room although the oldest 2 were married as of then. One of the sons was sharing his parents sexual escapades. It was strange to me and annoying at same time just like when I first heard about sex in JSS1 and some kids in my hostel were discussing their parents sexual acts.
Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by Sonnobax15(m): 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2022
tongue
Lashing wey go take place go still take place normally......
Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by complexBoss12: 4:04pm On Jan 13, 2022
Lol, a friend of mine told me how she use to stay awake to catch her parents at it at night. once the match begins and baba starts doing skills, she will innocently get up and go to drink water or pee. she said it got to point her Dad hated her throughout her childhood.

I never saw my Dad holding hands with my mum, neither did any of siblings, but they born full house. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 13, 2022
Lol. I can't relate
Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by Totiemide: 9:56am On Jan 14, 2022
Lmao! It's not that hard to cope. Make we just pray make brokenness no be the order of the day for person.
The man changing in front of you like no biggie didn't see it as a problem o na you see am like that. I remember back then when we dey stay one room for ikeja, I dey carry my pant and bra enter bathroom, if I baff finish I go wear am there, enter room rub cream.
I never caught my parents going at it but I always wonder how my mum end up pregnant. Sometimes I stay awake claiming to be reading for a test so I can catch dem but still all my effort came to nought.
To sleep nko? Con see arrangements if we wan sleep.
Life dey where e dey oo
We saw it as no condition is permanent
We parked out years ago, going back memory lane i dey ask myself say shey na me live that kind life but humble beginnings dey make person head straight smh.

7 Likes

Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by oazeez1991(m): 3:21pm On Jan 14, 2022
bummyla:

When I was about to go, the dad asked to me drop him somewhere, which I obliged, and he needed to change into a better clothes. I wanted to step outside to give him the needed privacy, but the door was very difficult to open, he begged me to relax , wait for him to change, so he can open the door for me, that only them know how to open the door, just like him son, he stripped, but it took him longer to sort out his clothes, and I was wondering, is this what he goes through every day with his family (Wife, 3 sons - Oldest 25- Youngest 16 and a 12 years old daughter) And he had all his children in that one room apartment.

families that live in one room, how do you people cope with privacy

Growing up in a place like Ajegunle, I used to see it as normal situation then as almost all houses around have same or similar settings, where families, regardless of their numbers cohabit in a single room, all thanks to penury. It was so bad that those who managed to afford room & parlour or two rooms to themselves were seen as rich or comfortable, not knowing it was all suffering & smiling lifestyle altogether. Privacy wasn't even an existing word to me. But as time goes on and I got to change environment, couple with some level of exposure, I had a change in narrative. It was a bad experience I wouldn't want to subject my children into.

GHETTO LIFE NO BE LIFE grin

2 Likes

Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2022
I would definitely be so embarrassed to visit a home and anyone gets dressed before me, unless the person is a child. It's very wrong especially with male and female children in same room sad . The man never knew he was embarrassing his guest.
Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:39pm On Jan 14, 2022
Nairalanders will come and tell you at least the man has trained his kids finish grin grin.
Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by Kobojunkie: 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2022
bummyla:
I was wondering, is this what he goes through every day with his family (Wife, 3 sons - Oldest 25- Youngest 16 and a 12 years old daughter) And he had all his children in that one room apartment.
Isn't it obvious from your story that there is no privacy in some of these cases? undecided

I wonder instead of the psychological impact such exposure has on their kids. undecided
Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by Klass99(f): 5:30pm On Jan 14, 2022
Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:37pm On Jan 14, 2022
Klass99:

Lol cheesy, you get issues I swear.

If you are not condemning this country as a shit hole, you are taking jabs at people about their life choices to have children (be it, in whatever condition) Their choices, their consequences.

Nigeria is even good now. Wait until 2025 when tinubu should have been in his second year as the next president. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by Klass99(f): 5:46pm On Jan 14, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:53pm On Jan 14, 2022
Klass99:

Lol cheesy, you are just a mad man. Please stop with this doom and gloom prophesies.

In this same country you keep trashing, some people are thriving and not doing badly.

They're not mega rich like Aliko Dangote, just regular folks.

Doom it's more like being optimistic. Trust me no matter how pessimistic I am about Nigeria it will always be worst than my pessimism. I never expected Buhari to be this useless but at last see how it all turned out. Tinubu that said on live tv that the solution to unemployment is recruiting all youths into the army and giving them corn and agbado is who people are already fighting and killing themselves over on nairaland. Even on the streets sef.

As for people thriving yeah it means nothing. I mean you have one person thriving and poverty all around you. You can't even enjoy the so called wealth in peace. Until we learn to put societal collective growth in Africa over individual growth we haven't started at all.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 14, 2022
Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by Klass99(f): 6:28pm On Jan 14, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by Richy4(m): 7:09pm On Jan 14, 2022
I'm guessing it's no longer a big deal because psychologically, they see it as nothing...

It's just like most boys that attended a boarding school, they can disrobe or change anywhere.. to remove clothes no dey hard them... That's getting used to something...
Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by cayorday89(m): 8:29pm On Jan 14, 2022
GboyegaD:
I wonder too. I guess at some point they resort to fate.

Reminds me of an irritating gist growing up. I went to worship in my parents church as a 12year old boy who knew nothing. There's a family that had 10kids (monogamous family) and they all lived in one room although the oldest 2 were married as of then. One of the sons was sharing his parents sexual escapades. It was strange to me and annoying at same time just like when I first heard about sex in JSS1 and some kids in my hostel were discussing their parents sexual acts.
This reminded me of a classmate of mine in SSS3, he gisted his goons about his parent's escapades and told them they will soon give birth, and in the process of castigating him by some, the gist was heard by the rest of us and after graduation when I heard his mum gave birth, I made calculations back to when he told us and it was exactly nine months, then they lived in room and parlor apartment before they moved to their own house still in the same community, and almost all of us like 98% lived in the same community. We also attended same church at a time.
Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by cayorday89(m): 8:33pm On Jan 14, 2022
Richy4:
I'm guessing it's no longer a big deal because psychologically, they see it as nothing...

It's just like most boys that attended a boarding school, they can disrobe or change anywhere.. to remove clothes no dey hard them... That's getting used to something...
It's supposed not to be a big deal, but evil mindset of humans and uncontrollable nature made it seem like getting undressed in your own abode is a big deal. I for one, wears only pant most times in my house(only son and two younger siblings who have thier own room) and there was a time I dressed up and a 3 year old boy asked me if I was going to a party.
Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by cayorday89(m): 8:36pm On Jan 14, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
I would definitely be so embarrassed to visit a home and anyone gets dressed before me, unless the person is a child. It's very wrong especially with male and female children in same room sad . The man never knew he was embarrassing his guest.
Just thank God for where you are. It's not their wish to be like that, imagine him even saying it's only them that can open the door. Embarrassment does not exist in some people's diary or let me say daily lives.
Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by bummyla(m): 8:45pm On Jan 14, 2022
Funny Enough his kids are one of the most well behaved kids I have seen, notwithstanding living in ghetto! Because at one point in time, apart from the little girl, the boys have worked for me, just like their father!

Kobojunkie:
Isn't it obvious from your story that there is no privacy in some of these cases? undecided

I wonder instead of the psychological impact such exposure has on their kids. undecided
Re: Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Jan 14, 2022
bummyla:
Funny Enough his kids are one of the most well behaved kids I have seen, notwithstanding living in ghetto! Because at one point in time, apart from the little girl, the boys have worked for me, just like their father!
Not saying they won't be well behaved. I mean children whose parents are nudists also fear well somehow. But there is more to life, and living than being well-behaved. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Husband Stop Having Sex With Madam When She Is Not Happy With You . / Parents Hooking You Up With Rich Family Friends Child To Marry,what Would You Do / My Oga Isthe Fatherof My Baby,15-yr-oldgirl Tellscourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.