Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

US Mission Reacts To Restoration Of Twitter In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Mission Reacts To Restoration Of Twitter In Nigeria (26386 Views)

Twitter Ban Should Be Reversed Immediately - US Mission In Nigeria / US Mission In Nigeria Statement On Twitter Ban / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Suspension Of Twitter In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Mission Reacts To Restoration Of Twitter In Nigeria by cherishmichael: 10:30am On Jan 13, 2022
They canor do without it, at least we dey alive we still dey breath, God no go shame us. tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Mission Reacts To Restoration Of Twitter In Nigeria by edoairways: 10:33am On Jan 13, 2022
omenkaLives:
They didnt just score a point, they scored loads of it.

They have lifted the ban and now have the tight to control contents that ate deemed inimical to the peace and security of Nigeria.

Any idiot who desires to see Nigeria burn can go hang themselves if these points scored by the government hurts them so much.
They failed woefully
Re: US Mission Reacts To Restoration Of Twitter In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 13, 2022
Revolution2022:
What have you been using the loans and VAT you collect for?Audio achievements.

let me even humour you for a second. So because the government revenues have not ben properly used as you say, therefore we should reject more revenues? If Twitter says they want to employ you or your relative or friend in their new Nigerian office you will say no? Dont let hate and dogma cloud your reasoning. I understand you dont like Buhari but when the person you like enters government one day, the taxes from twitter and other companies will be there for him to spend.....thanks to Buhari!!!!

Then again maybe you prefer for trillion dollar companies to keep making money from their biggest market in Africa without paying taxes or contributing to our economy.

give credit where credit is due!!!

They are going to pay taxes ...this will help pay loans for infrastructure
they are going to rent offices ..........Real estate developers and landlords benefits
they are going to employ Nigerians .......jobs for ordinary Nigerians
Re: US Mission Reacts To Restoration Of Twitter In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 13, 2022
perambulator:

let me even humour you for a second. So because the government revenues have not ben properly used as you say, therefore we should reject more revenues? If Twitter says they want to employ you or your relative or friend in their new Nigerian office you will say no? Dont let hate and dogma cloud your reasoning. I understand you dont like Buhari but when the person you like enters government one day, the taxes from twitter and other companies will be there for him to spend.....thanks to Buhari!!!!

Then again maybe you prefer for trillion dollar companies to keep making money from their biggest market in Africa without paying taxes or contributing to our economy.

give credit where credit is due!!!
Why will I like a man who values cow more than human lives?
Re: US Mission Reacts To Restoration Of Twitter In Nigeria by abiaumo(m): 11:01am On Jan 13, 2022
I tried to login to mine only to see it has been hacked. This my country is very useless.
Re: US Mission Reacts To Restoration Of Twitter In Nigeria by Psychokinetic: 11:04am On Jan 13, 2022
Greenbuoy:
Windscribe's CEO when they break the news to him
Lol... How e take affect windscribe ni? As if you were actually paying to use it.
Re: US Mission Reacts To Restoration Of Twitter In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 13, 2022
Revolution2022:
Why will I like a man who values cow more than human lives?

who asked you to like him? Like I said dont allow hate to cloud your judgement and reasoning. Nigeria can easily make $1-2b a year from taxes on companies like Amazon, twitter, facebook etc etc. Lagos to ibadan rail line cost $1.5b. do the math and see what we are deny ourselves by not taxing these companies.

Some Nigerians are so full of hate for their fellow Nigerians they will side with a foreigner to the detriment of his country. You forget Buhari is going next year and your man be might be in power to benefit from the windfall.

The mark of a good leader is a legacy that endures. Obasanjo for all his flaws gave us GSM that we are still enjoying long after he left office. Awolowo left office in 1959 but his policies kept on educating the west decades after he left office. taxes from online companies will continue to provide funds for govt long after Buhari leaves office and properly harness these taxes will eventually exceed our revenues from Oil...thats how big this could be. What is the legacy of GEJ that you are still enjoying today and will enjoy for years to come?
Re: US Mission Reacts To Restoration Of Twitter In Nigeria by techWriter3: 11:10am On Jan 13, 2022
reelection is around the spot, APC does to junctures a cheap political juncture
Re: US Mission Reacts To Restoration Of Twitter In Nigeria by Wande22(m): 11:30am On Jan 13, 2022
Dem for not restore am

Awon werey
Re: US Mission Reacts To Restoration Of Twitter In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 13, 2022
Revolution2022:
Buhari will use this Twitter restoration as one of his achievements in office.Just watch.
If you're smart & free of sentiment you will agree that this indeed is a big victory for Africa as a whole, not just Nigeria. Big achievement for this administration. He sent a very daring message to the world & came out victorious. It's about respect for national sovereignty, no sentiment. This has set precedence for other weak countries to stand against American tech giants impunity.
Re: US Mission Reacts To Restoration Of Twitter In Nigeria by Doulaman: 12:47pm On Jan 13, 2022
Get High definition Movies in;
*64gb flash - cartoon single and series for kids.
*500gb External hard drive - Action 2021 movies, Comedy, Korean,Drama, Cartoon.
*1tb External hard drive- Action Movies,Anime, Cartoon series, Comedy,Drama, Korean, Sci-fi,Horror.
You can as well request for old Movies
But can be sent to any location.
Call: ∅.8.l.5.3.7.8.3.l.∅.6
Re: US Mission Reacts To Restoration Of Twitter In Nigeria by Funkymode(m): 12:54pm On Jan 13, 2022
Crazy government
Re: US Mission Reacts To Restoration Of Twitter In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 13, 2022
Nairobi33:

If you're smart & free of sentiment you will agree that this indeed is a big victory for Africa as a whole, not just Nigeria. Big achievement for this administration. He sent a very daring message to the world & came out victorious. It's about respect for national sovereignty, no sentiment. This has set precedence for other weak countries to stand against American tech giants impunity.
He banned Twitter and restores it not that there is any condition between buhari and Twitter that is attached before the restoration.2023 election is the reason it is restored.
Re: US Mission Reacts To Restoration Of Twitter In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 13, 2022
perambulator:

who asked you to like him? Like I said dont allow hate to cloud your judgement and reasoning. Nigeria can easily make $1-2b a year from taxes on companies like Amazon, twitter, facebook etc etc. Lagos to ibadan rail line cost $1.5b. do the math and see what we are deny ourselves by not taxing these companies.

Some Nigerians are so full of hate for their fellow Nigerians they will side with a foreigner to the detriment of his country. You forget Buhari is going next year and your man be might be in power to benefit from the windfall.

The mark of a good leader is a legacy that endures. Obasanjo for all his flaws gave us GSM that we are still enjoying long after he left office. Awolowo left office in 1959 but his policies kept on educating the west decades after he left office. taxes from online companies will continue to provide funds for govt long after Buhari leaves office and properly harness these taxes will eventually exceed our revenues from Oil...thats how big this could be. What is the legacy of GEJ that you are still enjoying today and will enjoy for years to come?
Someone that doesn't wish Nigeria well is who you are defending.Well,you are doing your job.
Re: US Mission Reacts To Restoration Of Twitter In Nigeria by JUBILEE2000: 2:58pm On Jan 13, 2022
Dropbox visa renewal ban in Nigeria will soon be lifted
Re: US Mission Reacts To Restoration Of Twitter In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 13, 2022
Revolution2022:
Someone that doesn't wish Nigeria well is who you are defending.Well,you are doing your job.

You want foreign companies to operate and make money in Nigeria without paying taxes while providing jobs in their own countries at our own expense? you dont want foreign companies to pay their fair share of taxes to provide infrastructure in Nigeria?......you are the one who doesnt wish Nigeria well. You can question his competence or his methods.....I have always questioned his competence and whether he was the right man for the job.....but I have no doubt he wishes Nigeria well. Whatever you may say about Buhari he has done more for Nigeria in terms of infrastructure than GEJ. I have told you dont allow bias to cloud your thinking, you can criticize (there is no scarcity of things Buhari has done wrong e.g security, currency etc) without losing credibility and sounding like a brainwashed fool or someone so immersed in hate he cant see whats in front of him.

People say GEJ's time things were good, what is it that GEJ gave you that you are enjoying today? The rail, the roads, the taxes from internet companies that will continue to pour in for decades....that's legacy....like him or not!!!
Re: US Mission Reacts To Restoration Of Twitter In Nigeria by Greenbuoy(m): 4:34pm On Jan 13, 2022
You dey jonze, bros.
Psychokinetic:

Lol... How e take affect windscribe ni? As if you were actually paying to use it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Decides : Share A Picture Of You And Your Polling Unit / PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki / 2023: No Candidate Can Have A Landslide Victory - Aderogba Otunla(Photo, Trends)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.