Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered (6659 Views)

Please Help, My Dad's Car Was Stolen At Dalimore, Ado Ekiti Last Night (saturday / Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying / Toyota Avalon Snatched At Gun Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by Peppermintflav: 8:21pm On Jan 24, 2022
@ 9japarts so who gave the switch off command?
Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by 9japarts: 8:23pm On Jan 24, 2022
Peppermintflav:
@ 9japarts so who gave the switch off command?

The victim had called his wife to shutdown the vehicle, immediately he had access to a phone
Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by udemzyudex(m): 11:41pm On Jan 24, 2022
Kingdemu:
This has become really boring. You need lessons on how to write a suspense story and stop this incoherent and disjointed tales. It has become very uninteresting. Unfollowed.

You were never interested from the beginning.
Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by Kingdemu: 11:53pm On Jan 24, 2022
udemzyudex:

You were never interested from the beginning.
I'll excuse your ignorance cos you weren't here 10days back when the thread started.
Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by udemzyudex(m): 12:40am On Jan 25, 2022
Kingdemu:
I'll excuse your ignorance cos you weren't here 10days back when the thread started.

Go back and read your post cos I started reading it from the beginning.

Excuse yourself with your ignorance.
Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by udemzyudex(m): 12:41am On Jan 25, 2022
Kingdemu:
This na advert abi u just dey whine us?

This was your post,you were never interested.
Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by Chelseafan1: 5:08am On Jan 25, 2022
9japarts:

100%

Can be installed on all vehicles. Mercedes inclusive

Thanks for your reply o, send me your whatsapp number pls
Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by Chelseafan1: 5:09am On Jan 25, 2022
Kingdemu:
You suppose receive knock at the center of your head for asking such a useless question. Is your Mercedes not a car?

You no go understand wetin I dey face, so no vex.

Some things that you'll do to Toyotas and Lexus, if you try with Mercedes, u don enter Gbese, I'm in one of such messes now.

So, let me be sure sir.

1 Like

Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by okoroemeka(m): 5:35am On Jan 25, 2022
Chelseafan1:

Some things that you'll do to Toyotas and Lexus, if you try with Mercedes, u don enter Gbese, I'm in one of such messes now.

So, let me be sure sir.
I pity the owners of this current breeds of seriously over engineered Mercedes benzs because when the electrical problems will start it will be a nightmare,imagine a car having control module for headlights,wipers,ac, transmission,suspension,etc,this is plain madness,why is a simple car been transformed with complicated technologies to spacecraft standard,why will a car not have oil and transmission dip stick,who even thought about that,he should be sacked,even mechanics in America are having a hard time figuring out most of the problems with this new Mercedes and audis

2 Likes

Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by Chelseafan1: 5:41am On Jan 25, 2022
okoroemeka:
I pity the owners of this current breeds of seriously over engineered Mercedes benzs because when the electrical problems will start it will be a nightmare,imagine a car having control module for headlights,wipers,ac, transmission,suspension,etc,this is plain madness,why is a simple car been transformed with complicated technologies to spacecraft standard,why will a car not have oil and transmission dip stick,who even thought about that,he should be sacked,even mechanics in America are having a hard time figuring out most of the problems with this new Mercedes and audis

Now you just got me more scared.
Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by 9japarts: 5:43am On Jan 25, 2022
Chelseafan1:

Thanks for your reply o, send me your whatsapp number pls

Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by Chelseafan1: 5:54am On Jan 25, 2022
9japarts:

Messaged you
Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by 9japarts: 5:59am On Jan 25, 2022
Chelseafan1:

Messaged you

cool
Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by Kingdemu: 6:27am On Jan 25, 2022
udemzyudex:

Go back and read your post cos I started reading it from the beginning.

Excuse yourself with your ignorance.
Cry till eternity, it will not change what I wrote. So go and unleash your life's frustrations elsewhere, young man. You're definitely barking the wrong tree here.
Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by udemzyudex(m): 7:39am On Jan 25, 2022
Kingdemu:
Cry till eternity, it will not change what I wrote. So go and unleash your life's frustrations elsewhere, young man. You're definitely barking the wrong tree here.

grin cheesy have a nice day
Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by Kingdemu: 1:31pm On Jan 25, 2022
Chelseafan1:

So, let me be sure sir.
I just read your current predicament with your Benz on the Mercedes thread. Oh man! Sorry about that. Sorted?
Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by 9japarts: 3:46pm On Jan 25, 2022
Chelseafan1:

So, let me be sure sir.

To allay your fears, tracker installations are largely DIY. There is really no big deal to the installation. All you need is power and ground. Preferably constant power. The only step that requires more technicality is installation for shutdown, which largely is not necessary. The ability to know where your vehicle is, and replay all the places it has been driven to, is what makes our trackers really powerful.

For newer vehicles, not just Mercedes when installation for shutdown is done, they throw up lights on the dashboard when testing shutdown command, as it makes vehicle go to limp mode, the ECU assumes something is wrong with vehicle, for it go off abruptly. But once the vehicle is driven, all the lights will go off.

Depending on the vehicle model and year, we advise the right installation required. Whether to install for shutdown or not.

For what trackers are largely for, which is the ability to know where your vehicle is. The basic installation surfices, and it is what any car owner can do themselves. Just get power and ground. You will be able to live track, and also replay all the places your vehicle has been to. Nothing is tampered with.

Below are points you can install a tracker in your vehicle, and also get powers and grounds

Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by okoroemeka(m): 7:17pm On Jan 25, 2022
Chelseafan1:

Now you just got me more scared.
there is simply an abuse of technology in the newer Mercedes Benzs,too much electronics and too much things to go wrong,,but there is a class and grade for everything,if your class is for the Mercedes, why not go ahead and get it and enjoy it,life is too short my brother.

1 Like

Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by 9japarts: 8:18pm On Jan 25, 2022
okoroemeka:
there is simply an abuse of technology in the newer Mercedes Benzs,too much electronics and too much things to go wrong,,but there is a class and grade for everything,if your class is for the Mercedes, why not go ahead and get it and enjoy it,life is too short my brother.

Life is too short cool
Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by Okadarider: 12:40am On Jan 31, 2022
Nice thread...

We learn everyday
Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by 9japarts: 11:12am On Feb 01, 2022
Check if your tracker is active, at least once a month.

Having a car tracker is not enough, the question is, is it active?

Most people install gps trackers on their vehicles, and just forget about it. Sadly, in an event they need it, they unfortunately discover it is no longer working.

It is not enough to have a car tracker installed, what is great is, having an active GPS tracker. And how do you ensure this? By checking on the tracker at least once in a month.

Login to the tracking app. Check if it is online, check of it reporting the correct location, try the shutdown function and confirm the vehicle shutsdown.

If there are any issues with the tracker, you will know. It will be disheartening to discover the tracker isn't actually working when you need it most.

In the next post, I will list a number of things that could make your gps tracker work.

Good morning and happy new month.

1 Like

Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by Jamesjohnson123: 7:48am On Feb 09, 2022
9japarts:
Check if your tracker is active, at least once a month.

Having a car tracker is not enough, the question is, is it active?

Most people install gps trackers on their vehicles, and just forget about it. Sadly, in an event they need it, they unfortunately discover it is no longer working.

It is not enough to have a car tracker installed, what is great is, having an active GPS tracker. And how do you ensure this? By checking on the tracker at least once in a month.

Login to the tracking app. Check if it is online, check of it reporting the correct location, try the shutdown function and confirm the vehicle shutsdown.

If there are any issues with the tracker, you will know. It will be disheartening to discover the tracker isn't actually working when you need it most.

In the next post, I will list a number of things that could make your gps tracker work.

Good morning and happy new month.

The safety of loved ones and assets is one of the major concerns for everyone in the present time. A GPS tracker is one of the advanced tools that help in tracking cars, assets, pets, and people. If you’re just looking for a direct recommendation, here we are with the best one based on pricing, features, and value for money. https://family1st.io/best-gps-trackers-no-monthly-fee//
Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by 9japarts: 8:51am On Feb 14, 2022
How shutting down a tracked vehicle saved customers from hell bent LASTMA officers

Hello! good evening Sir, good evening I replied. His tone was joyful. Could you believe what happened. Ho, what happened Sir. See, the vehicle shutdown on one of our Sienna's just saved us from all this LAStma people

They had stopped our driver, and barraging him with questions. Their intentions was clear, they had seen a company vehicle, obvious from the stickers on it, and thought of an early morning cash out. There was no way they would have stopped him without commiting a traffic offence, but what is bad is trying to fleece people. The driver begged, pleaded, tried to act crazy. They were not ready to listen. This car must reach office. I beg, no carry me go office, he pleaded, make we settle am here. Your money is 20k

I beg, I no get that kind money, so you don't, but you fit commit offence. You better call your manager. Just forget this sienna once e reach office. They had started the vehicle and one of them was driving to their said office. The driver called the manager, who happens to be my caller. Them don stop me o, and they are driving to their station. I Don Beg them, them no collect begging o. The drivers line went off.

Imagine early Monday morning, my caller thought, what sort of bad market is this. Then he remembered there was a tracker on the vehicle. He logged in to the app, and shut it down. 10 minutes later, the driver called and said he was on his way to the office, that the vehicle had gone of itself, not long after he spoke with him. The lasma officers were clueless on what next they could do and had tried to start the vehicle with no luck, he told them the vehicle had issues and he was going to the mechanic to fix. They ended up collecting 2k from him and left him to his faith.

My caller told him not to worry, that he will call him back, and he will be able to start back the vehicle. He went ahead to initiate a recover command and called the driver back to start the vehicle. He did, and vehicle started.

He was so happy, and said only God knows how much he would have parted with if he had not shutdown the vehicle. And to the reason he was calling, he wants us to come over and install on their remaining fleets!

Ho, no problem Sir. Also tell your drivers to obey traffic rules. Of course. He ended the call!

1 Like

Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by 9japarts: 10:58am On Feb 17, 2022
Why have you not installed a tracker in your vehicle?

We are currently doing a promo. Get an installation done for 30k instead of 50k

This promo only applies this week

WhatsApp : 08084662181

Re: A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered by 9japarts: 9:10am On Mar 01, 2022
Toyota Corolla Stolen In Uyo, Recovered In The Evening At Abak With Gps Tracker.

Car hijack, theft and Kidnapping is now on the increase. I implore everyone that has a car to at least install a Car Tracker. This way, you give yourself the chance to recover your vehicle.

Got a call on Sunday, 27th of February around 5pm, form one of our engineers in charge of Uyo installation centre, that a customers vehicle had just been stolen.

He parked the vehicle outside, only to start looking for it like a needle. He called Eng Samuel and reported the theft.

Samuel called the number in the tracker, with intents of getting a text of vehicle location from the tracker, but the number was switched off.

He called me, and told of the occurrence.

Told him send the vehicle plate number, so that I could check from the sever end.

The vehicle was stolen from Ikpa Road Uyo, and driven to Abak Road. The criminals had removed the battery head, so that you wouldn't be able to track it.

Unknowing to them, our trackers record last known location, and also you would be able to view the history of all the places the vehicle had been to.

I called the customer and informed him not to fret, and he will recover his vehicle. That even though the vehicles battery had been removed, but we were able to see the current location from movement history.

Sent the the location to him, and told him to get Google map directions to the place.

Hood enough, he had a spare key, he drove with his friend to the location and recovered his car.

I did not to want to make the thread on the recovery long. Like our last recovery thread. But I will implore, try and get a vehicle GPS Tracker installed in your vehicle.

Your car might be worth nothing to you until it is stolen. May our vehicles not be alluring to thieves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toyota Camry Sound While Driving - Diagnosis Help / 2007 Honda Accord Or 2008 Toyota Camry / Top 25 Used Fuel Efficient Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.