Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million (52537 Views)

Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? / Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA / Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by eeetuk(m): 12:05am On Jan 14, 2022
Bola Tinubu: “We had gone there to set up their accounting and auditing system. It was while on that service that I got my financial break. When I returned to the United States, my employers gave me a huge bonus, which instantly turned me into a millionaire.
“The bonus was $850,000, before taxes. My salaries were also being paid into the bank and I was not touching them. At the time, my salary deposits in the bank had risen to about $1.8 million.”

First, i hope the Internal revenue service (IRS) in US will check the accuracy of this claim by Bola Tinubu , especially if he paid taxes on $1.8 million

Second, there is clear evidence of money laundry in Mr. Tinubu statement. Notice that most of auditing and accounting jobs done by Mr. Tinubu involved oil company, Exxon. Most Nigerians work with foreign oil companies in Nigeria to ship excess oil without official record and get rewarded in foreign countries with million of dollars--paid into their bank accounts. The account of Mr. Tinubu wealth smells like one of those activities--Money laundry.

So, election is a contest of ideas----. I am waiting to see opposition research on Mr. Tinubu claim in the coming months.

2 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by Kamalex2: 12:22am On Jan 14, 2022
Humm hun campaign Don start
Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by Enyimbamercedes: 12:50am On Jan 14, 2022
They left out how he invested the money in shares and grew it to the extent that he needed bullion vans to move it about

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by Metrofox(m): 12:55am On Jan 14, 2022
Mexyz:
$850,000 as travel allowance and bonus?

Like how na?
I'm not buying this burnt pot of beans abeg

Because na him discover Saudi Arabia oil .. The dunce think say na everybody dey queue for rice and amala

3 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by amuwo1980: 12:58am On Jan 14, 2022
See this aregbji man , you made what fortune from where ? You think we are all stupid right , Deloitte paid u commission as what kwanu? You pulled off a series of drug heist mister and stop mentioning ur education in Chicago , there are hundreds of higher institutions in Chicago, which one did u attend?

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by Nobody: 1:36am On Jan 14, 2022
Toluwanise247:

You are sick
You are already condemned. You and your family members.

Shameless blood drinker
Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by Naty007: 1:49am On Jan 14, 2022
It will be very painful if we make this huge mistake of voting for this papa, guys make we shine eyes oh. The country has suffered in the hands of old men
Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by Nobody: 2:02am On Jan 14, 2022
Sebastine1994:

If you believe this stupid story, you need to have your head examined.

A Yahoo boy can tell better story,every criminal can make up anystory.

Let's see your bank statement as at that time.

His story sounds like he went to public toilet and found a bag of cash or that he won a lottery, cock and bull story

Is he the only auditor that has audited a major company account, how many accountants are swimming in millions.

What was the naira to Dollar exchange rate as at then?

Extraordinary claim require extraordinary evidence. Convince us with documénts and facts and an independent verification,

Do thiß people think we are fools or what.

If you think this would give you a soft landing you are mkstaken

I read a report on the state of Chicago conducting investigation on Tinubu sudden wealth and huge account deposits.

So they are trying to tell us that a whole state of Chicago couldn't contact Tinubu employers to ascertain they were the depositors of the money into his personal account?

Money that was deposited by different names. I think the report even contains his account statement and numbers.

I'm sure somebody will find that story on this Nairaland. It's on the newspapers too.

Oya, digging journalists.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by Yankee101: 2:13am On Jan 14, 2022
Covering the drug story b4 it returns

Don't worry, it's already out there

We know what you did last summer
Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by Arabaincubus: 2:31am On Jan 14, 2022
He also earned some wages from Heroin while working as an auditor. The wife was a joint beneficiary of the mkpuru powder. Just look at their eyes.
Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by Blessedassuranc(f): 2:39am On Jan 14, 2022
seunmsg:
This should answer the question of how Tinubu made his money. Baba has been a millionaire in dollars since his private sector days. Atiku on the other hand should come out and tell us how he made his first million. He should explain to Nigerians how an ordinary custom officer retired into billions of dollars.

Shame and calamity will never depart from your home
Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by Leshyne(m): 2:50am On Jan 14, 2022
I wonder who'll believe this? Was he a partner in the auditing firm or just an auditor. There's something wrong with the story.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by tit(f): 2:55am On Jan 14, 2022
SmartPolician:

No. He doesn't.
He serves on the board of Deloitte in Washington DC and helps people to get jobs in the company.
They audit account for the White House.
Whenever that guy visits Nigeria, he stays at Eko Hotel and Suites or Four Points...even though he has houses all over the same axis.
Some people are blessed. Ko

However, you are right.
Tinubu's claim of $850k is FALSE. $1m is a lot of money that a company cannot easily pay a staffer. The man never wan talk how him make money.

So immediate Tinubu graduate from Toronto University, they make him director in Deloitte?
Did he pass professional exams in the US?

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by tiger28: 3:36am On Jan 14, 2022
MasterRahl:
angry

No doubt Tinubu was rich even before venturing into politics.
am sure its very verifiable. because he worked for a fortune 500 company...NOW how did Kanu who was an uneducated BARBER in Brixton make his fortune?

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by KingOKON: 4:01am On Jan 14, 2022
AnonPoet:
This was written by Samuel Ogundipe Of Peoples Gazette.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/201165-i-made-first-millions-tinubu.html?s=09

We need dates and time, not all this "when I was working "
Tinubu is a curse

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by Diligence: 4:02am On Jan 14, 2022
Abi make we invite Guv Ambode who knows BAT well?

Again, who shall deliver Lagos State from BAT and his ilks?
Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by KingOKON: 4:05am On Jan 14, 2022
amuwo1980:
See this aregbji man , you made what fortune from where ? You think we are all stupid right , Deloitte paid u commission as what kwanu? You pulled off a series of drug heist mister and stop mentioning ur education in Chicago , there are hundreds of higher institutions in Chicago, which one did u attend?
. .

....he thinks he is to South west Area boys association
Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by KingOKON: 4:10am On Jan 14, 2022
eeetuk:
Bola Tinubu: “We had gone there to set up their accounting and auditing system. It was while on that service that I got my financial break. When I returned to the United States, my employers gave me a huge bonus, which instantly turned me into a millionaire.
“The bonus was $850,000, before taxes. My salaries were also being paid into the bank and I was not touching them. At the time, my salary deposits in the bank had risen to about $1.8 million.”

First, i hope the Internal revenue service (IRS) in US will check the accuracy of this claim by Bola Tinubu , especially if he paid taxes on $1.8 million

Second, there is clear evidence of money laundry in Mr. Tinubu statement. Notice that most of auditing and accounting jobs done by Mr. Tinubu involved oil company, Exxon. Most Nigerians work with foreign oil companies in Nigeria to ship excess oil without official record and get rewarded in foreign countries with million of dollars--paid into their bank accounts. The account of Mr. Tinubu wealth smells like one of those activities--Money laundry.

So, election is a contest of ideas----. I am waiting to see opposition research on Mr. Tinubu claim in the coming months.

This man got so many storm to tell us, he must be 94yrs old

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/03/bola-tinubu-narrates-how-a-naval-officer-slapped-him/
Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by jditimiya(m): 4:18am On Jan 14, 2022
This story has a dot in it. But that is what people want to hear.
Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by GROWTHSET(m): 4:21am On Jan 14, 2022
Baawaa:
Tinubu is a thief,simple
Did he steal your Father's Money?
Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by fareed69(m): 4:22am On Jan 14, 2022
[quote author=Baawaa post=109345276]Tinubu is a thief,simple[/quote
Prove it

Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by fareed69(m): 4:24am On Jan 14, 2022
sotall:
undecided

Look at this liar! You made that much money and you still went to the US to push drugs?

Beware of those employed by Tinubu to help launder his image. They will bombard the internet space painting Tinubu as an angel.

But just know that he is a thief and a drug pusher.

Were is your proof

Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by Keji1012(m): 4:28am On Jan 14, 2022
atorioke:

Shut up. Una never see anything yet. When the real anti-Tinubu campaign start, shame go make you hide. Make campaign time don dey reach, you go see revelation you go tire. Nor be only Baba has been a millionaire in dollars right from time. Quack media packaging.

This is what Tinubu narrated/said and it doesn't mean it is the truth. Maybe you should do yourself a good by going to a court close to you. Ask a lawyer what cross examination and corroboration of evidence mean. Ekpa!

Don’t mind the guy.

Why can’t tinubu travel to the same USA again since he jumped bail based on drug and drug related offenses ?

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by patrickmuf(m): 4:34am On Jan 14, 2022
Revolution2022:
That was how tinubu said he graduated from Toronto university until the late gani fawehinni investigated and found out that he forged his Toronto university certificate.
Why is he collecting pension when he is not a civil servant who served for 35yrs?
Go and ask same to the past governors of your state?
Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by Navalsadiq(m): 4:37am On Jan 14, 2022
seunmsg:
This should answer the question of how Tinubu made his money. Baba has been a millionaire in dollars since his private sector days. Atiku on the other hand should come out and tell us how he made his first million. He should explain to Nigerians how an ordinary custom officer retired into billions of dollars.
Good and valid point.we await his own side of the story
Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by patrickmuf(m): 4:39am On Jan 14, 2022
Deloitte is still existing, an investigative journalist should get in touch with them to confirm Tinubu's claims...

Instead of you all to claim he is lying, you folks should reach out to Deloitte and get the answers you so desire...

Some of you, in your bid to de-market Tinubu will only help to make him more popular because you lot can't stop talking about him. At this rate, we just might not get to hear of any other aspirant and their plans for the country...

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by princegeo(m): 4:40am On Jan 14, 2022
By the time you returned home. You day millions of dollars in your acc. Just for going to Saudi Arabia for audit .
I hear u
Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by Nobody: 4:48am On Jan 14, 2022
patrickmuf:
Go and ask same to the past governors of your state?
He started the pension fraud before other governors copied from him.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by patrickmuf(m): 4:51am On Jan 14, 2022
Revolution2022:
He started the pension fraud before other governors copied from him.
I am not in support of it but then, if you must criticized him for it, do not fail to hold your state assembly to account for failing to repeal such law...
Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by Nobody: 5:04am On Jan 14, 2022
patrickmuf:
I am not in support of it but then, if you must criticized him for it, do not fail to hold your state assembly to account for failing to repeal such law...
They are his rubber-stamp godchildren.
Re: Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million by expert555: 5:09am On Jan 14, 2022
Where, when, where are the witnesses, comon thie….f story story

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ayiri Emami And His Squad Fly In A Private Jet To Lagos (Photos) / This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) / Shi'ite Leader, El-Zakzaky And Buhari (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.