Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food (3566 Views)

1st Class in Maths: Maniru Ibrahim Gets N9.2bn Scholarship For PhD In Ireland / 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths / What I Did To Help My Child Improve In Maths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by faith2kool(f): 6:56am On Jan 14, 2022
Doris Obenewaa a First Degree holder in mathematics and a Masters holder in Actuarial Science has resorted to selling food due to unemployment.

Narrating her story in an interview, Doris indicates that she holds a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics after which she went ahead to study for an MSc in Actuarial Science, both at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.

She added that during her first year in Akwamuman SHS in Akosombo where she studied General Science, the brilliant young lady lost her mother and in the first year after SHS, her father suffered a terrible stroke.

She resorted to studying Mathematics and barely had any support from anyone as she had to virtually do everything for herself and rely on the kindness of some strangers throughout her four-year school period.

After national service, Doris was offered a 3-month contract and then moved to a contracting company (ESCO company limited) within Goldfields with a role as a Data Analyst.

In less than a year, she was able to gather enough money and enrolled for her Masters in Actuarial Science in KNUST as a distance learning student.

But after a month of starting school, my contract was terminated for the reason that my schooling was taking most of my attention,” Doris recalls.

All of Doris’ savings were exhausted and she never got any other job, for which reason she had to resort to the sales of hair products and then moved on to start cooking, which was always her hobby.

“I loved to cook, garnish & post on my social media page. So I had people admiring my work and encouraging me to start my own food business. In January 2020, she heeded to the advice & invested the little savings I made from my hair product business to start OB’s Kitchen,” Doris narrates.

Speaking of her future aspiration, Doris intends to grow OB’s kitchen into a big restaurant with branches all over Ghana. However, she still seeks a corporate job as she desires to put her studies into use and also pursue a PhD.

source: https://tigblog.com.ng/2022/01/14/meet-lady-with-bsc-in-maths-and-masters-in-actuarial-science-who-sells-food/

1 Like

Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by Lawlab251: 6:57am On Jan 14, 2022
Ok
Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by Zee0007: 7:05am On Jan 14, 2022
Nice one. I wish you more success.
In whatever you do, get certified and acquire a skill. Both are vital.

Don't listen to those that pay more attention to one. The two go hand in hand. Ciao.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by donbachi(m): 7:17am On Jan 14, 2022
No be juju be dat?

1 Like

Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by cherishmichael: 7:31am On Jan 14, 2022
This is the country's fate, it's always the case here and there, even most of the bike riders are graduates.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by marshalcarter: 7:44am On Jan 14, 2022
She's not the first and she won't be the last also... it's just too pitiful that she found herself in a country like this
I know of a master holder that sells akara...make she no vex too much...was in a bus going to iyana ipaja when someone abused the conductor...wetin i hear from the conductor mouth that day shock hell outta me...too bad we're in a blessed country but ruled by demons

8 Likes

Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by BennyDGreat: 8:12am On Jan 14, 2022
marshalcarter:
She's not the first and she won't be the last also... it's just too pitiful that she found herself in a country like this
I know of a master holder that sells akara...make she no vex too much...was in a bus going to iyana ipaja when someone abused the conductor...wetin i hear from the conductor mouth that day shock hell outta me...too bad we're in a blessed country but ruled by demons

Wetin d conductor talk
Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by marshalcarter: 9:06am On Jan 14, 2022
BennyDGreat:

Wetin d conductor talk
The guy really blast the lady with excellent use to grammers...cum tell us say him get HND..b.sc..and masters say na due to the situation of this Una con3 naim result am to dey do conductor... everybody sha just keep quiet inside bus

8 Likes

Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by Rickmann: 9:11am On Jan 14, 2022
faith2kool:
Doris Obenewaa a First Degree holder in mathematics and a Masters holder in Actuarial Science has resorted to selling food due to unemployment.

Narrating her story in an interview, Doris indicates that she holds a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics after which she went ahead to study for an MSc in Actuarial Science, both at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.

She added that during her first year in Akwamuman SHS in Akosombo where she studied General Science, the brilliant young lady lost her mother and in the first year after SHS, her father suffered a terrible stroke.

She resorted to studying Mathematics and barely had any support from anyone as she had to virtually do everything for herself and rely on the kindness of some strangers throughout her four-year school period.

After national service, Doris was offered a 3-month contract and then moved to a contracting company (ESCO company limited) within Goldfields with a role as a Data Analyst.

In less than a year, she was able to gather enough money and enrolled for her Masters in Actuarial Science in KNUST as a distance learning student.

But after a month of starting school, my contract was terminated for the reason that my schooling was taking most of my attention,” Doris recalls.

All of Doris’ savings were exhausted and she never got any other job, for which reason she had to resort to the sales of hair products and then moved on to start cooking, which was always her hobby.

“I loved to cook, garnish & post on my social media page. So I had people admiring my work and encouraging me to start my own food business. In January 2020, she heeded to the advice & invested the little savings I made from my hair product business to start OB’s Kitchen,” Doris narrates.

Speaking of her future aspiration, Doris intends to grow OB’s kitchen into a big restaurant with branches all over Ghana. However, she still seeks a corporate job as she desires to put her studies into use and also pursue a PhD.

source: https://tigblog.com.ng/2022/01/14/meet-lady-with-bsc-in-maths-and-masters-in-actuarial-science-who-sells-food/

Isn't it better for her?

This is one major problem with our tertiary institutional system.. students wasting their precious time with stupid and irrelevant courses. How does one apply actuarial science or mathematics in a failed system like Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by freshkpomo(m): 9:33am On Jan 14, 2022
marshalcarter:
She's not the first and she won't be the last also...

I have one in my area then, this one got so frustrated that she became so unkept and can be mistaken for a mad woman. The situation of Nigeria is very terrible.

Parents invest all they have on their children hoping they will make a living off it someday, but in the end our politicians have eaten the Future... If you are a thief or a Yahoo boys and you choose to dupe poor Nigerian masses instead of politicians, na 3 feet grave them go put you this year

2 Likes

Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 14, 2022
All of u posting up there be true to urselves... how many of una dey work in their field of study today? Most of us did it for our parents just for certificate. Na now sef I dey gather updates with certified professional IT courses to help expand my biz. The truth is always see the good in everything. She has the spirit of a warrior.. never giving up. She will get very far indeed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by marshalcarter: 10:09am On Jan 14, 2022
freshkpomo:

I have one in my area then, this one guy so frustrated that she became so unkept and can be mistaken fir a mad woman. The situation if Nigeria is very terrible.

Parents invest all they have on their children hoping they will make a living off it someday, but in the end our politicians have eaten the Future... If you are a thief or a Yahoo boys and you choose to dupe poor Nigerian masses instead of politicians, na 3 feet grave them go put you this year
I get your point sincerely but the reason you're telling your family that they'll put them 3 feet this year is what i don get....
Can you explain berra pleeaxx
Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 14, 2022
That's y I no bother myself do unnecessary gra gra aka busy body wen I gain admission enter uni, I no jump, shout or do any nonsense thanks giving......I no even bother myself attend matric I just sleep for house, every body dey look me like say I dey possessed, even for graduation and signing out I no go even follow anybody do the nonsense wey dem go do, I go just fold certificate put for my pocket go house, wen u don already sense how the future go dey like, u go just live ur present like say nothing dey happen

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by Amos1423(m): 10:27am On Jan 14, 2022
Our educational system never provided any value, people just waste their time and resources with hope that something tangible would become of them thereof but in the end, Emeka wey serve him master for 4 years and Uche wey go school for fours, Las Las Emeka has learnt value which equals to money while Uche has not only dispointed his parents because the school failed to instill value, Uche is also depressed, frustrated and disappointed at life with a touch of ulcer resulting from many days, mornings and evenings on staying hungry, using the little cash to sort lecturers with hope, just with hope say something fit happen but Las Las Uche wey do computer science no fit touch mouse. May God not allow our children to drink of that tea called PoverTea!

3 Likes

Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 14, 2022
marshalcarter:

I get your point sincerely but the reason you're telling your family that they'll put them 3 feet this year is what i don get....

Wetin u no understand?? E make sense to dupe ur fellow hustler? No be food wey all of us dey find? If u dey find better hustle go collect from those arab princes, hack cbn or any naija politician acct, no go dey put eye for vulcaniser or akara seller wallet, b4 pesin use vex bury u without ur head

1 Like

Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by freshkpomo(m): 10:31am On Jan 14, 2022
marshalcarter:

Ozuo cannot read between the lines...if you be bomber and you dey bomb Yankee, that's not my problem...I go even clap for you...but nor go dey call that old akara Woman for Obazee junction dey tell her to give you bank details say you want fix something for her account, I repeat "na 3 feet grave them go package those type of people put"...

4 Likes

Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by goldfish27(m): 10:35am On Jan 14, 2022
That's Nigerian for you. you cant get things on merit nor by right but by who u know. what a shame
Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by Kiddogarcia(m): 10:39am On Jan 14, 2022
It's what it is jawee,this life na wa.
Na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement tho
Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by marshalcarter: 11:16am On Jan 14, 2022
Senomi:

Wetin u no understand?? E make sense to dupe ur fellow hustler? No be food wey all of us dey find? If u dey find better hustle go collect from those arab princes, hack cbn or any naija politician acct, no go dey put eye for vulcaniser or akara seller wallet, b4 pesin use vex bury u without ur head
I no be bomber ooo biko
Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by alphaNomega: 12:05pm On Jan 14, 2022
Senomi:
That's y I no bother myself do unnecessary gra gra aka busy body wen I gain admission enter uni, I no jump, shout or do any nonsense thanks giving......I no even bother myself attend matric I just sleep for house, every body dey look me like say I dey possessed, even for graduation and signing out I no go even follow anybody do the nonsense wey dem go do, I go just fold certificate put for my pocket go house, wen u don already sense how the future go dey like, u go just live ur present like say nothing dey happen
You must be a hardcore introvert

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by alphaNomega: 12:07pm On Jan 14, 2022
goldfish27:
That's Nigerian for you. you cant get things on merit nor by right but by who u know. what a shame

To be honest, there are places in Nigeria you can get things on merit
Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by Mpcoll001: 12:07pm On Jan 14, 2022
Good for her. There are so many people like her too.
Just like me, I studied physics at the University of Lagos(unilag), but today I am fashion designer/stylist.. Having a degree and craft skill is actually a plus because it would make one stands out among those that are not educated among one's competitors/colleagues in the biz...

We make quality bespoke wears with well sorted quality fabrics...

Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by Kriss216: 12:22pm On Jan 14, 2022
So, what's wrong in selling food?

1 Like

Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 14, 2022
alphaNomega:

You must be a hardcore introvert
Naaa I just know way too much, so I don't bother my life anymore
Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by securitywatch50: 12:46pm On Jan 14, 2022
A
freshkpomo:

Ozuo cannot read between the lines...if you be bomber and you dey bomb Yankee, that's not my problem...I go even clap for you...but nor go dey call that old akara Woman for Obazee junction dey tell her to give you bank details say you want fix something for her account, I repeat "na 3 feet grave them go package those type of people put"...
Amen ooo, you are on point joo
Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by securitywatch50: 12:47pm On Jan 14, 2022
freshkpomo:

I have one in my area then, this one got so frustrated that she became so unkept and can be mistaken for a mad woman. The situation of Nigeria is very terrible.

Amen ooo

1 Like

Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by LordIsaac(m): 1:28pm On Jan 14, 2022
Senomi:
This is exactly what I did. Infact, on the day of my last paper, I wore a deep brown native attire so that no soul would sign on me. I quietly fled home afterwards and prayed.
Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by juniorstar(m): 1:47pm On Jan 14, 2022
U sabi how many phd dey drive trailer? How many bsc holders dey drive keke? How many graduates dey drive okada? How many graduates dey do roadside mama put?..the country is messed up e be like say she be Ghanaian sef. While ppl wey no get the brain dey get the job cos them be concubine bro, sis, nephew, niece of corrupt permanent sec, lga chairman, minister, senator etc..why i must get money cleanse all these mess..am coming for all of them disgrace them and their familes..use my nanobot monitor them for years and all their shady deals with audio and video their phones and laptops and let the masses do them justice. This one go worse pass wiki leaks.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 14, 2022
Senomi:

grin grin grin
Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by ednut1(m): 2:49pm On Jan 14, 2022
After bsc work before getting a masters. Masters will not improve job chances.
Re: Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food by BennyDGreat: 4:07pm On Jan 14, 2022
marshalcarter:

The guy really blast the lady with excellent use to grammers...cum tell us say him get HND..b.sc..and masters say na due to the situation of this Una con3 naim result am to dey do conductor... everybody sha just keep quiet inside bus

Omo this is really pathetic mehn. God help Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Finally, Buhari Approves N456bn For ASUU To End Strike / Muslims Eyes Are Opening Now / Eksu Formerly Unad Finally Release Their Post Utme Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.