Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Buhari And The Return Of Twitter - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And The Return Of Twitter (6842 Views)

Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Suspension Of Twitter In Nigeria / FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And The Return Of Twitter by XXXXTENTACION: 11:15am On Jan 14, 2022
helinues:
Win win for Nigeria

New income generation just initiated.

Things could be more better than this gradually
Unbaning twitter seems to be an achievement to headless zombies like you... cheesy
Re: Buhari And The Return Of Twitter by israelmao(m): 11:18am On Jan 14, 2022
These people lie more than devil himself who is the custodian of lies.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Return Of Twitter by HayTerran: 11:18am On Jan 14, 2022
I'm never a fan of Buhari but two paragraphs into your article already spurt blemishes I have to stop reading.

The statement "those misbehaving shall be dealt in language they understand" could be referring to any group erring, from Bandits, IPOB, Boko Haram to ISWAP and others.

That Twitter deemed this as a threat and clear off Buhari message is also not wrong as Twitter is a professional body that would have stooped so unethical and shallow to do that. That would have portrayed them as a bias group, taking sides - the unlikeliest of any professional body.

His posts were cleared because certain words violated Twitter rules, period!
Re: Buhari And The Return Of Twitter by Mahy001: 12:04pm On Jan 14, 2022
Ok that's good
Re: Buhari And The Return Of Twitter by Businesselites2: 12:07pm On Jan 14, 2022
5 Terms and Conditions Twitter Agreed to Before Nigeria Ban was Lifted
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari, has approved the lifting of the Twitter ban in Nigeria 222 days after he ordered the suspension of the micro-blogging platform’s operations.
According to Abdullahi, the Twitter ban was lifted after the company’s management agreed to a set of terms and conditions laid down by the Nigerian government. Buhari approved the lifting following a memo written to him by Isa Pantami, the minister of communications and digital economy.

https://businesselitesafrica.com/5-terms-and-conditions-twitter-agreed-to-before-nigeria-ban-was-lifted/

Re: Buhari And The Return Of Twitter by goodheart01: 12:17pm On Jan 14, 2022
ZendayaColeman:
Na only him online BMC/TMC urchins him dey deceive now.

The Patriots are waiting for the lifeless bigot to vacate Aso Rock next year.

Akinwunmi Adesina or the lesser devil Osinbajo for president come 2023 that's if this evil forest still dey exist by May 29 2023

will not agree to this statement. So will NLPoliceWoman
Re: Buhari And The Return Of Twitter by Misterone: 2:46pm On Jan 14, 2022
Omooba77:

https://punchng.com/buhari-and-the-return-of-twitter/
stupid write up with slave and inferior mentality written all over. you say Buhari is emotional but he has never reacted to any insult dished out on him. the twitter imbroglio is a plus to Nigeria cause it is also a means of revenue generation.
Re: Buhari And The Return Of Twitter by lexy2014: 7:51pm On Jan 14, 2022
HayTerran:
I'm never a fan of Buhari but two paragraphs into your article already spurt blemishes I have to stop reading.

The statement "those misbehaving shall be dealt in language they understand" could be referring to any group erring, from Bandits, IPOB, Boko Haram to ISWAP and others.

That Twitter deemed this as a threat and clear off Buhari message is also not wrong as Twitter is a professional body that would have stooped so unethical and shallow to do that. That would have portrayed them as a bias group, taking sides - the unlikeliest of any professional body.

How does your concluding sentence negate d message of d article?
Re: Buhari And The Return Of Twitter by lexy2014: 7:53pm On Jan 14, 2022
Misterone:
stupid write up with slave and inferior mentality written all over. you say Buhari is emotional but he has never reacted to any insult dished out on him. the twitter imbroglio is a plus to Nigeria cause it is also a means of revenue generation.

If buhari isn't emotional, why did he ban twitter?

How is twitter imbroglio a means of revenue generation, revenue generation for who?

If u say d twitter issue is a plus for Nigeria as a means of revenue, did buhari not think about it before banning twitter?
Re: Buhari And The Return Of Twitter by Misterone: 11:01pm On Jan 14, 2022
lexy2014:

How is twitter imbroglio a means of revenue generation, revenue generation for who?

If u say d twitter issue is a plus for Nigeria as a means of revenue, did buhari not think about it before banning twitter?
what's this one saying? do you even know how to read and comprehend.
for twitter to ban a statement emanating from the official pages of the president of the Federal republic of Nigeria is a slap on our faces as nigerians. I know you guys think of hurting Buhari and his government therefore anything goes so long as it affects Buhari. you should look beyond your hatred and protect the office of the president because tomorrow someone else will be there.
now on the plus for Nigeria, go and look at the terms and conditions that twitter accepted. they will setup an office in Nigeria. twitter would pay coporate tax to Nigeria. is that not revenue?
Re: Buhari And The Return Of Twitter by lexy2014: 7:00am On Jan 15, 2022
Misterone:
what's this one saying? do you even know how to read and comprehend.
for twitter to ban a statement emanating from the official pages of the president of the Federal republic of Nigeria is a slap on our faces as nigerians. I know you guys think of hurting Buhari and his government therefore anything goes so long as it affects Buhari. you should look beyond your hatred and protect the office of the president because tomorrow someone else will be there.
now on the plus for Nigeria, go and look at the terms and conditions that twitter accepted. they will setup an office in Nigeria. twitter would pay coporate tax to Nigeria. is that not revenue?

I haven't said anything. I only asked u questions. Don't u no d difference? Meanwhile, u are yet to answer my questions:

Whose job is it to protect d office of d president of d federal republic of Nigeria?

Since u say u have looked at d terms and conditions that u say twitter "accepted", can u pls share?

Did twitter say it has "accepted" the terms and conditions?

Has twitter registered in Nigeria? If not, where will d corporate tax come from?
Re: Buhari And The Return Of Twitter by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 15, 2022
HayTerran:

Context is key

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Return Of Twitter by Misterone: 10:27am On Jan 15, 2022
lexy2014:

I haven't said anything. I only asked u questions. Don't u no d difference? Meanwhile, u are yet to answer my questions:

Whose job is it to protect d office of d president of d federal republic of Nigeria?

Since u say u have looked at d terms and conditions that u say twitter "accepted", can u pls share?

Has twitter registered in Nigeria? If not, where will d corporate tax come from?
it was not Buhari that banned twitter but the machinery of government. like I said earlier, that was the official account of the president. the statement that twitter removed was an official statement from the presidency.
also, it is everywhere in the news that twitter has accepted the terms and conditions of Nigeria hence the ban was lifted.
one of the conditions twitter accepted was that they will setup an office in Nigeria with a representative as head. all companies pay tax ( coporate and income). is that not a means of revenue generation? before now, they had not even a footprint in Nigeria but now they will be present in Nigeria.
p.s : the government have said twitter accepted. if it is false, let twitter come out to deny it.
Re: Buhari And The Return Of Twitter by lexy2014: 11:16am On Jan 15, 2022
Misterone:
it was not Buhari that banned twitter but the machinery of government. like I said earlier, that was the official account of the president. the statement that twitter removed was an official statement from the presidency.
also, it is everywhere in the news that twitter has accepted the terms and conditions of Nigeria hence the ban was lifted.
one of the conditions twitter accepted was that they will setup an office in Nigeria with a representative as head. all companies pay tax ( coporate and income). is that not a means of revenue generation? before now, they had not even a footprint in Nigeria but now they will be present in Nigeria.
p.s : the government have said twitter accepted. if it is false, let twitter come out to deny it.

U haven't answered my questions:

I haven't said anything. I only asked u questions. Don't u no d difference?

If buhari isn't emotional, why did he ban twitter? Who is in charge of d "machinery of govt" that was used to ban twitter?

Re: Buhari And The Return Of Twitter by Misterone: 11:44am On Jan 15, 2022
lexy2014:

U haven't answered my questions:

If buhari isn't emotional, why did he ban twitter? Who is in charge of d "machinery of govt" that was used to ban twitter?

like I am talking to a machine. bye and out.
Re: Buhari And The Return Of Twitter by lexy2014: 3:02pm On Jan 15, 2022
Misterone:
like I am talking to a machine. bye and out.

Are u saying that u can't answer d questions:

Re: Buhari And The Return Of Twitter by Asianjollof007: 1:33pm On May 18, 2022
iyatrustee:
I need clarification please about all this talk "na some business people means of survival dem kill for 7mths"

Twitter isn't Instagram where they post their goods and services...how then did the ban affect anybody adversely?

Influencers, some people make money from twitter daily.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Katsina: APC Clears Council Polls As PDP Heads To Court / Nigeria State Security Service Recruitment. / ‘we Want Farmers’ Income To Increase By 80%’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.