Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) (58789 Views)

Black Soot In Rivers: My Nose Looks Like Exhaust & Charcoal (Pictures) / Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) / Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by barragan: 2:03pm On Jan 14, 2022
realstars:
All i see is the none lazy youths working hard to earn a living in a hard and narrow way. but dangerous to life of others.

Thank GOD Dangote's refinary will soon open, call all this people and employ them. They have the knowlage and idear of good production.
that's my thought,

You think this is what they do at a proper refinery?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Midas01: 2:03pm On Jan 14, 2022
So if that one no wear only pant, he no fit do bunkery again ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by EXOUSIAng: 2:04pm On Jan 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
I am not talking about Biafra. If you don't understand what restructuring is all about. Ask questions or do research. The federal system is not working. We have to go back to regional governance. Pick up the 1963 constitution and read then you will understand that the 1999 constitution is killing the progress of the country.
Okay.
You I understand you now.
You mean the Eastern region doesn't want to set up a refinery in a federal system.
Because they want a system they can set up arefinery without approval from government.
I see what you are saying now.
And you mean in other types of government approval will not be required for an individual or a group of people to build a refinery?
You mean Dangote and the other guy dont have sense as they set up their own refineries under this federal system....
And it is also against the culture of the Igbos to set up refineries in a federal type of government......
Waooo
You must be a very intelligent igbo man.
Abeg what school did you attend let's go and collect change.

I know Igbos to be very intelligent people my,
My question is where una go bring this breed wer dey make noise upandan for NO from na.
Ian don dey loss respect as a tribe generally ohhh.
You the smart ones better start speaking up because people like this man are destroying the image of the Igbos with their stewpeedity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by BestRicePlug28(f): 2:04pm On Jan 14, 2022
realstars:
All i see is the none lazy youths working hard to earn a living in a hard and narrow way. but dangerous to life of others.

Thank GOD Dangote's refinary will soon open, call all this people and employ them. They have the knowlage and idear of good production.
that's my thought,

You've brains sir
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Blessedassuranc(f): 2:04pm On Jan 14, 2022
realstars:

that's my thought,

Thats thoughtful of you. But wld prefer of these so call 'illegal' refineries are legalized... All the noise about fuel price increment wld most likely disappear
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by KillIgbohoN0W: 2:04pm On Jan 14, 2022
[s]
Sholaco:
Hahahahahaha we go no where, come 2023 we shall rule over you..for that reason bro, i will urge you to shun bitterness and raise above the hate grin
[/s]

The drug baron criminal is going to jail this year. We don nab him COAS yesterday. Game over!
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by do4luv14(m): 2:05pm On Jan 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
If this country is restructured. The Eastern region can set up refineries on their own without waiting for useless approval from the failed federal government.

Southern my good man
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Nyanabo(m): 2:06pm On Jan 14, 2022
Omniman:
Government should:
1. Use drone to survey inspect the origin of the soot...

2. Identify and mark the location

3. Send troops/ ground soldiers to make arrest...

4. Secure / deconterminate the sites.

Problem solved....

Why have they deployed same for Boko Haram, bandits and ipob undecided
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Blessedassuranc(f): 2:06pm On Jan 14, 2022
SamuelLoch:
What are they doing exactly in those photos? Refining oil locally?

Yes

1 Like

Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by tutudesz: 2:06pm On Jan 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
you still don't get it. Pick what was workable in that constitution and apply then amendment could be carried out to suit the present. We can have six geographical zones.
Restructuring means different things to different region. South South and South West want resource control, South East wants 1963 constitution, etc.
But it's not the reason for illegal refineries in Rivers
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Eriokanmi: 2:06pm On Jan 14, 2022
dominique:

What is with you Nigerians and the rewarding of criminals with employment? So Dangote refinery should overlook the thousands of graduates of chemical and petroleum engineering and go and employ this bunch of criminals causing havoc in the society? Do you know how many lives these people have destroyed with their adulterated petroleum products? We should overlook all these and grant them employment at the expense of the qualified graduates. Clap for yourself
I don't agree with you. Those engaged in illegal refining aren't touts. They're same petroleum engineering graduates you referred to in your post. Do you and i know how to refine? We've got no background knowledge of it. Our government has failed us. In a responsible society, these guys would be supported to establish modern modular refineries which the federal government once made so much noise about without any meaningful result. Several people even applied for the licence but they looked elsewhere. This is why I'm always an advocate of revolution in this country. These guys risk their lives doing what they knew how to do best, they're not bandits, neither are they kidnappers. See how committed they are on the job. The so called soot had always been there. They should task the oil companies on clean up of the region in which they operate, not those guys who work hard to male ends meet. You're saying illegal refineries should stop but you're not issuing licence to those who were ready to do business, but to your cronies only. That's not equity, fairness and justice.

Do you know that, what these guys refine is as pure as anything? Most of the speed boats operating in the niger delta use their diesel to operate. They sell to petrol stations too. The day I heard a documentary on the products of these so called illegal refineries, I almost cursed our government for not allowing private firms to set up a refineries thereby put an end to the subsidy and importation of petroleum products. You can imagine what over 2,000 registered and operational modular refineries would have contributed in terms of local consumption of petroleum products.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by openmine(m): 2:07pm On Jan 14, 2022
tuoyoojo:
Why cant the govt do this?

Give permission for building small modular refineries to aid the moribund one in Port Harcourt

For those caught in this sabotage, Prosecute, Rehabilitate and reintegrate them to society. They may be helpful in running these mini refineries

As long as the need for diesel is there, these people would not go away completely
True!
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by membranus: 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2022
KillIgbohoN0W:
What sort of rubbish is this?

Afonjas go enter God is Good to Asaba, trek to Port Harcourt and start causing mayhem. Wike should round up all the Afonjas in PH and tie them to a barrel at Ifoko beach & waste them like the criminals that they are.

Buhari's boy boy, help Wike to murder the Yorubas you dey envy in your city if your governor is too busy to do it for you. Maybe when you drink all their blood you will have peace of mind.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Blessedassuranc(f): 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2022
obembet:
One thing I know it's that it's either Rivers state people continue with black soot or bad boy, criminals , arm robbers, kidnappers come back the state. People that leave in Rivers that can confirmed that we have been enjoying peace from this people cos of this bad business.. I just hope government with take care of everything.

God bless Rivers State

Thunder fire Buhari and his supporters

Very very true . Moreover this kpofire has reduced some sort of hardship for some people in rivers state
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Nicepoker(m): 2:09pm On Jan 14, 2022
tutudesz:

Is Rivers State the only oil producing state Why is Delta, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom not experiencing the same
If you push them out from Rivers State you think they won't set up camps in those states you mentioned? Take for instance the insecurities we are having in the country are you aware it has spread to almost every parts of Nigeria. When looking for a solution for a serious problem tackle it from the root. Restructuring is that solution. We will have state police meaning the security architecture will be structured closer to it's citizens. And a whole lot of other advantages.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by MondayOsunbor(m): 2:09pm On Jan 14, 2022
Omniman:
Government should:

Problem solved....

why not give them license , regulate and tax them

income for the state government and employment for the youth!!
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by dprice(m): 2:10pm On Jan 14, 2022
Brandonx:
I would like to invest in this local refinery

come make we do real business
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by onojaford(m): 2:10pm On Jan 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
If this country is restructured. The Eastern region can set up refineries on their own without waiting for useless approval from the failed federal government.
Oboy! Your brain is still functioning. The only thing I keep thinking about. I mean, so there are folks who can even run DIY oil refinery.

The problem is that people who have money in this part of the world hate to support development with their money. They can never support anything good.

Meanwhile, I stop here before I type gibberish.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Bigfish121(m): 2:10pm On Jan 14, 2022
The drone surveillance should be carried out at night.That is when they usually operate.when I was still staying in ph,when I wake up early in the morning let me say 5am i have this difficulty in breathing. Thank God I am no longer staying there.

Omniman:
Government should:

Problem solved....
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by melviniyke2002(m): 2:12pm On Jan 14, 2022
Omniman:
Government should:

Problem solved....
grin lol baba think say him dey usa
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by tutudesz: 2:12pm On Jan 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
If you push them out from Rivers State you think they won't set up camps in those states you mentioned? Take for instance the insecurities we are having in the country are you aware it has spread to almost every parts of Nigeria. When looking for a solution for a serious problem tackle it from the root. Restructuring is that solution. We will have state police meaning the security architecture will be structured closer to it's citizens. And a whole lot of other advantages.
They can't set camp in Bayelsa or Delta State, because the communities will deal with them. We took that decision
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by oneMalik: 2:13pm On Jan 14, 2022
Big prob for the Niger/delta govs . they are all doing nothing just noise here and there . imagine Gov. Wike declaring ilegal oil refiners wanted , is he normal at all ? what stop the state govt from building like 4 to 5 modular refineries in rivérs state in the first place ? How much does it cost to build 1 that rivers state wouldn't be able to afford even 10 and see how this trash stop .
all they know is looking for foreign investors here and there while foreigners are suppose to be begging for visa to come here .
Clueless leaders .
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Nicepoker(m): 2:13pm On Jan 14, 2022
tutudesz:

Restructuring means different things to different region. South South and South West want resource control, South East wants 1963 constitution, etc.
But it's not the reason for illegal refineries in Rivers
with restructuring those illegal refineries will die a natural death. A region like south South can come up and set up a refineries of their own this will create employment for most of those youths. You can't be waiting for FG to give you approval for something they know it won't benefit them.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by ransomed: 2:16pm On Jan 14, 2022
They declared the youths are LAZY, the youths decide to be productive hence, the picture of the production line.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by SeekerP3: 2:16pm On Jan 14, 2022
realstars:

that's my thought,
Lol
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Nicepoker(m): 2:16pm On Jan 14, 2022
tutudesz:

They can't set camp in Bayelsa or Delta State, because the communities will deal with them. We took that decision
But illegal bunkering is still going on in those places. See one thing with criminal activities if you don't kill it from the base it's grows another stronger branch.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Misterone: 2:17pm On Jan 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
stupid talk! there are over a 100 licences presently issued by government to build one sort of refinery or the other but most have failed to take up the challenge. now you blame government.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by tutudesz: 2:17pm On Jan 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
with restructuring those illegal refineries will die a natural death. A region like south South can come up and set up a refineries of their own this will create employment for most of those youths. You can't be waiting for FG to give you approval for something they know it won't benefit them.
Agreed!! Both putting the lives of others is wrong and that why they should be treated has Criminals
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
true.. but both the whole politicians from all angles won't allow it.
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 14, 2022
[quote author=Senomi post=109359248][/quote] ayya tears. When he was hustling where was your dad?
Re: This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) by tutudesz: 2:19pm On Jan 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
But illegal bunkering is still going on in those places. See one thing with criminal activities if you don't kill it from the base it's grows another stronger branch.
bunkering is still going on, but not the refining of product

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Soap Do You Use? / Why Do Some People Go About Without Bathing After Sex? / 6 New Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria. Total of 238 confirmed cases. 35 discharged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.