Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:25 AM

Heavy Bomb Blast Hits Police Headquarters In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavy Bomb Blast Hits Police Headquarters In Abuja (479 Views)

Photos From Jimeta Police-Headquarters Yola Bomb Blast Today / David Mark Pays Buhari A Visit At The APC Headquarters In Abuja. Photos / Photos Of Boko Haram Patrolling Gombe And Razed Kawdon Police Headquarters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Heavy Bomb Blast Hits Police Headquarters In Abuja by newspapers: 1:21pm On Jun 19, 2011
A heavy bomb blast rocked police headquarters in the Nigerian capital Abuja on Thursday.
Witnesses said authorities had cordoned off the roads approaching the police station and ambulances and fire engines were at the scene. The television stations NTA, Channels and AIT all reported that the blast had been caused by a bomb.

“My windows were shaking and I heard the loud noise. I saw smoke coming up. I think it was from the car park of the police station,” one witness said.

A series of explosions and attacks targeting police and fire service headquarters rocked north-eastern Nigeria last week, suspected to have been carried out by a radical Islamist sect.

Boko Haram, which says it wants a wider application of sharia (Islamic law) in Africa’s most populous nation, has warned that it will carry out further attacks across the country if its demands are not met.

A suspected suicide bomber was killed and many vehicles were destroyed in the explosion at a police station, the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) said in a report from the Jerusalem Post.

“A suicide bomber died in the incident and many vehicles were destroyed,” a spokesman for NEMA told Reuters. “NEMA has successfully cordoned off the motor park site of police headquarters where the explosion occurred.”

Source: http://www.nigerianewspapers.com.ng/heavy-bomb-blast-hits-police-headquarters-in-abuja/
Re: Heavy Bomb Blast Hits Police Headquarters In Abuja by Syenite(m): 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2011
@ newpapers, which newspaper company are you? Your clock is 74hrs late!! angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Can You Forgive Boko Haram / Is Obj The Best President Since The Return To Civil Rule? / 2 Weeks To General Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.