Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants (28179 Views)

"We Are Too Much In UK Thats Why Light Went Off" Nigerian Man Says (video) / US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants / Drop Box Visa Applicants Say U.S. Is Revoking And Cancelling Valid Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by AnthonyAk(m): 4:54am On Jan 16, 2022
Toefl has an expiry date as well. But tbh if one can't pass ielts it's very telling

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by iamclime(m): 4:58am On Jan 16, 2022
Be enlightened. You can actually use a credit pass in English in WAEC for admission purposes into many UK schools. Don't always be in a rush to argue what you don't know. Peace.

What is dis one saying bayii again? Use Waec to enter UK school as Par UK na capital of Nigeria… do u even know what Waec stands for? I’m not sure they even accept that nonsense exam in SA self u are talking about UK… that nonsense exam na only west African countries abeg[/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Shokoloko(f): 5:18am On Jan 16, 2022
I also wrote to IELTS asking how possible it was for proficiency in a language used everyday to be reduced within 24 months? No response

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Nozino: 5:31am On Jan 16, 2022
Lexusgs430:
Rather than blame the UK imposed charges, blame your standard of education...........

It's a capitalist world ...........

What is wrong with our standard of Education in this scenario??

If I live in a country where English is the official language, and I wrote and passed the exam, why do I need to rewrite the same exam after two years? Does my ability to speak or communicate in the language automatically reduces after two years? Call it what it is. Exploitation!!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Speakright79(m): 5:31am On Jan 16, 2022
This is a glaring failure of our government to protect our interests. For crying out loud Nigeria adopted English language as its official language for education, business, government and everything. English is our lingua franca. Why should Nigerians who have school certificates be subjected to this abuse by the UK by insisting on ielts? Our government should have fought this unfair policy diplomatically. Every educated Nigerian can speak and write in English at least at the basic level and that should be sufficient for applying to study or immigrate to the UK. Our leaders should wake up and fight this disgusting oppression of their citizens.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Lexusgs430: 5:34am On Jan 16, 2022
Nozino:

If I live in a country where English is the official language, and I wrote and passed the exam, why do I need to rewrite the same exam after two years? Does my ability to speak or communicate in the language automatically reduces after two years? Call it what it is. Exploitation!!!!

Then remain in Nigeria...... They have not to forced anyone to travel ......... cheesy
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by sharone21(f): 5:36am On Jan 16, 2022
Price is better in Naija.

In Cameroon, it is almost X2 of Naira in FRS.
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by iLoveYouToo(m): 5:37am On Jan 16, 2022
Where una dey get these exchange rates Abeg?

1 Like

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Lexusgs430: 5:41am On Jan 16, 2022
Nozino:

Have you been to places in nigeria, that don't speak english?.......

Have you heard some so called graduates, speak and spell english word's ?.....

If you haven't, watch JoJo filani on YouTube........

Also blame your government, for it's massive failure in providing a thriving environment....... You thought if nigeria was not a failed state, the rate of migration would be this high, for certain professions?...

Have you queried how much the nigerian government charges, for a nigerian visa ?.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Nozino: 5:45am On Jan 16, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Then remain in Nigeria...... They have not to forced anyone to travel ......... cheesy

If only i was president. Diplomatic relations with other countries would have been based on reciprocity. British and Canadian experts including Diplomatic staff should be made to write the Exam before getting visas to Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Awoleesu(m): 5:49am On Jan 16, 2022
Lanspower:
You are right bro. I think the two-year validity of the test score is largely exploitative. I did mine in 2014, got an overall band 8, but never had the opportunity to use it. Why English tests dey expire is beyond my comprehension. The order other exploitative scheme is WES, a credential evaluation scheme that costs hundreds of dollars but has a validity of only two five years!

You're right!
I wonder why every other certificate like your SSCE, Diploma/Degree, Birth certificate etc don't expire, but a highly monitored and securely verified language exam is shelf lived!
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Nozino: 5:51am On Jan 16, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Have you been to places in nigeria, that don't speak english?.......

Have you heard some so called graduates, speak and spell english word's ?.....

If you haven't, watch JoJo filani on YouTube........

Also blame your government, for it's massive failure in providing a thriving environment....... You thought if nigeria was not a failed state, the rate of migration would be this high, for certain professions?...

Have you queried how much the nigerian government charges, for a nigerian visa ?.....

I’m not entirely against IELTS, my argument is that for someone, anyone with a post secondary school qualification, IELTS should be waived. If for any reason this cannot work, then the year of validity should be increased. I can’t unlearn a language I did so well in, a language I still speak and use in all official correspondence under two years.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Affam: 5:54am On Jan 16, 2022
Sarmiz24:

What is dis one saying bayii again? Use Waec to enter UK school as Par UK na capital of Nigeria… do u even know what Waec stands for? I’m not sure they even accept that nonsense exam in SA self u are talking about UK… that nonsense exam na only west African countries abeg
See how u are arguing about what u don't know. He is very right oga, y not make ur research?

5 Likes

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Bluntemperor: 5:56am On Jan 16, 2022
nairavsdollars:
Did they force them to apply?

No,No,No madam!
That is not a good reply,as they were never forced but like others that wants better lives,they can move,if given the opportunity!
The issue now is- those Nigerians-abroad and local representative of the IELTS are fraudulent in disguise,as there is no-guarantee that after Nigerians passed the test,they will automatically be granted the Visas to the Country or Schools of their choice!
That is the big -deal for these Nigerians!
Even those Countries and may be the Institutions that makes such requirements, should never have done so in the first place!
- are they not aware that Nigeria is an English speaking Country and the best they can do is to set their Standard Entrance Exams on English for those coming to pass,if they are really serious.
- that is why a serious Country looks deeper into these abroad - activities to see,if her Citizens are being ripped off as its being done presently and unfortunately,even popular and we'll known Institutions are very much involved,even in Lagos!
- why should Nigerians abroad be saping other Nigerians at home under disguise,when you know fully many are not going,as the Visa may not even be granted,?
It is also a warning to Nigerians-to be weary of dubious activities of many Institutions abroad with local affliation that they are frauds and thieves in disguise!
Unfortunately,our govt looks elsewhere!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by cloud(m): 5:56am On Jan 16, 2022
Sarmiz24:

What is dis one saying bayii again? Use Waec to enter UK school as Par UK na capital of Nigeria… do u even know what Waec stands for? I’m not sure they even accept that nonsense exam in SA self u are talking about UK… that nonsense exam na only west African countries abeg
i put it to you that you don't know what you are saying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Lexusgs430: 6:00am On Jan 16, 2022
Nozino:

If only i was president. Diplomatic relations with other countries would have been based on reciprocity. British and Canadian experts including Diplomatic staff should be made to write the Exam before getting visas to Nigeria.

Now you are talking....... But you would have to consider, rate of cross migration into nigeria........

Not attempting to cut your throat, to hurt your tongue.......... cheesy
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Lexusgs430: 6:02am On Jan 16, 2022
Nozino:

I’m not entirely against IELTS, my argument is that for someone, anyone with a post secondary school qualification, IELTS should be waived. If for any reason this cannot work, then the year of validity should be increased. I can’t unlearn a language I did so well in, a language I still speak and use in all official correspondence under two years.

If they have built an attractive economy, people would love to migrate.........

Why is our economy not equally attractive?....
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Nozino: 6:02am On Jan 16, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Now you are talking....... But you would have to consider, rate of cross migration into nigeria........

Not attempting to cut your throat, to hurt your tongue.......... cheesy

I did factor it. But guess who will be at the receiving end? Not Nigerians! We are used to all this nonsense suffering. But imagine a Brit or Canadian having to write the exam!!
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Nozino: 6:05am On Jan 16, 2022
Lexusgs430:

If they have built an attractive economy, people would love to migrate.........

Why is our economy not equally attractive?....

This isn’t the topic of discussion sir.

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by ugom123: 6:06am On Jan 16, 2022
LaJoe2:
these guys chopped my money thrice in my bid to move to Canada. I believe they also intentionally score applicants down to keep on repeating the exam, because i heard its much easier writing abroad, people get better scores there. All the same, its a scam. You write this exam, manage to pass and meet the qualifications to move to Canada, then get there and meet people that can't even speak English well such as the Chinese, and you're wondering how the Hell did they get there, why so much burden on Nigerians? they capitalized on our high demand to move there. At the end of the day, na to work as Waiter or Ticketer.

They are using that to reduce the number of people who will show interest to leave. The demand to leave Nigeria is very high. They are not the ones who forced us to keep electing useless leaders. And they arent the ones who said we should continue to run a useless constitution

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by swankylay(m): 6:07am On Jan 16, 2022
In a working country, this test shouldn't be allowed for citizens seeking admission into overseas universities.... We were colonized by UK (English speaking country), we speak English, we write in English, we learn in English and you're still telling me bfr we gain admission, we need to write an English test O wrong nao. It should be for francophone and other non native English speaking countries

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Lexusgs430: 6:11am On Jan 16, 2022
Nozino:

This isn’t the topic of discussion sir.

It is, Sir.......

Why are people writing the exam, to migrate and remain.... If something was not attracting them......
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Lexusgs430: 6:14am On Jan 16, 2022
Nozino:

I did factor it. But guess who will be at the receiving end? Not Nigerians! We are used to all this nonsense suffering. But imagine a Brit or Canadian having to write the exam!!

Bilateral relationship is important, but what do you have to offer, that other parties, wants a slice of ?.....

1 Like

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Nozino: 6:18am On Jan 16, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Bilateral relationship is important, but what do you have to offer, that other parties, wants a slice of ?.....

Reciprocity. If they don’t write the Exam, no visa. There’s a choice attached, if they can’t, they won’t get the visa. It’s their decision to stay or close their embassy. I know the UK has too much to loose with this arrangement.

Why are you so pro IELTS?

I went through your profile and you aren’t in Nigeria. You’re British! No wonder.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Lexusgs430: 6:38am On Jan 16, 2022
Nozino:

Reciprocity. If they don’t write the Exam, no visa. There’s a choice attached, if they can’t, they won’t get the visa. It’s their decision to stay or close their embassy. I know the UK has too much to loose with this arrangement.

I went through your profile and you aren’t in Nigeria. You’re British! No wonder.

Ayam not briish....... cheesy
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Nosayer: 6:40am On Jan 16, 2022
iamclime:

Be enlightened. You can actually use a credit pass in English in WAEC for admission purposes into many UK schools. Don't always be in a rush to argue what you don't know. Peace.

Oga, he's actually saying the truth. You can use WAEC to gain admission into UK schools for master's or even PhD. With my WAEC, I had unconditional offers into two Russell group of Universities in the UK in 2020, while another two were conditional because my transcripts was unofficial.

Just do your own research. Sometimes, you can even mail them and tell them your specific situation. If you can do your research well, IELTS is only used to drop people in highly competitive schools like Oxford (sometimes though), Harvard, Stanford etc. But if you can prove yourself again, you're good.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by PeachtreeReside(f): 6:42am On Jan 16, 2022
Oyinbo sense ehn.....
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Lexusgs430: 6:43am On Jan 16, 2022
Nozino:

If you own a cash-cow, would you prematurely kill it .......... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Nozino: 6:44am On Jan 16, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Ayam not briish....... cheesy

Are you sure??
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by kayuseful: 6:46am On Jan 16, 2022
Sarmiz24:

I'm not talking of undergrad studies oga
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Handsum64: 6:47am On Jan 16, 2022
Danjikanbauchi:
Afonjas can collaborate with anybody to defraud Nigerians.

They did it with fulanis and we all can testify of the outcome.
Wounded PDP looter

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Escapes Death As Van Somersaults, Explodes (photo) / FG Orders Deportation Of 36 Indians, Two Koreans (names) / I Want To Migrate To Switzerland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.