Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,891 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:05 AM

My Discovery About Salary!!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Discovery About Salary!!! (829 Views)

My Discovery About Private Schools / What Are Your Thoughts About Salary Negotiations Initiated On The Phone / Forget About Salary, This Is What You Should Look Out For Before Quiting Yourjob (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Discovery About Salary!!! by zedegit: 2:04pm On Jan 15, 2022
There was a time I was earning #30 000. My prayer then was that I should get a job where I would be earning #50 000. Now my monthly earning is nearing #100 000 and I suddenly realized that naira has no value.

I am single and I wonder how married people survive earning minimum wage.

Gone are the days one prays to be a millionaire because 1 million naira itself has no value. It can only get you a second hand car.

Chai! cry

2 Likes

Re: My Discovery About Salary!!! by KillIgbohoN0W: 2:06pm On Jan 15, 2022
Waiting for the "I am my own boss" crew to troop in here...

1 Like

Re: My Discovery About Salary!!! by nakaman: 2:13pm On Jan 15, 2022
it's quite unfortunate
Re: My Discovery About Salary!!! by Snitch24(m): 2:18pm On Jan 15, 2022
zedegit:
There was a time I was earning #30 000. My prayer then was that I should get a job where I would be earning #50 000. Now my monthly earning is nearing #100 000 and I suddenly realized that naira has no value.

Gone are the days one prays to be a millionaire because 1 million naira itself has no value. It can only get you a second hand car.

Chai! cry
1m for wsh type of second hand car
Re: My Discovery About Salary!!! by slimjohn2k5: 2:34pm On Jan 15, 2022
Salary can never be enough, even if u earn one million monthly. Your taste will go to 2million.

My advise, is if u cannot save in little u can't with much

2 Likes

Re: My Discovery About Salary!!! by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:03pm On Jan 15, 2022
Which car will one million buy. You can't even get a tokunbo Toyota Camry tiny lite with one million.
Re: My Discovery About Salary!!! by yomi007k(m): 4:23pm On Jan 15, 2022
You are earning N100,000 amd not grateful.

You have not asked how people without income or jobs feel.

2 Likes

Re: My Discovery About Salary!!! by zedegit: 7:52pm On Jan 15, 2022
yomi007k:
You are earning N100,000 amd not grateful.

You have not asked how people without income or jobs feel.

It's not about being grateful but facing the economic reality on ground.

1 Like

Re: My Discovery About Salary!!! by yomi007k(m): 10:10pm On Jan 15, 2022
zedegit:

It's not about being grateful but facing the economic reality on ground.

What I typed is also a reality. There are less jobs and more hardship for people not earning at all.
Re: My Discovery About Salary!!! by zedegit: 5:38am On Jan 16, 2022
yomi007k:

What I typed is also a reality. There are less jobs and more hardship for people not earning at all.

That's a falacy. You need to learn a skill or fill a need to know that what you typed is just an excuse to be lazy.

Have you carried foodstuffs in a barrow into a busy market and nobody bought it?

Have you opened a barbing salon or opened a tailoring outfit and nobody patronized you?

Did you do research on the course you chose before entering the university?
Tell yourself the truth. This is 2022.

1 Like

Re: My Discovery About Salary!!! by Stephenomozzy(m): 6:10am On Jan 16, 2022
zedegit:

That's a falacy. You need to learn a skill or fill a need to know that what you typed is just an excuse to be lazy.

Have you carried foodstuffs in a barrow into a busy market and nobody bought it?

Have you opened a barbing salon or opened a tailoring outfit and nobody patronized you?

God bless you Brother. The world is now a global workplace... That your country or immediate environment doesn't have an opening doesn't mean there are no jobs!

We must learn to create opportunities for ourselves. And not just learning the skill... Become sooo good at it that you'll be sought after. You can also leverage on the knowledge market by providing your knowledge as a service and get your money.

The truth is, we are too dependent on the Nigerian economy setting a table before us in the presence of our failed leaders.

Indeed someone earning 40k 8 years ago has a better purchasing power than the person earning 100k today.

1 Like

Re: My Discovery About Salary!!! by yomi007k(m): 6:20am On Jan 16, 2022
zedegit:

Laziness is not for me.

I have two jobs and work 28 days a month.
Re: My Discovery About Salary!!! by zedegit: 9:00am On Jan 16, 2022
yomi007k:

Laziness is not for me.

I have two jobs and work 28 days a month.

Then it's means that your previous write-up is irrelevant.
Re: My Discovery About Salary!!! by Uyi168: 1:04pm On Jan 16, 2022
zedegit:

How many tailors and barbers do u see doing very well?

at the end, the same Nigeria bleep us all. cry
Re: My Discovery About Salary!!! by Gerrard59(m): 2:01pm On Jan 16, 2022
zedegit:

Chai! cry

Simple economics, the higher your earnings, the higher your expenses.

1 Like

Re: My Discovery About Salary!!! by zedegit: 2:52pm On Jan 16, 2022
Uyi168:
How many tailors and barbers do u see doing very well?

at the end, the same Nigeria bleep us all. cry

It's not about doing "very well" which is relative.

Your own might be earning #1 Milla monthly as doing "very well" while mine might be when earning #200 000 monthly.

The most important thing is they get to satisfy their basic needs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Discovery About Salary!!! by Rubyjade: 4:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
grin
zedegit:

Chai! cry

(1) (Reply)

Shy To Talk: You Need Help! / Top 7 Best App That Pays Real Money In 2022 / Mcse Exam Dump Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.