Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Naija Family Living In Brazil - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Naija Family Living In Brazil (18968 Views)

Wives Living In Nigeria And Husbands Abroad: My Encounter / World Shortest Married Couple In Brazil (Photos) / Meet The Happy Family Living With HIV And They Are 100% Healthy (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Family Living In Brazil by KristineLG: 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2022
Hello,
Tudo bem!
Happy New Year!

The idea of the page or thread is to provide information that can assist you while in Brazil.

I have been in Brazil for some time now and it has been extraordinary awesome.I have met a lot of good people and also some bad ones as well.

You can share your experience with us here and we can connect as the time goes on.

Cheers

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by dehiero: 4:29pm On Jan 15, 2022
KristineLG:
Hello,
Tudo bem!
Happy New Year!

The idea of the page or thread is to provide information that can assist you while in Brazil.

I have been in Brazil for some time now and it has been extraordinary awesome.I have met a lot of good people and also some bad ones as well.

You can share your experience with us here and we can connect as the time goes on.

Cheers
What city are you based
Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by KristineLG: 4:30pm On Jan 15, 2022
[center][/center]HOW IS YOUR PORTUGUESE LEARNING GOING?

Hello,

Learning a new language was not a big issue for me as I for-see a bigger picture for more opportunities in Brazil

I am a native English speaker
Portuguese @40%
French @20%
Spanish @20%

There are lot of opportunities you can achieve with the language you speak in terms of job opportunities too.

It's all about what you want and determination on how to get it.

Remember learning a new language is also a good skill that can earn you money

Is this applicable to you, share with us and let someone learn

We are Nigerians, lets help one another with a good mindset

Cheers!

KristineLG:
Hello,
Tudo bem!
Happy New Year!

Cheers
Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by KristineLG: 4:31pm On Jan 15, 2022
Sao Paulo

and you?
dehiero:

What city are you based
Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by dehiero: 4:33pm On Jan 15, 2022
KristineLG:
Sao Paulo

and you?
Lagos Nigeria grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by KristineLG: 4:40pm On Jan 15, 2022
WHICH DO YOU LIKE - NIGERIAN / BRAZILIAN FOOD WHILE IN BRAZIL

Kristine love to explore and when it comes to food i tried a lot of Brazilian meals.
Some Brazilian dishes I can comfortable make in my home because my kids also needs to adjust to Brazilian foods as well

Beans/Ewa - Fejiao, the most commonest food in Brazil, If you have not tried it out, please do

I really missed some Nigerian meals like correct Pounded yam, Ofada rice and its sauce, Moin-Moin ele mi meje (ahahahhaa)

How was it like ordering food online in Brazil, Share your experience

Cheers!!!

KristineLG:
[center][/center]HOW IS YOUR PORTUGUESE LEARNING GOING?

Hello,

Learning a new language was not a big issue for me as I for-see a bigger picture for more opportunities in Brazil

I am a native English speaker
Portuguese @40%
French @20%
Spanish @20%

There are lot of opportunities you can achieve with the language you speak in terms of job opportunities too.

It's all about what you want and determination on how to get it.

Remember learning a new language is also a good skill that can earn you money

Is this applicable to you, share with us and let someone learn

We are Nigerians, lets help one another with a good mindset

Cheers!

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by KristineLG: 4:43pm On Jan 15, 2022
Nice,

I think I saw some of your comments on another thread wrt Brazil

Planning on coming here soon?

dehiero:

Lagos Nigeria grin
Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by dehiero: 5:00pm On Jan 15, 2022
KristineLG:
Nice,

I think I saw some of your comments on another thread wrt Brazil

Planning on coming here soon?

Sure thing

1 Like

Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by pansophist(m): 5:28pm On Jan 15, 2022
One of my very good classmate was Brazilian from Sao Paolo. She always miss Brazil when we were studying and never fail to go back during holidays. Her energy is just like African. Lively, friendly and extroverted with a blunt sense of humour.

Eu amo o Brasil.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by MufasaLion: 5:53pm On Jan 15, 2022
walkbrazil4k, your attention is needed.

2 Likes

Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by Adaanna(f): 6:03pm On Jan 15, 2022
dehiero:

Lagos Nigeria grin

grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by KristineLG: 6:16pm On Jan 15, 2022
You have said it all

Brazilians are loving people and very generous as well

When I arrived here, I got loads of stuffs - clothings etc. from them.

Having a Brazilian as a neighbor was one of the best thing settling down here. They are always willing to help. Till now, am so surprised

They are always willing to help. The sight of pregnant women excites them and they love kids so well.

Have you been to Brazil before?

pansophist:
One of my very good classmate was Brazilian from Sao Paolo. She always miss Brazil when we were studying and never fail to go back during holidays. Her energy is just like African. Lively, friendly and extroverted with a blunt sense of humour.

Eu amo o Brasil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by KristineLG: 6:42pm On Jan 15, 2022
SHOPPING IN BRAZIL

My first meal was ordered on Uber Eat (Rice andd Beans (Arroz and Fejiaoda) and when it arrived, I was so surprised. I will gist you more on that on few culture shocks I had, anyways I was ready to explore.

I could not be ordering food all the time since I need to use my cash well

Few places I shopped that enabled me save some cash

* Buying food items at Fiera (Mini markets around the streets) - This happens at different time of the week depending on your location. Some it could be every MOnday or Thursday every week, It depends. The best person to ask is your neighbour.
You can buy food items and small appliances here and you can bargain as well

* Buying items on Discount days in supermarkets such as Dia, Extra, Carrefour, Barbosa, Muffato, Zaffari, Hipermercado etc

* This one is the baba of them all, Buying in bulk in Atacado, Supeco at unbeliveable prices

For cooking Nigerian delicacies was bit slow for me on how to get the ingredients but with the loving people around me and getting to explore my environment, it was easy breezy.

Watch out for some pictures of food cooked by me in Brazil.

More topics coming up on How to get good clothes, do personal shopping, sightseeing and have fun in Brazil especially with the right people.

To my few followers, kindly share my page/thread.....xoxo

Cheers!!!

NAIJA FAMILY LIVING IN BRAZIL

KristineLG:
WHICH DO YOU LIKE - NIGERIAN / BRAZILIAN FOOD WHILE IN BRAZIL

Kristine love to explore and when it comes to food i tried a lot of Brazilian meals.
Some Brazilian dishes I can comfortable make in my home because my kids also needs to adjust to Brazilian foods as well

Beans/Ewa - Fejiao, the most commonest food in Brazil, If you have not tried it out, please do

I really missed some Nigerian meals like correct Pounded yam, Ofada rice and its sauce, Moin-Moin ele mi meje (ahahahhaa)

How was it like ordering food online in Brazil, Share your experience

Cheers!!!

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by pansophist(m): 7:05pm On Jan 15, 2022
KristineLG:
You have said it all

Brazilians are loving people and very generous as well

When I arrived here, I got loads of stuffs - clothings etc. from them.

Having a Brazilian as a neighbor was one of the best thing settling down here. They are always willing to help. Till now, am so surprised

They are always willing to help. The sight of pregnant women excites them and they love kids so well.

Have you been to Brazil before?

No I haven't. I plan to go this year because she is getting married. What also intrigued me about Brazil was how extremely multiracial and diverse it is. Brazil is a country that regardless of your looks, you can be a Brazilian.

From Japanese, Asians, blonde eyes Europeans and Africans as black as Akon, all exist within Brazil. And it's so damn huge. One can fly from one part of the country to the other for about six hours and still be in Brazil. As a comparison, it takes around same that time to fly from London to Lagos.

I used to think Nigeria was big when I was small lol, travelling to the North from Lagos and seeing all those unending view of empty lands with no inhabitant in sight, while being on the road for more than one day. But in Brazil, only the Amazon rainforest is bigger than Nigeria seven times. If not for corruption in politics, Brazil is just one of the countries that is heaven on earth. And its warm, what's more can one ask for ?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by KristineLG: 7:19pm On Jan 15, 2022
SHOPPING IN BRAZIL - PART 2

If you have read my last post on Shopping in Brazil, this is a continuous episode for you.

One thing I love so much in shopping in malls or supermercados (Supermarkets), its the availability of Varieties of products by different manufacturers/brands according to your pockets.

Find the item(s) that suites your pocket size and you ready to fill up your cart in no time

For my naija people who love Agege bread, Check the closest Supermercado, check their baking sections.

I tried to avoid visiting this place with my kids because of varieties of lanches (Snacks in different shapes and sizes) - the snacks they enter eyes abeg.. a grin

Another thing you would also love is their Noodles - in different flavours such as Lamen, Carne, Galinha, Costella,

Varieties of toppings like: Chicken (Frango & Galinha), Chicken wings,laps (Asa de frango, Coxa de frango, Sobrecoxa), Pork (Porco)

Well, food generally is quite cheap but there are also some items that are very expensive or lets say on the high side.
E.g
* Sea Foods ( this ones generally loved by the Chinese and Japanese here) but there are cheap ones tho
* Beef ( let me break this down - red meat (thick part), Strong part ( in yoruba called - ishaan)
* Plantain - yes i mean like Naija plantain, (So what I do with my friends, we buy a large sack of it just like those ones is Mile 12/2 and we share, this way we save a lot of money.

More tips coming up on my stay living in Brazil

Cheers!!!

KristineLG:
SHOPPING IN BRAZIL

My first meal was ordered on Uber Eat (Rice andd Beans (Arroz and Fejiaoda) and when it arrived, I was so surprised. I will gist you more on that on few culture shocks I had, anyways I was ready to explore.

I could not be ordering food all the time since I need to use my cash well

Few places I shopped that enabled me save some cash

* Buying food items at Fiera (Mini markets around the streets) - This happens at different time of the week depending on your location. Some it could be every MOnday or Thursday every week, It depends. The best person to ask is your neighbour.
You can buy food items and small appliances here and you can bargain as well

* Buying items on Discount days in supermarkets such as Dia, Extra, Carrefour, Barbosa, Muffato, Zaffari, Hipermercado etc

* This one is the baba of them all, Buying in bulk in Atacado, Supeco at unbeliveable prices

For cooking Nigerian delicacies was bit slow for me on how to get the ingredients but with the loving people around me and getting to explore my environment, it was easy breezy.

Watch out for some pictures of food cooked by me in Brazil.

More topics coming up on How to get good clothes, do personal shopping, sightseeing and have fun in Brazil especially with the right people.

To my few followers, kindly share my page/thread.....xoxo

Cheers!!!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by KristineLG: 7:30pm On Jan 15, 2022
Oh Nice, safe trip in advance

They are very diverse in culture and appearance, the good thing is - Everyone thinks everyone is Brazilian until you cant speak their language.
As a black man, you just blend so well with them as well, learn portuguese and move to communicate, trade and make loads of amigas and amigos.

Brazil is so big, I plan to see where their farm is, I was once told that where their Agricultural sector/farms existing is soo far with unimaginable expanse of land and I do not doubt that for a country to be one of the top exporters of food across the world.

Brazil is a blessed country with proper management, I pray Nigeria will live and work up to that too.

Pansophist, you have said it all (thumbs up)

For my few years in Brazil, I am still exploring, learning more things and upgrading myself here.

pansophist:

No I haven't. I plan to go this year because she is getting married. What also intrigued me about Brazil was how extremely multiracial and diverse it is. Brazil is a country that regardless of your looks, you can be a Brazilian.

From Japanese, Asians, blonde eyes Europeans and Africans as black as Akon, all exist within Brazil. And it's so damn huge. One can fly from one part of the country to the other for about six hours and still be in Brazil. As a comparison, it takes around same that time to fly from London to Lagos.

I used to think Nigeria was big when I was small lol, travelling to the North from Lagos and seeing all those unending view of empty lands with no inhabitant in sight, while being on the road for more than one day. But in Brazil, only the Amazon rainforest is bigger than Nigeria seven times. If not for corruption in politics, Brazil is just one of the countries that is heaven on earth. And its warm, what's more can one ask for ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by MsFaith: 8:24pm On Jan 15, 2022
No pictures?
Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by KristineLG: 9:18pm On Jan 15, 2022
pictures of what?

This thread just started with the aim of helping NIgerians coming in to Brazil to settle fast especially if you are coming into Sao Paulo

These are personal experiences of 3 mums and that's why we are here to share it

pictures of important and fundamental things will be shared for information clarity

Stay tuned to the page

MsFaith:
No pictures?
Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by joinnow: 11:16pm On Jan 15, 2022
KristineLG:
pictures of what?

This thread just started with the aim of helping NIgerians coming in to Brazil to settle fast especially if you are coming into Sao Paulo

These are personal experiences of 3 mums and that's why we are here to share it

pictures of important and fundamental things will be shared for information clarity

Stay tuned to the page

How did you migrate to Brazil.
Is it DIY
Or Agent
What is the best and short cut to come over as single person

3 Likes

Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by KristineLG: 11:39pm On Jan 15, 2022
SHOPPING IN BRAZIL - PART 3

From our thread, you would say am a Foodie, Yes we Are ! with my sure paddies too

The essence is to live well, buy more and spend less, we call ourselves OFERTA MADAMS!

If you gerrit you got it, if not, stay tuned to the page and learn some Portuguese

DID you KNOW?....

You can get the following items in Brazil too

• Plantain Flour for Amala swallow
• Rice Flour to make swallow and taste like Fufu
• Banga soup and Ingredients
• Amazing food spicies to marinate yourLamen, Carne, Frango, Galinha, Peru and Porco – Oreagon, Cinnamon, Alho, Gingerbre, Cebola
mix, Lemon pimenta, Sage, Bay leaf, etc
• Ponmo (brown), Snails, Smoked Catfish
• Poundo Flour
• Beans varieties – for normal bean and for Akara and Moin moin (culture shock me well for this one)
• Egusi, Ogbono
• Pepper soup ingredients ( You need this if you don’t like tea/coffee because of the cold weather)
• Bitter leaf, Ugwu
• Garri ( both ijebu Garri and other brands by Brazilian, everything breket)
• Ajinomoto, Maggi Star, Knorr

Anything you can think of, that you love to eat in Nigeria, be sure you will find it here in Brazil too

Food is not an issue especially if you are looking for what you crave so much and they come with their prices too.
Feel free to share your comments with us here.

KristineLG:
SHOPPING IN BRAZIL - PART 2

If you have read my last post on Shopping in Brazil, this is a continuous episode for you.

One thing I love so much in shopping in malls or supermercados (Supermarkets), its the availability of Varieties of products by different manufacturers/brands according to your pockets.

Find the item(s) that suites your pocket size and you ready to fill up your cart in no time

For my naija people who love Agege bread, Check the closest Supermercado, check their baking sections.

I tried to avoid visiting this place with my kids because of varieties of lanches (Snacks in different shapes and sizes) - the snacks they enter eyes abeg.. a grin

Another thing you would also love is their Noodles - in different flavours such as Lamen, Carne, Galinha, Costella,

Varieties of toppings like: Chicken (Frango & Galinha), Chicken wings,laps (Asa de frango, Coxa de frango, Sobrecoxa), Pork (Porco)

Well, food generally is quite cheap but there are also some items that are very expensive or lets say on the high side.
E.g
* Sea Foods ( this ones generally loved by the Chinese and Japanese here) but there are cheap ones tho
* Beef ( let me break this down - red meat (thick part), Strong part ( in yoruba called - ishaan)
* Plantain - yes i mean like Naija plantain, (So what I do with my friends, we buy a large sack of it just like those ones is Mile 12/2 and we share, this way we save a lot of money.

More tips coming up on my stay living in Brazil

Cheers!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by KristineLG: 11:50pm On Jan 15, 2022
I came to Brazil with my family. Yes DIY

There is no shortcut to migrate anywhere, just follow the right process so you dont get into the wrong hands by loosing your money.

On this thread, we avail you with information you need when you have landed in Brazil, how to survive, support each other and get information you should know before heading out to the streets
I will suggest you use the link below, check other people's questions and answers and also ask your questions if you want to come to Brazil

https://www.nairaland.com/2608582/giving-birth-brazil/93#109322067

Cheers

joinnow:

How did you migrate to Brazil.
Is it DIY
Or Agent
What is the best and short cut to come over as single person

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by KristineLG: 3:19am On Jan 16, 2022
FEW TIPS TO GUIDE YOU THROUGH IN BRAZIL- DOS & DONTS

Portuguese is mostly spoken and very few Brazilians speaks English, it is paramount to have a plan, plan your self, get a tour guide or find a bilingual to assist you whether on tourism or for other purposes. Trust , it saves time!

DONTS

Don't go late for your appointments e g Policia Federal, Embassy and Hospital/UBS. If you missed your allocated time, it's gonna be a long thing undecided

Don't go out without the right apps on your phones to guide you through else You go lost no be small

Don't go out without having internet service on you phone. You won't want to get lost in this big city especially where you can't easily find English/pigin language

Don't walk late nights, you are just coming to a new place, Security is tight here tho but do all your stuff in the daylight. make them no carry with other rogers, who go eep you.

Don't eat in the Bus aka Brazil BRT buses ( More details on this very soon)

Don't miss your Onibus, while at the terminal, you will have to wait 15 to 20 mins before your bus passes again. Tho it depends on your destination

Don't go out without a Jacket or your umbrella. Brazilian weather is very funny. If you gorrit, you gorrit.

DOS

Know how to use and interpret Google maps and directions

Know your street address and number and if possible snap the apartment, location and keep either hotel or Airbnb..

Wear you mask everywhere you go.

Download and register for Uber ride just in case you missed your way

Always have someone you speak with while going out to put you through some things.i If possible, go with someone who speaks Portuguese to aid your outings.

Share your Uber ride details with someone you know when you book your ride, this one is personal to me tho. Just for security purposes.

Always get your groceries and supplies on time. Supermarkets or mini stalls have a time they open and close. Also Brazilian have loads of public holidays, check their calendar. It will help a lot

Keep your phones safe while sight-seeing. To make calls in public, use your earpiece or Bluetooth earphones, else he go shock you o.

N.B- These are experiences of 3 Mums to create soft-landing for more Nigerians living or just coming into Brazil

Do you have any questions?, lets us know

Stay Safe

Cheers!

KristineLG:
SHOPPING IN BRAZIL - PART 3

From our thread, you would say am a Foodie, Yes we Are ! with my sure paddies too

The essence is to live well, buy more and spend less, we call ourselves OFERTA MADAMS!

If you gerrit you got it, if not, stay tuned to the page and learn some Portuguese

DID you KNOW?....

You can get the following items in Brazil too

• Plantain Flour for Amala swallow
• Rice Flour to make swallow and taste like Fufu
• Banga soup and Ingredients
• Amazing food spicies to marinate yourLamen, Carne, Frango, Galinha, Peru and Porco – Oreagon, Cinnamon, Alho, Gingerbre, Cebola
mix, Lemon pimenta, Sage, Bay leaf, etc
• Ponmo (brown), Snails, Smoked Catfish
• Poundo Flour
• Beans varieties – for normal bean and for Akara and Moin moin (culture shock me well for this one)
• Egusi, Ogbono
• Pepper soup ingredients ( You need this if you don’t like tea/coffee because of the cold weather)
• Bitter leaf, Ugwu
• Garri ( both ijebu Garri and other brands by Brazilian, everything breket)
• Ajinomoto, Maggi Star, Knorr

Anything you can think of, that you love to eat in Nigeria, be sure you will find it here in Brazil too

Food is not an issue especially if you are looking for what you crave so much and they come with their prices too.
Feel free to share your comments with us here.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by dehiero: 6:53am On Jan 16, 2022
KristineLG
Is it impossible to get a job in Brazil
Everyone is talking business
Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by teezzybee: 8:19am On Jan 16, 2022
All this food that you're mensioning. I don't know where my today food will be coming from. Maybe god fit use you bless me this sunday morning.

2 Likes

Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by joinnow: 8:49am On Jan 16, 2022
KristineLG:
I came to Brazil with my family using the Birth option.. Yes DIY

We did not use Agent, the process is very straight forward and I see most of the thread here too you can check this out on nairaland too (Birth in Brazil)
It has a lot of information to guide you, very easy steps but be aware of some some few changes.
There is no shortcut to migrate anywhere, just follow the right process so you dont get into the wrong hands by loosing your money.

On this thread, we avail you with information you need when you have landed in Brazil, how to survive, support each other and get information you should know before heading out to the streets
I will suggest you use the link below, check other people's questions and answers and also ask your questions if you want to come to Brazil

https://www.nairaland.com/2608582/giving-birth-brazil/93#109322067

Cheers

Many thanks
Since you are a bonafide Brazilian citizen with full right send me invitation letter for just 14 days visit so I go come see samba girls during canival
Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by KristineLG: 9:20am On Jan 16, 2022
Hello Deheiro

It is not impossible to get jobs,

There a lot of jobs in Brazil but you know their is a language barrier, you need to understand Portuguese to a conversational point especially if you want office kinda of jobs

The first thing i did was to learn the language and understand well, in which there is a platform for that

And there are also some factory jobs required by employers mainly for strong Blacks like us

There are other English speaking jobs as well and thats where our services come in

One thing you need to know is that, you need to be patient, understand the terrain and how things works, your first job might not be fantastic but you would meet people that would give info about available jobs. As long as you can pay for your rent, gas bill, light bill, water bill and wifi you are good to go

Also the same way people hustle on the streets in Lagos, we also have that here. You can go to Bras ( just like EKO market) buy some items in large quantities and resell in your neighborhood.

You can do business in Brazil, there are lot of things you can buy from big markets in Brazil and sell in your area.

I hope this clarifies your questions

One thing that set people apart, Meeting The right people and Getting the right information and Taking the right decisions

Cheers!

dehiero:
KristineLG
Is it impossible to get a job in Brazil
Everyone is talking business
Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by KristineLG: 9:24am On Jan 16, 2022
I guess there would be carnival this year,

Brazilians are beautiful, I can say that with my full chest

This thread is not for Invitation sake or Visa request, Kindly read the aim of the page

Cheers!

joinnow:

Many thanks
Since you are a bonafide Brazilian citizen with full right send me invitation letter for just 14 days visit so I go come see samba girls during canival

1 Like

Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by dehiero: 9:25am On Jan 16, 2022
Please elaborate more on learning the language since that's the major barrier here... Did you attend a language school are they affordable? How long did it take you to be proficient? And So on
Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by KristineLG: 9:51am On Jan 16, 2022
FEW TIPS TO GUIDE YOU THROUGH IN BRAZIL- PART 2

THINGS YOU NEED WHEN COMING TO BRAZIL

Brazil is a land of plenty and you can get anything you want if you just take time to check well.

So just imagine you just landed from the airport, the weather is cold and you cant head out to the street or malls to get some things.

These are few of the basic things you would need and to pack in your boxes when coming land of departure

Take all your Original documents along with enough copies.

Bring thick socks, it can be very very cold. You can buy jackets, sweat shirts, turtle necks, here too but ensure you get those thick ones from Naija Yaba market is the best to get this

Bring Shea butter . Omo this one is a life saver before you turn to Snow White

Get a another phone as backup just in case your current one decides to mess up. Price of phones are waaawu shocked but if you know your way, you can get cheap ones too

Few Nigerian foods, Generally Nigerian foods are expensive outside the country. Guide yours wisely

If you wear glasses like my Mrs O, just pack normal frames here and then do the lenses here.

If you are on team Hair Natural like my Mrs T, just pack your wigs come.

If you are like me, Mrs K, on relaxed hair and wanting to look glam, just bring your hair extensions when coming - Lolita or Expression attachments.

Also for phone charges, we use two mouth round charger here not the three mouth. This on is over necessary (Another culture diff here)

For the men, bring your clippers and head warmers along.

We will keep updating you from Mrs K.T.O

Cheers!!!

KristineLG:
FEW TIPS TO GUIDE YOU THROUGH IN BRAZIL- DOS & DONTS

Portuguese is mostly spoken and very few Brazilians speaks English, it is paramount to have a plan, plan your self, get a tour guide or find a bilingual to assist you whether on tourism or for other purposes. Trust , it saves time!

DONTS

Don't go late for your appointments e g Policia Federal, Embassy and Hospital/UBS. If you missed your allocated time, it's gonna be a long thing undecided

Don't go out without the right apps on your phones to guide you through else You go lost no be small

Don't go out without having internet service on you phone. You won't want to get lost in this big city especially where you can't easily find English/pigin language

Don't walk late nights, you are just coming to a new place, Security is tight here tho but do all your stuff in the daylight. make them no carry with other rogers, who go eep you.

Don't eat in the Bus aka Brazil BRT buses ( More details on this very soon)

Don't miss your Onibus, while at the terminal, you will have to wait 15 to 20 mins before your bus passes again. Tho it depends on your destination

Don't go out without a Jacket or your umbrella. Brazilian weather is very funny. If you gorrit, you gorrit.

DOS

Know how to use and interpret Google maps and directions

Know your street address and number and if possible snap the apartment, location and keep either hotel or Airbnb..

Wear you mask everywhere you go.

Download and register for Uber ride just in case you missed your way

Always have someone you speak with while going out to put you through some things.i If possible, go with someone who speaks Portuguese to aid your outings.

Share your Uber ride details with someone you know when you book your ride, this one is personal to me tho. Just for security purposes.

Always get your groceries and supplies on time. Supermarkets or mini stalls have a time they open and close. Also Brazilian have loads of public holidays, check their calendar. It will help a lot

Keep your phones safe while sight-seeing. To make calls in public, use your earpiece or Bluetooth earphones, else he go shock you o.

N.B- These are experiences of 3 Mums to create soft-landing for more Nigerians living or just coming into Brazil

Do you have any questions?, lets us know

Stay Safe

Cheers!

Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by KristineLG: 10:01am On Jan 16, 2022
There are different platforms to learn Portuguese here based on your location

All you need is to register,which could be available for a Physical or Online classes

You can register by yourself or request the need of a bilingual to assist you ( this is where our services comes in) with few documentation and collections of materials for your classes.

Either ways, we share information once your are or any Naija Bro or Sis are present in Brazil and ready to kick-off

1. I downloaded some apps to help me learn Portuguese on Google playstore before arriving here ( you can check them out)
2. Learning a new language is with an open mind, I am still learning and a bit conversational - The idea is after you finish your classes try conversing this helps a lot especially with the Pronunciation and Rise and fall tune
3. The classes are FREE

Cheers!!!

dehiero:
Please elaborate more on learning the language since that's the major barrier here... Did you attend a language school are they affordable? How long did it take you to be proficient? And So on

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by dehiero: 3:06pm On Jan 16, 2022
Please what's your email

1 Like

Re: Naija Family Living In Brazil by bankizzy: 3:33pm On Jan 16, 2022
Was about to ask that too

dehiero:
Please what's your email

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman / Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' / The Moment A Man Shed Tears Of Joy As His Wife Praised Him (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.