Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

What Happens When Someone Does Not Rest In Peace? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Happens When Someone Does Not Rest In Peace? (491 Views)

This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children / Why Do Nigerians Get Triggered When You Ask What Someone Does For A Living / My Dad Has Refused To Rest In Peace Because Of His Monetary Vow In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens When Someone Does Not Rest In Peace? by Sunnycliff(m): 8:15pm On Jan 15, 2022
Oftentimes we lose our loved ones and we end up typing Rest in Peace.

I keep wondering, why do we tell the dead to rest in peace? Do they know anything? If we didn't say that, and they refused to rest in peace, then what happens? Do the dead hear? Do our wishes for the dead happen? Is there any explanation for such?

Just lost in thoughts here
Re: What Happens When Someone Does Not Rest In Peace? by donbachi(m): 8:17pm On Jan 15, 2022
In perfect peace.no more troubles.
Re: What Happens When Someone Does Not Rest In Peace? by Desire18: 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2022
It is just a mere wish that has nothing to do with the dead. Heb. 9:27 says it is appointed into man to die once, after which the judgement follow.

Blessed are the dead in Christ for their works will follow them. No repentance in the grave and no prayer offer for the dead can work for him after death.

Anything we pronounce or didn't pronounce has nothing to do with the dead.

4 Likes

Re: What Happens When Someone Does Not Rest In Peace? by dreofGod(m): 11:27pm On Jan 15, 2022
As far as I am concerned, the rat that 'moved' my groundnut from where I kept it WILL NEVVVER REST IN PEACE from now on and after its ratty career ends. In short, my groundnut WILL NOT REST IN PEACE inside its body. And so shall it be.
Re: What Happens When Someone Does Not Rest In Peace? by NoahHadNoArk: 9:05am On Jan 16, 2022
Desire18:
It is just a mere wish that has nothing to do with the dead. Heb. 9:27 says it is appointed into man to die once, after which the judgement follow.

Blessed are the dead in Christ for their works will follow them. No repentance in the grave and no prayer offer for the dead can work for him after death.

Anything we pronounce or didn't pronounce has nothing to do with the dead.

Tell the Bolded to the Catholics

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When Someone Does Not Rest In Peace? by Righteousness2(m): 9:55am On Jan 16, 2022
In reality the saying "Rest In Peace" has no effect on the Dead.

Even if you gather all the Bishops, Pastors, Imams and all that to Pray for the Dead, it is a waste ! A complete waste!

The people that Rest In Peace are those who Departed having a Genuie relationship with JESUS CHRIST. They are not only resting in Peace but they are in Glory, Joy and a Place where all tears are wiped away. They are just in Heaven.

There is no rest for anyone who Departs without JESUS Christ. They are in tears, Paibs, regrets and Sorrow. They are in a place of torment and wailing. They are in Hell. There is no rest in Hell.

(1) (Reply)

Hacked Netflix Account For Sell (Unlimited ) / At 14 She Was Gifted To A 40-year-old Duke, At 19 She Became A Queen / How My Brother's Stay-at-home Wife Makes $600 Per Month!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.