Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage (44826 Views)

Zimbabwean Man Beats Up Wife For Failing To Say “Thank You” After Sex / Financial Missteps That Could Ruin Your Marriage / 7 Clear Signs Your Marriage Is About To Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:00am On Jan 16, 2022
November24:

Youtalk with a victim mentality.
We women,do worse. And the man is the head whether u like the idea or not

Maybe that's because women are mostly victims and saying the truth isn't victim mentality.

Women do worse how directly proportional is it to that of men, especially in this part of the world?

The man is the head for the religious wives or Christian family for my family the man is a partner I don't like the idea that is why I don't apply it because I don't like it, I didn'tell you how to run yours so you don't tell me how to run my own home cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Johel(m): 8:00am On Jan 16, 2022
AsomArchitectNG:

If only married couples can stick to these vows...yet some olosho and miscreants want their lovers to abide by marital vows when dem never marry yet, misplaced priorities.
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by yusluvad(m): 8:00am On Jan 16, 2022
Col0gne:
Marriage and it's endless list of rules ehh. Fact is, not everyone is marryable or destined for this.
You've said it all.. tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by izubext007: 8:01am On Jan 16, 2022
Bros ....... These rules I prac6am but e no work....... She go want make I Bleep her wide pussy to I die....wen Dem go dey Bleep about Dem no say toto dey wide , con one innocent man work.
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Buzor18: 8:02am On Jan 16, 2022
Col0gne:
Marriage and it's endless list of rules ehh. Fact is, not everyone is marryable or destined for this.
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Omniman(m): 8:11am On Jan 16, 2022
Ninisun:
For the one of sleeping in different rooms, some couples can't help it Op... women like wears or clothings a whole lot and so sharing the same room won't really be nice if the accomodation is not so large. Most couples still be in love even though they sleep separately. It's not easy to sleep with a partner that snores abeg...that's a suicide mission grin.

For that of flirt, most men/women flirt on social media and if you start thinking about that...see you see your grave. It's not every issue one needs to think about in marriage cus this economy is frustrating already.
There's how long you will be in marriage, you won't remember your salary is yours jare...as a good wife wey I be, my salary and his are our own unless we want responsibilities to choke us. Our children is our number one priority and so why should we hide our money while they look unkempt?
I don't tolerate people insulting or belittling people I love most especially my husband cheesy, just be ready to be thrown out cus you are an intruder.
Marriage is more of being with one eye, one ear, no lips and no brain from both partners and every good thing that comes with it will fall into place. It's not a bed of roses but mine is 90% rose cus he makes me happy always like seriously. wink

Yeah, right
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Ungodly: 8:19am On Jan 16, 2022
ssogundele:
Any rule outside “husband love your wife and wife respect your husband “ is just epistle! That rule is God ordained. He is the originator of marriage and knows the best to it.
I noticed God didn’t say “Women! love your husband” instead he said “Husband! Love your wife” what does that mean, you have an answer to that?
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Olayetan(m): 8:22am On Jan 16, 2022
Sounds like it will never be easier for 2 different people from different backgrounds and different beliefs to come together and live as couple.

No wonder Chinese people are into incest cux they are already used to each other right from their childhood.
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by folks4luv(f): 8:24am On Jan 16, 2022
jeff1993:
No 3

Most Nigerian women are greedy in nature.... They have been wired to use "Your own is our own ... My own is my own"... If I can find a Nigerian lady who is not greedy with her money and had an average character ... Am all in for marriage!!!!

No 7

That's is if u married a proper home made woman not all this shawarma and pizza slay queens!!!!.... You can't be putting on long nails and want to cook with it for me .... I can manage if she is not super good in the kitchen ....Eating outside would balance the equation!!!!

No 10

Divorce is always a very big and Fat option ..... Please as a Man or woman, ur Pearce of mind is ultimate and Paramount!!!! .... If ur spouse can't give u peace of mind, if he or she can't make u happy, there is no need trying. Divorce him or her. You can still be a great parents to your children without being together .... That's why I advise Men against spending excess money to do an elaborate marriage that is not even necessary..... Na the money the man take marry him dey think na him dey make am hard for am to divorce!!!!!

Lastly truly marriage has no manual .... Each marriage is unique on its own .... Elderly people will say when u want to marry as a man, make sure u have seen enough of life before u marry, not because u have enough money!!! .... Build your tolerance level to a nearly absolute level.....

Yea, divorce is an available option but the point is not to use it as a weapon to get the other person to do one's bidding. Like a wife that knows her husband loves her, then uses divorce to threaten him to have her way. What she is doing is breaking the bond they share, putting her husband on the defensive and making him plan for a life outside the marriage. It goes both ways.

If divorce will be mentioned, make sure you mean it and you wanna go through with it.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Folicarest1(m): 8:24am On Jan 16, 2022
On point. Thanks alot for this piece.
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 16, 2022
baby124:

Islam is an offshoot of a culture that does not respect women. Women know exactly what they want.
Let reality speak my dear!!!!
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by womenareapess: 8:31am On Jan 16, 2022
HacheNoire:
If you want to enjoy life and live long, stay away from Black women!

It’s automatically and genetically instilled in them.

If you feel you anxious to commit suicide, you don’t need a rope, all you need is a Nigerian wife
a very good advice for those who have ear to listen

1 Like

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by everythinggirly(f): 8:33am On Jan 16, 2022
Good advice.
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by muheeb01(m): 8:36am On Jan 16, 2022
complexBoss12:
I attended one wedding, a Catholic wedding. while preaching, the priest said something I will never forget. He was like, when you go to school, you get a cert after graduation. In endeavors of life, a certificate is issued at the END to show qualification.

Only in marriage, is a certificate issued the very day you step in. So from your first day you're are graduate, you're qualified. This is because in marriage the beginning is the end and the end is the beginning. For you to agree to be married means you have trained yourself and feel you qualified and ready.

But is that the case today?? most times I am **** scared if marriage. My father thought me that you never stop working on a marriage. The few ladies I have dated, when they discover you just want peace of mind and apologize even when you're right for the sake of peace, next they want to take you for a fool. Going the alpha way, keeps them in check, but doesn't really guarantee a happy home because I want my woman to love me and not fear me. This gender called women, you can never tell what it is they really want.

My verdict: Marriage has no solution or 12 or even 100 things to abide by, you can only try. Christians will say, only God can give a happy home.
kudos you've said it all...no manual to it at all
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 16, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

This your number 3 needs more emphasis, especially to the so-called heads of the families specifically the average Nigerian man who sees headship as authoritarianism, that don't like to open up to their wives, listen and hear from them because they believe they should be making the decisions alone without due consultation.

Always learn to carry your wives along and you will not die if you adopt her advice or opinion on issues two heads are better than one and you can never know it all.

I know this advice is not gender specific but in the average Nigerian marriages it's men that often do this,while the women always consult them when she is the one making a decision
it's because women use their heart and not their head. Listen to a woman but don't take her advice.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by whitebeard(m): 8:47am On Jan 16, 2022
jeff1993:
No 3

Most Nigerian women are greedy in nature.... They have been wired to use "Your own is our own ... My own is my own"... If I can find a Nigerian lady who is not greedy with her money and had an average character ... Am all in for marriage!!!!

No 7

That's is if u married a proper home made woman not all this shawarma and pizza slay queens!!!!.... You can't be putting on long nails and want to cook with it for me .... I can manage if she is not super good in the kitchen ....Eating outside would balance the equation!!!!

No 10

Divorce is always a very big and Fat option ..... Please as a Man or woman, ur Pearce of mind is ultimate and Paramount!!!! .... If ur spouse can't give u peace of mind, if he or she can't make u happy, there is no need trying. Divorce him or her. You can still be a great parents to your children without being together .... That's why I advise Men against spending excess money to do an elaborate marriage that is not even necessary..... Na the money the man take marry him dey think na him dey make am hard for am to divorce!!!!!

Lastly truly marriage has no manual .... Each marriage is unique on its own .... Elderly people will say when u want to marry as a man, make sure u have seen enough of life before u marry, not because u have enough money!!! .... Build your tolerance level to a nearly absolute level.....

if divorce is an option then why marry in the first place...more like u don't know what exactly it is dat u want..!!
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Weathered: 8:52am On Jan 16, 2022
Number 2 is from the pot of hell. Don't let any pastor enter into your marriage.
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by FaithBrain1994(m): 9:06am On Jan 16, 2022
Rule 13: Never marry out of pity

1 Like

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Estellie: 9:07am On Jan 16, 2022
HacheNoire:
If you want to enjoy life and live long, stay away from Black women!

It’s automatically and genetically instilled in them.

If you feel you anxious to commit suicide, you don’t need a rope, all you need is a Nigerian wife
Same way your mum made your daddy commit suicide right?

Yen yen yen.
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by juniorstar(m): 9:09am On Jan 16, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

This your number 3 needs more emphasis, especially to the so-called heads of the families specifically the average Nigerian man who sees headship as authoritarianism, that don't like to open up to their wives, listen and hear from them because they believe they should be making the decisions alone without due consultation.

Always learn to carry your wives along and you will not die if you adopt her advice or opinion on issues two heads are better than one and you can never know it all.

I know this advice is not gender specific but in the average Nigerian marriages it's men that often do this,while the women always consult them when she is the one making a decision
Its good to listen but women have a way of turning it to your fault if something goes wrong with their own advise..they will blame you for taking their advise..how do you act is such situation cos i go vex for the said woman.
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by merits(m): 9:11am On Jan 16, 2022
Col0gne:

Comrade you are right abeg.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Estellie: 9:14am On Jan 16, 2022
oilmonie:
it's because women use their heart and not their head. Listen to a woman but don't take her advice.
Naso one listen to me buh refused to take my advice, instead he took the advice of his male friend. Naso Oga lose over 15 million naira and is still spending money trying to recover the lost one.

Another one lost money and a brand new car worth about 5 million just because of some foolish deal that he thought was legit. Dude didn’t even tell his wife about it cause he knew she’ll talk him out of it.

Men, y’all so stubborn and pathetic sometimes.
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 16, 2022
Estellie:
Naso one listen to me buh refused to take my advice, instead he took the advice of his male friend. Naso Oga lose over 15 million naira and is still spending money trying to recover the lost one.

Another one lost money and a brand new car worth about 5 million just because of some foolish deal that he thought was legit. Dude didn’t even tell his wife about it cause he knew she’ll talk him out of it.

Men, y’all so stubborn and pathetic sometimes.

That's why we're men grin

1 Like

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by AutoC: 9:19am On Jan 16, 2022
complexBoss12:
I attended one wedding, a Catholic wedding. while preaching, the priest said something I will never forget. He was like, when you go to school, you get a cert after graduation. In endeavors of life, a certificate is issued at the END to show qualification.

Only in marriage, is a certificate issued the very day you step in. So from your first day you're are graduate, you're qualified. This is because in marriage the beginning is the end and the end is the beginning. For you to agree to be married means you have trained yourself and feel you're qualified and ready.

But is that the case today?? most times I am **** scared of marriage. My father thought me that you never stop working on a marriage. The few ladies I have dated, when they discover you just want peace of mind and apologize even when you're right for the sake of peace, next they want to take you for a fool. Going the alpha way, keeps them in check, but doesn't really guarantee a happy home because I want my woman to love me and not fear me. This gender called women, you can never tell what it is they really want.

My verdict: Marriage has no solution or 12 or even 100 things to abide by, you can only try. Christians will say, only God can give a happy home.

I can tell u for free...women are built for submission.... Man Is built for leadership...ure not attractive to any woman unless u are able to lead

1 Like

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by AK481(m): 9:22am On Jan 16, 2022
Most sounds like what men should sacrifice
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Obec70(m): 9:25am On Jan 16, 2022
Marriage is one thing, mode living differs, don't copy anybody cos what you see is beyond your imagination, therefore make your home how you want to be
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Obec70(m): 9:26am On Jan 16, 2022
Marriage is one thing, mode of living differs, don't copy anybody cos what you see is beyond your imagination, therefore make your home how you want to be
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by LastProphet: 9:39am On Jan 16, 2022
Col0gne:

Gbam! Though Africans can't get this even the educated ones

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by jeff1993: 9:43am On Jan 16, 2022
folks4luv:

Yea, divorce is an available option but the point is not to use it as a weapon to get the other person to do one's bidding. Like a wife that knows her husband loves her, then uses divorce to threaten him to have her way. What she is doing is breaking the bond they share, putting her husband on the defensive and making him plan for a life outside the marriage. It goes both ways.

If divorce will be mentioned, make sure you mean it and you wanna go through with it.
..... And a wise husband would make sure he plans his strategy and divorce her when he is mentally capable of doing it when she least expected ... Someone cannot make u keep living ur life on the edge with a threat
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by jeff1993: 9:46am On Jan 16, 2022
whitebeard:
if divorce is an option then why marry in the first place...more like u don't know what exactly it is dat u want..!!

Yes it's an option and a big available option to some certain chronic problems in marriage that can be resolved .,... It's better u are divorced than for u to die in turbulent, toxic and sorrowful marriage!!!!
Re: 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage by Allisgud: 9:51am On Jan 16, 2022
judedwriter:
Don't marry because :

1. You are getting old

2. You are lonely

3. You are pressurized

4. You are mocked

5. You are criticized

6. You are embarrassed

7. You are impoverished , etc.

Marry only for love. If you don't love that man or woman PLEASE DON'T MARRY!
what if she doesn't love u back.love is not enough for marriage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) / A Strange Woman In My Home.. How Do I Go About It?? / South African Man Replies Troll Who Criticized His Wife's Beach Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.