Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,181 members, 7,807,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) (41974 Views)

58-Year-Old Woman Raped And Murdered In Calabar (Photos) / Corpse Of Female CRUTECH Staff Found Dumped On Road In Calabar (Photos) / Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by Landmack: 4:39pm On Jan 16, 2022
princewarri1985:
You are a fool! Simply learn to read in between the lines next time, do i look like policeman to you? Fool!

Olopa calm down...abeg dont pull the trigger on me
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by DonBenny77(m): 4:43pm On Jan 16, 2022
This is karma, na me talk am
It's no coincidence
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by Dshocker(m): 4:45pm On Jan 16, 2022
If you do good,good will follow you and if you do bad,bad will follow you
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 4:50pm On Jan 16, 2022
Untrained and unprofessional policemen.
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by Greatlee54: 4:54pm On Jan 16, 2022
Glory be to SARS.
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by nedekid: 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2022
Ebije1:
how do you adjust your gun directly pointing at someone? most of these uniform personnels have not gone through the proper arms training.
Abi, that is how you see them seated on their trucks with rifles on their laps facing the road instead of facing up. Imagine what wound happen when they enter gallop or pothole and there is accidental discharge.
How to you carry around a rifle with the safety off? Who does that? Even the trigger finger should not rest on the trigger, except at the point of discharge!
Could it be that those officers are poorly trained?.
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
Karma is real.
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 16, 2022
DonBenny77:
This is karma, na me talk am
It's no coincidence
What will happen to that village girl he just married?
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 16, 2022
Untrained fools.. the tool was probably off safety
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by ukandi1(m): 5:15pm On Jan 16, 2022
Ebije1:
how do you adjust your gun directly pointing at someone? most of these uniform personnels have not gone through the proper arms training.

I suspect assassination. It's planned execution of sort. Someone needed to bell the cat and so his colleague read the time and season and keyed in.
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 16, 2022
An innocent blood crying in the wilderness has been avenged
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by ukandi1(m): 5:17pm On Jan 16, 2022
nedekid:

Abi, that is how you see them seated on their trucks with rifles on their laps facing the road instead of facing up. Imagine what wound happen when they enter gallop or pothole and there is accidental discharge.
How to you carry around a rifle with the safety off? Who does that? Even the trigger finger should not rest on the trigger, except at the point of discharge!
Could it be that those officers are poorly trained?.
No.
I think that it's a gang up of sort against the fallen officer by his colleagues.

Police always have a way of covering up their mess.
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by ukandi1(m): 5:18pm On Jan 16, 2022
NetValueFX:
An innocent blood crying in the wilderness has been avenged

Exactly my thoughts too.
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by nedekid: 5:21pm On Jan 16, 2022
ukandi1:

No.
I think that it's a gang up of sort against the fallen officer by his colleagues.

Police always have a way of covering up their mess.
Most likely.
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by obembet(f): 5:23pm On Jan 16, 2022
Hammyaladin:
Your logic is wrong. Like we dont have kidnappers, ritualist and murderers amongst citizens too!!

So should we hate and not have sympathy for civilians cause of the bad ones amongst them??!

Learn to think for yourself don't just follow the heard cause they get alot of likes etc.. crowd might be wrong!

Officer, don't mind him jare grin
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by OmegaAutos: 5:24pm On Jan 16, 2022
whatever we sow , we reap
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by apostle96: 5:29pm On Jan 16, 2022
Somebody was cocking/readjusting gun..and he pointed it directly at you
And you sat down there without shouting at him to direct the gun to another direction
Nawa oo
RIP sha

Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by Irupetepete: 5:39pm On Jan 16, 2022
DrMrsFunmi:
na thunder go fire my papa and mamafor this useless trash wey I talk so, he no go better for my entire generation.
Na ogun go scatter my family
take your frustration somewhere else,
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by Grandkay21(m): 5:46pm On Jan 16, 2022
May be he is paying this own price with his life, I don't pity police but is a painful thing that he is dead , RIP
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by Weathered: 5:53pm On Jan 16, 2022
Hammyaladin:
Your logic is wrong. Like we dont have kidnappers, ritualist and murderers amongst citizens too!!

So should we hate and not have sympathy for civilians cause of the bad ones amongst them??!

Learn to think for yourself don't just follow the heard cause they get alot of likes etc.. crowd might be wrong!
he isn't speaking for himself but actually portraying the minds of majority of young Nigerians.

Yes kidnappers and ritualists abound amongst the citizens but the rot and corruption amongst the police is at an institutional level.

Yes WE hardly empathize with uniform people. You're probably one of them or related to one.

WE DON'T LIKE YOU. EVEN CLEAN LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS DON'T LIKE YOU.

1 Like

Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by CollinsVal(m): 6:10pm On Jan 16, 2022
Village people
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by Advancedman(m): 6:37pm On Jan 16, 2022
Obio4real:
A police sergeant, Francis Agube has been 'accidentally' shot dead by his colleague, identified as Sergeant Ubi Arikpo, in Calabar, the Cross River State capital, GRASSROOT REPORTERS has gathered.

The tragic incident took place at Atakpa Police Station in Calabar South Local Government Area.

More own goal to devilish organization and their demonic agents.
GRASSROOT REPORTERS learnt that Sergeant Agube was accidentally shot dead in front of the police station when a pick-up van conveying policemen passed through the gate of the station.

It was gathered that the deceased policeman who is from Abi Local Government Area of the state, just got married on the 20th of November, 2021 to his long time girlfriend.

A source who spoke with the Vanguard said:

“The team was from the State CID unit at the Police headquarters on Diamond Hill.

“They were on patrol duty and they were passing through this road (Calabar Road, Watt Market).

“They were driving from Effigy Roundabout, towards the station. When they got in front of the station Sergeant Ubi wanted to adjust his gun.

“It discharged accidentally and shot Sergeant Agube, who was sitting directly opposite him,” he narrated.

According to the source, the shot hit Agube right on his neck shattering his gullet and face, killing him on the spot.

“That spot where they covered with sand on the road in front of the station was where Agube was pulled to the ground from the van by the impact of the shot,” he added.

Another source said:

“Both of them are from Cross River State. Arikpo has been arrested and is on detention here at the headquarters, while Agube’s body is in the mortuary,” he added.

Ms Irene Ugbo, the Cross River Police Command spokesman, when contacted said:

“The tragedy is being investigated to unravel the cause."

Source: https://www.grassrootreportersng.com/2022/01/photos-how-police-sergeant-was-shot.html?m=1
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by lozanni(m): 6:48pm On Jan 16, 2022
Ebije1:

Exactly my thoughts too. I don't know the type of training they give them as this has happened once too often.
A refresher course on weapon handling and psychological evaluation twice a year, I feel, might be needed due to the nature, and stress, of the job involved.
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 16, 2022
Weathered:
he isn't speaking for himself but actually portraying the minds of majority of young Nigerians.

Yes kidnappers and ritualists abound amongst the citizens but the rot and corruption amongst the police is at an institutional level.

Yes WE hardly empathize with uniform people. You're probably one of them or related to one.

WE DON'T LIKE YOU. EVEN CLEAN LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS DON'T LIKE YOU.
well you can't do anything about me and my kind are here to stay... Get that into your punctured thick skull

1 Like

Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by Weathered: 8:07pm On Jan 16, 2022
Hammyaladin:
well you can't do anything about me and my kind are here to stay... Get that into your punctured thick skull
Criminal
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by psalmylee: 8:15pm On Jan 16, 2022
Hammyaladin:

e sure me say this guy na police...trying to justify rubbish. Oga koshi danu
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by Bolaji26(m): 8:29pm On Jan 16, 2022
Everytime accidental discharge by the police.

Why don't we hear such from the military

Or no be the same gun dem dey Carry embarassed
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by Alaganature09(m): 8:33pm On Jan 16, 2022
As long na police shot him colleagues no time to waste my RIP ...have always hate this people with passion
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 16, 2022
psalmylee:
e sure me say this guy na police...trying to justify rubbish. Oga koshi danu
I'm an EX-JACM and a lot of my Arty men serve in the Arm forces.... And I'll always support them cause I know the sacrifices they've made for you to have sleep.

You Gerrit.....
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 16, 2022
Weathered:
Criminal
Dump numb skull. So I should celebrate death with you?!

Nonsense... If not for Opera cheap data most of you cannibals wouldn't have access to this forum but Sha. Keep hating. It'll get to you!
Re: How Policeman Was Shot Dead By His Colleague Inside Station In Calabar (Photos) by adedehinbo(m): 10:00pm On Jan 16, 2022
DrMrsFunmi:
na thunder go fire your papa for this useless trash you posted.
mind how you talk your rubbish now wey I dey vex so.
do you know how kind hearted the deceased was?
come no talk rubbish for here make I no reason your Matter now wey boys for street Dey vex for this man marriage
ogà shut up,you can't do any shii,there is a reason why that man is a sars official,no dey pity these policemen,they re crazy sets of people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ghanaian Woman Slumps After Seeing 'Dead Husband' In Another Town / Nigerian Men Beat White Racist In South Africa (VIDEO) / EFCC Arrests 21-year-old For Alleged €17,000 Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.