Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,315 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier (20516 Views)

FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? / Yemi Osinbajo And Late FRA Williams / Jonathan Condoles Fashola Over Father’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by otokx(m): 11:51am On Jun 20, 2011
One of those things
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by KnowAll(m): 11:53am On Jun 20, 2011
There's probably a heap of congealed pooh in the enclosure where your brain should ordinarily be. You're obviously too stuuupid to know anything about your country's history, so why argue over what you know so little about? You think any id.i.ot could afford land in Ikoyi and VI even in the 60's? An area that only those with government connections got underhand land/house allocations and whatnot. Do you even know anything about the government cases that the likes of Rotimi Williams, Richard Akinjide, GOK Ajayi, Afe Babalola and their ilk handled between the 1960s and 2000s. . . and the unusually heavy payments they received for it and other sundry government-related paperwork?

Besides what's the point of your idiotic post sef? If you have to vent your foolishness, you can do that freely without quoting me, ok

Stuuupiid fool like you,  SO anyone who made some money practising their chosen profession is a theif. Is it an offence for a qualified lawyer to take government legal contracts and litigations or which bush did you rear your dummy head from, don’t even go there, you want to take on Mr knowAll, “ abi were ni e ni” so my friend that turned a N20 Million investment into a N500 million asset in less than 15 years is also a thief. Abeg go siddon inside the gutter you came out from,  I have no time for shallow minded miscreants like yourself, go look for ya mate. embarassed
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by koyaabj: 12:08pm On Jun 20, 2011
GOD is not asleep, he watches over each and every one of us.
[color=#990000]My case[/[/b]color]
This man has suffered so many families by defending the illegalities of the federal govt both military and civilian during his life time causing so much pains to many families in this country inorder to gather the wealth which is now tearing his family apart, that means it's pay back time for him by GOD.
If not the children are few and from one mother all of them are well to do in their respectful field.
All leaders in the country have at a time try to settle the problem without success.
This go to show that GOD is at work.
They are only reaping from the fruit of their fathers labour.
[b]Case closed.
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by AlabaSlim: 12:14pm On Jun 20, 2011
I thought i read in the paper sum yrs back that he had 2 wives wit 2 sons each
i.e d same fada diff modas
well i don't remember so can't say anytin
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by KnowAll(m): 12:14pm On Jun 20, 2011
This man has suffered so many families by defending the illegalities of the federal govt both military and civilian during his life time causing so much pains to many families in this country inorder to gather the wealth which is now tearing his family apart, that means it's pay back time for him by GOD.
If not the children are few and from one mother all of them are well to do in their respectful field.
All leaders in the country have at a time try to settle the problem without success.
This go to show that GOD is at work.
They are only reaping from the fruit of their fathers labour.
Case closed.

Your statement is sentimentalism at its height which of course you are entitled to but in every major democracy in the world both the good guys and bad guys have legal representation, if you as a lawyer now insists on only working for the good guys that is entirely up to you.
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by atasteve: 12:15pm On Jun 20, 2011
This is a big issue of not capitalising on the legal strength, what stopped them from having all encompassing wills Anyways we need to learn from their mistakes, DO YOU HAVE A WILL FOR YOUR PRESENT INVESTMENTS/ASSETS EVEN IF IT'S ONLY A PIECE OF LAND AND A CAR?

Another thing is that companies in Nigeria will never outlive their owners due to the fact that most of them are run as family businesses. Let's borrow a leaf from the companies in the developed world; going public is the way!
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 20, 2011
RUBBISH PEOPLE, 2much money nw
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by sleekman(m): 12:37pm On Jun 20, 2011
It's unfortunate but lets view this from another angle, If I have educated all my sons as lawyers then u have to earn part of the N26B. 26B na beans? Nna u all should earn your share.
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by koyaabj: 12:45pm On Jun 20, 2011
Knowall,
we have seen lawyers who works for the good people all their life, and make clean money,
if u as a lawyer pray for your kids to do same then don't learn from the man's mistake.
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by damola1: 12:50pm On Jun 20, 2011
People saying when you are dead, you take nothing, are you going to live on earth on water and garri ni?,

26B is a joke abi?,
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by mudyluv: 1:05pm On Jun 20, 2011
those kids should find something doing not to be fighting over the properties
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by ashlamonki: 1:39pm On Jun 20, 2011
D untrained children ll surely finish all d left legacies of his or her father without considering d on comin generation.anyway they all nid to be delivered,serious deliverance I meant.
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by vladimiros: 1:41pm On Jun 20, 2011
why don`t Nigerian billionaire emulate foreign billionaires these days and leave nearly nothing for the children
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 20, 2011
KnowAll:

Stuuupiid fool like you,  SO anyone who made some money practising their chosen profession is a theif. Is it an offence for a qualified lawyer to take government legal contracts and litigations or which bush did you rear your dummy head from, don’t even go there, you want to take on Mr knowAll, “ abi were ni e ni” so my friend that turned a N20 Million investment into a N500 million asset in less than 15 years is also a thief. Abeg go siddon inside the gutter you came out from,  I have no time for shallow minded miscreants like yourself, go look for ya mate. embarassed

Too many raving lunatics prowl all over NL these days. What is the point of your baseless angst this fine Monday? What the 4ck is my business with your so-called friend and whatever real or imaginary investment he made donkey years ago? How does that even correlate with the essence of my initial or subsequent post?

What a waste; your entire existence must be a failed experiment. The sperm that led to your conception would have been better wanked down a bathroom sink.

If you have no time for "shallow miscreants" as you foolishly claim, then you'd know better than to unleash your stinky breath in my direction in the first place. Find a way of sucking off the entire heap of exc.r.e.t.a in your brain skull; I reckon it's better for you to be an air-head than a s h i t-head.
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by desthan(m): 1:55pm On Jun 20, 2011
Easy dudes, c'mon y'all. . .
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2011
Money is not the root of all evil I must say
its the inability of man to control money that is the root of all evil
Thank God my papa no hold b4 he peme.wee all hustled our way to the top(not totally there yet but I gbadun am) and i get to realise how important your family is in your life(immediate family)not cousins and aunties and uncles
road might be rough sometimes but i wil take that over my brothers and sisters looking for a way to kill me cos of what papa left
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by olapluto(m): 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2011
If he was a muslim and followed the Quran, the sharing of his property wont need so much hassles. It is simple and straighforward.
However, I think its absolutely disgraceful for the children so trained by FRA to fight over will. I mean do they really need it? How about aspiring to be greater than the man himself? Awon omo alaileko
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by spikedcylinder: 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2011
FRA surely left a will but from what i gathered ( could be wrong) , he removed the first son from the will before he died. This was because the first son was involved in some unholy relationship with another family member´s young wife.

The old man warned the son but he did not back down and he removed his name from the will. This is the reason the younger sons ar ein control of the chambers because He had been in charge before their father died. The elder son is contesting the will because he stands the chance of not getting anything if the will stands.

Vanity upon vanity, They have forgotten they all have children as well and their children woul dmost probably do the same thing for them. If i were the younger sons i would settle for equal splitting into 4 and the case settles.

This is very interesting.
A legal icon like FRA, I didn't expect him not to leave a water tight will - quite unthinkable. Trust lawyers to always find loop holes though, they might say he wasn't mentally balanced when he edited his own will or some poo like that.
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by omodapson(m): 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2011
ola_pluto:

Awon omo alaileko
 grin grin
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by KnowAll(m): 2:44pm On Jun 20, 2011
Too many raving lunatics prowl all over NL these days. What is the point of your baseless angst this fine Monday? What the 4ck is my business with your so-called friend and whatever real or imaginary investment he made donkey years ago? How does that even correlate with the essence of my initial or subsequent post?

What a waste; your entire existence must be a failed experiment. The sperm that led to your conception would have been better wanked down a bathroom sink.

If you have no time for "shallow miscreants" as you foolishly claim, then you'd know better than to unleash your stinky breath in my direction in the first place. Find a way of sucking off the entire heap of exc.r.e.t.a in your brain skull; I reckon it's better for you to be an air-head than a s h i t-head.

Too many Nigerians nowadays when they see any successful man or woman
irrespective of whether the man has any connection with Government he/she is a thief, I wish you can open your yeye mouth openly on the street of Lagos and call Mr Rotimi Williams a thief, it is then you would know that blood is thicker than water when the four siblings fighting each other abandon their quarrel and sue your bloody arse.

Thank God for the anonymity of the internet, you better continue spewing your non-sense in this forum “ no go make mistake to mis-yearn for public”
undecided
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by omofat: 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2011
26B naira estate! - why can't they just divide it by 4?

Still a tidy sum
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by LKRavitz(m): 3:39pm On Jun 20, 2011
26 billion ? cant be the right figure thats a whole lot of paper.
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by Roland17(m): 3:47pm On Jun 20, 2011
Greed, Long throat, apiri ogologo, no go kill Nigerians.
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by Reference(m): 5:14pm On Jun 20, 2011
KnowAll:

Too many Nigerians nowadays when they see any successful man or woman
irrespective of whether the man has any connection with Government he/she is a thief, I wish you can open your yeye mouth openly on the street of Lagos and call Mr Rotimi Williams a thief, it is then you would know that blood is thicker than water when the four siblings fighting each other abandon their quarrel and sue your bloody arse.

Thank God for the anonymity of the internet, you better continue spewing your non-sense in this forum “ no go make mistake to mis-yearn for public”
undecided

Hmmm, as a very high profile lawyer what should be expected is that he must have stepped on many toes. There will be people who have had encounters with him or stood on the other side and feel bad about it. For legal practitioners this is inevitable. I won't make comments about him, he was a great man. That's all I can say but I fully understand some feelings here and believe me they go way past petty jealousy or the camel passing through the eye of the needle. More like karma from their perspective.
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by alexola20(m): 6:21pm On Jun 20, 2011
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by dayorx(m): 8:24pm On Jun 20, 2011
@ pror
N26billion? ? ? ? These old thieves were part and parcel of the widespread corruption that bedevilled goernment from independece to the Second Republic. Thousands of government cases (remunerated far above prevailing benchmarks, is that not corruption?), paperwork processing, registrations, consitution drafting, Ikoyi/VI land grabbing, and so on. I can safely guess that 95% of this wealth was earned directly from the government. Na real wah?.

I think u should get your head checked for insulting the man that was a legal luminary, someone who practised law both in the UK and Nigeria for over 40 years, wrote all the constitutions to date, had a distinguished career and was the son of the first lawyer in nigeria, Guy not everyone is a thief,
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by dayorx(m): 8:41pm On Jun 20, 2011
FRA died without a will so no one should start talking about a will anywhere,
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by aloyemeka1: 9:36pm On Jun 20, 2011
dayorx:

FRA died without a will so no one should start talking about a will anywhere,

Are you one of his sons or grandchildren?
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by ssemire(f): 12:03am On Jun 21, 2011
my grandfather left an estate worth N3.5billion and none of his 6 children are fighting. all i need is N1 billion. i will find something useful to do with that. that is why the bible says godliness with contentment is great gain.

how pathetic. they have sown the seed of discord even among their own children. it will take the grace of God for their children to be at peace with one another
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by Theblessed(f): 4:26am On Jun 21, 2011
[b][size=16pt] Well, that's how he wanted to be remembered. His kids breaking each others head and some would even go as far as planning evil, to terminate each other - hope this doesn't get to that.

It's the way the dead man set up his family - probably married 130 wives with trailer load of children.  Let's pray there aint any born outside the marriages, have we considered them?  Well, if they'd not shown up by now, wait they are coming to fight for their own.

You see, men go about complicating their lives because of their own selfishness - eat your cake and have it after all, I made the money, I brought everyone here and I'm gonna call the shot, in the end they get drowned in their own selfishness.

Rarely, would you see son and daughters born by the same parent (mum and dad) kill each other over their inheritance as there's always a way they'd  resolve the issues.  If ever there's a quarrel, it's usually caused by their wives, those married into the family - bringing in jealousy and envy they have on each other and that can be an agony for the family/children. However, when it comes to different mother's, a lot of damage would have been caused and they are usually irreparable.

But one would like to ask, after the funeral and the quarrels did anyone ever learn from their father's mistakes? Well, some do, but there are one or two that never learns and would even be too happy to repeat their father's errors thus, continuing sowing the seeds of discord in their own respective families. 

Glad this family is killing themselves over their inheritance.  In fact, it's even better that way, other people would learn - won't they??

The will of God is that, parents should leave inheritance for their children but if it is going to cause trouble due to one person/the other side of the family wanting it all for himself/themselves as its  usually the case then, the best thing for the parents to do, to avoid this nonsese is to:

[list]
[li]Will out all your stuff accordingly. [/li]

[li]Sell off the whole lot, give away substantial amount to charities - the poor, the disabled, widows/widowers etc.  Make your pre-death funeral arrangement with your Solicitors/Insurers and the Church and settle your funeral cost (as your children might object to performing this duty if they knew they are being dis-inherited) and live off whatever is left with your wife until your last breath.

Of course, it's quite understable if they refuse to over-see your funeral.  Naturally, anyone that's dis-inherited will feel the same - jealousy and anger but don't let that faze you after all, it's your hardwork and if it's gonna cause trouble and dis-unity after you'd gone, you might as well give it away!

Even when Wills are drawn, sometimes, a family member still do feel unfairly treated and start causing trouble in the family. 

Parents should not bother about that after all, they'd given everyone of them a Net to catch their own fish, and they should go and catch it or drown - it's up to them! You made yourself, let them go and make themselves for their own families, simple![/li]
[/list]

Money can cause a lot of trouble in the family, and I don't think rich people should leave any for their lazy offsprings, only for them to either break their heads for it or waste it on crazy lifestyles.

It's strange what happens in families.  It hasn't been long here when a rich mum dis-inherited her only child (son) because of his attitudes towards her - he got a shock at her funeral when her solicitors read her Will, and he was dis-inherited. 

He rarely visited his mother at home, rarely called and when he did visit, he's always inside the car in the drive asking the servants about her - according to people, he seldomly comes in to see her. 

Personally, I will do the same - if a child does not bother about me when I needed him/her, I will not leave any thing behind, honest!  I will settle my own funeral, every thing they wouldn't have to bother.

Everyone knows that unlike us, White people don't mess up, they are not like us who are burdened by our moral and religious beliefs- but I think sometimes, our families need a little guidance regarding inheritance.  It's good to make them aware that, leaving anything behind is at your pleasure and not a right!!
[/size][/b]
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by rexfada(m): 4:57am On Jun 21, 2011
lack of proper home training. dont av much to say. sad
Re: Fra Williams' 4 Sons Fight Over Father's N26b Estate Gets Messier by OmoOlorun: 7:33am On Jun 21, 2011
Never join a cult or fraternity in your lifetime.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Celebrities show pdp their support at presidential rally in delta(pics) / Entwistle Rubbishes Telegraph Report On Buhari (photos) / Troops Kill Boko Haram Terrorists In Kangarwa,Borno State(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.