Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,020 members, 7,806,993 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt (47375 Views)

'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) / Gtbank Vs Innoson At The Supreme Court: What Really Happened / INNOSON: FIDELITY Bank Takes Advantage Of Gtb's Predicament - Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by Ikea81: 8:04pm On Jan 16, 2022
Ayomi90:
I already said this, no be by noise. They come online with joy shouting we will take over GTB, I look Dem I shake my head. cheesy grin

Is this not miscarriage of justice. Day light robbery. Our judicial system is just too corrupt..no hope for the common man in this country. Money don change hands....everyone in Nigeria has a price.

2 Likes

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:04pm On Jan 16, 2022
NwaNimo1:
In the lead judgment, written by Justice Tijani Abubakar, but read on Friday by Justice Abdu Aboki, the court held that ......

It's official...................Sharia & Supreme court don merge!

[img]https://c./CeZXjqmiz28AAAAd/jaxandjake-smell.gif[/img]

....to hell with Nijeria!
flat head people wan collect my darling GTB, nNa dey always failed, they will still fail again and again.

4 Likes

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by pappilo(m): 8:04pm On Jan 16, 2022
AJOBI77:
The more you look.......

We need Legal experts in the house to give legal interpretation ooo

It was written in plain English. Can you read and comprehend?
Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by emilo2bad: 8:06pm On Jan 16, 2022
Sunnycliff:
The one wey Innoson been win before nkọ, dem set am aside. Now fresh litigation starts. Not yet uhuru for GTBank.

If the supreme Court can set aside its ruling, while didn't they set aside supreme court governor rule of Hope Uzodinjo? Was that judgement not obtained by deciet
Also that of bayelsa state obtain by decit ala Mary Odili

2 Likes

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:07pm On Jan 16, 2022
Ikea81:

Is this not miscarriage of justice. Day light robbery. Our judicial system is just too corrupt..no hope for the common man in this country. Money don change hands....everyone in Nigeria has a price.
e pain them, they wan collect GTB, ole, gtbank Nationwide should beef up thier security oh because these guys Sabi rub bank, anyway, buhari oko iyawon still dey

8 Likes

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by Tennessee85: 8:07pm On Jan 16, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:
The Igbo tribe I know from time immemorial has the best brains to win any argument in any given time and in any particular place just that they don't like stressing their selves over irrelevant argument that's not talking about money.
Alaye shut up jare. You have the best brains to win any argument by claiming that Buhari has been cloned and replaced with Jubril from Sudan and Yusuf Abubakar from Nigeria abi? meth delusion.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by Almaigaa: 8:08pm On Jan 16, 2022
Igbo People right now grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by oza20(m): 8:08pm On Jan 16, 2022
fergie0o1:

PUNCH

This country called Nigeria is finished! Corruption in the highest order everywhere including the Judiciary. I say this with all sense of responsibility. If you want to see or witness corruption, just visit any court in Nigeria, particularly, Ikeja High court. You will see corruption openly and in broad day light. So, I've come to the conclusion that Justice is for the highest bidder in Nigeria. Imagine, I've engaged the services of lawyer to help process a letter Of Administration since April, 2021 and till today it's been one excuse or another after paying the required official processing fees. Nigeria, I open my "bombo" for you!

2 Likes

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by Sholaco: 8:09pm On Jan 16, 2022
DEROX:
grin yoruba will always triumph over osus
same thing will play out in 2023 cause we dont chestbeat just action
Hahahahahaha na wa oooo
Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by Tennessee85: 8:09pm On Jan 16, 2022
UselessBuharist:

Does the idiot in Aso Rock likes the Igbos ?
Do you Igbos like anyone?

7 Likes

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by PenSniper: 8:11pm On Jan 16, 2022
emmalexdboy:
How can the Supreme court of a country give a judgement and dismiss the appeal only to come back say the dismissal was made in error and then counter its own judgement.

The judiciary has been compromised. In fact, the highest level of corruption is in the Judiciary.

I remember when I went to Ikeja high court for the processing of a letter of administration with my lawyer.

In fact, I saw corruption at the highest level as you have to sort those working there for them to even attend to you which is their job.

Mehn, the country is gone!

Up till now, the letter have not come out because these people are only moved to their job when you give them money.

Meanwhile, THIS is the training I wish I had watched back when I first started blogging >>> CLICK MY SIGNATURE>>>

This training is for you if you...
>>Want to start a MONEY MAKING BLOG
>> DON'T want to waste TIME or MONEY
>>Want a SIMPLE SYSTEM that actually WORKS!

Did you read the judgement in another language other than english ?
Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by DamnnNiggarr: 8:12pm On Jan 16, 2022
Tennessee85:
Alaye shut up jare. You have the best brains to win any argument by claiming that Buhari has been cloned and replaced with Jubril from Sudan and Yusuf Abubakar from Nigeria abi? meth delusion.
haa! Oga mi! No be fight nah cheesy I and Oga Ayo were having a matured conversation.
Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by greggng: 8:12pm On Jan 16, 2022
I don't even see why gtb should jubilate. They are not off the hook yet .

2 Likes

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by Timmi: 8:14pm On Jan 16, 2022
caracas:

So why are we hearing this for the first time?
Sight an example where the supreme Court reversed its own judgement?

Go and do research and you will know that it’s common not only in Nigeria but in other countries.
Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by PenSniper: 8:15pm On Jan 16, 2022
LibertyRep:
So the Supreme Court can set aside her own rulings?

Then Innonson can equally approach the Supreme Court again to set aside this new ruling and the cycle continues.

How come the AGF and IGP haven't helped judgement creditor on this case to effect the previous Supreme Court ruling.

Everyone is watching

Because they were aware of the fraud perpetrated on the case through the office of the registrar. The office deliberately held on to the bank's submission in order to missile the panel into acting wrongly.
Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by richie240: 8:15pm On Jan 16, 2022
You are almost there, I'll given u 75%.
The average Igbo person is at loggerhead with everybody, including themselves!

They just form a 'united front' d moment they cross d Niger bridge and find themselves in foreign lands. That is d reason Biafra cannot work as they'll 'crab' themselves to extinction!

Sleekfingers:

What makes you think , that he doesn't like the igbos? Igbo see other tribes as their enemies , especially the north and southwest.....I don't wetin these two regions do ?

1 Like

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by Mayeldah(m): 8:17pm On Jan 16, 2022
Same supreme court that refused to revisit its earlier judgement between uzodinma and Ihedioha? Even when the whole country knew they erred is now preeaching it can reverse itself becuase Buhari and the yorubas in love.

Supreme court is now an appendage of the fulani government and they favour those who are slaves to them.

Innoson should move on. God has bless him already!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by PenSniper: 8:17pm On Jan 16, 2022
chigator2:
Mods, the title should be changed.

The Supreme Court didn't rule in favor of the GT Bank rather it repented from dismissing the case, the case will now be revisited.
No one gave GTB a free pass.

GTB is already hard hit by this case, it's valuation is now trailing behind Zenith Bank showing the lack of confidence by investors in such institution lacking transparency.

By whose analysis is it hard hit or is it your wishful thinking ?
Keep dreaming in fantasy.
Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by nwajesus12(m): 8:17pm On Jan 16, 2022
Ayomi90:

Olodo, how does it sound?
like you, ode

2 Likes

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by 9gerian: 8:19pm On Jan 16, 2022
I was expecting to read that punitive had been instituted against the registry office and the erring officer. This is because, it may have been prearranged to give one party an advantage.

Also, if the allegations of falsification of documents is correct, then the 2 cases should be treated separately: GTB made to pay their dues worth for wrongful deductions from Innoson account if proven, and innoson made to pay for the fraud perpetrated against GTB. Both parties can then decide to settle out of court if MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) is the case.

This may be the angle that GTB is playing at.

Finally, there should be no coloration of tribal affiliations to this case as it does not make any sense!

Christistruth00:

Something very bad has been going on in the Supreme Court Of Nigeria

Looks like the registry Office has been compromised

2 Likes

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by backbone503(m): 8:21pm On Jan 16, 2022
chigator2:
Mods, the title should be changed.

The Supreme Court didn't rule in favor of the GT Bank rather it repented from dismissing the case, the case will now be revisited.
No one gave GTB a free pass.

GTB is already hard hit by this case, it's valuation is now trailing behind Zenith Bank showing the lack of confidence by investors in such institution lacking transparency.

The ruling is in favour of GTB. The court granted its prayer

2 Likes

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by flokii: 8:31pm On Jan 16, 2022
I see GTB winning against Innoson on the long run.

2 Likes

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by vineyardfarms: 8:32pm On Jan 16, 2022
wonders shall never end. Another Imo state governor's judgement in the making.

2 Likes

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by backbone503(m): 8:34pm On Jan 16, 2022
obynzo:
The person that created the topic is mischievous. It is not that Supreme Court struck out Innoson's case or whether GTB won. What the court is saying that initially they struck out GTB's application, but later had to revisit it and they realised that they made an error due to wrong filing in the registry. Now they have accepted GTB's application and would determine its merit later.
See mischievous attitudes like this is why the case for regulation of social media is a hot topic, because the heading is misleading and downright suspicious. And as usual some dense individuals have started turning it to a tribal bashing.

There is nothing really misleading about the caption. Legally speaking, the court ruled in GTB's favour by admitting its error and granting its prayer to revisit the substantive suit.

Nigeria has never been this divided. Everything is seen along ethnic/tribal, religious or political lines.

2 Likes

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by missuzoma: 8:35pm On Jan 16, 2022
Many are commenting without reading the story. The case is still continuing. This Nairaland is tiring and filled up with barely literate lazy people!

2 Likes

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by Asour: 8:38pm On Jan 16, 2022
DEROX:
grin yoruba will always triumph over osus
same thing will play out in 2023 cause we dont chestbeat just action

The question should be if banks can be categorized by tribes, why did he deal with a 'Yoruba' bank?

As we chat now people of different tribes are engaged in profitable businesses across the country with little qualms. The moment disagreement(bound to happen in all dealings) sets in we begin to hear tribal sentiments.

Hahahahahahaha.

Let's hear.

1 Like

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by Ayomi90: 8:38pm On Jan 16, 2022
nwajesus12:
like you, ode
Mumu
Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by Iko5000: 8:39pm On Jan 16, 2022
Don't think so , If i'm right GTB can now appeal the early judgement that Innoson won but our will aloo the lawyers in the house to confirm this

blamingthedevil:
It is over ,

God Bless Gt Bank
God Bless Innosson
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by overall90: 8:39pm On Jan 16, 2022
Myer:

I'm no expert but the Supreme court did not judge the case earlier, it simply dismissed it.

But knowing the country we are, we can understand that money and power have made the judge dance to the tune of the piper.

That said,I believe in any reasonable country, Innoson would have won the case.
Or this case would have been settled out of court with Innoson agreeing on a reasonable amount of pay-off.
But the igbos being as greedy as their culture is, he wanted to own GTB just because of the error that happened.

GTB clearly erred.
But any reasonable person would agree to settle out of court.
No company would want to lose it's existence and investment simply because of the error of a staff.

But Innoson was hellbent on owning the bank for their simple error.
Greed definitely consumes.

While I know and agree that GTB is at fault.
I dont know how much they had to to bribe to settle this case, but I believe Innoson erred by seeing it as an opportunity to own the bank instead of settling out of court.

Now he has lost at the apex court because;

1. He is igbo, and supreme court is under the auspices of the Hausas

2. He has failed to realise that Hausas and Yoruba due to political benefits are more United than Yoruba and Igbo.

3. Innoson is greedy.

Are you sure you know about this case?
How is innoson greedy?
A case that have gone from the high court up to the supreme court and in each of the cases innoson won but gtb refused to settle with innoson.
On the issue of owning the bank, innoson was merely emphasasing on how the debt has grown and still growing, and that if care is not taken,it grow to such an amount that gtb won't be able to pay,as a reasonable human, what do you think will happen in such situations.

2 Likes

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by rolams(m): 8:41pm On Jan 16, 2022
The court that can't reverse its ruling during Hope Uzodima's case against Ihedioha. Wonder shall never end!

1 Like

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by Ikea81: 8:42pm On Jan 16, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
e pain them, they wan collect GTB, ole, gtbank Nationwide should beef up thier security oh because these guys Sabi rub bank, anyway, buhari oko iyawon still dey

E go soon reach your turn.. I hope say you get money?

2 Likes

Re: GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt by Elliotwaveforec: 8:46pm On Jan 16, 2022
Good news

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? / Starting A Trucking Business In Nigeria? / Naira Vs Dollar: A Picture With Deep Meaning.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.