Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

True Or False? See Type Of Lectures In Nigerian Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / True Or False? See Type Of Lectures In Nigerian Universities (1512 Views)

Strike: ABU Zaria Reopens October 24, Resumes Lectures In January / Viral Photo Of Black Kids Isolated From White Kids Is False.see What Happened(p / List Of Universities In Nigeria That Offer Admission Without JAMB True or False? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Or False? See Type Of Lectures In Nigerian Universities by ejude44: 10:09pm On Jan 16, 2022
From sexual harassment to downright wickedness, the list goes on and on. Based on the fact that they are rarely supervised and the cries of the students are often neglected, these people seem to have nothing to fear when they taint the futures of the young Nigerian student.

It is incredibly appalling to see them in action, without a care in the world as they wreck the lives of people for no proper reason but to sate their ego and feed their pride.

Below I am going to list the different types of lecturers in the Nigerian university and give you a typical example of how they operate and handle different situations.

1. The attendance freak
These ones are the lecturers that come early to class, after a few minutes of them in the class, they close the doors and do not allow people to come in. They talk about the 70% attendance or no exam rule all the time, but never seem to be able to keep it.

They try to come up with new ways to frustrate your life if you don’t come to class. My lecturer even makes us sign our signatures on the attendance list and verifies them to make sure that another person does not sign for you. They talk about how there attendance would give you marks, and so on and so forth. These guys to me are just very petty and a huge pain in the backside.

2. The strict Lecturers
These sadists are an embodiment of wickedness, pride and unhappiness. They are the ones who send people out of the their class for stupid reasons, give tons of assignment to be submitted the next day by 8 in the morning.

They take the matriculation numbers of people and promise them failure and worse of all, set questions out of nowhere in exams and test. These are the worst humans on earth and do not deserve sympathy when met with bad occurrences in their life.

What kind of joy does it profit a man to tell someone to come again next year for an Exam? It just goes to show that these people should have their mental health checked before giving them the job of grooming the leaders of tomorrow.

I am sure these people have a huge role to play in the level at which our country has fallen. With mentors like these, progress is never going to be possible.

3. The lazy lecturers
These lecturers never come to class, they only appear a week or two to exam, and finish a semester of work in a day.

4. The womanizers
If you are not the type with female friends, you will not know these guys even exist, but trust me they do.

They ask female students to see them in their office for no proper reasons at all. They try to woo them into bed with them with promises of good grades and other things. I even have a friend who was given the questions to her exams weeks prior. These good for nothing men are disgusting and are mostly married.

5. The dumb lecturers.
As a student of engineering with solid courses that need absolute understanding and grasping, this one hits me hard every time I come across it.

These are the lecturers that try to look smart by coming to class , dictating notes that are not comprehendible, cannot give a decent answer to questions to students, and to top it all, they set the most complicated questions in examinations and tests.

I wonder how these people got their jobs because it is clear that they have no idea what they are talking about.

post from https://japahow.com/types-of-lecturers-in-nigerian-university/

3 Likes

Re: True Or False? See Type Of Lectures In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 16, 2022
partially right
Re: True Or False? See Type Of Lectures In Nigerian Universities by Emecson(m): 10:29pm On Jan 16, 2022
No. 5 dey vex me die, especially if they are engineering lecturers, my body is doing me like I should call some uniuyo lecturers name but some of them fit dey nairaland
Re: True Or False? See Type Of Lectures In Nigerian Universities by ChemicalReaction(f): 10:41pm On Jan 16, 2022
Number 5 though.. grin

To add to your list. The ones who take pride in how difficult their courses are. They be like;
A is for God
B is for myself
C is for the brightest students
The rest can share EFCC.

Dear Lecturers,
It should bother you when a large number of students fail your course. It simply means you're a terrible teacher and cannot impact knowledge. CHANGE!

2 Likes

Re: True Or False? See Type Of Lectures In Nigerian Universities by robinso01(m): 7:07am On Jan 17, 2022
The ones that always say
A belongs to God
B belongs to me
C belongs to the most brilliant students
D and other grades belong to the other students.

I don't know the kind of joy they derives in failing students.
Most Nigerian students will perform better in abroad,like we do see with most that traveled out for their education.
Re: True Or False? See Type Of Lectures In Nigerian Universities by MJBOLT: 11:04am On Jan 17, 2022
What of the ones that will give 10 marks to the entire class after a test yet everybody will get 5/20

2 Likes

Re: True Or False? See Type Of Lectures In Nigerian Universities by OwoukoUrua(m): 11:19am On Jan 17, 2022
Emecson:
No. 5 dey vex me die, especially if they are engineering lecturers, my body is doing me like I should call some uniuyo lecturers name but some of them fit dey nairaland

My comrade
Re: True Or False? See Type Of Lectures In Nigerian Universities by Deo1986(m): 12:42pm On Jan 17, 2022
On a lighter side we have the,
1. Story Tellers. These ones will tell you history of the world, and all the happenings in the country from 1960. I used to enjoy this lecturer the most.
2. The Funny Type. These ones can make you laugh from morning till night, every single word the utter evokes laughter. I momentarily forgets my problems when I am in his class.
Re: True Or False? See Type Of Lectures In Nigerian Universities by Yohans(m): 1:01pm On Jan 17, 2022
What about the grammarians.Those ones will be correcting your english and construction of sentences.
Re: True Or False? See Type Of Lectures In Nigerian Universities by Danjikanbauchi: 2:21pm On Jan 17, 2022
ejude44:
From sexual harassment to downright wickedness, the list goes on and on. Based on the fact that they are rarely supervised and the cries of the students are often neglected, these people seem to have nothing to fear when they taint the futures of the young Nigerian student.

It is incredibly appalling to see them in action, without a care in the world as they wreck the lives of people for no proper reason but to sate their ego and feed their pride.

Below I am going to list the different types of lecturers in the Nigerian university and give you a typical example of how they operate and handle different situations.

1. The attendance freak
These ones are the lecturers that come early to class, after a few minutes of them in the class, they close the doors and do not allow people to come in. They talk about the 70% attendance or no exam rule all the time, but never seem to be able to keep it.

They try to come up with new ways to frustrate your life if you don’t come to class. My lecturer even makes us sign our signatures on the attendance list and verifies them to make sure that another person does not sign for you. They talk about how there attendance would give you marks, and so on and so forth. These guys to me are just very petty and a huge pain in the backside.

2. The strict Lecturers
These sadists are an embodiment of wickedness, pride and unhappiness. They are the ones who send people out of the their class for stupid reasons, give tons of assignment to be submitted the next day by 8 in the morning.

They take the matriculation numbers of people and promise them failure and worse of all, set questions out of nowhere in exams and test. These are the worst humans on earth and do not deserve sympathy when met with bad occurrences in their life.

What kind of joy does it profit a man to tell someone to come again next year for an Exam? It just goes to show that these people should have their mental health checked before giving them the job of grooming the leaders of tomorrow.

I am sure these people have a huge role to play in the level at which our country has fallen. With mentors like these, progress is never going to be possible.

3. The lazy lecturers
These lecturers never come to class, they only appear a week or two to exam, and finish a semester of work in a day.

4. The womanizers
If you are not the type with female friends, you will not know these guys even exist, but trust me they do.

They ask female students to see them in their office for no proper reasons at all. They try to woo them into bed with them with promises of good grades and other things. I even have a friend who was given the questions to her exams weeks prior. These good for nothing men are disgusting and are mostly married.

5. The dumb lecturers.
As a student of engineering with solid courses that need absolute understanding and grasping, this one hits me hard every time I come across it.

These are the lecturers that try to look smart by coming to class , dictating notes that are not comprehendible, cannot give a decent answer to questions to students, and to top it all, they set the most complicated questions in examinations and tests.

I wonder how these people got their jobs because it is clear that they have no idea what they are talking about.

post from https://japahow.com/types-of-lecturers-in-nigerian-university/
if this op is not a Sadist where are the natural profs, where are the smart lectures that when it's their lecture time even students from other departments come to listen because they are too intelligent and smart.

1 Like

Re: True Or False? See Type Of Lectures In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 17, 2022
6. Teacher-lecturers
The ones that will teach you to the extent that if you don't still understand, it means your village people are very strong on your head undecided

1 Like

Re: True Or False? See Type Of Lectures In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 17, 2022
Emecson:

Calm down comrade...
Re: True Or False? See Type Of Lectures In Nigerian Universities by Uyi168: 6:38pm On Jan 17, 2022
funny enough, I have not encountered any of these lecturers..
Re: True Or False? See Type Of Lectures In Nigerian Universities by sinkhole: 7:49pm On Jan 17, 2022
According to OP, there is no reasonable and decent Lecturer in Nigerian Universities!
I have seen Lecturers that organize extra class just to ensure that students get the best.
I have seen Lecturers, in Nigeria, that spent his/her money to help students in projects and other things.
I have seen Nigerian Lecturers working 24hours a day, 7days a week, just to make sure that students understand whatever they teach.
Re: True Or False? See Type Of Lectures In Nigerian Universities by cassidy1996(m): 8:15pm On Jan 17, 2022
Good

(1) (Reply)

ASUU UPDATE: President Buhari Calls For An Emergency Meeting With ASUU / Futminna 2010-2011 Admission Thread. / Row Over Ekiti Federal Varsity Site Settled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.