Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,326 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! (32665 Views)

My Wife Is Not Interested In Sex Anymore / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Vanzcharles(m): 9:05am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:
This is kinda confusing to me. I've been married to my beloveth wife for 11 years and counting. God has blessed us with three kids of ten, four and a year old. We are having a wonderful Union and time of our lifes.

For sometime now, I've been nurturing the idea of relocating abroad. My wife has BSc and MSc in Microbiology but has been jobless since she concluded her NYSC the year we got married. I'm ready to sponsor her for PHD to any country of her choice to pave way for I and the kids to follow later.

However, she has turned me down whenever I brought up the issue. Her response is always tied around the bond we share and that she can't just leave her kids and travel abroad.

I have a good paying job but I really want her to explore her potentials too. She's a very good wife and an excellent mother but I'm confused why she's skeptical about leaving this Country.

Or am I the one taking too much risk?

Oga leave your wife alone. She is not interested. Invest the money into something more useful to her than paying huge for her Ph.D, she read mcb both at undergraduate and postgraduate level. You can help her develop a research centre if you truly want her to maximize full potentials. Don't try to separate her from the kids or yourself especially now that they are still very young and need their mom by their side.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by 2real52: 9:06am On Jan 17, 2022
The happiness in your home is too much and it is overflowing into the devil's dwelling. It is disturbing him.

In the Bible, the devil used Eve. In your own case, you are the tool

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by uthlaw: 9:06am On Jan 17, 2022
MPESA:

I Don comot my hands on this thread. cheesy
bros come back, we start together!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 17, 2022
Wife has already quite rightly concluded that education is no guarantee of securing a well paying job. The education she has is enough for her and to separate from her three children is too much a price to pay a PhD that may not guarantee her a job.

Thinking about a good business you can set up with her to be in charge of , would benefit op's family more.
Kobojunkie:
Your wife has a masters and has been jobless for 11 years. Does she even harbor desires to obtain a PhD on top of what she has so far, or are you the one making that decision for her to obtain a PhD as well? undecided

You want her to explore her "potentials" but why aren't these "potentials" explorable with the masters she currently has? undecided

If she don't want to go abroad for PhD,and assuming it is her desire to begin with, what is wrong with paying for her to obtain one right there in the country?, undecided
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by lagosrd: 9:06am On Jan 17, 2022
webincomeplus:
It's just cool reading through a thread like this on NL. Mature, civil, and insightful comments all through. A total breakaway from the tribal, religious, and political jabs and battles that have plagued NL lately. Even the usual trolling and "cruise" mongers aren't here. We need more of this.

They have not woken up, you will soon see them.....
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by segtech68: 9:07am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:
the only reason why your marriage is good is because she doesn't have a job. think about it
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Donmoney11: 9:07am On Jan 17, 2022
She's a good woman, why can't you find a job for her down there in naija. I bet you will loose her to another man if eventually she travels. Quote me wrong

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by uthlaw: 9:08am On Jan 17, 2022
Willie2015:

This is a wrong belief.....

Prayer works on everything...

U have to come with a clean heart and follow the rules.....

God is no respecter of person.... What a man sows...He shall reap...
there is different between what a man sow and prayer...if prayer works on everything,Nigeria is the most worshipped nation and poverty capital of the world...we contribute money to build churches worth billions of naira and we go back to that church for prayers to get a job...do you think sense is common in that!
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Mamayam: 9:09am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:
This is kinda confusing to me. I've been married to my beloveth wife for 11 years and counting. God has blessed us with three kids of ten, four and a year old. We are having a wonderful Union and time of our lifes.

For sometime now, I've been nurturing the idea of relocating abroad. My wife has BSc and MSc in Microbiology but has been jobless since she concluded her NYSC the year we got married. I'm ready to sponsor her for PHD to any country of her choice to pave way for I and the kids to follow later.

However, she has turned me down whenever I brought up the issue. Her response is always tied around the bond we share and that she can't just leave her kids and travel abroad.

I have a good paying job but I really want her to explore her potentials too. She's a very good wife and an excellent mother but I'm confused why she's skeptical about leaving this Country.

Go do DNA test for your children.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Rogerss(m): 9:10am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:

Going Abroad is what you want not what she wants.
Sit her down and ask her what her dreams are and you would understand what she wants.
You would be surprised what she really wants is owing her own business.
So, rather than looking for a job, give her some money to start something small.
Increase the funding for the business as the business grows.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by BabaAgba79(m): 9:11am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:

My case same as yours. The truth is if your wife loves you too much, she would hardly leave you alone. if you like woo her with Canadian PR, SHE WONT GO. Na love dey shark am. I ma in the same shoes with you. Same case. All I see in my wife's face daily na love love love after 8 years of togetherness in marriage!

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by smart024(m): 9:11am On Jan 17, 2022
You need to search both yourself and your wife too...
There must be a reason why she took her stance and it should be bothered around TRUST, UNDERSTANDING and INSECURITY of the marriage...

Realchairmann:

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by MPESA(m): 9:11am On Jan 17, 2022
uthlaw:
bros come back, we start together!

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by HereAtIt(m): 9:12am On Jan 17, 2022
Don't sell your home to chaos
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by backnbeta(f): 9:13am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:

I have a good paying job but[b] I really want her to explore her potentials too. [/b] She's a very good wife and an excellent mother but I'm confused why she's skeptical about leaving this Country.

She may not really be inclined towards those 'potentials' you are imagining despite having a masters otherwise she would have started her PhD in Nigeria before now. Let her tell you exactly what she wants and see how you can work around it here in Nigeria or you can be the primary applicant and take your family with you.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by rolams(m): 9:13am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:

Why are you forcing her to study abroad? Let her further her studies here if she wishes. She has made the right choice. Abeg, let her be!
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by pocohantas(f): 9:13am On Jan 17, 2022
Your wife has a BSc and Masters, yet she hasn’t worked in 11 years. You want same woman to do PhD? Face it, she isn’t career oriented and I do not mean this as an insult. Just letting you know her type full Nigeria.

The problem is not that she hates abroad. The problem is, she doesn’t want the burden of relocation to be on her. Definitely not via education and work. If you go for it, she would join you and continue being your darling wife.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Krisnel: 9:14am On Jan 17, 2022
You said you want her to go first? She probably doesn't want to lose her family to these rampaging slay queens. Change the plans to all of you leaving same time and see if she still maintains her stand. These women no wan take chances again; marauders abound.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by BabaAgba79(m): 9:16am On Jan 17, 2022
[quote author=Realchairmann post=109434585]This is kinda confusing to me. I've been married to my beloveth wife for 11 years and counting. God has blessed us with three kids of ten, four and a year old. We are having a wonderful Union and time of our lifes.

My case same as yours. The truth is if your wife loves you too much, she would hardly leave you alone. if you like woo her with Canadian PR, SHE WONT GO. Na love dey shark am. I ma in the same shoes with you. Same case. All I see in my wife's face daily na love love love after 8 years of togetherness in marriage!
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by geezynoni: 9:16am On Jan 17, 2022
It's understandable... that's a courtiois right there.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by DarkJeddi(m): 9:17am On Jan 17, 2022
uthlaw:
no,I'm not presuming for her,what I'm saying is that,the husband agenda is for them to leave the country,and if she is not hyped about living abroad,the husband should go with is children!
I take it you are not married?

Marriages doesn't work that way..

It's a two way thing..

The husband can't just upped and leave with the children..

He has a happy marriage going on..

You expect him to just tear it apart and move on?
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Thanos5555: 9:17am On Jan 17, 2022
Brother some people here have given you good advises, but let me cap it all by saying , your wife has entered a place of no return, she has been too idle for a long time, yes i know that you receive a good salary and it good that you are ambitious and have a clear defined parts for future planning as regards your children, but you really have to make your wife uncomfortable in that position she has been, you cant be encouraging her to be idle for 11 years nd then you think that you can just wake her spirit up with your good dreams, i will advise that you send your kids abroad for thier studies and forget about your wife, you could force her to be involved in one trade or the other, so her energetic life can be activated once again

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by DarkJeddi(m): 9:19am On Jan 17, 2022
Mamayam:

Go do DNA test for your children.
Why?

Because the wife doesn't want to move abroad?

Must she move abroad?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Krisnel: 9:19am On Jan 17, 2022
HRMK:
hahaha....what a very smart lady!why must she study abroad for her phd?no more schs in nigeria?u want to be busy with ur sidechicks around?I JUST DONT TRUST U!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Bimpe29: 9:22am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:

Please be elated, grateful and proud for having her kind as wife and soulmate.

At times, a man have an idea with the assurance of it being effective and fruitful. Alas, such an idea is suicidal and harmful to everything about the man's life.

Stop worrying her for travelling abroad without you and the kids.

Perhaps, you fail to know, such move/idea is too risky - answer to your question and idea.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Soffyh(m): 9:23am On Jan 17, 2022
B
Samuelkirk:
Seems this man doesn't like how peaceful his family is.. don't start what you can't finish
the man reason well, the family is peaceful right now bcuz the man is well providing for them, nobody's knows tomorrow that's why yu shouldn't put all ur eggs in one crate, the man wants the woman to also work and earn abroad, he only use studying PhD as excuse or to persuade her, the man is planning for future purpose for that woman and kids, but I can see local mentality worrying that woman, maybe sh thinks the man wants to send her away to marry another lady,someone that has masters and 3kids is not lazy,but she need someone to talk sense into her brain, even top big millionaire with financial stability, celebrities wife are abroad working and securing better future for ther kids undecided kiss maybe the wife family are discouraging her or her friends
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by FireUpNow(m): 9:23am On Jan 17, 2022
Oga OP the idea of going abroad is yours and not her so if she is not interested please don't force her. Remember that you can take a horse to a river but you cannot force the horse to drink water. For me I will advice you to travel abroad yourself if you want and leave her. What do you want to go abroad? To make more money or what.? Consider her choice of she being around the kids it's very important.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Ungodly: 9:24am On Jan 17, 2022
michlins:
Before you got married, you should have discussed career goals and know how ambitious each other is.

If she says she can't go, let her be and you should start working on some other job for her. Don't come and spoil the peace you have in your house. It's very hard to come by
you can’t discuss everything before you get married… not possible
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Kobicove(m): 9:25am On Jan 17, 2022
lagosrd:

They have not woken up, you will soon see them.....

grin
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by treatise: 9:26am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:

She's thinking you want to be having seamless dating excellento grin
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Chuksyno(m): 9:27am On Jan 17, 2022
socialmediaman:
There are so many reasons why that could be the case, you can probe further or try other paths like Express Entry where you’re the primary applicant. She probably has insecurities about another woman being in the picture if she travels? Also, some people are not that enthusiastic about relocating abroad or furthering their education, or perhaps she doesn’t want to become the breadwinner while you’re figuring yourself out there if you join her because the housewife you’re enjoying may suddenly become a stranger (bossy) if she starts providing for you
The area I agreed with you is her probable insecurity of losing her hubby to another woman.Every other thing is secondary.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Kobicove(m): 9:28am On Jan 17, 2022
Soffyh:
Bthe man reason well, the family is peaceful right now bcuz the man is well providing for them, nobody's knows tomorrow that's why yu shouldn't put all ur eggs in one crate, the man wants the woman to also work and earn abroad, he only use studying PhD as excuse or to persuade her, the man is planning for future purpose for that woman and kids, but I can see local mentality worrying that woman, maybe sh thinks the man wants to send her away to marry another lady,someone that has masters and 3kids is not lazy,but she need someone to talk sense into her brain, even top big millionaire with financial stability, celebrities wife are abroad working and securing better future for ther kids undecided kiss maybe the wife family are discouraging her or her friends

Oga living abroad does not in anyway guarantee you a better life...the real money is here in Nigeria!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tijani Adigun Adeagbo: My Dad Is Missing / Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi / What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.