Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,933 members, 7,806,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! (32661 Views)

My Wife Is Not Interested In Sex Anymore / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Burgerlomo: 11:57am On Jan 17, 2022
Samuelkirk:
Seems this man doesn't like how peaceful his family is.. don't start what you can't finish

I really feel sorry for him because he doesn't really understand what he's toying with, though he has a very good intentions but what he does not understand is that he is at the same time playing with fire, a word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by MPESA(m): 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2022
faithfull18:

Well, I feel if you have the financial muscle to plan relocation, they should be able to afford given birth abroad, most cases I have seen, the children get it though.

CAPITAL NO.

first they have probably have two or more kids already.... So which one are they going to give over there again.
Secondly going abroad can be packaged that's doesn't mean they are financially healthy....

Giving birth is not about money even with your money Visa is not guaranteed.... Virtually all Westerner countries doesn't not give citizenship birth even Uk doesn't give.... It's only Usa , Canada an Brasil I know for now .... And with $$4-10k you can give birth to any of this listed above countries IF you have the Visa and Exception of unforseen circumstances during or after the childbirth.

Best route to relocate is by education and now she dey migirimo .... she's now lazy and inconsiderate.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by doggedfighter(f): 12:12pm On Jan 17, 2022
Truvelisback:
If prayer doesn't work on everything, prayer can work on issues like this. I knew a guy who carelessly and foolishly lost his good paying job all because a man promised to help his football career(he was a goalkeeper) by taking him abroad. He foolishly resigned from his good paying job hoping that the Abroad football career would be favourable, only for him to be DISAPPOINTED. As i am talking to u now, the Dude is eating from hand to mouth.

Prayer works nothing.

Your anecdote got nothing to do with prayer.

Good afternoon.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by MrMurdah: 12:14pm On Jan 17, 2022
Apparently, you did not bother to ask her what she wanted to do.

You just felt it was going to be easy peasy because you were footing the money.

Not so easy.

It is best for you to ask her what she wants to do and back her financially.

For you to allow it to drag for 11 years is a problem in itself.

It will be herculean to take her out of her comfort zone if she has been jobless for more than a decade and expect her to have an overnight career.

Best to find out what business she can start and support her financially.

Point blank period.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by BigDawsNet: 12:20pm On Jan 17, 2022
Try and confus her and give her alot of reasons to accept your proposal

I remember my mum used to tell my Dad den..."if everyone wants to relocate, we should leave her alone...she's not going anywhere"

Not like she doesn't wanna go but to Goan stay dere...she doesn't buy the idea...and I actually know she's not ready to leave all her buisness here...

But eventually when we the family drag it for months.....she agreed... We relocated... But she can't miss visiting Nigeria atleast 2times a year
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by CaptainAyub: 12:26pm On Jan 17, 2022
Lexusgs430:

She wants to remain a housewife, she loves the concept of you been the only provider, whilst she continuously puts her feet up ............
This is exactly the summary and unfortunately plenty of the simps blaming the OP can't see thru this.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Oluchia(f): 12:30pm On Jan 17, 2022
deepwater:

This is because the OP didn't start by bashing his wife....respect for his wife is written all over his post. You can't insult such a thread if the OP acts within reasonableness

You're very right. Even at that, I still see some yeye people insulting his wife calling her lazy and insinuating she must be cheating on her husband. In fact, some people can never get sense.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Lexusgs430: 12:33pm On Jan 17, 2022
CaptainAyub:

This is exactly the summary and unfortunately plenty of the simps blaming the OP can't see thru this.

Comes with experience................. cheesy
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by makavellidon: 12:49pm On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:
This is kinda confusing to me. I've been married to my beloveth wife for 11 years and counting. God has blessed us with three kids of ten, four and a year old. We are having a wonderful Union and time of our lifes.

For sometime now, I've been nurturing the idea of relocating abroad. My wife has BSc and MSc in Microbiology but has been jobless since she concluded her NYSC the year we got married. I'm ready to sponsor her for PHD to any country of her choice to pave way for I and the kids to follow later.

However, she has turned me down whenever I brought up the issue. Her response is always tied around the bond we share and that she can't just leave her kids and travel abroad.

I have a good paying job but I really want her to explore her potentials too. She's a very good wife and an excellent mother but I'm confused why she's skeptical about leaving this Country.

Or am I the one taking too much risk?
i think your wife love buhari very much
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by blissfulheart(f): 12:55pm On Jan 17, 2022
pls give the opportunity or just 5m to get my skilled worker visa,once am there and start working i will bring u and your familly over as my uncle,brother which ever you prefer.

or give me a loan of 500k to put up my pharmacy and save up from there to travel.since your wife doesn't know what she is missing.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by CaptainAyub: 12:55pm On Jan 17, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Comes with experience................. cheesy
Yeah.
Facing almost same shii myself.
Has a degree in law but keeps making excuses why she wouldn't do masters,wouldn't follow up to trade,call my friends who are lawyers and remind them to give you jobs they don't want=mbanu.
Even to copy and paste property adverts like most other lawyers=no way
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Passionate1(m): 12:59pm On Jan 17, 2022
HacheNoire:
Then you that money to establish a good business for her in Nigeria.

You not even scared! You want to send your wife abroad alone? Do you know fine boys like us are very deadly, that any woman born of a lady can hardly resist us.

Please preserve your marriage. Boys are picking hobbies in breaking homes now. I have a friend who has 7 homes under his belt- He has used his peniss to destroy 7 formerly happy homes.

There are still faithful women. .Be optimistic !
But I go advice d hubby not to force it on her. .
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Truvelisback(m): 1:02pm On Jan 17, 2022
doggedfighter:

Prayer works nothing.

Your anecdote got nothing to do with prayer.

Good afternoon.
Thaks for ur opinion. I know u are an Atheist but it's for those who believes in it.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Lexusgs430: 1:04pm On Jan 17, 2022
CaptainAyub:

Yeah.
Facing almost same shii myself.
Has a degree in law but keeps making excuses why she wouldn't do masters,wouldn't follow up to trade,call my friends who are lawyers and remind them to give you jobs they don't want=mbanu.
Even to copy and paste property adverts like most other lawyers=no way

It's a Nigeria-centric curse ......... A man must not be the only provider...... A curse inherited from generations, gone bye bye ........... wink
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by akanbiaa(m): 1:10pm On Jan 17, 2022
uthlaw:
if she obtained it here, it useless,education in this country is useless, Nigeria is useless.... The wife is just lazy!
Lazy? Yet she got degree and masters ? I don't think she is lazy ,she said cannot leave her family and the bond they have and I think he should respect that also and most masters and PhD holders end up getting jobless after investing so much to achieve it, my advice is he should look for an investment of her interest for her that she can manage or supervise or busuness of her choice. Masters PHd in Nigeria is now more for showing off than solution to unemoloyemt and poverty.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by dlordy100: 1:15pm On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:
This is kinda confusing to me. I've been married to my beloveth wife for 11 years and counting. God has blessed us with three kids of ten, four and a year old. We are having a wonderful Union and time of our lifes.

For sometime now, I've been nurturing the idea of relocating abroad. My wife has BSc and MSc in Microbiology but has been jobless since she concluded her NYSC the year we got married. I'm ready to sponsor her for PHD to any country of her choice to pave way for I and the kids to follow later.

However, she has turned me down whenever I brought up the issue. Her response is always tied around the bond we share and that she can't just leave her kids and travel abroad.

I have a good paying job but I really want her to explore her potentials too. She's a very good wife and an excellent mother but I'm confused why she's skeptical about leaving this Country.

If she's a good wife and mother as you claim then don't question her decisions.. Don't use ur hand to lure devil into ur marriage if you're so enjoying it as you still claim. You have enough money to fund her PhD to any country then use that money to gift her a big shop or even buy her a job here in Nigeria since u just want her to work.... I rest my case here
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by solonubinho(m): 1:19pm On Jan 17, 2022
This story is somehow. If she is going for PhD, she would be allowed to go with her kids nau. Or does she not know?
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by marylandcakes: 1:28pm On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:

This is more of your dream than hers, you’re living fine and both of you are happy. No amount of money can buy what you have. Instead use that money to encourage her to start something in Nigeria, since she has no interest in relocating abroad. If you relocate and things do go as planned, there might be too much resentment in your marriage. “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it”
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by uthlaw: 1:40pm On Jan 17, 2022
akanbiaa:
Lazy? Yet she got degree and masters ? I don't think she is lazy ,she said cannot leave her family and the bond they have and I think he should respect that also and most masters and PhD holders end up getting jobless after investing so much to achieve it, my advice is he should look for an investment of her interest for her that she can manage or supervise or busuness of her choice. Masters PHd in Nigeria is now more for showing off than solution to unemoloyemt and poverty.
he should respect her by leaving her behind and move out of the country with is children...no investment can buy future for the children in this country, the man should move without wasting time,if he doesn't want to regret in future!
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by zomby(m): 1:48pm On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:

My question is, do you plan to relocate with her? if your answer is no, it means she is not a fool.
She doesn't want to leave because majority of you guys that relocate your wives to abroad stay in Nigeria to foool around with SideChicks full time, while your wives transfer dollars to u in Lagos.

Please tell her that all of you will be relocating together and see how quickly she will pack up her belongings.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by ednut1(m): 1:48pm On Jan 17, 2022
na2016:

They will give her a Ph.D. if she works for it. The issue here is if she is a Ph.D. material, that could actually be part of the reason for her not being excited about it.
so as a supervisor you will endorse someone who has been an house wife for 10 years for phd admission Abeg
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Blackdisciple(m): 2:01pm On Jan 17, 2022
Use the money and establish her in Nigeria, she will do well
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 17, 2022
Dear OP, why don't you try exploring those potentials here in Nigeria. Not everyone wants to relocate abroad permanently.
If u truly dream of relocating abroad, don't force it on her, it 's your dream not hers. Instead, you all should relocate together.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by GetMeRight: 2:17pm On Jan 17, 2022
HacheNoire:
Then you that money to establish a good business for her in Nigeria.

You not even scared! You want to send your wife abroad alone? Do you know fine boys like us are very deadly, that any woman born of a lady can hardly resist us.

Please preserve your marriage. Boys are picking hobbies in breaking homes now. I have a friend who has 7 homes under his belt- He has used his peniss to destroy 7 formerly happy homes.

Laughing Out Loud
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by akanbiaa(m): 2:31pm On Jan 17, 2022
uthlaw:
he should respect her by leaving her behind and move out of the country with is children...no investment can buy future for the children in this country, the man should move without wasting time,if he doesn't want to regret in future!
What works for you might not work for others , you seem passionate about moving out of the country but not others share same sentiments whether they are enjoying or suffering in the country, and about getting a better future for children it is not taking them abroad that guarantees that , we all see so many druggies, rude and spoilt adults from abroad whom their parents once shared same sentiments as yours, so just be prayerful , instill love and discipline in them , seek for a job or seek for solutions to peoples problem and get paid for it, and always learn to adapt to seeing issues from others point of view and respecting their opinion for you will not stand by such person if they follow your advice and things go wrong you might still end up blaming them. The best you can do is to advice by giving both pros and cons and let people decide on what is best for them. It was the Industrial age that having Masters and PHd has semblance of relevance to get competitive salary jobs (not to even create and sustain wealth ) but the age we are now it is those who can solve problems with their unique skills, market a product , or create products in demand or provide unique servuces in demand to customers that are the real deal.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by GetMeRight: 2:31pm On Jan 17, 2022
Lexusgs430:

She wants to remain a housewife, she loves the concept of you been the only provider, whilst she continuously puts her feet up ............
CaptainAyub:

Lol. Must Op put his wife on a journey of no return? Op has plenty of options for his wife but why fixated on that only one? You can't just put your wife on a plane by force to go to no man's land and tell her that you are coming after her.
My wife won American Visa lottery, 2013 edition. We couldn't raise money for both of us, I brought up a suggestion that she should go alone since she was the primary winner but she said no. We left it at that, it is wrong to put your wife up for what she's not ready for.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by BlankEet: 2:31pm On Jan 17, 2022
Just watch this video, it should clear any confusion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6avX8fk5aI&t=199s
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Charly68: 2:37pm On Jan 17, 2022
What is it that is pushing you to send the innocent woman into a white man's land for prey. Haven't you been hearing news of what is happening to those who sent their wives there ? A friend of mine went there with his entire family only to lose his wife to another man. Another one resigned from oil company to relocate abroad with his family because he had sent his wife and children there ahead .. as am writting here now the family is in shamble . His wife has turned to a white woman who wants to go naked to beaches and enjoy herself in Chinese restaurants .. I beg let your head get sense before you lose your jewels
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by na2016: 2:41pm On Jan 17, 2022
ednut1:
so as a supervisor you will endorse someone who has been an house wife for 10 years for phd admission Abeg

Just calm down, evenif it is 15 years, it doesn't matter. What matters is if the person has been able to follow up trend in the area he or she wants to work on. If the person is willing to learn fast and has some skillset needed already to process data. How will I know if he or she has these already, I will see it through her research proposal and interview. That level of education is not about read and pass exams, it is about creating knowledge based on what she has known already. Interestingly, a topic can remain hot for 10 years while different aspects of it are being explored. I hope I have been able to school you. Do you want to learn more?
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by FlappaNozzle: 2:51pm On Jan 17, 2022
Charly68:
What is it that is pushing you to send the innocent woman into a white man's land for prey. Haven't you been hearing news of what is happening to those who sent their wives there ? A friend of mine went there with his entire family only to lose his wife to another man. Another one resigned from oil company to relocate abroad with his family because he had sent his wife and children there ahead .. as am writting here now the family is in shamble . His wife has turned to a white woman who wants to go naked to beaches and enjoy herself in Chinese restaurants .. I beg let your head get sense before you lose your jewels
grin Charly this your story na wa o.

There is nothing wrong in what he is told the wife. I think he himself lack ideas. He is not creative enough to give her options and hence not convincing. There are many ways to relocate, I think she wants to relocate but doesn't want to be encumbered with PhD. This man think say PhD na walk in the park. Lol

Education also has to be purposeful, why is she doing a PhD? To what end? If he is so crazy about the idea of doing PhD abroad, he should go do it!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by smallvill(m): 2:54pm On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:

My Brother better just let sleeping dogs sleep, be careful what you wish for.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by ednut1(m): 3:01pm On Jan 17, 2022
na2016:

Just calm down, evenif it is 15 years, it doesn't matter. What matters is if the person has been able to follow up trend in the area he or she wants to work on. If the person is willing to learn fast and has some skillset needed already to process data. How will I know if he or she has these already, I will see it through her research proposal and interview. That level of education is not about read and pass exams, it is about creating knowledge based on what she has known already. Interestingly, a topic can remain hot for 10 years while different aspects of it are being explored. I hope I have been able to school you. Do you want to learn more?
you are talking bullocks. With the competition for phd admissions abroad this madam will have a hard time getting one. Stop playing exception game here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tijani Adigun Adeagbo: My Dad Is Missing / Is It Too Late To Start Looking For A Wife At 36 Years Old ? / What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.