Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Matter And Mind - Religion (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Matter And Mind (21597 Views)

Did The Mind Evolve From Chemistry, Matter And Energy? / Is Matter And Energy Eternal? / Who Frees You When Your Heart And Mind Is Full Of This??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 12:59pm On Jun 15, 2022
triplechoice:

The reception to that has discouraged me not to share anything further.. There are not my own knowledge. I have no exclusive right to them.

Just follow the lead I have given to research the others for yourself.

I can see now why you are discouraged, triple. You are pastoring to us expecting we'd believe you but your pastoring is hitting against the use of our minds.

These are not your own knowledge gathered with your own senses, but you'd like us to follow your lead anyway! Do we sound like mindless mumus to you or something, and don't you think you should rigorously check your knowledge before presenting it to us?

You got work to do dude, with your senses.

1 Like

Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 1:09pm On Jun 15, 2022
triplechoice:

Everything doesn't exist in the form of a million pound that you can count to prove it true. You shouldn't demand for nails from everyone because the only tool you have is an hammer.

There are things you need to demonstrate for your self to confirm them true.

Sometimes people make statements like,' I used to think it was so ,until I experienced it myself'
You have heard that several times.?
So seek your own experience and don't wait for others to prove it to you all the time. before you know if true or not

Demonstrate for myself as opposed to just accepting what triple says, you mean? Yes, I have heard it several times and I expect to hear it from you someday.

Have you not just described what buda and others have been doing all along with you who "used to think" how you think now but would think better when you use your senses to consider the responses you are getting?

But no. Triple expects us to follow the leads of triple as if we were all born tomorrow and have no experiences or knowledge or leads we have followed to where we are today.
Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 1:23pm On Jun 15, 2022
triplechoice:

That's why I already issued a disclaimer at the beginning. You keep forgetting that
These are my thoughts and those of others who know the same thing. Their are methods we have used to prove them true.

What are the "methods we have used to prove them true", triple.

I'd like to see how you went about it please so I can check if they are true with my own senses.
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 1:37pm On Jun 15, 2022
budaatum:

Demonstrate for myself as opposed to just accepting what triple says, you mean? Yes, I have heard it several times and I expect to hear it from you someday.

Have you not just described what buda and others have been doing all along with you who "used to think" how you think now but would think better when you use your senses to consider the responses you are getting?

But no. Triple expects us to follow the leads of triple as if we were all born tomorrow and have no experiences or knowledge or leads we have followed to where we are today.

What you choose to follow or not follow is your choice.
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 1:41pm On Jun 15, 2022
budaatum:

What are the "methods we have used to prove them true", triple.

I'd like to see how you went about it please so I can check if they are true with my own senses.

You already started questioning me on one of them. Like you forget.

Here is from a scientific perspective

https://kids.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/frym.2019.00140

Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 1:42pm On Jun 15, 2022
triplechoice:

What you choose to follow or not follow is your choice.

Of course it is my choice not to follow triple who is just following what he was told and believes without bothering to check it's veracity.

I am Eve, triple, not Adam!

Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 1:46pm On Jun 15, 2022
triplechoice:

You already started questioning me on one of them. Like you forget.

Here is from a scientific perspective

https://kids.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/frym.2019.00140

No I never! Or you at least never responded when I asked you what you'd say if your daughter dreamt she was a man, but I will question you now?

When she was 8, my daughter told me about one of her dreams. She was in a spaceship with some animals. Although she knew she was in a spaceship in her dream, when telling me about the dream, she realized the spaceship was actually a washing machine. At times, she and the animals would be out in space, but they also came back to earth. She told me the dream with a laugh and then moved on with her day, ignoring the crazy animals and spaceships that entertained her in her sleep.

Do you believe the authors daughter and the animals were in a spaceship that she realised was a washing machine, triple?
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 1:46pm On Jun 15, 2022
budaatum:

Of course it is my choice not to follow triple who is just following what he was told and believes without bothering to check it's veracity.

I am Eve, triple, not Adam!

Another judgemental rant from you that believes I am just following what I read or was told.
What do you know about me? Omniscient buda?

If you don't want to eat the forbidden fruit to open your eyes, can't force you. You know it all
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 1:49pm On Jun 15, 2022
budaatum:

No I never! Or you at least never responded when I asked you what you'd say if your daughter dreamt she was a man, but I will question you now?

Do you believe the authors daughter and the animals were in a spaceship that she realised was a washing machine, triple?

I said it's from a scientific perspective, not my conclusion.

You can study your dreams yourself to confirm.

Or don't you dream?
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 1:52pm On Jun 15, 2022
budaatum:

Oh my God
Dreams sceneries and imageries are not to taken for real. They represent something.

That you should decode yourself

And if not that your attention is fully focused on judging ,you can't fail to miss that the dream serve to inspire the daughter to write a story from it

None accepted that the dream was a real event except you
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 1:55pm On Jun 15, 2022
Being genuinely interested in another person's points of view and seeking to fully understand their perspective lessens the level of judgement and creates greater relationship harmony. Copied.
Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 2:14pm On Jun 15, 2022
triplechoice:

Oh my God
Dreams sceneries and imageries are not to taken for real. They represent something.

That you should decode yourself

And if not that your attention is fully focused on judging ,you can't fail to miss that the dream serve to inspire the daughter to write a story from it

None accepted that the dream was a real event except you
One has to check with you, I mean, if a daughter can tell you she's a man, why not this too?

Not all dreams represent something, triple, or we at least never know what they might represent. Sometimes dreams are just dreams.

And do know you are talking to a person who has had solutions to maths and engineering and chess problems appear in dreams and lots of other stuff too.
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 2:18pm On Jun 15, 2022
budaatum:

I can see now why you are discouraged, triple. You are pastoring to us expecting we'd believe you but your pastoring is hitting against the use of our minds.

These are not your own knowledge gathered with your own senses, but you'd like us to follow your lead anyway! Do we sound like mindless mumus to you or something, and don't you think you should rigorously check your knowledge before presenting it to us?

You got work to do dude, with your senses.

Not my knowledge alone I actually wanted to say. I already had the knowledge from my own personally experience ,before reading about some of them years later elsewhere to see that I was not just deluding myself.

Other people also arrived at the same thing almost the same way I did.
And even now, what I know long ago to be true is what scientists are starting to investigate since the evidences is becoming overwhelming for them not to ignore. Some people are born with certain skills and abilities which they never learnt from anyone. If you don't know this, then you're ignorant

So , buda, stop looking for faults
Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 2:19pm On Jun 15, 2022
triplechoice:
Being genuinely interested in another person's points of view and seeking to fully understand their perspective lessens the level of judgement and creates greater relationship harmony. Copied.

Don't you think this applies to your very self?

Where have you shown any interest in anyone's views or sought to understand anyone's perspective? Is it not true that you are hell bent on promoting your own perspective which you've admitted is not really your own perspective and which you never checked before adopting?

You will grow, Triple.
Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 2:31pm On Jun 15, 2022
triplechoice:

Not my knowledge alone I actually wanted to say. I already had the knowledge from my own personally experience ,before reading about some of them elsewhere to see that I was not just deluding myself.

And even now, what I know long ago to be true is what scientists are starting to investigate since the evidences is becoming for them not to ignore.

Have you heard of confirmation bias? Its like glasses one wears that distorts what one is looking at and might have influenced you "before reading". I mean, see how many times you've misinterpreted what I've written.

There are far too many faults in your perspective, triple, that they jump out at one without one looking, but of course you would not accept that perhaps because your own "the knowledge from my own personally experience" is the only knowledge and experience that can possibly be had and anyone else's "knowledge from my own personally experience" is not worth your time or consideration especially if it contradicts your own "knowledge from my own personally experience".
Re: Matter And Mind by KnownUnknown: 2:35pm On Jun 15, 2022
triplechoice:

Not my knowledge alone I actually wanted to say. I already had the knowledge from my own personally experience ,before reading about some of them years later elsewhere to see that I was not just deluding myself.

And even now, what I know long ago to be true is what scientists are starting to investigate since the evidences is becoming overwhelming for them not to ignore. Some people are born with certain skills and abilities which they never learnt from anyone. If you don't know this, then you're ignorant

You managed to say absolutely nothing.

I also love how people like you always cite “scientists” while also eschewing science. This is because most of your opinions are handed down by some “authority” or the other so you think everyone depends on authority to arrive at knowledge.
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 2:39pm On Jun 15, 2022
budaatum:

Don't you think this applies to your very self?

Where have you shown any interest in anyone's views or sought to understand anyone's perspective? Is it not true that you are hell bent on promoting your own perspective which you've admitted is not really your own perspective and which you never checked before adopting?

You will grow, Triple.

You're have been finding faults, judging and condescending, without showing any genuine interest in anything I have discussed.

If you are genuinely interested and not just to condemn, you should by now by telling everyone contrary facts that nullifies my position.

For instance, if someday describe life in Lagos, and you know it is not completely true, what you do then, is to tell the person the actual "story " of life in Lagos, since you know it better than the person.
But when you fail to do that, what do you expect people to think of you?

It means you don't know about much about life in Lagos but you are just chronic sceptic, who doubts everything to extent of doubting himself if he is awake or asleep

Please concentrate on the religious people you like to troll as blind believers on this board.

You refute yourself each time when you say I just believe things without confirming them to be true.

You are also believing ,without evidence or much knowledge about me that I believe without ,confirming anything. That's how you refute yourself.

You don't much about me; what I have done, the experience I have had and anything other thing.about me.
It's about time you abandoned this your god complex as it is not helping you at all.
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 2:44pm On Jun 15, 2022
KnownUnknown:

You managed to say absolutely nothing.

I also love how people like you always cite “scientists” while also eschewing science. This is because most of your opinions are handed down by some “authority” or the other so you think everyone depends on authority to arrive at knowledge.

I did that to prove it also something scientists are aware of ,and not spiritual as you once concluded concerning OBE. I don't really care how scientist approach it for now

I don't follow the methods shared in that article as I don't find them effective enough compared to what I know. But if they were better than what I use ,I would follow those ones and abandon mine

If I had proceeded just like that I suspect you would accuse me like buda of coning up with crap in my head.
And wait, does it really matter what any authority says if one can prove it works?

Why don't you learn you how to work with your dreams to confirm if true, instead of thinking it is just what is believed

And concerning eschewing science, you have concluded wrongly. I don't avoid science but insist it has limitations which most blind followers of the sciences are not aware.

For those ones, they are not different from religious fanatics who believe everything as true, without questioning .
Re: Matter And Mind by HellVictorinho4(m): 3:20pm On Jun 15, 2022
triplechoice:

You're have been finding faults, judging and condescending, without showing any genuine interest in anything I have discussed.

If you are genuinely interested and not just to condemn, you should by now by telling everyone contrary facts that nullifies my position.

For instance, if someday describe life in Lagos, and you know it is not completely true, what you do then, is to tell the person the actual "story " of life in Lagos, since you know it better than the person.
But when you fail to do that, what do you expect people to think of you?

It means you don't know about much about life in Lagos but you are just chronic sceptic, who doubts everything to extent of doubting himself if he is awake or asleep

Please concentrate on the religious people you like to troll as blind believers on this board.

You refute yourself each time when you say I just believe things without confirming them to be true.

You are also believing ,without evidence or much knowledge about me that I believe without ,confirming anything. That's how you refute yourself.

You don't much about me; what I have done, the experience I have had and anything other thing.about me.
It's about time you abandoned this your god complex as it is not helping you at all.

See the werey that claimed to know me after the same buda told him nothing useful about me

Now complaining of being misconsidered

I know your fellow bastards will celebrate you with your disgusting hypocrisy
Re: Matter And Mind by KnownUnknown: 3:32pm On Jun 15, 2022
triplechoice:

I did that to prove it also something scientists are aware of ,and not spiritual as you once concluded concerning OBE. I don't really care how scientist approach it for now

I don't follow the methods shared in that article as I don't find them effective enough compared to what I know. But if they were better than what I use ,I would follow those ones and abandon mine

If I had proceeded just like that I suspect you would accuse me like buda of coning up with crap in my head.
And wait, does it really matter what any authority says if one can prove it works?

Why don't you learn you how to work with your dreams to confirm if true, instead of thinking it is just what is believed

And concerning eschewing science, you have concluded wrongly. I don't avoid science but insist it has limitations which most blind followers of the sciences are not aware.

For those ones, they are not different from religious fanatics who believe everything as true, without questioning .

So your schtick is based on brain states to wit dreams and hallucinations that are wholly dependent on cultural norms or religious beliefs of the person have the “OBE”. Even though your position is dependent on the brain, you then introduce all kinds of unverifiable claims to suggest otherwise while appealing to some vague “scientists” and simultaneously claiming “I don’t care how scientists approach it for now”. Hackneyed.
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 3:33pm On Jun 15, 2022
budaatum:

Have you heard of confirmation bias? Its like glasses one wears that distorts what one is looking at and might have influenced you "before reading". I mean, see how many times you've misinterpreted what I've written.

There are far too many faults in your perspective, triple, that they jump out at one without one looking, but of course you would not accept that perhaps because your own "the knowledge from my own personally experience" is the only knowledge and experience that can possibly be had and anyone else's "knowledge from my own personally experience" is not worth your time or consideration especially if it contradicts your own "knowledge from my own personally experience".

Another judgmental template, confirmation bias, which has stopped you from thinking.

Not every personal experience can teach you something, some can misled you, but some can, especially when you how ti validate your experiences. It is those who don't know that are victims of confirmation bias.

I thought you were smart, but you continue to disappoint me and I think others following

You don't know the sort of experiences I have had in life and the methods I have used to confirm what to accept and reject.

I have had experiences which I have discarded since I know how to confirm what is true or not.

If you don't how to determine if the experiences you have had can be relied on or abandoned, then confirmation bias may misled you into accepting the wrong thing.

So ,buda stop using judgemental templates you don't fully understand as you will exposed your ignorance.
Please go and educate yourself. You ignorance is stinking

It is better to ignore you as you're trying to come through the back door to start your nonsense again.
Your mind is working in the groove of mindless criticism. You can't stop yourself
Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 3:45pm On Jun 15, 2022
triplechoice:

I thought you were smart, but you continue to disappoint me and I think others following

Please stop with your sort of thinking and use your senses to properly engage with what has been presented before you. Even you must see how wrong what you thought is.
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 3:46pm On Jun 15, 2022
KnownUnknown:

So your schtick is based on brain states to wit dreams and hallucinations that are wholly dependent on cultural norms or religious beliefs of the person have the “OBE”. Even though your position is dependent on the brain, you then introduce all kinds of unverifiable claims to suggest otherwise while appealing to some vague “scientists” and simultaneously claiming “I don’t care how scientists approach it for now”. Hackneyed.

Whatever you like to say. I never said dreams dont need brains.

How do you remember your dreams if your brains are not involved.

I would like to learn from you your own perspective on dreams and how you have been working with the dreams you have every night

What are dreams?

Why do we dream?

Why do some people have dreams of precognition.

Do dreams have any relevance in our lives?

Is it possible to interpret one's dream to understand them?
Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 3:49pm On Jun 15, 2022
KnownUnknown:

He obviously doesn't care that we would use our senses to engage with what he presents and wants us to believe him like he believes those who told him what he's expressing.

Now, if he understood that we are subjects with our own subjective minds perhaps he'd refrain from presenting his own subjective understandings and expressions as if they were objective as in not subjective to himself.

1 Like

Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2022
budaatum:

He obviously doesn't care that we would use our senses to engage with what he presents and wants us to believe him like he believes those who told him what he's expressing.

Now, if he understood that we are subjects with our own subjective minds perhaps he'd refrain from presenting his own subjective understandings and expressions as if they were objective as in not subjective to himself.

I hope you learn from the person you have quoted. He has is own perspective, on the issued been discussed and he just shared it with me.

You don't have anything to present, hence you think I want you to just believe me

Use your head so you don't fall for anything
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 4:06pm On Jun 15, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

See the werey that claimed to know me after the same buda told him nothing useful about me

Now complaining of being misconsidered

I know your fellow bastards will celebrate you with your disgusting hypocrisy

You were asked to provide information about yourself to confirm your claims since you were begging. But you refused.

I am not begging anyone for anything here, so don't compare yourself with me.

People should just throw money at you because you're entitled to it.

Go and work and feed yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2022
KnownUnknown:

So your schtick is based on brain states to wit dreams and hallucinations that are wholly dependent on cultural norms or religious beliefs of the person have the “OBE”. Even though your position is dependent on the brain, you then introduce all kinds of unverifiable claims to suggest otherwise while appealing to some vague “scientists” and simultaneously claiming “I don’t care how scientists approach it for now”. Hackneyed..

I was referring to some of the methods used, as I don't find it good enough to other methods I know.

Is not what you think, my reaction there
Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 4:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
triplechoice:

I hope you learn from the person you have quoted. He has is own perspective, on the issued been discussed and he just shared it with me.

You don't have anything to present, hence you think I want you to just believe me

Use your head so you don't fall for anything

You do want to be believed triple, and you are frustrated when we don't believe you, and you've obviously failed to see what I have presented, which is precisely what believers do, cover their eyes so they see not.

Sense use is required, but you think your senses are not up to the task so you don't seem to bother using them and you think we'd be lazy like you and not use our senses, until now that you've tested and found out otherwise, yet you fail to accept what you've witnessed with your own senses, which is that we are not taking your subjective expressions for this because we have our own subjective experience and they seem to be very different to your's.

It's why I love threads like these. You will forever be reminded of how you reacted to reactions to your subjective expressions and hopefully learn from it.

Re: Matter And Mind by HellVictorinho4(m): 4:40pm On Jun 15, 2022
triplechoice:

You were asked to provide information about yourself to confirm your claims since you were begging. But you refused.

I am not begging anyone for anything here, so don't compare yourself with me.

People should just throw money at you because you're entitled to it.

Go and work and feed yourself

Your mother , just another bastard,asked for information from budaatum but she refused to confirm your claim that I was begging you to change your mind

I am begging you to be more stupid than a deranged bitch instead of confused ostrich.

People should work and throw money on your mother's grave because budaatum feels your mother deserves it

Go and work and feed your mother wherever she is
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 4:46pm On Jun 15, 2022
budaatum:

You do want to be believed triple, and you are frustrated when we don't believe you, and you've obviously failed to see what I have presented, which is precisely what believers do, cover their eyes so they see not.

Sense use is required, but you think your senses are not up to the task so you don't seem to bother using them and you think we'd be lazy like you and not use our senses, until now that you've tested and found out otherwise, yet you fail to accept what you've witnessed with your own senses, which is that we are not taking your subjective expressions for this because we have our own subjective experience and they seem to be very different to your's.

It's why I love threads like these. You will forever be reminded of how you reacted to reactions to your subjective expressions and hopefully learn from it.

Speak for yourself buda. Nairaland has millions of people following comments.
They see all I have written and have ignored it for their own personal reasons.

But for you, it seems cognitive dissonance is affecting you , hence your strong reactions.

Something is certainly wrong, if not why can't you ignore.

I even issued a disclaimer at the beginning, or you don't know what a disclaimer is?

Let me help you.Banks in this country normally place disclaimers in the parking space provided for their customers to let you know that your decision to use it is yours alone

Now ,you saw this disclaimer and parked. Later when you return, and find your car stolen you want to blame the bank for providing parking space and threaten to sue them .You will never win that case.

You decided to respond to my thoughts which I dont want to force on anyone .I have not threatened you with hell fire or anything to accept my opinions.

It is your karma how you feel right now. It is not my fault. Go seek professional help if my thoughts has caused some mental abberations for you.
Sorry sir. Please take care of yourself.
I won't respond to you again so it doesn't become worst for you.
Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 4:47pm On Jun 15, 2022
triplechoice:

And if we had not wanted to use our senses, we would not have bothered to ask him to provide information about himself to confirm his claims, and you know how much that would have cost us because he would obviously still be here begging and feeling entitled.

Need I further point out the importance of own sense use, triple, instead of gullibly believing whatever one is told or claims to have experienced?

Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 4:54pm On Jun 15, 2022
triplechoice:

Speak for yourself buda. Nairaland has millions of people following comments.
They see all I have written and have ignored it for their own personal reasons.

Triple, please, you called me here when you mentioned me, and I saw some level of brain use and engaged.

If you had written nonsense as you think I think, I very gladly would have ignored you like I ignore thousands of posts on here. But what you wrote is not nonsense, just that you have not exactly thought it through with the rigour such topics require and you would not listen to views that oppose your own but want us to park our minds aside and not use it to engage and critique what you've expressed.

That won't stop us expressing it however, as you can clearly see. You can run but you can't hide your mind from engaging, and you'd see what I mean when I appear to your mind in your dreams.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (39) (Reply)

Anglican Church Members Protest Against Their Bishop In Delta For Looting (Pics) / Four Powerful Reasons You Must Run From Premarital Sex On Valentine's Day / Satanic Suggestions While Serving God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.