Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Nigeria Exports 17.9 Million MT Of LNG In 2021, Tops Africa’s Chart - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Exports 17.9 Million MT Of LNG In 2021, Tops Africa’s Chart (5695 Views)

NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months / Government Expecting One Million MT Steel From $1.5 Billion Steel Plant / Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Exports 17.9 Million MT Of LNG In 2021, Tops Africa’s Chart by Trupz: 1:41am On Jan 18, 2022
Tpharell:

All this rigmarole of rants is because you were proved wrong on your pontifications about the local LNG market in Nigeria.

Interesting convo all along. Thanks for the education. I admit learning from this thread today. I had always thought there were no domestic LNG markets and somehow wasn't convinced about Greenville's operations (presuming it was LPG they actually transport) till I went through their website.
It's a shame the fellow that was so bashful and condescending of another on the topic would not drop his haughtiness and add this to his knowledge.

Goes to show that developmental progresses are actually being made in the country although they may not be on such scales as we wish and many of us are not aware of these developments.

Kudos for your persistence in getting this knowledge across
Re: Nigeria Exports 17.9 Million MT Of LNG In 2021, Tops Africa’s Chart by Trupz: 2:06am On Jan 18, 2022
aribisala0:
How is this relevant
What is your point?
We should be aiming for ZERO and using everything inside Nigeria instead and if possible buying from Qatar.
I do not see what your point is really

Apparently you're an absolutist with flagrant disregard of other people's reasonable opinions and rationality in general.
Now, Nigeria may have have a great population and potential great energy needs. However, Nigeria with its existing infrastructure and level of industrialization may not consume all of the energy produced. Nigeria actually needs to sell its excess energy to raise capital for infrastructural developments including in the industrial/manufacturing sectors. One may say that we should be looking at developing the economy with the abundance of energy resources which we have and that would be a reasonable point but not to say we should use everything and even import from Qatar. To what end please.
Many developing and developed economies like Russia, Australia, Norway, Qatar are still gas exporters and some of these countries are even net energy exporters.
Be calming down brother. No one knows it all and one can correct or educate another without being dismissive and conceited.
Re: Nigeria Exports 17.9 Million MT Of LNG In 2021, Tops Africa’s Chart by aribisala0(m): 2:15am On Jan 18, 2022
Trupz:

Apparently you're an absolutist with flagrant disregard of other people's reasonable opinions and rationality in general.
Now, Nigeria may have have a great population and potential great energy needs. However, Nigeria with its existing infrastructure and level of industrialization may not consume all of the energy produced. Nigeria actually needs to sell its excess energy to raise capital for infrastructural developments including in the industrial/manufacturing sectors. One may say that we should be looking at developing the economy with the abundance of energy resources which we have and that would be a reasonable point but not to say we should use everything and even import from Qatar. To what end please.
Many developing and developed economies like Russia, Australia, Norway, Qatar are still gas exporters and some of these countries are even net energy exporters.
Be calming down brother. No one knows it all and one can correct or educate another without being dismissive and conceited.
Ok. Bye
Re: Nigeria Exports 17.9 Million MT Of LNG In 2021, Tops Africa’s Chart by stepaside2: 5:11am On Jan 18, 2022
I enjoyed the discussions though could have been more cordial. We learn everyday. Greenville does LNG but at a very small scale. There was also a plan by Lagos State govt to build an LNG regassification plant along the Lekki corridor but I dont know the status of that. As noted earlier, gas pipeline transportation is cheaper than LNG for certain transport distances and this flips for longer distances, reason why LNG is more lucrative when shipped in large quantities to far off lands.

On the issue of domestic consumption of gas, the elephant in the room is on how much we are willing to pay for it. Reason for export is purely the economics. Gas that we export is sold at almost 4-5 times the price it is sold locally and even at that, the local buyers don't pay promptly. Look at all the monies owed to GENCOs for instance. Gas production value chain business is very capital intensive and those that go into it expect a decent return which they don't get when they supply the local market. The govt tries to impose a certain obligation on companies to supply the local market but this has not worked out as planned. It is in the light of this that recent decision by NLNG to sell 100% of its LPG to the domestic market should be commended. It is a good starting point. Income from LNG still far outweighs that from LPG so I can see how giving up a fraction of revenue to fully serve the local market is a wise political decision and in the long run a wise business decision.

These are the type of conversations we should be having to sort out our problems in Nigeria. Nothing is as easy as it seems when you first look. If in doubt, you can ask Fashola concerning the power problem.
Re: Nigeria Exports 17.9 Million MT Of LNG In 2021, Tops Africa’s Chart by enirock(m): 2:40pm On Jan 18, 2022
adamsmith914:
What commodity does your state export for foreign exchange?

Or na crude oil & gas also like your Federal Government?
You go gats ask my state government be that. Then we were known for oil (red oil) and its derivatives but now, I can't categorically say we export nada.
Re: Nigeria Exports 17.9 Million MT Of LNG In 2021, Tops Africa’s Chart by MrGattuso(m): 9:05pm On Jan 18, 2022
tammyf:
You guys should get this straight .I'm in bonny island and work there.... [/b]LNG is the liquid state of our cooking gas which ofcourse we don't make use of [b]. When they get to abroad they now convert it to gaseous state and sell to countries round the world including us ....we re buy it in gaseous state ....

Why can't they convert it to the gaseous state here? The ans is simple ...they carry iver 500% more quantity in a liquid state than in a gaseous state .savvy?
Your analysis is so wrong and misleading. LNG is not the liquid state of cooking gas, it's a different gas altogether. LNG is methane, while cooking gas is a mixture of propane and butane. The gas you fill in your cooking cylinder is not LNG.
Re: Nigeria Exports 17.9 Million MT Of LNG In 2021, Tops Africa’s Chart by MrGattuso(m): 9:11pm On Jan 18, 2022
aribisala0:

Sir before I start let me say I am not insulting anyone.

I think you are making a mistake

There is NO NEED for LNG in Nigeria

It is simply NOT NECESSARY
I am willing to learn so if there is a power plant that runs on LNG that you know please share the information
suspect that what Greenville is marketing as LNG is actually LPG
To the best of my knowledge there is no REGASIFICATION PLANT in Nigeria
Again if you know of any please share the information

Hey, be humble. Assumption is the lowest form of knowledge. Be open to learning always.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Exports 17.9 Million MT Of LNG In 2021, Tops Africa’s Chart by aribisala0(m): 9:24pm On Jan 18, 2022
MrGattuso:

Hey, be humble. Assumption is the lowest form of knowledge. Be open to learning always.
Shut up
Re: Nigeria Exports 17.9 Million MT Of LNG In 2021, Tops Africa’s Chart by MrGattuso(m): 9:51pm On Jan 18, 2022
aribisala0:
Shut up
You'll never learn. You really are a special bundle of ignorance and arrogance.

Oh! My mistake.... There's nothing special about you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World Richest President (photos) / An Igbo man & two Hausa Men Dead In Owerri / Live Results : Osun Governorship Election 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.