Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,061 members, 7,807,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? (15903 Views)

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? / Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion / Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by Image123(m): 4:27pm On Jan 19, 2022
cornelboy:
You comment is always out-of-no-where kind of comment. sad

How can someone reply himself and pat himself on the back like a madman like this? What sort of insecure people are these?

2 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by haybeegold(m): 4:31pm On Jan 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. I am afraid you have got you the wrong person to kick at.... I don't hold on to any of the man-made ideas, doctrines or tradition as far as Jesus Christ is concerned. Instead, I believe in the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, as presented in scripture. undecided

2. The Catholic church has also more than 1500 years behind its belt of time spent supposedly studying the Bible to "find" the Truth of God, and there doctrines have also changed over that time. I sure thing is that all in that time, they have proceeded further and further away away God's Truth getting no where closer to it even after almost 1500 proving that what Jesus Christ said of those who worship the doctrines and traditions of men, lies, in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 undecided

They very same pattern is observed among the other churches , the JW church not excluded. They all drift further and further away from the Truth of God even as they claim they study to discover God's Truth in their numbers. undecided

God's Truth is not unraveled by those who are already blinded by lied and deceit. Those lies, as Jesus Christ warned, instead nullify the very Word of God, God's Truth, and push those submitted to it further and further away from the Truth so they are ever changing and updating the lies without ever arriving at the Truth of God.

LIE + LIE can never equal TRUTH

3. Your reasoning there is akin to that of the man who thinks that even though he frequents the red light zone regularly, he is better than the prostitutes he beds. undecided

Jesus Christ said more than not to participate in politics of this world, but I see you convince and even part yourself on the back believing that because you don't engage in politics, you are somehow less cursed than those who do. I am afraid you are deceived. undecided

Can you pls list some of those "LIES" being spread about by JW?

2 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by achorladey: 4:42pm On Jan 19, 2022
cornelboy:

No JWs is forced to believe bro. But they given reasons from the Bible for them to believe. We all have our choices to make.

Masturbation and cybercrimes are sins against God but yet you can't explicitly quote any verse that prohibited them. But how do we know they are sin? Is it not via reasoning based on other commandments? Does identifying masturbation and cybercrimes as sins makes it man-made traditions and doctrines?

There's no how i would have quoted the bible prohibiting blood transfusion word for word, it wasnt even invented yet when God gave the law. But base on other commandments on blood which say we should abstain from blood of any creatures in any form either by eating or drinking, transfusing another person's blood into us would violate the law even if it's bout your health.
You may have different opinion but it's doesn't really change anything

Maybe you should read it again.
JWs chose to obey God by completely by abstaining from blood either drinking, eating or transfusing it. It's not by force, it's bout personal choice.
It's easy to digest na.

Jehovah witnesses don't partake in any of blood transfusion where in fractions or whole.

The question for you is; according to God's law on blood, which is right between allowing blood transfusion or abstaining from it?

Some things we see as normal is actually abominable before God

Deuteronomy 22:5,9-11
[5]“A woman must not put on men’s clothing, and a man must not wear women’s clothing. Anyone who does this is detestable in the sight of the lord your God.
[9]“You must not plant any other crop between the rows of your vineyard. If you do, you are forbidden to use either the grapes from the vineyard or the other crop.
[10]“You must not plow with an ox and a donkey harnessed together.
[11]“You must not wear clothing made of wool and linen woven together.

No JWs is forced to believe bro. But they given reasons from the Bible for them to believe. We all have our choices to make.

What is the penalty for you choosing to accept blood transfusion as based on the religious policy of the organization you belong? Which scriptures in the Bible support it? What is the essence of the policy since blood transfusion is a conscience and personal matter? I only want to know the degree of force in play here. Why did such policies state willful acceptance without remorse is as good as the person had disassociated himself?

Masturbation and cybercrimes are sins against God but yet you can't explicitly quote any verse that prohibited them. But how do we know they are sin? Is it not via reasoning based on other commandments? Does identifying masturbation and cybercrimes as sins makes it man-made traditions and doctrines?

Where in the scripture did you see it stated it is sin against God? You can only draw conclusions from other laws just like you are doing for blood transfusion. Since it is not EXPLICIT don't go about saying it is God's laws or sin against God. The reason you need to runaway from LEGALISM.

One part of your mouth says it is God's law and it is a sin, the other part of your mouth is saying it is not God's law and sin. Where you stand paapaa?

There's no how i would have quoted the bible prohibiting blood transfusion word for word, it wasnt even invented yet when God gave the law. But base on other commandments on blood which say we should abstain from blood of any creatures in any form either by eating or drinking, transfusing another person's blood into us would violate the law even if it's bout your health. You may have different opinion but it's doesn't really change anything[/b]

That is why we have EISEGESIS and EXEGESIS of the scripture. You cannot be interpreting your thought into the scripture. When the account of Acts were written, do they have the sense of blood transfusion? When you wake up those who wrote that account and ask them, do they mean things related to blood transfusion? What will be their response?

One part of your mouth says it is God's law, the other part of your mouth is saying it is not God's law. Where you stand paapaa?

Maybe you should read it again.
JWs chose to obey God by completely by abstaining from blood either drinking, eating or transfusing it. It's not by force, it's bout personal choice. It's easy to digest na.

The policies regarding blood say you don't abstain completely from blood. The reason you see allowance for component abi na fractions e.t.c. That it is a personal choice does not remove that fact the organization don't abstain from it.

Jehovah witnesses don't partake in any of blood transfusion where in fractions or whole.

Consult your religious leaders and elders abi na HLC should you need more information. The reason I asked a question earlier you didn't respond.

The question for you is; according to God's law on blood, which is right between allowing blood transfusion or abstaining from it?

The law on blood given has nothing to do with blood transfusion.

Some things we see as normal is actually abominable before God

LEGALISM. You seem not to understand what it means.
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by achorladey: 4:53pm On Jan 19, 2022
cornelboy:

I already told you it's your personal choice but for me i wouldn't do it cos of God's law and views against blood.

They don't do it bro. Well some might. It's personal choice after all.

I said KJ versions not every bible translations.
KJV are wrongly believed by Christians as the best translation whereas it isn't.
Aside ASV there are other translations too that use God's proper name. God is just a title. But they use It more than themselves.

I already told you it's your personal choice but for me i wouldn't do it cos of God's law and views against blood.

Good for you. It is your express will.

They don't do it bro. Well some might. It's personal choice after all.

You are not even sure of what the policies really are.

What is the common denominator here

Blood Transfusions

Blood fractions transfusions

Blood components transfusion

Personal blood transfusion during live operation

I said KJ versions not every bible translations. KJV are wrongly believed by Christians as the best translation whereas it isn't. Aside ASV there are other translations too that use God's proper name. God is just a title. But they use It more than themselves.

These other ones that you stated used the name JEHOVAH are they Jehovah’s witnesses or DEVIANTS?

The person who coined the name JEHOVAH, na Jehovah’s witnesses or DEVIANT?

KJ versions not every bible translations. KJV are wrongly believed by Christians as the best translation whereas it isn't.

That KJV contributed to what you have come to accept as Bible anyway. KJV does not need to add JEHOVAH to the Bible to be the best translation paapaa.
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
cornelboy:

Your name was nobody before right? And your a lady? Your signature Maximum's side is familiar!
That's what happens when an account on this forum is deleted, it will read "nobody" but if you want to know the former name just check others who have quoted that moniker before it was deleted you will get the original name.
I'm male and my former moniker was "Maximus69" i deleted that account and the email due to many people mailing me for financial assistance.
Now i only give my new gmail to trusted ones e.g JWs! smiley

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by achorladey: 4:55pm On Jan 19, 2022
Image123:

How can someone reply himself and pat himself on the back like a madman like this? What sort of insecure people are these?

You see ehn when they type and post these things. It does not register in their memory and sense that way at all.
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by Kobojunkie: 4:55pm On Jan 19, 2022
haybeegold:
Can you pls list some of those "LIES" being spread about by JW?
Jesus Christ assured us that nothing will disappear from God's Law until heaven and earth are gone. God's Law will not lose even the smallest letter or the smallest part of a letter until it has all been done - Matthew 5 vs 17 - 18 undecided

Since the JW church doctrines and traditions change every so often, what this means is that it cannot be said that they teach the Truth of God this since God's Truth never changes. And if the doctrines and traditions are not God's Truth- this since they change- they are instead lies. And no matter how many permutations a lie is put through, it remains and produces a lie every single time. undecided

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by achorladey: 5:02pm On Jan 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

They don't know that the Kingdom of God is for just a limited number of people {Luke 12:32} they're thinking each person can just relate with God and get into the kingdom without first holding to the skirt of the little flock of 144,000! Zechariah 8:23

I don't argue with them once i notice that they are arrogant i will just excuse myself and face another person who truly wants to learn! smiley

To make the point he had to attach ARROGANCE cheesy cheesy. You want those that will keep saying yes sir to your position with no questions asked angry grin
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:16pm On Jan 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ assured us that nothing will disappear from God's Law until heaven and earth are gone. God's Law will not lose even the smallest letter or the smallest part of a letter until it has all been done - Matthew 5 vs 17 - 18 undecided

Since the JW church doctrines and traditions change every so often, what this means is that it cannot be said that they teach the Truth of God this since God's Truth never changes. And if the doctrines and traditions are not God's Truth- this since they change- they are instead lies. And no matter how many permutations a lie is put through, it remains and produces a lie every single time. undecided

Well Jesus returned in spirit to this planet in the year 1914 and all the religions claiming Christian had gone off course {Luke 18:8} that's why Jesus chose a small group of people known back then as "International Bible Students Association" because they are the only group ready to make amendments out of thousands of sects claiming denominations in Christendom. Matthew 24:45
Jesus began using God's Holy Spirit to right their wrong, they began making amendments in their former beliefs until his father accepted this group and changed their group name to "JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" in 1931 {Isaiah 65:15}
Today that is the one and only group that have fulfilled the prophecy written in the Bible book of Isaiah 2:2-4 and repeated at Micah 4:1-3
Jesus said anyone who failed to accept this group will not be able to find any performing group better than this group, what you will continue saying is "there is no organized group of people practicing pure worship" so each of you will be scattered spiritually speaking as you're contradicting one another {Luke 11:23} while Jesus' group will have the same line of thought globally despite being an organization of imperfection humans everyone will know that there is LOVE, JOY and PEACE permeating their gathering! John 13:34-35

If i ask you now: are you a Christian?
You will say "YES"
But there is nothing like Christianity in the absence of a group of worshipers because Jesus only associate with a group of people not individuals! Matthew 18:20
What is the group name of the organization you join in worshiping your God?
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by cornelboy(f): 5:21pm On Jan 19, 2022
Your definitely the nobody guy in the post i did 2 years ago bout Trinity Maximus smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/6000401/trinity-taught-jesus-early-apostles
How have you been bro?
MaxInDHouse:

That's what happens when an account on this forum is deleted, it will read "nobody" but if you want to know the former name just check others who have quoted that moniker before it was deleted you will get the original name.
I'm male and my former moniker was "Maximus69" i deleted that account and the email due to many people mailing me for financial assistance.
Now i only give my new gmail to trusted ones e.g JWs! smiley
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:36pm On Jan 19, 2022
Janosky:

What are the long term effects of a blood transfusion?

Purpose of review: Clinical research has identified blood transfusion as an independent risk factor for immediate and long-term adverse outcomes, including an increased risk of death, myocardial infarction, stroke, renal failure, infection and malignancy.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › ...
The silent risks of blood transfusion - PubMed

That medication comes with it's adverse outcomes.
Oga,Did you tell him?

You already know that this is A CHANGE OF POST!

His ground of argument is not that you refuse blood transfusions because it is Unsafe!

So, no road!
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:38pm On Jan 19, 2022
Janosky:

Yes.
Very correct.

Oga, your claim is NOT true.
There is no biblical nor scientific evidence for your claim.
First, there are several alternatives for blood transfusions, according to medical experts.
In this clime, most of our medical professionals already practice these alternative procedures.
Second, medical science frowns at the use of alcohol for treatment of cuts & wounds as does more harm than good.
Screenshots evidences.

Again! OUT OF POINT!

The argument is not about the availability of alternatives to blood transfusion treatment.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by Image123(m): 5:38pm On Jan 19, 2022
achorladey:

You see ehn when they type and post these things. It does not register in their memory and sense that way at all.

cheesy cheesy It will not be a surprise that it is that majamaja talking to himself. And they are so used to lying they give format about not being Jwickedness but just learning to join them. jokers.
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by Image123(m): 5:47pm On Jan 19, 2022
cornelboy:
My aim is not to make people stop blood transfusion but rather convince people that condemn Jws for abstaining, that the Jws are fully obeying and honouring God's word than them.

Fully obeying your man made traditions are not same as obeying God. The children of Jonadab the son of Rechab obeyed their father's traditions even up to not building houses or having land. Note the difference.
God says nothing against blood transfusions which is life saving. You are not different from your pharisee fathers who will rather keep their traditions than have Jesus heal.
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:51pm On Jan 19, 2022
cornelboy:

Your definitely the nobody guy in the post i did 2 years ago bout Trinity Maximus smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/6000401/trinity-taught-jesus-early-apostles
How have you been bro?
Thanks to JEHOVAH we are enduring the final part of the days!
Do you know i was really touched the year 2020 when a seemingly unserious student of mine said:
"you taught me that JWs issued the order to start preaching from house to house since 1919 after the release of J.F. Rutherford and his team?"
I responded "Yes"
Then he asked again:
"and ever since then you people have been doing this your preaching till now?"
I responded again "Yes"
He said:
"and it's exactly the year 2019 that another order from the same Governing Body came that you should stop visiting people in their homes"
I responded again "Yes"

His next question is:
"Please tell me, is God's Kingdom about to start so that i can quickly join you people?
How come it's precisely a hundred years that the same Governing Body asked you to stop visiting people?"

I said "because of Covid19 nah!"
He said:
"you know i always attend to you anytime you come, please i'm feeling somehow with the whole thing as you people started preaching in 1919 and stopped in 2019 due to COVID-19!"

This is a person who often dodge stylishly when we go for his Bible study o!

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by achorladey: 6:03pm On Jan 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Well Jesus returned in spirit to this planet in the year 1914 and all the religions claiming Christian had gone off course {Luke 18:8} that's why Jesus chose a small group of people known back then as "International Bible Students Association" because they are the only group ready to make amendments out of thousands of sects claiming denominations in Christendom. Matthew 24:45
Jesus began using God's Holy Spirit to right their wrong, they began making amendments in their former beliefs until his father accepted this group and changed their group name to "JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" in 1931 {Isaiah 65:15}
Today that is the one and only group that have fulfilled the prophecy written in the Bible book of Isaiah 2:2-4 and repeated at Micah 4:1-3
Jesus said anyone who failed to accept this group will not be able to find any performing group better than this group, what you will continue saying is "there is no organized group of people practicing pure worship" so each of you will be scattered spiritually speaking as you're contradicting one another {Luke 11:23} while Jesus' group will have the same line of thought globally despite being an organization of imperfection humans everyone will know that there is LOVE, JOY and PEACE permeating their gathering! John 13:34-35

If i ask you now: are you a Christian?
You will say "YES"
But there is nothing like Christianity in the absence of a group of worshipers because Jesus only associate with a group of people not individuals! Matthew 18:20
What is the group name of the organization you join in worshiping your God?

Na una way and mode of operation....

Well Jesus returned in spirit to this planet in the year 1914 and all the religions claiming Christian had gone off course

Matthew 28: 19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

Where was Jesus in spirit before 1914? grin grin
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:10pm On Jan 19, 2022
achorladey:

Na una way and mode of operation....
Matthew 28: 19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”
Where was Jesus in spirit before 1914? grin grin

Where did he say he will be when he uttered the below statement:

"However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8b smiley
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
Janosky:

Just tell this forum that you have deleted Acts 15:28-29 from your Bible

You are only restating The Law prohibiting the eating of "bloodied meat" and not explaining how the eating of bloodied meat is the same as blood transfusions.

So no road!

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:55pm On Jan 19, 2022
cornelboy:
...Bro read the first post again and see the illustration. If God sternly prohibited the drinking or eating of blood in any form, don't you think it's logical to abstain from blood transfusion?

That is why I have clearly and directly asked you, is eating and drinking meat with blood and drinking blood sacrifices or sacrifices of blood can be construed as transfusion?

cornelboy:

The reason I made the post is to show people that JWs practice of abstaining from blood transfusion is not evil

We think it evil because a Life which could have been saved died unreasonably, exactly as a person killed by a driver who was drinking alcohol and driving.

It is an Unreasonable and an Avoidable death.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by achorladey: 7:58pm On Jan 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Where did he say he will be when he uttered the below statement:

"However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8b smiley

Your answer is inside the Bible verse you cited........... When the Son of Man comes grin grin grin comes to where the account continues....... will he find faith on earth grin grin grin grin

You see your answer grin grin grin

Now answer mine cheesy

And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

Where was Jesus in spirit before 1914?

And has that Jesus being with his disciples from there and then till now?
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by cornelboy(f): 8:30pm On Jan 19, 2022
I think it was mid 2020 when i joined a Bible discussion group on Facebook.
A man from New Zealand posted something bout the apostolic fathers, the fathers that took succession from the first apostles. He asked in his post that were they led by the holy spirit when they were debating and killing themselves to establish doctrines like the Trinity in their creeds.
At first they established that God is two persons and later added the holy spirit as the third person. So he said Trinity is false doctrine, i initially was angry and I was giving him verse and arguing with him.
The more i searched for verses to support my believe, the more he would explain to me from the Bible and little did i know that i was entering the truth. I later found out he is a JW.
Before I met him, i had a lot of question bout Trinity because it was so confusing especially when i read a verse that seems to oppose the doctrine. I saw a book titled faith by Reinhard Bonnke with a friend and borrowed it. From the book, i learnt that Yahweh of the old testament is the Jesus of the New testament. Bonnke proved that Jesus is the almighty God. It was very hot in my head when i met the man.
At a point in time i agreed with him cos i could see it from different angles of the Bible that Trinity is a force doctrine. I was so convinced.
Later he also discussed with me bout doctrines on hell fire and immortal soul. It was hard for me to believe hell isn't real. We had to go through the same process. It was so hard for him to convince me that hell doesn't exist. So i went online searched for articles on hell and Hebrew perspective of hell too. I was convinced weeks later after seeing strong reasons to believe it doesn't exist myself. The fact is, i was able to believe hell isn't real when i had the right knowledge on what human are composed of. I also did research on the word "Gehenna".
The kind of joy i had after being in the truth couldn't be compared to none.
John 8:32
[32]And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

MaxInDHouse:

Thanks to JEHOVAH we are enduring the final part of the days!
Do you know i was really touched the year 2020 when a seemingly unserious student of mine said:
"you taught me that JWs issued the order to start preaching from house to house since 1919 after the release of J.F. Rutherford and his team?"
I responded "Yes"
Then he asked again:
"and ever since then you people have been doing this your preaching till now?"
I responded again "Yes"
He said:
"and it's exactly the year 2019 that another order from the same Governing Body came that you should stop visiting people in their homes"
I responded again "Yes"

His next question is:
"Please tell me, is God's Kingdom about to start so that i can quickly join you people?
How come it's precisely a hundred years that the same Governing Body asked you to stop visiting people?"

I said "because of Covid19 nah!"
He said:
"you know i always attend to you anytime you come, please i'm feeling somehow with the whole thing as you people started preaching in 1919 and stopped in 2019 due to COVID-19!"

This is a person who often dodge stylishly when we go for his Bible study o!
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:53pm On Jan 19, 2022
cornelboy:
I think it was mid 2020 when i joined a Bible discussion group on Facebook.
A man from New Zealand posted something bout the apostolic fathers, the fathers that took succession from the first apostles. He asked in his post that were they led by the holy spirit when they were debating and killing themselves to establish doctrines like the Trinity in their creeds.
At first they established that God is two persons and later added the holy spirit as the third person. So he said Trinity is false doctrine, i initially was angry and I was giving him verse and arguing with him.
The more i searched for verses to support my believe, the more he would explain to me from the Bible and little did i know that i was entering the truth. I later found out he is a JW.
Before I met him, i had a lot of question bout Trinity because it was so confusing especially when i read a verse that seems to oppose the doctrine. I saw a book titled faith by Reinhard Bonnke with a friend and borrowed it. From the book, i learnt that Yahweh of the old testament is the Jesus of the New testament. Bonnke proved that Jesus is the almighty God. It was very hot in my head when i met the man.
At a point in time i agreed with him cos i could see it from different angles of the Bible that Trinity is a force doctrine. I was so convinced.
Later he also discussed with me bout doctrines on hell fire and immortal soul. It was hard for me to believe hell isn't real. We had to go through the same process. It was so hard for him to convince me that hell doesn't exist. So i went online searched for articles on hell and Hebrew perspective of hell too. I was convinced weeks later after seeing strong reasons to believe it doesn't exist myself. The fact is, i was able to believe hell isn't real when i had the right knowledge on what human are composed of. I also did research on the word "Gehenna".
The kind of joy i had after being in the truth couldn't be compared to none.
John 8:32
[32]And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm what a sweet experience!
I'm happy for you my brother! smiley

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by Rosement(f): 11:09pm On Jan 19, 2022
What is the point of creating this thread? jw members are allowed to practice their doctrine in peace, please don't involve us, this is really none of our business.

When we eat or drink blood, it goes from our mouth to our digestive system but when we receive blood through transfusions it goes through our veins to the systems in the body that needs it. We cannot live without blood in our body but we can live without eating or drinking blood. Jesus was even always encouraging us to save lives.

God doesn't get angry when people take logical actions to save lives or help others. God blessed the mid-wives after they lied to their king to save the Hebrew baby boys including Moses. Why did He not punish them for lying. Could they not have rejected the assignment and allowed the king give the assignment to someone else instead of lying?

As a Christian, I know Jesus has explained severally that Christianity is not a tradition or a culture, if you want to follow Jesus genuinely, you have to understand that He placed Love above the law.
(Matthew 22:36-40)
36. Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38. This is the first and great commandment.
39. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

The Bible explained to us in several verses that the law is the knowledge of sin and the law was only created to guide us and make us conscious of sin, it was not created to box us or make us inconvenient.
(Romans 3:20) Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Exodus 20:8 (Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy)
Have you forgotten what Jesus said to justify His disciples when they violated the fourth Commandment?
(Mark 2:24-27)
24. And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful?
25. And he said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him?
26. How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him?
27. And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

If the law is more important to Jesus than Love and kindness, why did He not try to protect the law, why did He support the breaking of the law for the purpose of Love and kindness instead?
Jesus could have said that God did not make it compulsory for people to fast on the Sabbath day, so striving for food or eating on the Sabbath day, should not be considered a sin but instead He explained that Love is greater and our convenience matters more than the laws. The disciples were hungry and they needed to satisfy their tummy but the pharisees preferred to see a man die of starvation than to see him break the law. They couldn't understand that being kind-hearted matters a lot than keeping the law. Jesus replies whenever the pharisees accuse Him or His disciples always explains that God cares more about the intention than the act.

We should always try to keep the law because it is a sin to violate the law but there are certain situations where we have to ignore the law especially when it is trying to stop us for showing love to our neighbours. If you are a Christian and you want to obey Jesus completely, just Love your neighbours, stop being traditional or cultural.
Matthew 25: 35-46

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by cornelboy(f): 11:37pm On Jan 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

That is why I have clearly and directly asked you, is eating and drinking meat with blood and drinking blood sacrifices or sacrifices of blood can be construed as transfusion?

Note the verse says ...eating and drinking blood of any living creatures in any form. If blood transfusion had been invented, God would have included it.

We think it evil because a Life which could have been saved died unreasonably, exactly as a person killed by a driver who was drinking alcohol and driving.

My bro your thoughts do not matter. What matters is fully obeying Jehovah God.

It is an Unreasonable and an Avoidable death.

If it's pleasing to Jehovah and he's the power to raise us up from the dead, we are willing to die pleasing him.

Paul and others risked their life standing for the truth.

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by cornelboy(f): 11:40pm On Jan 19, 2022
What policies are you talking about?

achorladey:

Good for you. It is your express will.

You are not even sure of what the policies really are.

What is the common denominator here

Blood Transfusions

Blood fractions transfusions

Blood components transfusion

Personal blood transfusion during live operation

These other ones that you stated used the name JEHOVAH are they Jehovah’s witnesses or DEVIANTS?

The person who coined the name JEHOVAH, na Jehovah’s witnesses or DEVIANT?

That KJV contributed to what you have come to accept as Bible anyway. KJV does not need to add JEHOVAH to the Bible to be the best translation paapaa.

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by tctrills: 12:07am On Jan 20, 2022
Blood transfusion was not practiced in Bible times. If God isn't pleased with it, he would reveal it to us. The bible said, "Abstain from blood." It could mean. Abstain from shedding blood. Or abstain from eating blood. Or Abstain from touching blood. Or Abstain from seeing Blood. So when a religion decides to interpret it as abstaining from blood transfusion, they are clearly on their own. It's their opinion and they are entitled to it. It's not God's commandment.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by cornelboy(f): 12:15am On Jan 20, 2022
Blood is blood whether you ate it, transfused it or drank it. No be the same body e de go?
Leviticus 17:10,14 didn't just say abstain from blood.

tctrills:
Blood transfusion was not practiced in Bible times. If God isn't pleased with it, he would reveal it to us. The bible said, "Abstain from blood." It could mean. Abstain from shedding blood. Or abstain from eating blood. Or Abstain from touching blood. Or Abstain from seeing Blood. So when a religion decides to interpret it as abstaining from blood transfusion, they are clearly on their own. It's their opinion and they are entitled to it. It's not God's commandment.
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by cornelboy(f): 12:28am On Jan 20, 2022
Are you a fraudster and you masturbate cos God no write am for Bible? If you no know Dem be sin ask the little kids at church.

Well i don't think you're aware that I'm not a JW. So their policy is what I'm going after next.

Good news be say i don know say Trinity and hell fire and immortal soul na false doctrine and i can defend that anywhere.

achorladey:

What is the penalty for you choosing to accept blood transfusion as based on the religious policy of the organization you belong? Which scriptures in the Bible support it? What is the essence of the policy since blood transfusion is a conscience and personal matter? I only want to know the degree of force in play here. Why did such policies state willful acceptance without remorse is as good as the person had disassociated himself?

Where in the scripture did you see it stated it is sin against God? You can only draw conclusions from other laws just like you are doing for blood transfusion. Since it is not EXPLICIT don't go about saying it is God's laws or sin against God. The reason you need to runaway from LEGALISM.

One part of your mouth says it is God's law and it is a sin, the other part of your mouth is saying it is not God's law and sin. Where you stand paapaa?

That is why we have EISEGESIS and EXEGESIS of the scripture. You cannot be interpreting your thought into the scripture. When the account of Acts were written, do they have the sense of blood transfusion? When you wake up those who wrote that account and ask them, do they mean things related to blood transfusion? What will be their response?

One part of your mouth says it is God's law, the other part of your mouth is saying it is not God's law. Where you stand paapaa?

The policies regarding blood say you don't abstain completely from blood. The reason you see allowance for component abi na fractions e.t.c. That it is a personal choice does not remove that fact the organization don't abstain from it.

Consult your religious leaders and elders abi na HLC should you need more information. The reason I asked a question earlier you didn't respond.

The law on blood given has nothing to do with blood transfusion.

LEGALISM. You seem not to understand what it means.
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by tctrills: 12:46am On Jan 20, 2022
cornelboy:
Blood is blood whether you ate it, transfused it or drank it. No be the same body e de go?
Leviticus 17:10,14 didn't just say abstain from blood.

What about touching it or seeing it or talking about it? Are these also against your law? God's law was about eating blood. I don't think we have the power to add to it no matter the church we represent.
Just in case you did not know, you can't eat meat without eating blood. It is just imposible.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by Workch: 12:49am On Jan 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
God gave answers thousands of years ago. The only reason you don't know is because you chose ignorance of His Truth....nothing to do with God. undecided
do you have evidence that your peculiar god exist?
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by Rosement(f): 2:14am On Jan 20, 2022
Laws in the Bible can be divided into civil, ritual and moral laws. The New testament did not instruct us to comply with the civil laws and ritual laws. If we want to claim salvation by works and not by grace, then we should still consider ourselves unsaved because we have not done any works and there are several laws in the old testament that we have not been observing.

Most laws in the old testament were specifically written for Israel in the time when rituals were compulsory, they are not meant for us, so it is not a sin to ignore the them.

Civil - means not military or religious, relating to the ordinary people of a country or relating to citizens of a country: Civil laws differs by country, every country have their own civil laws, so the Israel civil laws recorded in the old testament was not extended to us because the Church is not the physical Israel nation and it is made up of people from different nations.

Ritual is a sequence of activities involving gestures, words, actions, or objects, performed according to a set sequence. Ritual laws are no longer valid because Jesus has paid the price for them by sacrificing His own life.

Moral laws are laws that can guide our morals. The ten Commandments are made up of moral laws, thou shall not kill, thou shall not steal, etc.

Not all laws in the Bible are meant for us, like the law in Leviticus 19:27, Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:03am On Jan 20, 2022
cornelboy:
If blood transfusion had been invented, God would have included it.

That is not an answer, tattoos had not yet been invented yet it was covered.

Therefore, you can not prove that blood transfusion is eating and drinking.

cornelboy:

My bro your thoughts do not matter. What matters is fully obeying Jehovah God.

If our thoughts did not matter then you would have left your beliefs in the protection of your mind and not brought it here.

But now that you see that you can not reasonably substantiate your belief, you are now attempting to defend yourself by playing the personal card.

You can not do so for you, by yourself, exposed your indefensible belief and now that you can not defend it, you are simply retreating in failure.

So saying our thoughts do not matter, is not a defence but clearly a proof of running away and your inability to defend your belief.

cornelboy:

If it's pleasing to Jehovah and he's the power to raise us up from the dead, we are willing to die pleasing him.

In other words you now confess rather than defend your that you have the power to commit self murder! Which is very True!

Like I said, The Holy Judge will judge these things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

PHOTOS- Founder Of Celica Church Of Christ / Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? / How Did You Feel After You Finally Defeated That Stubborn Addiction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.